PDA

View Full Version : Hampton, Smith, Moore, Worilds, Kemo all ruled out

tony hipchest
10-07-2011, 02:57 PM
geeze. walking wounded. i think in the past most of these old farts would play but im guessing the coaches are more than happy to get some of this young blood in there. (if you consider hoke young blood)

jjpro11
10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
not to mention Harrison and the likely deactivation of Mendenhall on gameday.

tony hipchest
10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
AtlantaDan noted, and i find it ironic, that this seems like the first time in 15 or so years we dont have a bye week in the 1st 6 weeks of the season. :doh:

we coulda used it now, more than ever.

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
i guess we will get a good luck at the steelers' youth. i would to see sylvester play some, but i doubt he sees the field. maybe foote will play well, but i doubt it.

tony hipchest
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
i think we'll see sly about 7-12 plays, possibly in relief of both, and if he makes an early impact or splash play, maybe he gets to stay in even longer. if he's screwing up and missing assignments it may dictate playing time in the future.

its all up to him. i hope hes prepared and ready to shine.

Fire Arians
10-07-2011, 04:19 PM
hampton out? we can hopefully get a closer look on mclendon. will be good to have kiesel back though, he was one of the few linemen who was doing a good job early this season

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2011, 04:28 PM
That is a lot of injuries

The line has dropped to Steelers -3 (it was at -6 & 1/2 earlier this week) - Vegas sees something bad lurking

A lot of folks (including Tom Jackson on ESPN) are now picking the Titans straight up

That in some ways makes me feel better than if everyone thought this was a sure thing for the Steelers

That having been said, if the Steelers lose Sunday they go to 2-3 and will lose the tiebreaker to the Titans and Houston for any wildcard

A loss Sunday and this will be looking like 2006 where the season was toast by early November (in 2009 the collapse started in mid-November after the Steelers had won 5 straight and were 6-2 at mid-sesson).

stb_steeler
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
We'll see what our back ups are made of.....didnt know Big snack was out!
This sisnt looking good.....

tony hipchest
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
MarkKaboly_Trib Mark Kaboly
#Steelers might have to dress injured players against Titans just to get to 46 for game day.

:doh:

tanda10506
10-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Harrison is a huge loss but the real problem is Worilds out too. At least we could have played him in his spot as a pass rusher. I think with Redman starting, Keisel back, Starks signed, Smith out, and a seemingly determined team that we had a chance to really bounce back. But not with Foote and Farrior both in the middle. The titans TE's will be open ALL GAME. Snack was playing well too I thought.

Fire Arians
10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
who knows, maybe we might do like the packers did last year. end the regular season squeaking into the playoffs with almost half the team injured or on IR, and the young players step up to make an impressive run to a championship.

hey, we all can dream can't we? :)

harrison'samonster
10-07-2011, 06:56 PM
who knows, maybe we might do like the packers did last year. end the regular season squeaking into the playoffs with almost half the team injured or on IR, and the young players step up to make an impressive run to a championship.

there's always hope! That is a lot of injured players though

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Bill Simmons sees squeaking in and then making a run as a possibility

Here are my Week 5 picks for all kinds of things...

Titans (+3) over STEELERS
Tennessee's D, meet Ben Roethlisberger's badly sprained foot. Of course

People Not Counting Out The Steelers (+7) over People Counting Out The Steelers

If we've learned anything about the NFL these past few years other than "You can't win without a good QB" and "Don't text a picture of your penis to someone you don't know," it's this: Nothing that happens before Halloween really matters, as long as you don't fall into an unrecoverable crater (like 2-6 or 1-7). Right now the Steelers are 14-to-1 to win the Super Bowl. If they blow this game (and I think they will, even if the line's dropping 3 points was a major "STAY AWAY!" betting flag), that should drop to 20-to-1 and that's when it becomes a pretty good value play. Look at the AFC: New England, Baltimore, San Diego and Houston are playoff teams; Tennessee, Pittsburgh and maybe the Jets/Raide]rs are lurking; I can't take anyone else seriously. All they need to do is get in.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7071243/laying-week-5-odds

Goldsteel86
10-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Damn, is Arians on the list, I keep hitting the refresh button but his name isn't there. Anyone hear any late breaking news???? Did he come down with a bad case of hemmorroids from being so anal with his play calling? If you get any news please post ASAP, thanks!!!!!:coffee: