PDA

View Full Version : Lewis and Gay growing into roles

tburhans
10-07-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11280/1180323-66.stm

William Gay getting some respect for once lol, glad to see Lewis is finally stepping up, hope he can keep getting better and become our #2 cb

tanda10506
10-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Gay is playing well, a lot better than McFadden was last year. Lewis has too but I really notice it with Gay. Taylor has been a shut down corner, we got Allen and Brown, two young corners who will hopefully be the future, Lewis is playing well and as mentioned Gay is too, I don't see a spot for "burnt all day" McFadden, then again I was even saying that last year.

55BaileyFan
10-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Gay is playing well...I am not really impressed with Lewis. I think that Brown should get a shot, I would love to see what he can do.

I hate that Tomlin doesn't seem to want to let some guys get time. If something is not working why not try something new....I would love to see Brown getting time and Sly, why the hell is Sly not getting a shot with the injuries and lack of production.

DanRooney
10-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Gay is playing well...I am not really impressed with Lewis. I think that Butler should get a shot, I would love to see what he can do.

I hate that Tomlin doesn't seem to want to let some guys get time. If something is not working why not try something new....I would love to see Butler getting time and Sly, why the hell is Sly not getting a shot with the injuries and lack of production.

That would would be a great idea if Butler was still on the team

ricardisimo
10-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Now everyone's going to go in the opposite direction on Gay. Too funny. He's OK. Just remember that Gay is OK - nothing more, nothing less - and you won't find yourselves in a murderous rage calling for his head when he screws up in some other game down the road.

tony hipchest
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
That would would be a great idea if Butler was still on the team....and not 1 week out of the hospital with a cast up to his shin.

Now everyone's going to go in the opposite direction on Gay. Too funny. He's OK. Just remember that Gay is OK - nothing more, nothing less - and you won't find yourselves in a murderous rage calling for his head when he screws up in some other game down the road.

i almost guarantee you will hear it as soon as this sunday if he misses a tackle on chris johnson. nevermind that CJ is one of the most dynamic backs in the league and makes a living breaking the ankles of backers and secondaries.

ETL
10-07-2011, 10:22 PM

I agree. Gay is just Ok.

DanRooney
10-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Gay hasn't been tested because teams don't need to pass when they can just run down our throat. Just what until LeBeau lines him up against Gronkowski again a few weeks down the road,

kirklandrules
10-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Let me interject some bi-curious thoughts into this very Gay conversation:

On the one hand I like that Gay guy because it's been said that he has been handling the load.

On the other hand Gay might not be all that great in the long run. He certainly hasn't faced a tosser that really brings it the way that sissy Tom Brady will and we might just find out Gay is not the way.

So I'm a little confused and not sure if Gay is right for me.:noidea:

55BaileyFan
10-08-2011, 08:03 AM
That would would be a great idea if Butler was still on the team

Not Butler...Brown. HUGE TYPO

Wallabeast17
10-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Gay hasn't been tested because teams don't need to pass when they can just run down our throat. Just what until LeBeau lines him up against Gronkowski again a few weeks down the road,

No! not again!!..:injured:

LVSteelersfan
10-08-2011, 11:12 AM

What he said. I have seen Gay get owned numerous times by the running backs. Just because they aren't passing his way doesn't mean he isn't still mediocre at best. He is going to get torched by Brady if he is out there. Guaranteed.