PDA

View Full Version : If Redman Starts, There Will Be No Doubt Who Our RB Should Be

3rdandlong
10-08-2011, 09:40 AM
If I were Mendenhall, I would do everything I can to not let Redman start. Otherwise, it will be very apparent who our starting RB should be. It's sad that it took an injury for Tomlin and Arians to finally give Redman the start.

If Redman gets 20 carries, he should get 100 yards, too. Looking forward to see what Redman can do through a whole game.

55BaileyFan
10-08-2011, 09:55 AM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/10/plenty-of-rb-depth.html

Agreed

BlaZeQuietly
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
yup

ricardisimo
10-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Does Redman get a different Offensive Coordinator? :noidea:

Exordium
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
If I was Mendy, I'd be worried.

Steelerfreak58
10-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Truth

mikegrimey
10-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm sure Mendenhall would take advantage of teh opportunity to spew more pseudo philosophy on twitter while getting his balls licked by depraved sycophants

ricardisimo
10-08-2011, 09:53 PM
:scratchchin: Mmmm... getting my balls licked by depraved sycophants... :drooling:

:thumbsup:

ETL
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Mendenhall, in my opinion, has more natural talent than Redman. He's faster and has more lateral mobility.

HOWEVER, he's got less heart and brains. He does not hit the holes as fast as Redman and unlike Redman who had no national success in college, Mendenhall thinks he can duplicate the success he had at Illinois by juking and dancing. Redman knew immediately that in the pros, he has no time to dance. Basically Redman's running on instinct and Mendenhall is thinking too much.

I would not be surprised if Redman does better than Mendenhall. If Issac becomes a better starter - it just continues the tradition of no-name RBs becoming stars here in Pittsburgh ... a la Barry Foster and Willie Parker.

solardave
10-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I believe he will do well today if he starts. Based on recent history if Mendy doesn't go I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore start. That would just be stupid.

ricardisimo
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
No doubt at all: Dwyer.

I go back to my original question: do the other backs somehow get a different OC? It all worked out great today, so I'm not complaining, but the long and the short of it is that we have a nice stable of backs, and Mendy is still the best of them.

davidtrout
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
No doubt at all: Dwyer.

I go back to my original question: do the other backs somehow get a different OC? It all worked out great today, so I'm not complaining, but the long and the short of it is that we have a nice stable of backs, and Mendy is still the best of them.

I know Dwyer had the biggest run of the day, but that credit goes to the line. I could have made that run with the hole they opened up, and I smoke, and I'm almost 50, and white.:chuckle:

Redman was the most impressive runner today. Good hard running, consistent, fighting for extra inches, Dwyer played well, Isaac played great.

harrison'samonster
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree, Dwyer played very well, but Redman looked great.

19ward86
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I think if you put mendy behind the line that showed up today he would of looked good too. i love redman but i mendy isnt going anywhere. maybe more carries for redman but not the starter

btaylor179
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
mendy tip toes to much ......IR hits the hole....and yes thats what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!