PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Cowher on ESPN today?

clevestinks
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
they started out talking about his game. Then everything else that was brought up he refered back to the game over and over. I love Cowher the coach, and the chin. But Cowher the salesman? Don`t know if I was ready for that!

Cape Cod Steel Head
06-09-2006, 07:39 PM
they started out talking about his game. Then everything else that was brought up he refered back to the game over and over. I love Cowher the coach, and the chin. But Cowher the salesman? Don`t know if I was ready for that!
Yeah, I thought it was kind of cheesey.

steelcity984
06-09-2006, 09:24 PM
yea he basically just promoted the game a lot

Atlanta Dan
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Take it from a Duke grad who has seen Coach K debase himself by shilling for American Express and Chevy.

When a coach of your favorite team cashes in and become a shameless huckster for products it tarnishes your view of them that previously has been based exclusively upon their association with the team you follow. More power to them for grabbing the $$ but it does not boost their image.

One of the many examples of Chuck Noll's class was that he did not do commercials - Noll thought soaking up that gravy should be saved for the players.

Volpe1564
06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
One of the many examples of Chuck Noll's class was that he did not do commercials - Noll thought soaking up that gravy should be saved for the players.

Soooo True.:smile: but you cant expect every coach after him to be That classy. and if the Rooney's had a prob with it that much it would not have happened tho.......makes me wanna buy the game TBH

Ohio Steeler
06-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Damn DVR did not record it like I told it to

CowherLover
06-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Maybe I only saw the short version, but what I saw he only promoted towards the beginning and a short stint in the middle. I didn't think it was anything to over the top, but like I said it might have been the short version. Anytime I get to see my guy is good for me, I don't care if he's doin a promo for tighty whities. I'd still TiVo it and watch it over and over, and anyone here that knows me knows I'm not built that way,lol!