PDA

View Full Version : Starks

55BaileyFan
10-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I know its early...but the line is playing so much better and I think that Starks has something to do with it. Pouncey can now help out the left side and that huge man Starks is just a mauler...Sooooooo happy right now with them and the run game.

3rdandlong
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
What does that say about Jonathan Scott. Starks hasn't played in 11 months, and comes in and hugely outperforms Scott. Very pleased with the offensive line today

55BaileyFan
10-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Did you notice when Scott came in for Gilbert...we couldn't run to the right anymore? He is so terrible and shouldn't even be on the field. I would rather see Jamon Meredith.

PhantomJB93
10-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Did you notice when Scott came in for Gilbert...we couldn't run to the right anymore? He is so terrible and shouldn't even be on the field. I would rather see Jamon Meredith.

As would I. At least with Meredith there's a small chance we could be getting a diamond in the rough or something, with Scott we already know we're getting a free pass/turnstile for pass rushers the second we put him in...

Chadmagic
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Starks came up big today. He performed like he was there the whole year!
I hope he stays healthy.

Goldsteel86
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Lovin me some Starks today, Ben looked like he had more confidence, game ball Max Starks!!!!

SunshineMan21
10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Lol . . . Starks came in from sitting in his coach/neck injury and just took Jonathan Scott's job after less than a week.

After Scott's performances this season, I would let Chris Hoke try his hand at LT before letting him get back there again. :P

OX1947
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Starks sitting for an extra 3 months may have helped.

tanda10506
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
The defense was pumped up and playing great, we ran the ball well, and we had decent time to pass, Starks, thank you!!!

steelersfan77
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Starks was always injury prone. I guess that's not much different than what we're seeing from the rest of the squad this year though.

When Starks is healthy he's good, not great but good. He doesn't have the best lateral movement and he doesn't have quick feet but his huge frame makes up for it. He's back and he's healthy and we need him to stay that way.

Starks
Kemo
Pouncey
Legursky/Essex
Gilbert

That's a pretty formidable offensive line with plenty of experience in winning. Staying healthy is key.