PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread vs. Titans/Game Ball

SteelCityMom
10-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Gonna post this up here real quick, cause we have to head out for the evening.

I'd give the game ball to the whole team if I could...it was an incredible turnaround on all sides of the ball, coaches on down.

Mine is going to Ben though specifically. Not only 4 TD passes (so far lol), but he was a true leader on offense today. A few hiccups here and there, but one of the best offensive showings I've seen in a while.

Both Redman and Dwyer impressed the hell out of me today. As did Woodley and the entire defense today.

They definitely needed to embarrass someone, and they did just that today! Hope they keep this momentum going through the rest of the season! :tt02:

davidtrout
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Max Starks gets my game ball.

DoctorCAD
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I am SO happy to be wrong about the game this week.

A great day for Ben.

Wallabeast17
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Max Starks gets my game ball.

No doubt he deserves it, although all around the whole team played pretty well..

Third Rail
10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Ben!!!!!! Awesome game for our QB. Also, great work by Redman, Dwyer, Starks, Woodley, Ward, Wallace, Troy, Heath and Sepulveda. What an awesome game. Let's hope the Steelers can keep it up.

Heh, who else thinks Seps should be our new backup QB? (jk)

GMU Steeler
10-09-2011, 04:19 PM
O-line did great today. I think having Starks back helped a lot. Chemistry is important on the line and if I understand right, Starks and Ben are good pals. Game ball? You gotta give it to Ben honestly. 5 TDs and he was hurt too. All around a solid game. Favorite play was the fake punt that Mundy caught. Caught myself and more importantly the Titans completely off guard. This team looked great today.

ZoneBlitzer
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Starks and Ben for the game ball. Ben did a good job taking what the defense game him. His YPA was way down but keeping possession and moving the chains matters most to IMO. And with Starks, I didn't notice him and that's good for an offensive lineman for the most part.

SoCalFan
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
How about the "washed up old man" HINES WARD!!!:tt03:

Chadmagic
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Im giving my game ball to the coaching staff. More specifically Bruce Arians.
Lets face it, he stepped out of his comfort zone and made the necessary adjustments
and threw in a few gadget plays and we came out BIG! I know he couldn't have liked it.
But he did it and it paid off. Hope he keeps it up.

SH-Rock
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
This win doesn't matter, the season is over.

GMU Steeler
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Im giving my game ball to the coaching staff. More specifically Bruce Arians.
Lets face it, he stepped out of his comfort zone and made the necessary adjustments
and threw in a few gadget plays and we came out BIG! I know he couldn't have liked it.
But he did it and it paid off. Hope he keeps it up.

Yeah he called a good game. Not much to be upset with this game. I have to admit when Johnson got that big run to start the game. I thought oh crap here we go again but the D looked like the D of old for much of the game today.

davidtrout
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
:tt04:What a solid performance! Special teams has had better days, but offense and defense looked like the Pittsburgh Steelers for the first time all year.:tt04:

Power Football! It's about time. I've been hesitant to call for Redman to get the bulk of the carries but not anymore. Mendy has better speed and agility but isn't as good of a football player.

Hines and Heath part of the actual gameplan? Seriously, not 3rd or 4th options but actually targeted. Imagine that, short quick passes and power running to loosen up a secondary. How many TD passes did that lead to?

Whole new level of respect for Max Starks! Don't know what you got, 'til it's gone. The entire line played better than they have all season.

Woodley steps up! Keisel comes back strong! Defense got a little sloppy at the end, but that's to be expected. Only with a big lead like that will we see Heyward, McClendon, Mundy, Lewis, and Carter on the field at the same time.

If Ike Taylor continues to play the way he has in the first 5 games and doesn't get a pro bowl nod, the whole system is beyond broken.

The fake punt put a charge into this team that we haven't seen all year. When they play with emotion like that, they can beat anyone. Attitude makes all the difference in the world.

There were some bad things; another blocked kick, caught off-guard with the onside kick, what the hell was Nate Washington doing all alone in the endzone in the fourth?, Ben's int was pretty dumb on his part. Still a great game all around and renewed hope in Steeler Nation!:tt03:

Fire Arians
10-09-2011, 04:38 PM
max starks

davidtrout
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
How about the "washed up old man" HINES WARD!!!:tt03:

No sh!t, right?:thumbsup:

Does he ever let us down? Make him part of the game and good things will happen. That second TD was a thing of beauty and Ben was a fraction of a second too late earlier in the game or he would have had a long TD catch to go with it.

davidtrout
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
This win doesn't matter, the season is over.

:rofl:

Steel_Bus_24
Well that was a good response after the beating we took last week.....but we have to keep it going and become more consistent

Thats whats had so many people freaked out....is the lack of improvement into the next week

Big props to Max out there, he's a warrior.....Neck injuries are scary business,hope he doesn't have any more serious issues with it..

Ben played within himself and prospered.....Redman/Dwyer/O Line came to play with their big boy pads today and actually made the running game look good for once.....but of course still lots of room to improve, and again the key will be to keep the improvements going

Im not going to get too excited about this one, the titans were down their best Wr, and Ive seen too much of this Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hide BS from the Steelers this year....

but I was a little more encouraged that our guys looked to have some nasty in them out there finally

harrison'samonster
Chris Hoke played great, especially early on and helped set the tone for the game. Starks came up big too. It was nice to see Ward and Miller being part of the game plan.

harrison'samonster
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
but I was a little more encouraged that our guys looked to have some nasty in them out there finally

I completely agree

Fire Arians
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
heyward was disruptive while he was in there. i want to see that kid get more playing time

55BaileyFan
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/10/steelers-run-over-titans.html

GREAT GAME

tony hipchest
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
nice to see hoke get some recognition.

ben is MVP but i'd give a welcome back gameball to max.

BossAus
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
What? Bruce Arians is evolving!

Seriously though this is the best playcalling I have seen from BA.
Maybe Charlie Batch was calling the plays.

Goldsteel86
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Ben had a very good game, dual game balls, Max Starks and Johnathon Dwyer, a sweet game. Totally a true Steeler football game and the scoreboard showed!!!!!!!

btaylor179
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
i still think farrior needs to turn to coaching ...he is DONE!!!!!!!!! troy still looks out of place alot...and it only took 5 games for that 60 million $ to start reaping its dividends mr. woodley......DAMN!!!!!!!!

BritishSteel
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
nice to see hoke get some recognition.

ben is MVP but i'd give a welcome back gameball to max.

Hoke and Starks both did the business today - both lines looked much more imposing than the first 4 weeks. I heard a stat on the commentary (I think I remember this right) that we're 16-1 in games that Hoke's started. So yeah, it is nice to see Chris get some props.

Want1MoreSB
10-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Gonna post this up here real quick, cause we have to head out for the evening.

I'd give the game ball to the whole team if I could...it was an incredible turnaround on all sides of the b.all, coaches on down.
:tt02:
This is the first time in a long time I saw Woodley doing his best to help the team. I am glad Aaron Smith and C. Hampton play today--they have not been productive this season. It was nice to see Hines play well. The O-line finally showed up to play 'Steelers-football', NOT 'soft-football'. I just hope our team can continue to improve and beat the ---- out of the Pats when they come to the Heinz field.

WickedSteel
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
The Good

Starks - (dude came out there off the street and put in a good effort)

Hoke and the rest of the D line - (way more effort and execution out there today. I love Aaron Smith to death but here has run out of gas. Nice to see Hood and Heyward steeping up)

Ben - (outside of the boneheaded INT, he played a poised, smart game and the 5 TDs showed it. It helped that the O line played better today against a good defensive team)

Ward - (still showing that he can find ways to get open and make plays, props to the "old man")

Trick play - (gutsy call and excellent execution to keep the momentum at a crucial point in the game)

Dwyer/Redman - (both looked great at times today. I loved to see Ike bulldozing people and Dwyer breaking nice runs)

Woodely - (he was a game changer out there today. 1.5 sacks and the INT and really made and impact thanks to the much improved line play)

BA/Play calling - (Arians finally called a game today that made sense. Ben was getting rid of the ball quicker and the run plays were successful. It was nice to see him finally take advantage of the strengths while finding was to make up for the weaknesses)
The Bad

Holes in the D - (an overall good effort today but still many problem areas out there. Guys are being left wide open out there and if it weren't for bad throws by Hasselbeck, this could have been a different game)

Troy - ( I hate to put him here but the dude has been looking lost at times this season. You can tell that he is getting frustrated as well out there on the field. He still is wreaking havoc at times but he is failing to be the game changer that he usually is)

Offensive brain farts - (kept it to a minimum today but that INT by Ben cannot happen in close games)

The Ugly

More O linemen going down - (I mean, c'mon, every time I look a linemen is down on the ground or getting up slow)

Special Teams - (with the exception of the trick punt, the special team have looked bad lately. A blocked FG last week and now a blocked punt? This needs fixed fast.)

Overall a very impressive showing today but this intensity and execution has to continue. They need to keep this momentum rolling into the games with the Jags and Cards and come out with 2 more wins before NE comes to town. Still a few areas that need tweaked but I am happy that I am eating crow tonight. Keep it up boys.

BengalDestroyer
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Good play all around! Game ball has to go to Starks though, finally a real LT, the key to our victory today...

mizzouristeeler
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Max starks looked good. But the o line finally showed up and opened up some huge holes for redman. They played way better than I expected. Glad to eat my words:tt04:

Bayz101
10-09-2011, 10:58 PM
I notice a lot of hate going Farriors way. I mean, yeah, he made a bone-headed penalty in the game, but if i'm not mistaken, he lead the defensive unit in tackles, and assists?

Buddha Bus
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Ben and B.A. for not getting greedy and taking what the defense gave them. Let's keep game planning like this for the rest of the year and we can be unstoppable! :tt04: :tt02: :helmet: :tt: :tt03:

tony hipchest
10-09-2011, 11:35 PM
ryan clark confirms via twitter that max starks got the gameball.

welcome back! :tt02:

GMU Steeler
10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
ryan clark confirms via twitter that max starks got the gameball.

welcome back! :tt02:

Well there ya go. Glad Max got in shape after being cut. Perhaps it was the motivation he needed to be a better tackle. He clearly loves being a Steeler.

SteelCurtain5643
10-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Definitely a great game today. Offense looked alot better seeing as Ben had a little more time to make things happen and actually stayed off his back this week. Glad to see Starks back and playing so well we needed that. Of course the O-line gets another injury though with Gilbert leaving the game, what else is new. All in all a great week, hopefully another W is in order against the pitiful Jags next week. Lets hope this good play keeps up!! Go Steelers!! :tt02::tt02:

Third Rail
10-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah, the O-Line held up nicely today and I think a lot of that is because Starks came back and did his thing.

Amazingly, the only sack Ben took (at least I think there was only one) was still a great play on our QB's part because he somehow held onto that ball. I guarantee you, had that happened to ANY other QB in the league, that would have resulted in a fumble.

lardlad
10-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah, the O-Line held up nicely today and I think a lot of that is because Starks came back and did his thing.

Amazingly, the only sack Ben took (at least I think there was only one) was still a great play on our QB's part because he somehow held onto that ball. I guarantee you, had that happened to ANY other QB in the league, that would have resulted in a fumble.

Anyone want to give the game ball to Arians? He finally got it through his thick cromagnon head to shorten up the plays.

StainlessStill
10-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Definitely a great game today. Offense looked alot better seeing as Ben had a little more time to make things happen and actually stayed off his back this week.

There's a reason for that. God forbid if we insert some underneath for Ben to actually make reads rather than being a sitting duck waiting for his receivers to just turn around 15 yards downfield. Ben was getting it out quick because the dude finally had some help around him. Ben's dangerous. I love that mf'er.