PDA

View Full Version : New on Board/Complaining Already

CAH
06-09-2006, 09:49 PM
This may be just me but is the print on this board half size?

I'm not near blind but all reading is a strain.

DIESELMAN
06-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh NO....is the rest of your computer like that? if it is you might want to adjust your pixels on your display settings.

CAH
06-09-2006, 10:19 PM
This is the only place with such small print except for some news stories. My text size is the largest I can make it. Maybe I should try FireFox and see how they handle it.

Truthfully, this is half the size of any message boards I've visited. Don't you just love people who bitch?

Suitanim
06-09-2006, 10:40 PM
That's all the proof I need...this is DEFINITELY Carol.

Welcome aboard, Carol. You'll find this a much more cordial and peaceful abode...

Stlrs4Life
06-09-2006, 10:49 PM
This is the only place with such small print except for some news stories. My text size is the largest I can make it. Maybe I should try FireFox and see how they handle it.

Truthfully, this is half the size of any message boards I've visited. Don't you just love people who bitch?

It's not your computer CAH. It is smaller than most Message boards.

MattsMe
06-10-2006, 01:24 AM
It's small on mine too, but I use Firefox and just increase the text size when I visit.

3 to be 4
06-10-2006, 01:32 AM
It was in the pool!!!!!! It was in the pool!!!!!!!!!!!

MattsMe
06-10-2006, 01:44 AM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

"It shrinks?"

"Like a frightened turtle."

clevestinks
06-10-2006, 06:32 AM
I thought it was I`m cold! LOL anyway its worth the rep ppints:sofunny:

CAH
06-10-2006, 01:53 PM
It's small on mine too, but I use Firefox and just increase the text size when I visit.
I'm not crazy about FireFox and got rid of it. Guess I'll have to download it again.

The print is so small, my eyes water after reading a dozen posts. :dang:

SteelShooter
06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not crazy about FireFox and got rid of it. Guess I'll have to download it again.

It took some getting used to, but I love Firefox now. Now when I scan, I do not have near the adware/spyware that I would get while using Internet Explorer. :smile:

CAH
06-10-2006, 02:47 PM
It took some getting used to, but I love Firefox now. Now when I scan, I do not have near the adware/spyware that I would get while using Internet Explorer. :smile:
My problem is solved. I just got done installing FireFox and

I can see!!!!!!!!:bouncy:

CowherLover
06-10-2006, 03:59 PM

My eyes water after reading certain posts too, but it's not because of the size unfortunately,lol!

Ambridge
06-10-2006, 06:56 PM
You'll find this a much more cordial and peaceful abode...

You know you're going to be villified and burned in effigy for saying that. :grin:

CAH
06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
You know you're going to be villified and burned in effigy for saying that. :grin:
Hi, Ambridge. Do you need a match? :tap:

Ambridge
06-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi, Ambridge. Do you need a match? :tap:

Hi Cah!! How are you doing??

Do I need a match??.......LOL.......No, I'll be burning at the stake.

CAH
06-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi Cah!! How are you doing??

Do I need a match??.......LOL.......No, I'll be burning at the stake.
Why should you care? It's a free country - almost. It has already been announced on SN that I registered here and I acknowledged it. I can belong to 20 boards if I want but a couple keep my computer "skills" very busy.

Ambridge
06-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Why should you care? It's a free country - almost. It has already been announced on SN that I registered here and I acknowledged it. I can belong to 20 boards if I want but a couple keep my computer "skills" very busy.

Of course I don't care, I was just making fun of that whole situation that happened last year.

CAH
06-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Of course I don't care, I was just making fun of that whole situation that happened last year.
It was something about money, right? Sorry, not meant to belittle your problem. Geez I seem to create problems for myself all the time. Seven years gives you a lot of headaches and being taken for a man for 3 or 4 years, was a start.

Heck, when I came on this board, I missed the place where new members introduce themselves and opened one in this forum to say Hi. I capped it off by starting this thread to bitch about the print. Want to try to top that? :dang:

Galloway6
06-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Your on a roll CAH...:smile:

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah CAH, I seen that post. I'm sure they know I post herem, but they never said anything to me. Dave doesn't really care anyway. Why would he?

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM

Firefox is faster and better for your systems health then that slow piece of crap Internet Explorer. What a piece of garbage browser that is.

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Firefox is faster and better for your systems health then that slow piece of crap Internet Explorer. What a piece of garbage browser that is.

I use Netscape have never tryed firefox

CAH
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I use IE and FireFox. IE is a lot better for any kind of games. FF required me to download certain things like Java so I did. It must have taken me 6 or 7 minutes until I could get into the game. I then scrapped their Java and stayed with IE.

You have to go with what works best for you.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
I use Netscape have never tryed firefox

Firefox is built on Netscapes engine, I believe. If I were you, I would use either IE or Firefox as both are more recent....

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I will download it and give it a try

Suitanim
06-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm still in shock that there are people using IE. I'm no computer guru, but I know my way around a machine better than most I guess (actually had a A+ hardware cert way back in the day), and I usually get roped into helping my friends debug their machines when they get in trouble w/ spyware, viruses, etc, etc...lately, all I've been doing is loading Firefox for them, deleting any shortcuts or icons for IE (to keep them from accidenatlly launching it again), and just by that simple upgrade, I usually fix their problem.