PDA

View Full Version : Younger players maybe ready to step up D?

steelers33
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Today was a solid performance from the D, they got nice pressure and a turnover. But what I really was most pleased with was our younger players who stepped up today. In the front 7 Hood, Heyward, and Woodley all had nice games. I saw each one of them have nice pressure on Hasseldick that in turn took pressure off of our ILBs. Farrior even looked young today because he had younger and fresher guys playing around him. As for the secondary I am a fan of Kennan Lewis. He played a good game today except for the TD against him that he had a miscommunication with Mundy. I can take that though because we were going to win the game anyways, and hopefully he learns from it and becomes even better. Bottom line is that our older guys on defense will have a resurgence if we have a trio of young guys step up, and for our o-line to step up and sustain drives. But can these younger guys play with this consistency for the rest of the season? Can they really step up?

Goldsteel86
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Heyward looked good, lets see some more, loved the D this week, definitely loved me some Heyward!!!!!!