PDA

View Full Version : In my eyes

Bayz101
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
We played our best game in a while out their today. We looked like a totally different team. A team with confidence. A team with their minds set on one gameplan. That gameplan was executed.

As Tomlin said, it was by no means perfect. But it was good enough to beat a 3-1 Titans team. Defense stepped up, Offense stepped up. It was an overall great game.

Ben seemed to be making better decisions, and our running game flourished. The "patchwork" offensive line looked more as if it belonged in the probowl. Ben was getting on average 4 seconds to throw the ball. Last weekend, that amount of time would have proved victorious.

So in conclusion, I'd like to say that, with this squad, we're in good shape. Here's to an injury free fall :noidea:

The guys who made plays:

Farrior (leading defensive player, despite a boneheaded penalty)
Woodley
Polamalu (disrupted a lot of possible game changing plays)
Hoke
Ben Roethlisberger (with more time in the pocket, he made better decisions, and threw 5 touchdowns)

My player(s) of the game:

Redman and Dwyer. Combined for 156 yards in the running game. That's just 20 yards short of what Mendy's done ALL SEASON.

StainlessStill
10-09-2011, 09:22 PM
The game ball, for me, has to go to the coaching staff.

It took 5, count them, 5 solid weeks to actually make an adjustment for this football team. They looked deeper. They saw what was wrong, they pin-pointed it, and they implanted a game plan that would benefit those gray area's. More importantly, we gave it to our play makers and we damn near executed to perfection today.

It was great for the team to recognize and be on the same page on the quick slants and hot-reads (minus Ben's miscue with Hines before half) and see the pressure kind of step back off of Ben with getting the ground game going.

IMHO, it's all about the ground game and Redman/Dwyer are the perfect players to run behind the line we got. Use Mendenhall in a slot position and get him into the open field while Redman and Dwyer handle short yardage and between the tackle running.

Bayz101
10-09-2011, 09:30 PM
The game ball, for me, has to go to the coaching staff.

It took 5, count them, 5 solid weeks to actually make an adjustment for this football team. They looked deeper. They saw what was wrong, they pin-pointed it, and they implanted a game plan that would benefit those gray area's. More importantly, we gave it to our play makers and we damn near executed to perfection today.

It was great for the team to recognize and be on the same page on the quick slants and hot-reads (minus Ben's miscue with Hines before half) and see the pressure kind of step back off of Ben with getting the ground game going.

IMHO, it's all about the ground game and Redman/Dwyer are the perfect players to run behind the line we got. Use Mendenhall in a slot position and get him into the open field while Redman and Dwyer handle short yardage and between the tackle running.

I was considering giving my support to our coaching staff, but truthfully, i'm interested in seeing their decisions before next weeks game. Because if they do what I think there going to do, i''ll regret giving them any credit.

Hopefully the Steelers staff took notice of our young guys play today, and keep those who we're listed as questionable, well, questionable.