PDA

View Full Version : The lights come on for Ben!!!

California-Steel
10-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Very interesting comments in Ben post game conference today.

To me he really slammed BA and his previous play calling. Just listen.
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelers-post-game-press-conference/4878991e-eacf-4256-9f35-6152d94dbe18#?id=4878991e-eacf-4256-9f35-6152d94dbe18

And Ben also realized that he has to take what the D gives him and not try to hit home runs all the time. Good to hear this from him.

Bayz101
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Very interesting comments in Ben post game conference today.

To me he really slammed BA and his previous play calling. Just listen.
http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelers-post-game-press-conference/4878991e-eacf-4256-9f35-6152d94dbe18#?id=4878991e-eacf-4256-9f35-6152d94dbe18

And Ben also realized that he has to take what the D gives him and not try to hit home runs all the time. Good to hear this from him.

Ben pretty much acknowledged that Deep and Mid range passes weren't a part of today's gameplan. Arians is probably trying a bit to hard pick up big yardage, when really, we just need to get the ball past the first down marker.

The Steelers advanced the ball effectively using a mixture of short and long passes. This created long, time consuming drives that ended in scores. When this happens, not only does our defense get rest, they're going to be pumped up.

Steelers executed a good gameplan, that seemed to be pushed forward by none other than Ben Roethlisberger. Lets keep it going!

Buddha Bus
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Great game by the "drama queen" today. Always at his best when he's an injured animal backed into a corner. :tt04:

casteeler
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
How many times have I screamed " throw the F*#%ing ball Ben "...... and he did. The ball was thrown quickly and accurately, I'm gonna sleep good tonight!

Third Rail
10-10-2011, 01:42 AM
I actually think Ben plays BETTER when he's nursing an injury. I can't explain it; I don't understand it... but he seems to focus better or something. Don't get me wrong... I'd much rather he'd be healthy all the time, but I've seen him get hurt one week and then come back and kick ass the next so often, it's freaky.

lardlad
10-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Great game by the "drama queen" today. Always at his best when he's an injured animal backed into a corner. :tt04:

I don't want to see anyone hurt, but bens injury to his foot might have been a blessing. No more heroics, no running around like a nut and waiting for Wallace to get behind everyone 80 yards down the field. Get first downs and the tds will come.

IMO most people are talking about the wrong things. Dwyer, Starks, Hines, Redmen, heyward, hoke. They won this game because they schemed around their banged up OL and qb for once. Also DL found a way to get around the zone blocking.

I wonder if they forgot that their offense can take away the run game for the other team by keeping the ball and scoring.