PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a bit early

Bayz101
10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
But, looking forward, your thoughts on what to expect out of the Steelers against the Jags next week? I honestly think that we need to play with just as much intensity next week as we did this week.

The Jaguars may not be as good as the Titans, but it's small teams that you never want to overlook. I think that an effective running game, led by REDMAN, will be the key in this game. The question is, will the coaching staff keep the young playmakers in? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

GMU Steeler
10-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Well I expect the running game to be what we go with. As for defense, I think what we'll do is attempt to pressure Gabbert in to making mistakes, he's a rookie QB and our D loves showing rookie QB's the reality of the NFL. Maurice Jones-Drew is a very good running back but not the kind our D struggles with and if we can make him a non factor, I think we win the game. I think the offense will continue to click too. Hoping for another win. This was a great win after a frustrating loss.

StainlessStill
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
One word: MJD. Our good fortunes will now be relying to stop the run because LeBeau SIC's that defense when we force a team in becoming one dimensional. We all know about rookie QB's. LeBeau can make their life a living hell and with Del Rio's job on the line, on the road, IN Pittsburgh, he won't put it in the hands of Gabbert.

IMHO, stop Jones-Drew, have a nice balanced set on offense and we could be on our way to another 38 point whoopin.

NEWstevo
10-10-2011, 10:15 AM
SUNDAY'S OPPONENT

vs. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS, 1 P.M.: The Steelers (3-2) take on their fourth consecutive AFC South team when they play Jacksonville (1-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Heinz Field. The Jaguars are 3-0 at Heinz Field, having won four of the past five in Pittsburgh.

SteelHaven
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
There are many good teams in the AFC and it's likely there will likely be some good team(s) that will miss the postseason since the competition is elite. (i.e.The Bills surprised me yesterday cause it was a must game for Philly) I could see us and Buffalo fighting for the last playoff spot.

Im not confident about the Baltimore and NewEngland games (thus it makes the next 3 games including Jacksonville must wins) But I am confident in our schedule after that that we can go on a roll at the end of the year.

We need to start running the ball more if we plan on competing for the 6th seed. We need to prove to the football world we can beat Baltimore in Baltimore in the postseason since we always have homefield against them in the playoffs. I really wanna see it happen this year!

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2011, 10:56 AM
There are many good teams in the AFC and it's likely there will likely be some good team(s) that will miss the postseason since the competition is elite. (i.e.The Bills surprised me yesterday cause it was a must game for Philly) I could see us and Buffalo fighting for the last playoff spot.

Im not confident about the Baltimore and NewEngland games (thus it makes the next 3 games must wins) But I am confident in our schedule after that that we can go on a roll at the end of the year.

We need to start running the ball more if we plan on competing for the 6th seed. We need to prove to the football world we can beat Baltimore in Baltimore in the postseason since we always have homefield against them in the playoffs. I really wanna see it happen this year!

IMO these are the playoff contenders -

AFC East - New England (will win the AFC East)/Bills/Jets (maybe)

AFC North - Baltimore and Steelers

AFC South - Houston (key injuries are starting to increase - Mario Williams reportedly is gone for the year) and Tennessee

AFC West - San Diego and Oakland

Three of those teams are going to be on the outside looking in

IMO it will take 11 wins to get a playoff spot - Steelers probably need to split the New England and Baltimore games and be 5-2 going into those games

SteelHaven
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
IMO these are the playoff contenders -

AFC East - New England (will win the AFC East)/Bills/Jets (maybe)

AFC North - Baltimore and Steelers

AFC South - Houston (key injuries are starting to increase) and Tennessee

AFC West - San Diego and Oakland

Three of those teams are going to be on the outside looking in

IMO it will take 11 wins to get a playoff spot - Steelers probably need to split the New England and Baltimore games and be 5-2 going into those games

I know its early but you have throw Cincinatti in the mix too atleast right now because they are playing good football. I agree on the 11 wins but like the 2009 New England Patriots some 11 win team may not make it in 2011

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I know its early but you have throw Cincinatti in the mix too atleast right now because they are playing good football. I agree on the 11 wins but like the 2009 New England Patriots some 11 win team may not make it in 2011

My assumption is the Bengals get their reality check when they play the Steelers and Ravens, which I chalk up as 4 Bengals losses - if the Steelers lose in Cincy it could create a real problem for the Steelers

Goldsteel86
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
If the Steelers mix the run and pass like they did this week, it won't even be a game. It will be so lopsided it won't even be funny, I think if you look at the Jags record at the Steelers that was with Garrard a QB that was a dual threat. He had the knack of mixing up the attack and was very good at changing the play at the line. Here is my opinion go back to Steeler football, pound the rock like we did this week, use the run to set up the pass, stick to gaining four yards on first down setting up second and manageable eventually dealing with a third and short. I truthfully believe we saw the future of the Steelers running game Redman and Dwyer complimented each other well, and ohhh by the way the Steelers had a 100 yd rusher for what I believe may have been the first time this year, I may be mistaken but one heck of a job by both.:tt04:

Vis
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
I think we will take advantage of the rookie QB. I just hope the offense shows up again. Maybe Ben will tweak that foot injury and play fast again.

fer522
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
if our D shows up again this game shouldn't even be close IMO

tanda10506
10-10-2011, 04:35 PM
It's all up to heart/intensity and the coaches. IF WE START WHO WE SHOULD, and our D and RB's are playing with intensity, it will be a blow out. Playing like we did yesterday, with the correct personnel on the field, few teams if any can beat us. Now if we lose our intensity and/or the coaches start playing the wrong players then anybody can beat us.