PDA

View Full Version : Why is nobody talking about Cameron Heyward?

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Seriously, didn't he get 2 sacks as soon as they put him in during the second half? Ziggy Hood was looking pretty damn good too.

Maybe it is time they start giving some of the younger players a shot?

Also, Starks made a huge difference out there. Ben would be lighting it up this season if he had even a few seconds to work with.

This new Goodell era of football seems to favor passing games, but our defense looked pretty descent today. Still some things to work on, but getting there... They shut down the stretch play a few times.

tony hipchest
10-10-2011, 01:32 AM
im real glad we drafted him instead of OL or CB in the 1st round. he showed today how disruptive he can possibly be.

it would be real nice if he turned out to be a richard seymore type player.

all newbs to the DL did real well today. triple H defense- hood, hoke, heyward, and even keisel (welcome back).

GunnerB
10-10-2011, 02:03 AM
I thought he lit it up when he came in there. He's gonna be good.

Steeldude
10-10-2011, 02:24 AM
i suggested getting rid of hampton before they gave him that ridiculous contract because hoke is good. i see no drop-off when hoke is in. it actually looks better with him in. he was quite active

OX1947
10-10-2011, 03:20 AM
You cant put Cam at NT. You have to put him at DT. He has 8 sack material a year with the ability to open those lanes for the linebackers. Hood on one side, Cam on the other at some point this year and for sure next year. Put Hoke at NT after next year for a couple years until the Steelers can either sign a free agent NT or draft a new Hampton or BJ Raji type.

pete74
10-10-2011, 03:43 AM
You cant put Cam at NT. You have to put him at DT. He has 8 sack material a year with the ability to open those lanes for the linebackers. Hood on one side, Cam on the other at some point this year and for sure next year. Put Hoke at NT after next year for a couple years until the Steelers can either sign a free agent NT or draft a new Hampton or BJ Raji type.

Hoke is 35, he dosnt have a couple years

steeltheone
10-10-2011, 04:14 AM
As long as Tomlin can play Smith and Kiesel ( till they get hurt) the young guys will see the field rarely!

StainlessStill
10-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Seriously, didn't he get 2 sacks as soon as they put him in during the second half? Ziggy Hood was looking pretty damn good too.

Maybe it is time they start giving some of the younger players a shot?

Also, Starks made a huge difference out there. Ben would be lighting it up this season if he had even a few seconds to work with.

This new Goodell era of football seems to favor passing games, but our defense looked pretty descent today. Still some things to work on, but getting there... They shut down the stretch play a few times.

Good post. I agree 100%. I kept watching certain people like Ziggy and Woodley/Timmons to see if we were getting good pass-rush and penetration but as soon as Heyward came in, my brother went NUTS. "HEYWARD! All over the field!" "HEYWARD!" "Dude, you GOT TO watch Heyward, he's throwing guys around like puppets"

So I did and the dude just maimed people one after another. Colbert knows his d-lineman when he sees them! I mean, come on. Iron-head? Dude is destined!:tt04:

Buddha Bus
10-10-2011, 06:50 AM
...triple H defense- hood, hoke, heyward...

Maybe it's time to replace Styx? :chuckle:

VQzsK4FAnx0

DanRooney
10-10-2011, 07:05 AM
"Cameron Heyward is a beast" -me (draft day-present) :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
10-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Maybe it's time to replace Styx? :chuckle:

VQzsK4FAnx0

"TIME TO PLAY THE GAAaaaaaaMMMMeeee!"

Haha, but nah. Renegade is our rally cry. I had a buddy of mine who I went to school with who's a Titans fan at the game yesterday. He said Heinz Field was going absolutely wild all game and got even more intense with Renegade.

You could tell when too. They came back from a commercial break and the crowd was just frenzied. Deerdorf (sp) actually laughed and said "What a scene!" so I said "Must of played Renegade!"

Buddha Bus
10-10-2011, 07:11 AM
"Cameron Heyward is a beast" -me (draft day-present) :thumbsup:

http://hulkhatetimetravel.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/horowitz.jpg

Man, I love my pro wrestling references. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
10-10-2011, 07:14 AM
"TIME TO PLAY THE GAAaaaaaaMMMMeeee!"

Haha, but nah. Renegade is our rally cry. I had a buddy of mine who I went to school with who's a Titans fan at the game yesterday. He said Heinz Field was going absolutely wild all game and got even more intense with Renegade.

You could tell when too. They came back from a commercial break and the crowd was just frenzied. Deerdorf (sp) actually laughed and said "What a scene!" so I said "Must of played Renegade!"

I know, but wouldn't it be awesome to hear "The Game" blast across the PA when the Steelers defense gets introduced? They can mix it in somewhere. :thumbsup:

Wallabeast17
10-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Cam will be a star in a few years(because unfrtuantely we wont see him often)

jjpro11
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Keisel can still get it done... Smith is the glaring liability on the line. the injuries and age have caught up with him. that said, there's no reason why we can't rotate DEs continually in and out so that they are always fresh. i'd rather have a fresh DE out there than a tired, yet slightly more skilled DE.

GMU Steeler
10-10-2011, 11:25 AM
The great thing about Cam aside from his talent is that the kid loves playing for the Steelers. We weren't just some team that drafted him but he genuinely loves playing for us and you can tell he wants to make his own legacy here. I agree, he looked great. He's also yet another example of why BPA works. Man if him and Ziggy work out, we're going to have a sick tandem of DE's. I think we really got a steal in this guy. Most mocks I saw him going in the high teens/low twenties.

Steelerfreak58
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Kid played really well. Great draft pick IMHO.

Fire Arians
10-10-2011, 04:42 PM
i talked about him

LVSteelersfan
10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Keisel still looks great if he can stay healthy but I wish they would switch them out every other series or something and let Heyward get some serious time in. Although I championed Smith all last season I am disappointed to say it is time to stick a fork in him and use him as a backup the rest of this season. But Tomlin and Lebeau will play him until the wheels fall off. Which has happened quite often in recent history.