PDA

View Full Version : Insert Ziggy Hood at LDE

jtbsteeler
10-10-2011, 04:44 AM
And notice the difference. Hood and Woodley work well together on the left side. Tomlin is too much like BIll Cowher with this veteran favoritism. Aaron Smith is bench fodder right now. Screw his feelings. Same goes for Casey "fat" Hampton. When teams stretch the D out for cut backs, this is done to negate Casey. He can't get to his spot.

The only person I want back in there is James Harrison. Hopefuly he'll be back for the B'more game. I want him to make Flacco cough up blood.

BlockMonsta
10-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Casey "fat" Hampton ahhahahahahahah..soo funny you come with dat ish on ya own?.....Not but Ziggy looked good, as did
Heyward.

BengalDestroyer
10-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Heyward and Hood did look good. Smith should become a back up... I hate to admit that but the time has come. Big Snack should def. be rotated out more often with McClendon and Hoke. All three have a different styles and they should be utilized properly...

Also my hat goes off to Foote and Farrior in the middle and Timmons holding down the right side.

Steel Boss
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Smith should have been cut before the season. The writing was all over the wall on him. Nobody should feel bad. Business is business. He'll have a soft landing in his huge pile of money that he's made over the years.

stiller39
10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the great career Aaron Smith but you are a very expensive back up now... Play Hood, cut smith for the team.

fer522
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the great career Aaron Smith but you are a very expensive back up now... Play Hood, cut smith for the team.

thats not gonna happen
he'll be the starter when healthy :doh:

tanda10506
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Hopefully we do start Hood, the coaches have now seen the difference in a game not just practice, enough with the BS, play the players that are rising to the occasion. Keisel was a beast yesterday, really surprised me, I watched him very closely and he was in on almost every run stop and got pressure a few times. Not to mention the tipped pass. Hoke played very good to. Not sure if we should bench snack for him or not, but it kind of looks that way. Great defensive play, and that's without Harrison.

Whodis
10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I think we're jumping the gun a little too early on Smith.

Last year, early in the season, before Keisel got hurt they rotated the front three. The pressure was awsome up front and in interviews they claimed "fresh legs" were the key. It's no secret they don't start rookies and the defense is complicated. I say mix them in and be around these great DE's we have.

DanRooney
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Hoke played well but he's a backup guys. He's too old to take Casey's job. Hampton hasn't been the problem anyway. It was everyone on the left side of the line, where most of the long runs have been given up for the year. A lot of that had to do with Smith getting blown off the line and Woodley underperforming.

ricardisimo
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Smith might be done, or not. He could still be recovering. In either case, given the reps Hood gets, he's been a starter in all but name since last season, regardless of Smith's health. The issue really is whether Heyward is ready to rotate in and out more regularly. So far so good, it seems.

Rotorhead
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Were most of you even fans last season? Hood played almost all last season, and played well. The coaching staff knew this. However, prior to his last injury, Smith was by far the top DT in the game. I agree it is time for the new blood to be out there, but had to at least try and see if the old Smith would be back. Smith prior to his last injury is better than Hood now. And, cutting him now would be stupid and pointless, at the least he is a top backup and will be needed on the stretch run for rotational use to keep the DL fresh or at worst to fill in in case of injury. Dam ppl, get a clue and realize having depth is a good thing, especially when making a playoff run. Oh wait, this is the "sky is falling" group huh . . .

btaylor179
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
smith needs to sit so does farrior, hampton,and foote......all showing there age...in football terms they are old!

steelers33
10-10-2011, 10:32 PM
We should have at least 2 players that play at each D-Line position.
Keisel, Heyward

Hampton, Hoke, McLendon

Hood, Smith

DanRooney
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Were most of you even fans last season? Hood played almost all last season, and played well. The coaching staff knew this. However, prior to his last injury, Smith was by far the top DT in the game. I agree it is time for the new blood to be out there, but had to at least try and see if the old Smith would be back. Smith prior to his last injury is better than Hood now. And, cutting him now would be stupid and pointless, at the least he is a top backup and will be needed on the stretch run for rotational use to keep the DL fresh or at worst to fill in in case of injury. Dam ppl, get a clue and realize having depth is a good thing, especially when making a playoff run. Oh wait, this is the "sky is falling" group huh . . .

Yep. No need to cut Smith but play him at backup. Cutting him wouldn't help the team at all unless it meant more reps for my boy Heyward :wink02:

jtbsteeler
10-12-2011, 06:13 AM
thats not gonna happen
he'll be the starter when healthy :doh:

No he won't. He's out for the Jax game. At Houston was his last start with the Steelers unless someone gets injured. You Have Ziggy playing with a chip on his shoulder and looking over his shoulder.

If we smoke the jags and shut down MJD there's no way in hell Tomlin can justify putting Hood back on the bench.

gameface75
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
No he won't. He's out for the Jax game. At Houston was his last start with the Steelers unless someone gets injured. You Have Ziggy playing with a chip on his shoulder and looking over his shoulder.

If we smoke the jags and shut down MJD there's no way in hell Tomlin can justify putting Hood back on the bench.

The only time Ziggy Should be on the bench is if we have the ball on offense,or for a quick breather!