PDA

View Full Version : Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

NEWstevo
10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Brown/Sanders: Where Are They Now?

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie seasonís last year. Then with this yearís training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

Nope. Wallace is by far the star receiver and veteran Ward still has at least a half-tank of gas left.

There are a million reasons they havenít made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I canít wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).

cloppbeast
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie season’s last year. Then with this year’s training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

Nope. Wallace is by far the star receiver and veteran Ward still has at least a half-tank of gas left.

There are a million reasons they haven’t made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I can’t wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).

Sanders wasn't a factor on offense. The one ball I saw thrown his was was a terribly thrown ball like 5 feet behind him .....he got yelled at for "dropping" it. :doh: Give him credit for catching the oneside kick and holding on after taking a lick.

Brown runs the wrong pattern sometimes, but overall I think you're completely wrong about him. He's doing great for a late round pick in his second season. He's a spark for this offense. By the end of the season, I predict he'll be a reliable target for Ben. Hopefully he'll have picked up the offense pretty well by that point.

ebsteelers
10-10-2011, 09:38 AM
the boyz are doing what they have to to win

tony hipchest
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
brown is awesome for a 2nd round guy. just about catches everything.

on sanders lone target (which was a perfectly thrown ball) he slipped and fell, and still nearly caught the ball. he needs to keep his feet. i think he is feeling the heat and pressure from brown. its no longer a friendly competition for a hat like it was last year. now their playing for money.

with all that being said, it is neccessary that miller and hines are a focal point of the offense, along with wallace. these youngsters still need to remain 3-4-5th options.

brown is the best returner we had in years. i thought thered be a drop off letting logan go but i was wrong.

jjpro11
10-10-2011, 10:43 AM

on sanders lone target (which was a perfectly thrown ball) he slipped and fell, and still nearly caught the ball. he needs to keep his feet. i think he is feeling the heat and pressure from brown. its no longer a friendly competition for a hat like it was last year. now their playing for money.

with all that being said, it is neccessary that miller and hines are a focal point of the offense, along with wallace. these youngsters still need to remain 3-4-5th options.

brown is the best returner we had in years. i thought thered be a drop off letting logan go but i was wrong.

Brown was actually a 6th round pick, making him an absolute steal.

as to the OP, i don't know what games you're watching.. Brown has been a factor in about every game this season. he has caught damn near everything thrown near his way and has been huge on kicking and punt returns. the Steelers are 4th in KR yds and 7th in PR yds. i don't know if we've ever been that good in both categories combined.

finesward
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Anyone else notice the tits wouldn't even punt it to brown late in the game? That's showing a lot of respect to how well his return game has become

GMU Steeler
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone else notice the tits wouldn't even punt it to brown late in the game? That's showing a lot of respect to how well his return game has become

Yes, I did and even with the new kickoffs at the 35 instead of the 30 he still makes nice returns. I am not worried about him and Sanders. They'll learn and come on to their own. We've been spoiled with how special Wallace is.

Steelerfreak58
10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
They both are great Draft picks and have helped the team. Brown caught some key passes yesterday.

Goldsteel86
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders had wonderful rookie seasonís last year. Then with this yearís training camp & pre-season, it looked like these two guys would make an even bigger impact this season.

There are a million reasons they havenít made the big plays yet and their time will come, and I canít wait until Big Ben and his receivers get to that point. (To be fair- Brown is at least as productive as some Jet named Holmes, both tied for 28th in the AFC).

Actually both contirbute to this offense, look at week 1, Sanders was the only one who caught a touchdown pass. Brown is a duel threat, with the return game and as a possession receiver. I believe it is fair to say that until Hines retires neither one will be truly showcased, they both contribute in their own way each week. Has anyone noticed that our WR's are starting to become some of the best blocking WR's in the league. I have said it once and will say it again Mike Wallace is no longer a "One Trick Pony", he is running better out routes, coming across the middle and remains one of the most formidable deep threats in the NFL. Give Sanders and Brown a chance, time will tell they will get theirs, but not with Hines contributing!!!

ebsteelers
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
brown and sanders suck, ward sucks, wallace sucks, miller stinks,

we should of signed PLAX to a 10 year 500 million dollar deal.

SunshineMan21
10-10-2011, 02:44 PM

:confused:

Brown has been an absolute beast so far this season, and while Sanders hasn't gotten many targets you have to consider the dude is the #4 receiver.

Goldsteel86
10-10-2011, 03:17 PM
:confused:

Brown has been an absolute beast so far this season, and while Sanders hasn't gotten many targets you have to consider the dude is the #4 receiver.

Exactly, maybe this should be a Mendenhall thread?????:coffee:

tanda10506
10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Brown has been playing great, and as mentioned him and Sanders are 3-4 WR's so your not going to see them making catches all game. Sanders even a bit less. Also, this is the first game we've had where Ben was able to pass without getting hit or having to throw it the second it hits his hand. If the coaches don't make mistakes, this passing game will continue to get better and better. Got to give it to Miller and Ward though, might not be burning guys all the time, but when you need a big catch they are open. This was a different style of passing too, a lot of quick releases, especially when we went 5 wide, which I think made a huge difference. Arians actually does get some credit for the play calling this game, not bad, although somebody probably told him to change it up.

Goldsteel86
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Brown has been playing great, and as mentioned him and Sanders are 3-4 WR's so your not going to see them making catches all game. Sanders even a bit less. Also, this is the first game we've had where Ben was able to pass without getting hit or having to throw it the second it hits his hand. If the coaches don't make mistakes, this passing game will continue to get better and better. Got to give it to Miller and Ward though, might not be burning guys all the time, but when you need a big catch they are open. This was a different style of passing too, a lot of quick releases, especially when we went 5 wide, which I think made a huge difference. Arians actually does get some credit for the play calling this game, not bad, although somebody probably told him to change it up.

I don't give Arians credit, I give it to Ben and the offense for executing. Arians may have called the play but I am sure Ben checked on many occasions to a different play. We are lucky truthfully, we have a smart, tough QB. Being honest, if this OL blocks for him the rest of the year like the way they blocked for him yesterday, watch out, there will be trouble for the AFC North!!!!:tt02::tt03:

DanRooney
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM

6th round guy.

Whodis
10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I think these guys have been doing pretty well. I don't understand how we can critcize them. Other then..... Stop the damn dancing after a first down!!!!

Third Rail
10-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Brown has been pretty solid in the past few weeks. Sanders I just don't think has been targeted as much, however, that could be because he hasn't been able to get separation (I'm just guessing on that one, I don't know). I think they'll emerge more now that the offense seems to be clicking, finally. Remember, Ben was getting crushed in 3 out of the 4 games we played before this week, so the receivers' production all suffered except for Wallace.

What happened to Cotchery though? Is he even playing?

DanRooney
10-11-2011, 04:56 AM
What happened to Cotchery though? Is he even playing?

I doubt you'll ever see him unless someone gets injured.

steelcity1974
10-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Brown is having a solid year for a thrid WR, and will only get better. Sanders is starting off slow, but don't forget he was injured most of pre-season. He has a ton of speed and a ton of talent. He too will only improve. By the time Ward retires, I'd expect to see Wallace, Brown, and Sanders as our core wide-outs and one of the most feard in the NFL. Just consider that speed. It took Wallace a little while to be more than just a speed guy, and same will be the case with Brown and Sanders. I see only up side at that position.

kirklandrules
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I like Brown and Sanders and think they are doing a decent job in their development. However, I have noticed that just about every game this year Ben is chewing Brown out after failed 3rd down conversions when it appears that he wasn't where he was supposed to be. This happened several times in the first half of the Houston game (and Brown, to his credit, produced in the 2nd half ... but the game is 60 mins, not 30). So a little less time showboating and a little more studying the playbook for Mr. Brown might help his cause.

Third Rail
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Ben seems to be a bit more fired up this year than he was in years past, or at least he was this week. That might be a good thing, really. I know people give Brady and Manning a lot of shit for their arrogance, but it produces results from their O-Line and receivers. Glad to see Ben getting a bit more intense and not taking the "aw, shucks" approach when they blow it on 3rd down. Also, on that note, glad to see that they DIDN'T blow it on 3rd down very often.

BlockMonsta
10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I agree on the point of Brown, he reminds me of Holmes and letting everyone know he got a first down. It's cool and all but every time?