PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester

PhantomJB93
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I was traveling and didn't get to see much of the game, did Stevenson Sylvester play any in relief of Farrior/Foote or did they play the whole game? I'm assuming he didn't take the world by storm or anything cause I haven't read anything about him but did he mess up bad or anything or was he just quiet?

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I was traveling and didn't get to see much of the game, did Stevenson Sylvester play any in relief of Farrior/Foote or did they play the whole game? I'm assuming he didn't take the world by storm or anything cause I haven't read anything about him but did he mess up bad or anything or was he just quiet?

He had a holding penalty on a Steelers punt return and 2 tackles

Back-ups got some reps in garbage time (although Tomlin decided to keep Ben in the entire game and some of the Titans were quoted as being less than pleased by the deep bomb to Wallace late up 31-17)

Maybe Sylvester gets some time next week, although if Worlds returns that leaves less reps for a second string ILB

10-11-2011, 01:41 AM
He also missed to cover their onside kick, which eventually they recovered.

Sylvester will be fine, he'll get some playing time the next couple of games if Worilds & Harrison are still out. He'll eventually be playing a little bit more & developing into a reliable backup as the season goes by and our vets need some rest. This may be his chance to prove he's worth the roster spot.

Also saw Christopher Carter on the field. No tackles or passes defended.

cloppbeast
10-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Back-ups got some reps in garbage time (although Tomlin decided to keep Ben in the entire game and some of the Titans were quoted as being less than pleased by the deep bomb to Wallace late up 31-17)

Maybe they should have thought of that 3 years ago when they stomped on the towell.

Rick5895
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
He had a holding penalty on a Steelers punt return and 2 tackles

Maybe Sylvester gets some time next week, although if Worlds returns that leaves less reps for a second string ILB

I thought it was great that They went deep and put the game out of reach with the TD to Wallace, shows me something going forward, maybe they won't sit on a damn lead.
As for Sly, I didn't see him much on the field, which makes me wonder, for all his speed and ability, is he really getting this D ?

Bayz101
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Sly will be fine, he just needs some experience under his belt. As for the bomb to Wallace. Really? Until the day comes that Hines wipes his ass on a Titans jersey, I could care less about their feelings.

wera176
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Sly will be fine, he just needs some experience under his belt. As for the bomb to Wallace. Really? Until the day comes that Hines wipes his ass on a Titans jersey, I could care less about their feelings.

Word...

Maybe they should have tried to stop it? Oh wait, they couldn't... My bad, sorry they couldn't do their job...

:hatsoff:

kirklandrules
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
The bomb near the end of the game was nothing personal ... the Steelers just needed the Points For stat when it's playoff time :chuckle:

NoFieldFive
10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
it was a 2 touchdown game at that point. no way near over in today's NFL. if the game was over at that ppint why did the Titans go for an on sides kick?

pete74
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
He gets taken out of plays way to easily. He is way to east to block. He seems to always be in the right place at the right time but he gets taken out if the play way to easily

stb_steeler
10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe they should have thought of that 3 years ago when they stomped on the towell.

Good point there clopp...........Doesnt the Patriots always run up the scoreboard?

LVSteelersfan
10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Screw them and the bus they rode in on. I wish we would have scored 5 more TDs on their sorry, towel stomping a $ $ es. We need to run up the score the way the team played the first four games because no lead is safe.

tony hipchest
10-12-2011, 12:52 AM
sly only played special teams, whereas the rookie who has been a staptle on the injury report (c. carter) logged in 15 reps at ROLB.

teh only players to play all 70 defensive snaps were ryan clark, troy polamalu, and tired, old man farrior.

so much for second year phenom sly sending farrior and foote (25 snaps) riding off into the sunset. :toofunny:

FWIW ryan mundy played 49 snaps (a majority) in dime, in favor of 2 ILB's. i guess experience does count in "the system".

jcsites
10-12-2011, 01:43 AM
This is great. I'm starting to like football. Thanks for your posts here. I'm being informed...:tt: