PDA

View Full Version : Titans victory is bigger than just a W

Rotorhead
10-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Just thinking, the ratbirds lost to the Titans. Looks like all we need to do is take care of our business and the Ratbirds meltdowns will continue to hamper their hope of dominating the division :applaudit:

Bayz101
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Just thinking, the ratbirds lost to the Titans. Looks like all we need to do is take care of our business and the Ratbirds meltdowns will continue to hamper their hope of dominating the division :applaudit:

I was thinking the same thing, actually. It'll be interesting to see what we can do with the Jaguars. They aren't nearly as talented as the Titans, and we smoked the Titans. If we don't beat these guys pretty bad, we didn't handle our business during the week.

Either that or Tomlin and Arians agreed on starting Mendenhall at Half Back :mad:

tanda10506
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
It's no doubt that Smith and Mendy were holding us back, as was Arians usual playbook. We played Steelers football and dominated without those two and with logical play calling. It was more then a win because everybody was stepping up and the team looked like lasy years SB team just with better offense. It's in the coaches hands from what I see, cause when the correct players are on the field and the correct plays are being called we play well.

dustyblades
10-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Also, our QB had a great game instead of getting batted around all day. I think the rest of the league has to fear a completely confident Roethlisberger, who has not been present and accounted for in some time.

Steel_Bus_24
10-11-2011, 07:45 PM
OverReaction Much???

Im not getting thrilled about this Titans W until we follow up on it.

This Dr.Jekyll/Mr. Hyde BS has to stop if the Steelers want to compete this year

Improvement from week to week is what Im looking for.....We need to show some growth in these next two games....MJD will be another test for our questionable Run D....and then we have to avoid one of those let down games against the Cards that the Steelers are known for.

If we make steady improvements through those two games and put up a decent fight against NE.....don't have to win but No Regression!!!....then I'll feel a little better about this teams ability to compete

Fire Arians
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM
OverReaction Much???

Im not getting thrilled about this Titans W until we follow up on it.

This Dr.Jekyll/Mr. Hyde BS has to stop if the Steelers want to compete this year

Improvement from week to week is what Im looking for.....We need to show some growth in these next two games....MJD will be another test for our questionable Run D....and then we have to avoid one of those let down games against the Cards that the Steelers are known for.

If we make steady improvements through those two games and put up a decent fight against NE.....don't have to win but No Regression!!!....then I'll feel a little better about this teams ability to compete

seems like so far the team plays well in front of the home crowd but is terrible in away games. if they can remedy that, then this season should be another playoff year

ricardisimo
10-11-2011, 09:32 PM
seems like so far the team plays well in front of the home crowd but is terrible in away games. if they can remedy that, then this season should be another playoff year
Well, so far we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat, which means we should be no worse than 12-4 or 13-3 by season's end.

LVSteelersfan
10-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I think one other person holding us back was Scott. He seemed to be a little better on the right side but I think that is because the tight ends and RBs helped on that side. Starks was a life saver. Essex can go climb back under the stump they dug him out from.

bornaSteelersfan
10-12-2011, 04:00 AM
The big difference on offense (and Big Ben said it himself) is they stopped going for the big play every down and went back to the small ball. Short passes to Hines and Heath put them over the top. Great game and excellent help from the young guys. Truly loved the punt fake.

ebsteelers
10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
gotta put 2 solid games together in a row..

gotta get to 5-2 before new england

rich4eagle
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
gotta put 2 solid games together in a row..

gotta get to 5-2 before new england

well said:tt04:

dustyblades
10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
All of you folks are correct about holding back the kudos until some consistency shows up. That being said, I was still pretty happy to see 5 TDs instead of 5 INTs for once.

mikegrimey
10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
It was a big win in my view, in that a loss would have sent our playoff chances into an early season tail-spin, losing at home to a good (but not great) team was something we just couldn't do if we wanted to compete this year.

Although I fail to see how beating the Titans at home, whom the Ravens lost to on the road, contributes to their "breakdown" being that was their only loss of the season thus far. I guess we can hope ...

Rotorhead
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Well the Titans beat the Ravens, we beat the Titans. Houston beat us, Ravens will most likely beat Houston. It comes up in tie-breaker scenerios, if we lost to both the Titans and Texans (and Ravens beat Houston), then the Ravens would have the edge in similar games. Us beating the Titans evens the loss from the Texans. Of course all this is moot if we dont take care of ourselves and beat the Ravens. This is also only relevant if we split game with the Ravens and we both end with the same records. I can see the Ravens possibly losing to the Chargers as well. I am just bringing up a different subject to talk about really, was bored and was looking at the schedules. The only other game that should give us trouble (aside from the Ravens and we play up to our potential) would be NE. It is a good possibility for both the Steelers and the Ratbirds to end up with the same record, splitting our games and we would be looking at tie-breakers for the division win and most likely first round bye.