PDA

View Full Version : Why the hate for Mendy???

shaner82
10-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I hear a lot of Steelers fans don't like Mendy and I don't understand why. Mendy is the most talented RB we've had in a very long time, in my opinion.

We have had a terrible offensive line for years now, and we have an offensive coordinator who has no idea how to use a talented back like Mendy. Plus we have a QB who absolutely refuses to check down to the RB. He absolutely insists on throwing deep on every single play.

Put Mendy on a team like the Bears, Lions, Saints, or any other team that utilizes the RB in the passing game, and Mendy would be a top 3 RB every year. Mendy has some of the best quickness and elusiveness out of any back in the league, yet we don't utilize those skills at all. Instead, we tell him to pound it up the gut over and over, despite us having a line that can't block.

I hope Mendy does leave once his contract is up. Although I don't like all that crap he writes on twitter, he's one of the most talented backs in the league, and that talent is being wasted under one of the worst OC's of all time, and a selfish QB who isn't being reigned in. I want fans of this team to realize what we had, so that the blame can be put where it belongs, on Bruce, Ben and Tomlin.

Yes, I know I'm new here and I'm going to get blasted for referring to big Ben as selfish, but he is. His off field antics prove it (not the sexual assault allegations, but all the stuff about treating members of the public like garbage, being a bad teammate, etc.) and so does his play on the field by insisting on throwing deep all the time just to pad his own stats.

Anyway, that's all. I hope one of these days we can actually use Mendy's quickness and elusiveness, because we've barely seen what he can do.

tony hipchest
10-10-2011, 11:09 PM
any player who doesnt kick ass for ATLEAST 2 years straight is automatically hated by the majority of steelerfans.

every steelers is expected to play to the standard set from' 74-'79.

MasterOfPuppets
10-10-2011, 11:09 PM
its just the nature of the beast. look at how the titan fans have turned on chris johnson...

Chris Johnson SUCKS!
WOW, now we have his huge contract too, I'd rather get the same production from Ringer and Harper, at least we wouldn't be overpaying. It's not the OLine, CJ just sucks.

He's not worth the effort of making a new topic for, the kid is a flat out joke, a smaller version of Albert Haynesworth if I ever saw one.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=75614

MACH1
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Whiners gotta have something to whine about.

tanda10506
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Because he doesn't fit our team. I agree he is very talented and there are times that he makes big plays for us. Unfortunately, with our O line and play calling, he won't help us. When the play is there he definetly can make it and turn it into a big one, but he dances around in the backfield losing yards consistently if there's not a big hole. Redman and Dwyer showed how to run with this O line. Your right, I doubt he will be around next year, and it's probably better for him.

and so does his play on the field by insisting on throwing deep all the time just to pad his own stats.

:screwy::screwy: Hopefully you just don't understand what your saying.

ETL
10-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Shaner82? Gotta be one of Mendy's homeboys trying to drum up public support.

SteelCurtain0815
10-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Mendy is playing scared. Anyone who has ever played football can easily tell Mendy is afraid to get hit. He doesn't hit the hole with any force. He dances and gets nowhere. Against the Texans, when Mendy went out, Redmon and Moore were sprinting through the holes picking up 5 yards per carry. Even though Redmon averaged 3 yards per carry against the Titans, he was consistently landing forward because he was running hard through the holes. With all that being said, there's no doubt Mendy is our most talented back, and him sitting and watching Redmon, Moore, and even Dwyer run hard will encourage him to do the same and we will see a different running back once he returns.

shaner82
10-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Because he doesn't fit our team. I agree he is very talented and there are times that he makes big plays for us. Unfortunately, with our O line and play calling, he won't help us. When the play is there he definetly can make it and turn it into a big one, but he dances around in the backfield losing yards consistently if there's not a big hole. Redman and Dwyer showed how to run with this O line. Your right, I doubt he will be around next year, and it's probably better for him.

So we have one of the most talented RB's in the league, and rather than utilize him properly, we'll just commit to getting rid of him because we don't want to change our terrible play calling? I just don't understand that way of thinking. When the Bears got Forte, they changed their style of play to suit his skills, because they realized he can do a lot of damage in the passing game, but he's not great at rushing up the gut.

The NFL has changed. Teams are throwing to RB's more than ever, yet our RB's get virtually no receiving yards, and rather than adjust our personnel and playcalling, we'll just get rid of one of our most talented offensive players. Makes no sense to me.

shaner82
10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Shaner82? Gotta be one of Mendy's homeboys trying to drum up public support.

I wish, maybe then I wouldn't have to buy Steelers jerseys, I could get them for free.

shaner82
10-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Mendy is playing scared. Anyone who has ever played football can easily tell Mendy is afraid to get hit. He doesn't hit the hole with any force. He dances and gets nowhere. Against the Texans, when Mendy went out, Redmon and Moore were sprinting through the holes picking up 5 yards per carry. Even though Redmon averaged 3 yards per carry against the Titans, he was consistently landing forward because he was running hard through the holes. With all that being said, there's no doubt Mendy is our most talented back, and him sitting and watching Redmon, Moore, and even Dwyer run hard will encourage him to do the same and we will see a different running back once he returns.

He might be. I think a lot of it is because he's not a true power back that will hit the hole as hard as possible. That's never been his style. And in the Texans game, Bruce Ariens finally used a fullback in the second half, that's why we had so much success in our rushing attack.

Read the last paragraph in this article

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759887.html

SH-Rock
10-10-2011, 11:52 PM
He just hasn't been playing up to the level we expect and know that he can.

shaner82
10-10-2011, 11:54 PM
He just hasn't been playing up to the level we expect and know that he can.

No disagreement there

DanRooney
10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Why the hate for Bruce Arians? Why the hate for Jonathan Scott?

C'mon man. Quit being ignorant. Because we all know Mendenhall is better than what he's been playing like this year. A lot of the fault can go to the OL but we've seen our other runningbacks have more success because for some reason Mendenhall keeps looking for that big play. His tiptoe is eerily reminiscent of Willie Parker post 2006.

DanRooney
10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh and Chris Johnson is NOT the same this year. I'm not sure if it's his injury or what.. He was not hitting any holes. He was doing that same tiptoe bullshit then coming to a complete stop when contact was met. I was like wow.

Wallace108
10-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Why the hate for Bruce Arians? Why the hate for Jonathan Scott?

C'mon man. Quit being ignorant. Because we all know Mendenhall is better than what he's been playing like this year. A lot of the fault can go to the OL but we've seen our other runningbacks have more success because for some reason Mendenhall keeps looking for that big play. His tiptoe is eerily reminiscent of Willie Parker pot 2006.

Amen! Redman and Dwyer ran behind the same O-Line as Mendy. The only difference was Starks, and Starks isn't THAT great.

Third Rail
10-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Blaming the QB because the RB isn't productive is ridiculous. Yeah, I wish our QB was like Joe Flacco and can't complete a pass unless the receiver is five feet away from him. While it's true that checkdown passes are a big part of the RB's game, their primary role is to run the ball out of the backfield. Mendy hasn't been doing that very well. If he was, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. You can blame that on the O-Line and coaching, but you can't blame THAT on Ben. And when you have receivers as talented as Wallace, Ward and Miller, with younger guys like Brown and Sanders coming along, unless you SUCK at quarterback, you're not going to be constantly checking the ball down.

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2011, 03:46 AM
really ? lets take a look....

(8:09) 33-I.Redman right guard to TEN 49 for 1 yard
(5:17) 33-I.Redman up the middle to TEN 25 for 2 yards
3:50) 33-I.Redman up the middle to TEN 8 for no gain
(:44) 33-I.Redman right guard to PIT 35 for 5 yards
(15:00) 33-I.Redman right guard to PIT 45 for 10 yards
(8:54) 33-I.Redman right tackle to TEN 12 for 2 yards (31-C.Finnegan). PENALTY on TEN
(8:28) 33-I.Redman right guard to TEN 6 for 3 yards
(7:41) 33-I.Redman up the middle to TEN 1 for 5 yards
(6:55) 33-I.Redman right guard to TEN 1 for no gain
(3:22) 33-I.Redman right tackle to PIT 12 for no gain
(14:51) 33-I.Redman up the middle to PIT 23 for no gain. PENALTY on TEN
(14:23) 33-I.Redman right tackle to PIT 26 for -2 yards (55-B.Ruud). PENALTY on TEN
(9:43) 33-I.Redman up the middle to TEN 43 for 12 yards
(7:41) 33-I.Redman right guard to TEN 16 for 6 yards
(6:58) 33-I.Redman right tackle to TEN 11 for 5 yards
(6:16) 33-I.Redman right guard to TEN 11 for no gain

6 carries for 5+ , 6 carries for 0 - ....

OX1947
10-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Mendy has been off mentally. Tomlin had some issues with him a couple years ago when he sat him to get his attention. He did well from then and through the next year, but this year, he seems to have reverted back. I do not know if it has anything to do with his bin laden rant.

DanRooney
10-11-2011, 05:17 AM

(8:54) 33-I.Redman right tackle to TEN 12 for 2 yards (31-C.Finnegan). PENALTY on TEN
(14:23) 33-I.Redman right tackle to PIT 26 for -2 yards (55-B.Ruud). PENALTY on TEN

Against the Colts:
(13:37) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to IND 30 for 2 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 51-P.Angerer).
(9:56) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 38 for 2 yards (68-E.Foster; 51-P.Angerer).
(9:22) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 36 for -2 yards (93-D.Freeney).
(8:03) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall left end to IND 46 for -3 yards (53-K.Conner).
(4:22) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to PIT 19 for 5 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 51-P.Angerer).
(1:09) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 22 for no gain (51-P.Angerer).
(15:00) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to PIT 37 for 3 yards (41-A.Bethea).
(12:57) (Run formation) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 34-R.Mendenhall to IND 47 for -1 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 30-D.Caldwell).
(6:14) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 24 for 4 yards (53-K.Conner; 51-P.Angerer).
(5:07) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to PIT 41 for -1 yards (51-P.Angerer). PENALTY on PIT-72-J.Scott, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 42 - No Play.
(2:43) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to IND 42 for no gain (99-A.Johnson).
(11:33) 34-R.Mendenhall right guard to PIT 16 for 2 yards (25-J.Powers).
(10:35) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 40 for 15 yards (25-J.Powers; 41-A.Bethea). IND-51-P.Angerer was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
(10:01) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right guard to PIT 42 for 2 yards (94-D.Nevis).
(9:28) (Shotgun) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 49 for 7 yards (68-E.Foster).
(6:42) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to IND 25 for -1 yards (27-J.Lacey; 53-K.Conner).
(:40) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to IND 39 for -1 yards (99-A.Johnson; 53-K.Conner).
(13:08) 34-R.Mendenhall right guard to IND 27 for 1 yard (51-P.Angerer).
(10:41) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall left end pushed ob at IND 31 for 2 yards (51-P.Angerer).
(6:58) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to PIT 37 for -1 yards (53-K.Conner; 93-D.Freeney).

9 plays for losses or no gain (mostly losses). 16 plays in total for 2 yards or less.

Anyone watching the game knows Redman played a stellar game. He was getting tough yardage and moving the pile. Mendenhall, on the other hand, has been very indecisive in where he wants to go with the football. Nobody is saying fire him. Chill out. But Redman needs to carry the ball more.

micraydim
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
there is much he still need to do IMO

cloppbeast
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I hear a lot of Steelers fans don't like Mendy and I don't understand why. Mendy is the most talented RB we've had in a very long time, in my opinion.

We have had a terrible offensive line for years now, and we have an offensive coordinator who has no idea how to use a talented back like Mendy. Plus we have a QB who absolutely refuses to check down to the RB. He absolutely insists on throwing deep on every single play.

Put Mendy on a team like the Bears, Lions, Saints, or any other team that utilizes the RB in the passing game, and Mendy would be a top 3 RB every year. Mendy has some of the best quickness and elusiveness out of any back in the league, yet we don't utilize those skills at all. Instead, we tell him to pound it up the gut over and over, despite us having a line that can't block.

I hope Mendy does leave once his contract is up. Although I don't like all that crap he writes on twitter, he's one of the most talented backs in the league, and that talent is being wasted under one of the worst OC's of all time, and a selfish QB who isn't being reigned in. I want fans of this team to realize what we had, so that the blame can be put where it belongs, on Bruce, Ben and Tomlin.

Yes, I know I'm new here and I'm going to get blasted for referring to big Ben as selfish, but he is. His off field antics prove it (not the sexual assault allegations, but all the stuff about treating members of the public like garbage, being a bad teammate, etc.) and so does his play on the field by insisting on throwing deep all the time just to pad his own stats.

Anyway, that's all. I hope one of these days we can actually use Mendy's quickness and elusiveness, because we've barely seen what he can do.

I don't think he sucks, I think he gets used poorly in this offense. He reminds me of a bigger verson of Reggie Bush. He's frankly not an inside runner without a great offensive line. He's more of an elusive open-field running back.

I agree with you. Mendy would have a lot more success on a team like Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, or Chicago where he can catch some passes.

With that said, it's frustrating to watch an offense which consistently sends Mendy up the gut while Redman sits the bench. Meanwhile, Mendy only catches 20 passes a season.

cloppbeast
10-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Against the Colts:
(13:37) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to IND 30 for 2 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 51-P.Angerer).
(9:56) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 38 for 2 yards (68-E.Foster; 51-P.Angerer).
(8:03) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall left end to IND 46 for -3 yards (53-K.Conner).
(4:22) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to PIT 19 for 5 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 51-P.Angerer).
(1:09) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 22 for no gain (51-P.Angerer).
(15:00) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to PIT 37 for 3 yards (41-A.Bethea).
(12:57) (Run formation) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 34-R.Mendenhall to IND 47 for -1 yards (50-P.Wheeler; 30-D.Caldwell).
(6:14) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 24 for 4 yards (53-K.Conner; 51-P.Angerer).
(5:07) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to PIT 41 for -1 yards (51-P.Angerer). PENALTY on PIT-72-J.Scott, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PIT 42 - No Play.
(2:43) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to IND 42 for no gain (99-A.Johnson).
(10:35) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 40 for 15 yards (25-J.Powers; 41-A.Bethea). IND-51-P.Angerer was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
(10:01) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right guard to PIT 42 for 2 yards (94-D.Nevis).
(9:28) (Shotgun) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to PIT 49 for 7 yards (68-E.Foster).
(6:42) 34-R.Mendenhall right end to IND 25 for -1 yards (27-J.Lacey; 53-K.Conner).
(:40) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall up the middle to IND 39 for -1 yards (99-A.Johnson; 53-K.Conner).
(10:41) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall left end pushed ob at IND 31 for 2 yards (51-P.Angerer).
(6:58) (Run formation) 34-R.Mendenhall right tackle to PIT 37 for -1 yards (53-K.Conner; 93-D.Freeney).

9 plays for losses or no gain (mostly losses). 16 plays in total for 2 yards or less.

Anyone watching the game knows Redman played a stellar game. He was getting tough yardage and moving the pile. Mendenhall, on the other hand, has been very indecisive in where he wants to go with the football. Nobody is saying fire him. Chill out. But Redman needs to carry the ball more.

Not to mention the fact the Colts are 31st against the run. The Titans are 11th.

Bayz101
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
You listed one of Mendenhalls biggest setbacks as our offensive line, and then try and tell us he'd be a top 3 back in Chicago? Holy crap dude. I don't dislike Mendy nearly as much as some of these other guys but I don't know if i'd agree with your logic under any circumstance.

FanSince72
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't hate Mendenhall I just think he's hit some kind of mental wall and has become very indecisive and that hurts the team.

He's suffering from "analysis paralysis" and until he works that out I'd rather see Redman or Dwyer.
If Mendy can get things sorted out I'd love to see him return as a starter (if not THE starter) but until then, he's more of a liability than an asset.

kirklandrules
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I think we have 3 very good backs and another on the PS. And they are all very unique runners. Mendy has outstanding speed and cutting ability; Redman is more a punishing workhorse; Moore is a crafty veteran that picks up those 3rd and longs; and Dwyer is a young back that does not understand that he shouldn't bust those long runs on his first carry.

When your O-line isn't going to block, it's probably better to see the workhorse stick his nose in there and move the pile. When the line decides to block, having Mendy bust the long runs or frustrate the secondary with his cutting ability sure is nice. This shouldn't be a case that one sucks or is better than another. This is a team and each player brings a quality the coaches need to leverage depending on the circumstances of the game.

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Not to mention the fact the Colts are 31st against the run. The Titans are 11th.
that hole the oline opened up on dwyers 76 yarder was big enough to drive a freakin mack truck through. hell even casey hampton probably would have gotten 30 yards on that carry , but yet people are now acting as if dwyer may be the next eric dickerson all because his number was called at the right time. i agree that sometimes mendenhall spends to much time waiting for blocks that never happen instead of just going head first into the wall , but how many times do you hear the talking heads applauding a running backs "patience" for letting the blocks develop ? alot of mendenhalls bigger runs would have never happend if he just went head first into the pile.

Third Rail
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I think some of you are looking through rose-colored glasses when it comes to Mendenhall. Truth be told, probably all three backs currently in this conversation are above-average at best and will never look like true stars behind this O-Line and Arians' scheming, but I'll still take the guys who seem to understand that running FORWARD gets you more positive yardage than hesitating on every play, getting nailed in the backfield and fumbling the ball. I keep seeing people talk about all these great moments Mendy has had... ain't seen 'em. The only ones that really come to mind were that great game he had against San Diego in '09 and that long TD run in the season opener last year. Other than that, it seems like he gets one first down per game and maybe a TD if the blocking is perfect on the 3 yard line.

shaner82
10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
You listed one of Mendenhalls biggest setbacks as our offensive line, and then try and tell us he'd be a top 3 back in Chicago? Holy crap dude. I don't dislike Mendy nearly as much as some of these other guys but I don't know if i'd agree with your logic under any circumstance.

Sorry, I was just using Chicago as an example of a team that utilizes the strength's of their RB. Forte isn't great at just hammering it up the gut, that's not his strength, so they use him in many different ways, including in the passing game. As a result, Forte helps them win games. Was just using Chicago as an example of how we should use Mendy, didn't really mean if he was actually on Chicago. Although even with their bad line, I think mendy would absolutely light it up in Chicago.

shaner82
10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't think he sucks, I think he gets used poorly in this offense. He reminds me of a bigger verson of Reggie Bush. He's frankly not an inside runner without a great offensive line. He's more of an elusive open-field running back.

I partially agree. I think Mendy is actually a pretty darn good inside runner, not great, but good. After all, he did rush for 1300 yards last year behind a pretty terrible offensive line. Most of that was inside rushing, because frankly, Ariens doesn't really know any other way of using a RB.

Steelerfreak58
10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
He is a good runner but he has not hit holes with speed. The OL is partly to blame to be sure but he is doing an awful lot of dancing in the back field when he does get the ball.

ricardisimo
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
People also are forgetting that change-of-pace backs tend to get higher per carries, and then - surprise! - they get Redman's 3 YPC once they are the starter. The other team has players and coaches also, and they gameplan for our starters. When everyone gets their wish, and Dwyer is our starter and Mendenhall is the change-of-pace back, you'll be seeing Rashard averaging 10 yards per carry as well.

I'm reluctant to bash Arians too much after such an impressive showing, but let's face it, his starting RB is never going to be setting the world on fire, no matter who it happens to be.

Atlanta Dan
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
any player who doesnt kick ass for ATLEAST 2 years straight is automatically hated by the majority of steelerfans.

every steelers is expected to play to the standard set from' 74-'79.

Trust me on this - when the standard was being set from 1974 -1979 the players were catching grief then as well - the only year I recall in that stretch where there was not major griping from the fans was 1975

SteelCurtain0815
10-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Read my whole post. My Moore and Redman reference was against the Texans, not Titans. Moore didn't play against the Titans.

ricardisimo
10-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Read my whole post. My Moore and Redman reference was against the Texans, not Titans. Moore didn't play against the Titans.
You're talking about one series in the Texans game, where the defense hadn't yet adjusted to the new runners. Do you know how many scrubs would be Hall of Famers if we judged them solely on their relief work?

tanda10506
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
So we have one of the most talented RB's in the league, and rather than utilize him properly, we'll just commit to getting rid of him because we don't want to change our terrible play calling? I just don't understand that way of thinking.

I think like that because I think about what will actually happen as opposed to what should or could happen. You're right when you say he would do better elsewhere. With this play calling and this O line he doesn't fit the team. It is true that if Redman starts eventually coaches on opposing teams will plan for him and Dwyer and shut them down more. The thing with that is though that they run straight forward, so we will still have somewhat of a running game with them. The probability of these coaches, especially Arians, changing his play calling on Mendy's behalf, slim to none. That's why I said we should let him go, I have no hate for him, but the play calling and O line will not change to fit a "finesse" type back in Pittsburgh, therefore he is not a fit for us.

thebus36idf
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
with or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
~ Steven Weinberg
I love all you Steelers fans!! What I fail to understand is why we use this forum to impose our veiws on others, funny this is what we so called religious people get accused of often. Since you and Ricardismo Why does God hate amputees fame insist on it I offer a caring response to this little blurb I get to see everytime these members post.

Yes but what Steven Weinber and you fail to understand is that all people good or evil do evil things, because of this we need God , and with this realization I have seen truly evil people become good. ]

These days its not just that the line between right and wrong has been made unclear, today Christians are being asked by our culture today to erase the lines and move the fences, and if that were not bad enough, we are being asked to join in the celebration cry by those who have thrown off the restraints religion had imposed upon them. It is not just that they ask we accept, but they now demand of us to celebrate it too.”
― Ravi Zacharias
“Yes, if truth is not undergirded by love, it makes the possessor of that truth obnoxious and the truth repulsive.”
― Ravi Zacharias
“I think the reason we sometimes have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. He is exactly where we left him.” Ravi Zacharias

“There can be no reproach to pain unless we assume human dignity, there is no reason for restraints on pleasure unless we assume human worth, there is no legitimacy to monotony unless we assume a greater purpose to life, there is no purpose to life unless we assume design, death has no significance unless we seek what is everlasting.” Ravi Zacharias

I truly meant it when I say I love you STEELERS fans though and I love Mendy too!!

ricardisimo
10-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Impose our views? :noidea:

There's a forum for this if you care to discuss it further.

SteelCurtain0815
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
You're talking about one series in the Texans game, where the defense hadn't yet adjusted to the new runners. Do you know how many scrubs would be Hall of Famers if we judged them solely on their relief work?

I didn't say Redman or Moore were better RBs by any means, but you're blind if you can't see that they were hitting holes with a full head of steam and Mendenhall clearly wasn't. Like I said before, Mendenhall isn't sleeping on the sidelines. He sees what's going on and he's going to come back with ferocity like we saw last year.

ricardisimo
10-12-2011, 12:07 AM
I certainly hope so. :drink:

thebus36idf
10-12-2011, 02:17 AM

Funny the quote I address is in this forum yet you lead me to another to discuss it further. This would go to prove my point that it has no place here??? But I'll bite I don't know where this forum is because that is not why I come to this forum so
can you lead me there??? Yes I believe when someone goes to a forum to chat about something specific ie. our beloved Steelers. We should be able to without having to be bombarded with slogans on peoples viewpoints that are offensive. The websters dictionary 2: to OBTRUDE (imposed yourself on others 3. To take unwarranted advantage of something. You are taking a forum used to discuss a thing we all share in common and using it spread your offensive belief, full knowing that some may be offended. :wave:

thebus36idf
10-12-2011, 02:25 AM

Funny the quote I address is in this forum yet you lead me to another to discuss it further. This would go to prove my point that it has no place here??? But I'll bite I don't know where this forum is because that is not why I come to this forum so
can you lead me there??? Yes I believe when someone goes to a forum to chat about something specific ie. our beloved Steelers. We should be able to without having to be bombarded with slogans on peoples viewpoints that are offensive. The websters dictionary 2: to OBTRUDE (imposed yourself on others 3. To take unwarranted advantage of something. You are taking an forum used to discuss a thing we all share in common and using it spread an offensive belief, full knowing that some may be offended. :wave:

ricardisimo
10-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Whenever you want to spend a week or two counting Christian messages (or any other religion) in people's sigs here on SF (or on most web forums) vs. atheist or agnostic messages in sigs please feel free, then report your findings back to us. I think you've found the only two overt atheists on SteelersFever (MoP and myself) and you're offended. Oh, well... I'm not losing any sleep over it.

ricardisimo
10-12-2011, 04:41 AM
From Bouchette in the PG:
But it was not a dominant performance Sunday. Other than the 76-yard run by Dwyer, the two backs managed just 80 yards on their other 25 carries, an average of 3.2 yards per carry and no touchdowns. Had Redman's 49 yards on 15 carries been accomplished by Mendenhall, it might have been viewed differently rather than celebrated.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11285/1181374-66-0.stm#ixzz1aYTMyfwa

Exactly. Thank you, Ed.

thebus36idf
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Whenever you want to spend a week or two counting Christian messages (or any other religion) in people's sigs here on SF (or on most web forums) vs. atheist or agnostic messages in sigs please feel free, then report your findings back to us. I think you've found the only two overt atheists on SteelersFever (MoP and myself) and you're offended. Oh, well... I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I would be writing the same the same thing to a person that had a sig that said

"satan loves athiests they should burn in hell" it's a obvious damaging statement
It's not the veiwpoint as it stands alone, it's the context . If you titled you video link My opinion on God, (even though I contend it's not the place) I wouldn't be addressing it.

I have been here for five years, and I apologize but I dont see the religious sigs you speak of. In fact I am very religous, but you dont see a sig from me. Intersting you ignored my point about sending me to another forum, and you wouldnt lead me there. I like when some open the door for debate with a viewpoint then during the discussion ignore the issues at hand and just create new ones without seeing the original point to it's conclusion. My argument was at this forum in this site. I will still contend this isn't the place for it as you acknowledeged by attempting to discuss it elsewhere. I will hold to the stance that there isn't more religious sigs here. And as the old adage goes two rights don't make a wrong. I believe that's a stark difference from you, and me I do lose sleep over things I do that could potentially offend people. So if I offended you I am truly sorry. It doesn't really offend me too much, however belivers of religion whom happened to have an amputated limb of are no less worth than me, are loved as much by God than me, and do have as much purpose in life as I do. As do you. Thanks for your heartfelt opinion, and I will pray your heart to be open to this possibility. And that's not just lip service.:hug:

stb_steeler
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
So we have one of the most talented RB's in the league, and rather than utilize him properly, we'll just commit to getting rid of him because we don't want to change our terrible play calling? I just don't understand that way of thinking. When the Bears got Forte, they changed their style of play to suit his skills, because they realized he can do a lot of damage in the passing game, but he's not great at rushing up the gut.

The NFL has changed. Teams are throwing to RB's more than ever, yet our RB's get virtually no receiving yards, and rather than adjust our personnel and playcalling, we'll just get rid of one of our most talented offensive players. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah we see how well that worked out for Forte on mondaynight......:doh:

truesteelerfan
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Fire Ariens and keep Mendy....Or insert any other name here instead of Mendy...But I too would hate to waste his talent because our OC is an idiot

tony hipchest
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I would be writing the same the same thing to a person that had a sig that said

"satan loves athiests they should burn in hell" it's a obvious damaging statement
It's not the veiwpoint as it stands alone, it's the context . If you titled you video link My opinion on God, (even though I contend it's not the place) I wouldn't be addressing it.

I have been here for five years, and I apologize but I dont see the religious sigs you speak of. In fact I am very religous, but you dont see a sig from me. Intersting you ignored my point about sending me to another forum, and you wouldnt lead me there. I like when some open the door for debate with a viewpoint then during the discussion ignore the issues at hand and just create new ones without seeing the original point to it's conclusion. My argument was at this forum in this site. I will still contend this isn't the place for it as you acknowledeged by attempting to discuss it elsewhere. I will hold to the stance that there isn't more religious sigs here. And as the old adage goes two rights don't make a wrong. I believe that's a stark difference from you, and me I do lose sleep over things I do that could potentially offend people. So if I offended you I am truly sorry. It doesn't really offend me too much, however belivers of religion whom happened to have an amputated limb of are no less worth than me, are loved as much by God than me, and do have as much purpose in life as I do. As do you. Thanks for your heartfelt opinion, and I will pray your heart to be open to this possibility. And that's not just lip service.:hug:holy derailment, batshitman. :doh:

the proper forum to have these discussions is located in the locker room. if you dont like his sig dont read it or pretend that it is a tasteless joke. either way there is no political or religious discussions in the steelers forum.

you wanna put a cross as your avi? knock yourself out, otherwise, allow the steelers football talk, forum to be for steelers related discussions only.

tony hipchest
10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
back on topic, i think having the nickname "mendy" make it easy for people to hate on him ( well that, and the fact that he takes hip hop dance classes and likes writing music and poetry).

which begs the question... once him and dwyer become more of a backfield tandem, can we call them Pork and Mindy"?

NA-NOO, NA-NOO, SHAZBOT!

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
holy derailment, batshitman. :doh:

the proper forum to have these discussions is located in the locker room. if you dont like his sig dont read it or pretend that it is a tasteless joke. either way there is no political or religious discussions in the steelers forum.

you wanna put a cross as your avi? knock yourself out, otherwise, allow the steelers football talk, forum to be for steelers related discussions only.
i hate swiss cheese and its my belief there should be a worldwide ban on all things related to swiss cheese. therefor i find your sig to be offensive since its contrary to my beliefs. please remove it pronto....
thank you,
President of
The United Anti Swiss Cheese Organization Of America

Steeldude
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Had Redman's 49 yards on 15 carries been accomplished by Mendenhall, it might have been viewed differently rather than celebrated

no, because it's how redman got the yards. he got those hard yards by continually pumping his legs and fighting for every inch. he put his head down and drove forward.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
no, because it's how redman got the yards. he got those hard yards by continually pumping his legs and fighting for every inch. he put his head down and drove forward.
and yet he still got stuffed for no gain about a half dozen times , so should we blame him or piss poor blocking ? :noidea:

tony hipchest
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
i hate swiss cheese and its my belief there should be a worldwide ban on all things related to swiss cheese. therefor i find your sig to be offensive since its contrary to my beliefs. please remove it pronto....
thank you,
President of

the UASCOA??? :jawdrop:

that sounds pretty official. consider it removed. lol

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
the UASCOA??? :jawdrop:

that sounds pretty official. consider it removed. lol
we should have a lobby in DC by 2087 ... we have over 5 members in 32 states...:thumbsup:

ricardisimo
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I think we have four very talented backs right now (five if Barron Batch is what we started seeing before he went down.) I've seen nothing yet to dissuade me from the conclusion that Mendenhall is the most talented of them all. Any of them starting behind this line, in Arians' system will be a 3 yards/carry back, so I think this discussion is for the time being a waste of air.

cloppbeast
10-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I think we have four very talented backs right now (five if Barron Batch is what we started seeing before he went down.) I've seen nothing yet to dissuade me from the conclusion that Mendenhall is the most talented of them all. Any of them starting behind this line, in Arians' system will be a 3 yards/carry back, so I think this discussion is for the time being a waste of air.

I'm prety sure, right now, only one of those four very talented backs have 3 yards/carry in Arians offense.....and it's the one you think has the most talent.

Whodis
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Against the Colts:

This pretty much sums up what the consensus is saying. Anyone that has watched the Steelers for as long as most on this board have can see a big difference between Redman / Dwyer hitting a hole for 2 or 3 yards or Mendenhall spinning through and or bouncing off tacklers for a few. I really love watching a back wear down a defense. It takes the will out of them. I'll take moore of Redman / Dwyer and less Moore / Mendenhall

ricardisimo
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm prety sure, right now, only one of those four very talented backs have 3 yards/carry in Arians offense.....and it's the one you think has the most talent.
As a starter in this offense Redman now has a 3.3 yard average. And as was mentioned elsewhere, the 76-yard run was fantastic, but take it away and Dwyer averaged 3.1 in his new role. I could have run through that hole, and so certainly could Rashard. I suspect Mendy would not have been caught from behind either.

TRH
10-12-2011, 05:20 PM
i don't think he sucks by any stretch but i've said since last year he isn't one of the league's best backs either. He's just not a top 10 back.
When he runs forward or sideline with power and doesn't hesitate, he gets results. When he stops behind the line and tries to juke and jive and dance, he is almost always stoppped for either no-gain or a loss. And he's been doing that almost exclusively, which in turn, he's been terrible.

thebus36idf
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
holy derailment, batshitman. :doh:

How did I know it would come this. It always does when you try to have a kind conversation with people that have an axe to grind. Lots of love to ya.

Buddha Bus
10-12-2011, 05:53 PM
How did I know it would come this. It always does when you try to have a kind conversation with people that have an axe to grind. Lots of love to ya.

Yeah, screw it! Let's just do away with all of these organized forums and throw everything into one big giant mess of random conversation that no one can follow. :doh:

Really... get over yourself and read the COC.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2011, 06:25 PM
excuse me but i believe your the one doing the grinding.
i'll leave you with this little nugget.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Steeldude
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
and yet he still got stuffed for no gain about a half dozen times , so should we blame him or piss poor blocking ? :noidea:

i have always said it starts with the O-line. it's why i dislike drafting RBs in the 1st round. as we have known for many, many years, the O-line is horrible and i doubt the steelers will make any improvements next season. so if they aren't going to fix it then put the RB in who has the best chance of getting positive yardage.

redman for no gain is better than mendenhall for -2. IMO, mendenhall would have ended up with 5 or so yards rushing if he was in place of redman.

finesward
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
can you lead me there??? Yes I believe when someone goes to a forum to chat about something specific ie. our beloved Steelers. We should be able to without having to be bombarded with slogans on peoples viewpoints that are offensive. The websters dictionary 2: to OBTRUDE (imposed yourself on others 3. To take unwarranted advantage of something. You are taking a forum used to discuss a thing we all share in common and using it spread your offensive belief, full knowing that some may be offended. :wave:

Funny how to be offended by something or someone you have to be without forgiveness. If you truly were like the big J, you wouldn't be offended but would be forgiving. I'll leave you with this little quote:

“The quality of human beings is only one and that is how much they love and
forgive”
Shri Mataji Nirmala Divi

finesward
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
i have always said it starts with the O-line. it's why i dislike drafting RBs in the 1st round. as we have known for many, many years, the O-line is horrible and i doubt the steelers will make any improvements next season. so if they aren't going to fix it then put the RB in who has the best chance of getting positive yardage.

redman for no gain is better than mendenhall for -2. IMO, mendenhall would have ended up with 5 or so yards rushing if he was in place of redman.

I agree. I wish we had a more athletic o-line that could execute screen passes. It's the one play we have been really poor at recently. Maybe it's ben, who knows, but they seem so awkward and forced when they run them. It would be great to be able to run that play on 3rd and longs instead of the 7 step drops and subsequent sacks.

cloppbeast
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
As a starter in this offense Redman now has a 3.3 yard average.[/quotes]

What difference does it make whether he starts or not? Are starter yards worth more?

[QUOTE]And as was mentioned elsewhere, the 76-yard run was fantastic, but take it away and Dwyer averaged 3.1 in his new role.

Why would I want to take it away if it was fantastic?

I could have run through that hole, and so certainly could Rashard. I suspect Mendy would not have been caught from behind either.

I don't think Mendenhall would have even seen that hole.

See, we can both speculate.........

One thing we know for sure, is that Redman has a higher ypc than Mendenhall through week 3, against the same competition. Redman had more yards against Houston on fewer carries. No speculation needed.

Even as a member of the Mendenhall camp, you can probably admit that Redman is at least better in some ways than Mendy. Mendenhall may not suck; he's in a bad sitution in an offense which doesn't use his talents very well. But, right now, in this offense, Redman has shown more effectiveness. I'm only suggesting we use both their talents appropriately. Redman has talent in power running up the middle. So, when we run a power play up the middle, I don't think I ask much to suggest putting Redman in.

ricardisimo
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
What difference does it make whether he starts or not? Are starter yards worth more?
You're kidding, right? Tell me this: Tim Tebow did very well in relief for Denver last week. Therefore, we can extrapolate that he's going to just as well being the starter the rest of the season. You would agree with that, wouldn't you?
Why would I want to take it away if it was fantastic?
Because Mendenhall's critics do exactly that all the time. "Sure he breaks off some long runs, but if you take those away, blahblahblah..." The argument from yourself and others is that Redman and Dwyer are a different sort of runner, more consistent, less boom or bust, always moving forward, whatever. So, we'll look at those sorts of runs, and not the one truly great bit of blocking from our line in the past three games.
Whatever, dude...
p-cYBhVrt6s

One thing we know for sure, is that Redman has a higher ypc than Mendenhall through week 3, against the same competition. Redman had more yards against Houston on fewer carries. No speculation needed.

Even as a member of the Mendenhall camp, you can probably admit that Redman is at least better in some ways than Mendy. Mendenhall may not suck; he's in a bad sitution in an offense which doesn't use his talents very well. But, right now, in this offense, Redman has shown more effectiveness. I'm only suggesting we use both their talents appropriately. Redman has talent in power running up the middle. So, when we run a power play up the middle, I don't think I ask much to suggest putting Redman in.
Dwyer's numbers were much, much better than Redman's. Don't you think that by comparison Redman looks old and beat up? Dwyer clearly should be the starter. :rolleyes:

Look, Rashard obviously needs to have a readjustment. Something's not right, but I'm hoping that this last game and (maybe) the next game serve as the same sort of reset button that worked so well the last time, when he came back from a little hiatus and ran for 180 or so yards.

Part of what's not right, though, is the line, which conveniently enough got a whole lot better just in time for Redman's first start... and yet he still averaged 3 YPC. Another part of what's not right is the playcalling, which also got better, more up-tempo and slightly more balanced just in time for Redman's premiere... and yet he still got 3 YPC.

I'll repeat myself: I like Redman and Dwyer a lot, and I think we have one of, if not the best stable of backs in the league. The problems with our running game have nothing to do with our running backs.

cloppbeast
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Because Mendenhall's critics do exactly that all the time. "Sure he breaks off some long runs, but if you take those away, blahblahblah..." The argument from yourself and others is that Redman and Dwyer are a different sort of runner, more consistent, less boom or bust, always moving forward, whatever. So, we'll look at those sorts of runs, and not the one truly great bit of blocking from our line in the past three games.

First of all, I've never done it. Long runs are part of the equation.

Second of all, I bet you would reject such reasoning applied to Mendenhhall, why apply it to Dwyer?

Whatever, dude...
p-cYBhVrt6s

Yeah, but.......if you minus that run, he only averaged 3.3 ypc that game :rolleyes:

Dwyer's numbers were much, much better than Redman's. Don't you think that by comparison Redman looks old and beat up? Dwyer clearly should be the starter. :rolleyes:

Dwyer has 20 carries in the NFL, so I wouldn't say that.

Look, Rashard obviously needs to have a readjustment. Something's not right, but I'm hoping that this last game and (maybe) the next game serve as the same sort of reset button that worked so well the last time, when he came back from a little hiatus and ran for 180 or so yards.

Hopefully.

Even with that, I still say Redman deserves more carries.

Part of what's not right, though, is the line, which conveniently enough got a whole lot better just in time for Redman's first start... and yet he still averaged 3 YPC. Another part of what's not right is the playcalling, which also got better, more up-tempo and slightly more balanced just in time for Redman's premiere... and yet he still got 3 YPC.

You're judging him based upon one NFL start .One. His first start - against the 11th ranked run defense at that. Do you remember Mendenhall's first start?

Mendenhall's had 12 starts where he's averaged fewer than 4 ypc.

Bayz101
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Get over the fact that you spent a fortune on Mendenhall's jersey and understand this. At this point, we're going into our 6th game of the season. We just went out there with rookies a beat a 3-1 team. Mendenhall in no way needs to be our starter right now.

Sure, he does need adjustments. But Dwyer and Redman obviously didn't? They combined for nearly double what Mendy has done all year!! I like Mendy, but in my opinion, we don't have the time to make any adjustments. It isn't time to get Mendy's ass in gear, it's time to WIN! Everyone else looks pretty damn good, why waste our time trying to get Mendy's head out of his ass?!

This weekend, you'll see a mix of all our backs, including Mendenhall. If Mendy needs to make adjustments, he better damn well make them Sunday, or he's in trouble.

ricardisimo
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
"... or he's in trouble." And I'm the one that needs to get over myself?

thebus36idf
10-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Funny how to be offended by something or someone you have to be without forgiveness. If you truly were like the big J, you wouldn't be offended but would be forgiving. I'll leave you with this little quote:

Shri Mataji Nirmala Divi

Agree 100% if you read the dialogue between us I am the forgiving one. In fact you'll also see I tell ricardsmo on many occasions I do love him, and accept his opinion. "WHY GOD HATES AMPUTEES" com' on do I relly need to defend the fact that someone of faith and a missing limb might not want to see that??? What's the world coming too?? I was just simply pointing out the fact that it could be offensive that is a loving gesture towards all affected. What if I had " Why God hates black people or white people or indians or 3rd world countries etc. would you out of love be able to address that?? And a person can be offended and forgiving, under your theory then I shouldn't be offended by anything, (not that i was offended at all, but that it could be offensive) and if I am, somehow I am unable to forgive them. Both being obviosly false.:hug:

steelax04
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Agree 100% if you read the dialogue between us I am the forgiving one. In fact you'll also see I tell ricardsmo on many occasions I do love him, and accept his opinion. "WHY GOD HATES AMPUTEES" com' on do I relly need to defend the fact that someone of faith and a missing limb might not want to see that??? What's the world coming too?? I was just simply pointing out the fact that it could be offensive that is a loving gesture towards all affected. What if I had " Why God hates black people or white people or indians or 3rd world countries etc. would you out of love be able to address that?? And a person can be offended and forgiving, under your theory then I shouldn't be offended by anything, (not that i was offended at all, but that it could be offensive) and if I am, somehow I am unable to forgive them. Both being obviosly false.:hug:

Here's where you can continue and not derail this any further... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=78014

Oh yeah... :hug:

ricardisimo
10-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Wrong forum. Move along.

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2011, 11:22 PM
This weekend, you'll see a mix of all our backs, including Mendenhall. If Mendy needs to make adjustments, he better damn well make them Sunday, or he's in trouble.
you do realize your NOT the steelers coach ................ right ? :huh:

thebus36idf
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Here's where you can continue and not derail this any further... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=78014

Oh yeah... :hug:

Thanks

caplovestroyp43
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
<<Because he doesn't fit our team>>

I agree with this. At one point he did but he doesn't now. And that is sad because I could be heard yelling GO MENDY!! GO MENDY!! GO MENDY!! That and the fact that he said some pretty stupid stuff in the past.

Cap

caplovestroyp43
10-15-2011, 07:13 PM
thank you,
President of

YOU HATE Swiss Cheese????? OMG!! It's the best cheese there is MOP!!! Seriously. You must notta tasted Swiss cheese from Walnut Creek, Ohio! You'd change your mind I do believe.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ricardisimo
10-15-2011, 07:50 PM
First of all, I've never done it. Long runs are part of the equation.

Second of all, I bet you would reject such reasoning applied to Mendenhhall, why apply it to Dwyer?

Yeah, but.......if you minus that run, he only averaged 3.3 ypc that game :rolleyes:

Dwyer has 20 carries in the NFL, so I wouldn't say that.

Hopefully.

Even with that, I still say Redman deserves more carries.

You're judging him based upon one NFL start .One. His first start - against the 11th ranked run defense at that. Do you remember Mendenhall's first start?

Mendenhall's had 12 starts where he's averaged fewer than 4 ypc.
You made the claim that Mendenhall wouldn't have seen the hole, and I showed pretty much the same play, except that Mendy actually scored. You dismiss it for some reason. :noidea:

Whether you add or take away Dwyer's big run doesn't really matter, since strangely none of you are calling for Dwyer to be the featured back. This despite Dwyer having significantly better numbers than Redman. The point being that the change-of-pace back in our offense always has better per-carry numbers. One shouldn't read too much into that. You are (accurately) reading Dwyer's numbers in that light, and yet completely missing the point with regards to Mendenhall. Again, :noidea:

Also, I'm not the one judging Redman based on one NFL start... you are. If "Redzone" had shown, in that same one NFL start, a couple of TDs at goal line and a 4.5-5 yard average or better, than this discussion would have at least the barest sort of relation to reality. But none of those things happened. So why are we even discussing this? :noidea:

I'm in agreement with most here that Mendenhall clearly needs some tweaking and either needs to get his head into the game or maybe get it out (he might be over-analyzing). But he is fantastically gifted, a wonderful blend of speed and power with a nice set of moves. It's enough of a shame to watch Arians misuse him. It would be criminal to watch Holmgren get a hold of him and really use him the way he should be used, and specifically against us twice a year.

btaylor179
10-16-2011, 07:34 AM
hated him since his fumble in the super bowl and since then hes scared to get hit

cloppbeast
10-16-2011, 09:45 AM
So why are we even discussing this?

:noidea:

FanSince72
10-16-2011, 09:57 AM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/ras1.jpg

joeyssteelcurtain
10-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Because he sucks.

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
No hate from Ed.B. of the P-G for Mendy this morning

Ed: Mendy Could Have Big Day

While there seems to be much sentiment for the Steelers to go to Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer at running back, Rashard Mendenhall could have a big day today. I think the week off will have done him some good, and he has shown if he hits the hole hard he can get those yards afterward. He's been a decent runner the past two seasons behind lines that were not so decent so there is no reason to believe he cannot pick it back up -- unless his hamstring goes again.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:41 PM

Exactly !.
Mendy, is one of the only reasons why this "O" is actually even able to look good, sometimes,... and, it's mostly thanks to Mendy, except when he fumbled in our SB against GB. -...I don't wanna go there though ! :/
Ok, but still,
naaa Mendy, is still great, he is still 'da shi_e !
Redman is lookin' good too though, and that's ok, 'cause the more SMASH-MOUTH, the merrier. :)
...nobody here better have "ANY" hate against Mendy !, or you're gonna deal with a Canadian-Steel strapping too.
hahaha
:tt04:

tony hipchest
10-16-2011, 04:52 PM
i just gotta laugh at some of the novice coaches and pseudo-analysts in this thread. :chuckle:

while we're busy kicking mendenhall to the curb since he doesnt fit our "system" (whatever the hell that is), we might as well fire keisel, woodley, farrior, and ward as well (theyre old).

does troy still look too slow? is he dancing too much as well? he sure does miss some tackles.

DanRooney
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM

mikegrimey
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
i just gotta laugh at some of the novice coaches and pseudo-analysts in this thread. :chuckle:

while we're busy kicking mendenhall to the curb since he doesnt fit our "system" (whatever the hell that is), we might as well fire keisel, woodley, farrior, and ward as well (theyre old).

does troy still look too slow? is he dancing too much as well? he sure does miss some tackles.

Not to mention that we should play sylvester and scoop up Thaddeus Gibson again, oh and brown should be starting at CB and when woodley doesn't get sacks most dolts assume he isn't even playing hard :/

ricardisimo
10-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Because he sucks.

Yup. Worthless. :rolleyes:

ricardisimo
10-17-2011, 01:27 AM

Quotes like these merit reposting. And yes, we can both speculate... but only one of us knows how to write elipses properly.

solardave
10-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Whiners gotta have something to whine about.

I don't consider myself a whiner. If he runs like he did yesterday I'm good. When the line doesn't play as well as they did he is indecisive and gets dropped in the back field a lot.
Mendy is the most talented back we have. I question his heart sometimes and you can't question Redman's heart. He never gives up or takes a play off. I really like the way BA spelled him with Redman and Dwyer. It'll work and keep opposing D's guessing.

Rotorhead
10-17-2011, 10:22 AM
If we used Mendy like we should, FB or run him OT, then he would be great. I honestly feel bad for him because BA is an idiot. I would like nothing more than to see him dominate like I think he can, but our "system" does not cater to his (or anyones for that matter) strengths. So why shouldnt we try and get some OL upgrades for out ailing OL with him. However if BA is gone next season then he will probably be the rushing champ next season LOL

cloppbeast
10-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Quotes like these merit reposting. And yes, we can both speculate... but only one of us knows how to write elipses properly.

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/eat-crow.jpg

:doh:

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Mendenhall is a quality running back, and I'm glad we have him. He hass big play ability, he's an asset to the offense. He adds a dimension, but he's not perfect.

The good outweighs the bad with Rashard. He's been a big part of our success the last few years and has grown as a player. That fumble against GB still kills me, but we made mistakes in every facet of the game in that superbowl and they collectively cost us, though Mendenhall's was the biggest momentum shifter for sure.

He's a guy that can legitimately carry your offense for stretches whereas Redman and Dwyer are not. That doesn't mean we should overlook those two guys or Moore, they all bring something to the table(short yard, goal line, third down, blocking). It's a GOOD thing to have so many diverse talents at that position.

ricardisimo
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/eat-crow.jpg

:doh:
Funny. Can't tell if that's crow or Raven. Either way... :chuckle:
:applaudit:

cloppbeast
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Funny. Can't tell if that's crow or Raven. Either way... :chuckle:
:applaudit:

It's a crow.....:doh::ididwhat:

JustinM
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Mendy showed up for Jags game!!

FanSince72
10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Mendy showed up for Jags game!!

Yes he did and I was quite impressed.

(Does crow taste good with onions?) :bowdown:

TRH
10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Mendenhall is a quality running back, and I'm glad we have him. He hass big play ability, he's an asset to the offense. He adds a dimension, but he's not perfect.

The good outweighs the bad with Rashard. He's been a big part of our success the last few years and has grown as a player. That fumble against GB still kills me, but we made mistakes in every facet of the game in that superbowl and they collectively cost us, though Mendenhall's was the biggest momentum shifter for sure.

i agree....i think the good outweighs the bad. I still don't think he's one of the better backs in thisleague however, but he's still good.
And again...his good runs yesterday? When he takes the ball with authority and runs. When he starts juking and jiving, thats when he sucks and gets stuffed for losses and no gains.