PDA

View Full Version : NFL HGH Testing - Starting Next Week?

Atlanta Dan
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
The NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to a plan for testing for human growth hormone after meeting Friday with leaders of a House committee.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello made the announcement via his Twitter account, saying testing would begin "ASAP...should start as early next week.":yikes:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7101465/nfl-union-agree-testing-plan-hgh

I have my suspects among the Steelers who might fail that test - fortunately one of the likely suspects is once again injured and is not someone I would regard as a crucial loss if he was suspended

Atlanta Dan
10-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Then again testing may not be ASAP as ESPN corrects its own story:noidea:

Two congressmen and the NFL say after a meeting with the players union that testing for human growth hormone will begin shortly, but the union is less committal.

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told reporters Friday that the sides agreed to begin testing "immediately."

He added that what to do with the test results will be dealt with in the coming weeks.

But NFLPA spokesman George Atallah, speaking a few minutes later, said testing will begin after a fair and safe system is in place. He said players will do that "as fast as possible."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7101465/hgh-test-tap-nfl-not-fast-union-says

I am glad Congress has the time to devote its attention to this pressing issue since the problems with the deficit and economy have apparently been solved :thumbsup:

Rotorhead
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Well since players are no longer aloud to actually hit anymore, does it matter what they take? Hell the National Flagfootball League would have scores in the hundreds if more players took perf enhancing drugs and isnt that what that sh!tbag Goodell wants?

truesteelerfan
10-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Goodell is boring and pretty soon his league will suit his personality. Yawn!

Atlanta Dan
10-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Goodell is boring and pretty soon his league will suit his personality. Yawn!

Yep - this from Peter King today

One year ago this weekend, the NFL changed the way it disciplined players. Forever. No longer would brutal helmet-to-helmet hits get a $7,500 wrist-slap. Three big hits in Week 6 drew a combined $175,000 in fines, and new points of emphases set up a new way of hitting by angry defenders...

"As we look at the one-year anniversary,'' said NFL vice president Ray Anderson on Thursday, "we can say it's a pretty happy anniversary.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/14/anniversary/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a2

OX1947
10-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Yep - this from Peter King today

One year ago this weekend, the NFL changed the way it disciplined players. Forever. No longer would brutal helmet-to-helmet hits get a $7,500 wrist-slap. Three big hits in Week 6 drew a combined $175,000 in fines, and new points of emphases set up a new way of hitting by angry defenders...

"As we look at the one-year anniversary,'' said NFL vice president Ray Anderson on Thursday, "we can say it's a pretty happy anniversary.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/14/anniversary/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a2

Yah, happy anniversary and go **** yourself, you Goodell and that dickless kiss ass Peter King who use to have his tongue up Brady's blackhole and now his whole head is up Roger Goodell's.

Twentyvalve
10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Let me get this straight: Government is now involved in football? Football?

Fire Arians
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
i wonder how much of the cheatriots are gonna get busted

dont tell me for one second that when they signed junior seau at age 200 a few years back that they werent juicing his ass up with some kind of performance enhancers

jwmann2
10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
I guess they should let everyone know that they will be testing in the future. Good policy. Gives players times to mask. Who do you think the first player to get hit with a penalty is? I have always suspected Laron Landry of the Redskins to be using something, not being a hater, the dude is a beast. He says he lifts weights 7 days a week, which means you need a little help from something to help your muscles recover.