PDA

View Full Version : Americas Favorite Pothead

Brownskikass
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Well its time to start on the 'Ricky Williams' topic and if you think the Dolphins should welcome him back...>Rumor is, he might come back, but who knows?

I think you cant let him back. They drafted Ronnie Brown and its been proven RBs make the transition form college to pro the easiest. The locker room would be split and tempers would flare. He needs to be traded. I here Oakland is interested

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
one reason he is coming back.. he doesnt have the money to pay back the dolphins..ok well, maybe 2 reasons, that and he's out of pot!!!

Brownskikass
05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
But why would anyone let him back...After all, the Fins drafted a RB with their 2nd overall pick

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
aparently saban is willing to give him a shot if the circumstances work out.. remember saban wasnt there last year, so he's more prone to give ricky a chance to redeem himself than wanstedt would have been.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2005, 10:38 PM
I think Saban will let him back,and if he does well and if Ronnie Brown does well they might trade Ricky...if not for a 1st rounder...a player to fill a need.

ironcitychef
05-23-2005, 12:19 AM
My gut tells me you, as Miami, always allow Ricky to come back. Why? Cause then it allows you to get the most out of your total investment. Right now they are losing money on him...gave up a lot, Ricky can't pay back a lot, and no one was coming to the games late in the season. So you try shopping him around right now. Teams ask.."so can we talk to Ricky?" All they can say right now is uh, we'll get back to you. You let Ricky back, he serves his sentence, then runs for a quick 85 against say New Orleans while subbing for Ronnie Brown, and teams are now a little more interested. We'll see.:coffee:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2005, 12:53 AM
If he comes back, let him play a year, and then try and trade im if he stays healthy and clean.

Steelersfan
05-23-2005, 01:03 AM
If he comes back, let him play a year, and then try and trade im if he stays healthy and clean.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It will take him a year to get back in playing shape.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2005, 01:04 AM
The league is probably gonna test him every single day if he comes back.

Steelersfan
05-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Doesn't he still have to serve a suspension if he does come back? At least 4 games wasn't it?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2005, 01:23 AM
yeah, he'll be under a suspension, which should give him time to get into game shape between training camp, preseason,and then 4 weeks working out on his own. it's possible he could be made to serve a year suspension at some point too.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Ricky'll come back,get bored during his suspension,smoke some pot,test positive,and never play again.

clevestinks
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Players cannot afford to payback the money. Not Ricky, Not Winslow, not any of them.

Say the get a $10 million dollar bonus. after taxes, and attorney/agent fees. They would be lucky to get $5 million in the bank. But when ordered to pay it back , they must pay in full $10 million. I was reading this in the Cleve paper. So it is almost impossilble. So Ricky really has no choice.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2005, 06:05 PM
alot of times what they'll do also is threaten the player by telling them they want it all back, and then work out a happy medium to only take part of it back, or they'll negoiate a new deal, for x amount of dollars and then take that money back from them as soon as they sign in it.. possibly in a smaller signing bonus or what have you.

clevestinks
05-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Americas Favorite Pothead!

How ironic, the same day we get Jersey back! lol :busted:

Just playin Jersey