PDA

View Full Version : Does Ben's Injury actually help the Steelers

thebus36idf
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
I think the main reason for the Teams success last weekend was because Ben couldn't move. Even his drop backs looked shorter. And when he felt pressure he just stepped up like I see Brady do so consistently. Also Arians had to gameplan for it and it was a success, So well see how it works this weekend. I am always torn by Ben. He is so much better statistically when he is scrambling, but the reason he doesn't get the whistle is because he is prone to fight off tacklers. Maybe just maybe Bens inability to move outside the pocket will catch on, and add some more years to his shelflife.:tt:

DanRooney
10-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Well Ben is undefeated with the 'super boot' on his foot.

WickedSteel
10-15-2011, 09:42 PM
While I hope that this gameplan catches on, I have a bad feeling that BA will go right back to his goofy ways when Ben gets better.

The way they played the Titans last week is exactly the way that teams like the Packers, Pats, and Saints beat other teams. Short drops, quick releases and spreading the defense out.

Here's to this catching on...

tanda10506
10-15-2011, 09:44 PM
He tends to play better hurt. I agree with you about him having a quick release this last game and maybe injury did have something to do with that. Also the play calling was better. The thing is though, Ben doesn't run and move out of the pocket if there is a good pocket there. So many people refer to his "style of play" as a mobile, running out of the pocket QB, but it's only due to the line. I can't ever recall seeing him run out of a pocket that's not deteriorating. This last game the play calling was anchored with shorter quick passes and Ben succeeded with that, he also does very well on long passing plays IF the line gives him time. We'll have to wait and see how things go and how the play calling goes after he is "healed" to answer your question IMO.

thebus36idf
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
He tends to play better hurt. I agree with you about him having a quick release this last game and maybe injury did have something to do with that. Also the play calling was better. The thing is though, Ben doesn't run and move out of the pocket if there is a good pocket there. So many people refer to his "style of play" as a mobile, running out of the pocket QB, but it's only due to the line. I can't ever recall seeing him run out of a pocket that's not deteriorating. This last game the play calling was anchored with shorter quick passes and Ben succeeded with that, he also does very well on long passing plays IF the line gives him time. We'll have to wait and see how things go and how the play calling goes after he is "healed" to answer your question IMO.

Agreed that's why I thought that arians gameplan changed, because he knew form the previous weeks Ben probably wouldn't have enough time. So it came together well. Where I differ with you a little is with Ben running out of the pocket, granted it's because of a beating he's been taking that's made him uneasy. I however have seen him run outside his blockers and give the defense on the ends a clearer shot at him instead of stepping up looking to throw, or he even taking his eyes off the receivers until he escapes danger then throws on the run. whereas the other great QB's never take their eyes off the feild they just step up a little and throw. But how can I critisize he's been successful, but will take alot of years off his career. Just Like Vick.

ricardisimo
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Might not take that many years off. Guys like Steve Young, McNair, McNabb etc. were running quarterbacks who took a beating every week. They all had long careers, McNabb's is still going... kinda. I guess you could make the argument that they would have been even longer.

thebus36idf
10-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Might not take that many years off. Guys like Steve Young, McNair, McNabb etc. were running quarterbacks who took a beating every week. They all had long careers, McNabb's is still going... kinda. I guess you could make the argument that they would have been even longer.

Man I have a whole new respect for Steve Young after seeing what a beating Ben takes. Was it that S.F. line was that bad or was it more by design. Man it seemed like brady against the Jets stood there with the ball for like 30 seconds and still noone was even close. I suppose that's why he's good. Why is it once a pocket passer always a pocket passer, and once a running QB almost always a running QB. When we have a running QB do coaches just see a good offensive line as just a comodity, not a neccessity? It must be a large part because the QB is just not comfortable in the pocket for very long. As for McNair I don't remember him being as much as a running QB as McNabb, but McNabb suffered alot of injuries that hurt the team, and he's a rock.

Steeldude
10-15-2011, 11:40 PM
with an immobile BR the brilliant arians couldn't play his al davis game plan. when BR is healthy the offense will be sad once more.

why did the cleveland browns let this mastermind leave?

MACH1
10-16-2011, 02:07 AM
with an immobile BR the brilliant arians couldn't play his al davis game plan. when BR is healthy the offense will be sad once more.

why did the cleveland browns let this mastermind leave?

This

FanSince72
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Well, even Arians has to realize that things worked very well last week and maybe ... just maybe, he might have learned something from it.

Hope springs eternal.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
we should have just played Barron Batch -, until Ben is really healthy.
thats it.
But ARIEN'S doesn't like Batch, because Batch actually believe's in, and supports, a "running" game.
AND, btw, the O-Line likes the 'ole Baron a lot, and maybe 'cause he makes a similar Salary to them, unlike BEN !?
ok FINE,
and ya, I'm now calling this one out, on what I'm starting to feel.
sorry.

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
thats it.
But ARIEN'S doesn't like Batch, because Batch actually believe's in, and supports, a "running" game.
AND, btw, the O-Line likes the 'ole Baron a lot, and maybe 'cause he makes a similar Salary to them, unlike BEN !?
ok FINE,
sorry.

1. "Baron" Batch is a RB and is out for the season on injured reserve.

2. You're an idiot.

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:08 PM
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry.

Baron Batch? You mean Charlie. And I am sorry while Charlie's a great guy, it would be stupid as hell to bunch Ben who we have invested millions of dollars in favor of Charlie who's probably in his last year or close to it. And there's a reason why Ben's salary is what it is. He's made it to the conference championship four times and this is his eighth year.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Baron Batch? You mean Charlie. And I am sorry while Charlie's a great guy, it would be stupid as hell to bunch Ben who we have invested millions of dollars in favor of Charlie who's probably in his last year or close to it. And there's a reason why Ben's salary is what it is. He's made it to the conference championship four times and this is his eighth year.

ya but ALL this still doesn't mean BEN can't still "learn" a bit more BETTER !?, even from Batch.
Batch is NOT just "any" back-up QB for the Steelers,. unless u've been under a rock for the last few years.
- and I blame Ariens, and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., much less determination,..., as we all wellknow, it just pay$ their agents' off. ;)
U gotta earn it !, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.

thebus36idf
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry. ya but ALL this still doesn't mean BEN can't still "learn" a bit more BETTER !?, even from Batch.
Batch is NOT just "any" back-up QB for the Steelers,. unless u've been under a rock for the last few years.
- and I blame Ariens, we should have just played Barron Batch -, until Ben is really healthy.
thats it.
ok FINE,
sorry. and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., u gotta earn it, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.

I think you've been overserved. Have fun :tt:

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
ya but ALL this still doesn't mean BEN can't still "learn" a bit more BETTER !?, even from Batch.
- and I blame Ariens, and ultimately Tomlin, for not mentoring/coaching Ben better QB-wise.
Money, as some ppl choose to think about it, don't buy brains', ..., u gotta earn it, the hard way in the NFL, especially, if you're a QB.

Learning is one thing. Benching the QB we've invested millions of dollars and years in for a guy who is getting up there in years is another. I know how important a back up Batch is. He does that job very well but we have a better chance to win there with Ben at QB and the stats prove that. I am sorry but it is beyond idiotic to bench Ben for Batch. Ben needs to improve his game and I think that's something everyone even Ben realizes but benching a franchise QB for Batch? That's just dumb. I have no qualms with Ben needing to learn. And by the way the reason we pass more now is because we have a lot of talent at the WR position. We've got Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and then there's Miller at the TE position who ain't bad himself. A more balanced attack is fine but it's not like we don't have the weapons to have a strong passing game.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Learning is one thing. Benching the QB we've invested millions of dollars and years in for a guy who is getting up there in years is another. I know how important a back up Batch is. He does that job very well but we have a better chance to win there with Ben at QB and the stats prove that. I am sorry but it is beyond idiotic to bench Ben for Batch. Ben needs to improve his game and I think that's something everyone even Ben realizes but benching a franchise QB for Batch? That's just dumb. I have no qualms with Ben needing to learn. And by the way the reason we pass more now is because we have a lot of talent at the WR position. We've got Ward, Wallace, Sanders, Brown, and then there's Miller at the TE position who ain't bad himself. A more balanced attack is fine but it's not like we don't have the weapons to have a strong passing game.

This has nuthin' to do with "Benching Ben" which I never said -and you know it, ...
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, u wanna gamble with his health? -thats obviously a marketing question too ?
If not, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
-don't twist things around.
But I know, you didn't like that "money" thing I mentioned, regarding BEN -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 04:40 PM
This has nuthin' to do with "Benching Ben" which I never said -and you know it, ...
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
But I know, you didn't like that money thing I mentioned -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.

Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sixburgher;953910]Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.[/QUO
I didn't say "Bench" did I?
like I said, rtfm.
who said Benching? I didn't, but if he ain't healthy then why gamble even more, ?

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I didn't say "Bench" did I?
like I said, rtfm.

Then exactly WTF do you mean by playing Batch instead of Ben? Not too hard to figure out, genius.

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
comon'
If Ben is not quite HEALTHY, u wanna gamble with his health? -thats obviously a marketing question too ?
If not, then put BATCH in. Read the post man
-thats what I explained.
But I know, you didn't like that "money" thing I mentioned, regarding BEN -it's ok, it comes outta ALL our pockets.

Ok yeah you didn't explicitly say bench Ben but you did suggest that putting Batch in would have been better which is nonsense when you look at their track records. Ben's health? Why play him at all if there's any doubt about his health. These guys are football players. No the money thing was stupid logic on your part implying that the other guys dislike Ben because he makes more money than them. That doesn't explain why then why Starks counts Roethlisberger as a good friend, same thing with Colon. Yeah he probably is overpaid a bit but most athletes are and it's not like Ben hasn't been a constant in us making trips back to the SB. We made one trip between 1980 and 2005 to the SB. Since Ben's been the starter we've made three and won two of them. You do the math man.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Bench him a week after tossing 5 touchdown passes. Brilliant.

You mean last-weeks fluke ?
I'm waiting, Ben can do/be a lot better than this. 'maybe we'll do better against tougher teams now, 'cause that's what comin'.

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
You mean last-weeks fluke ?
I'm waiting, Ben can do/be a lot better than this. 'maybe we'll do better against tougher teams now, 'cause that's what comin'.

Yeah, Batch, with his immobilty and body made of glass, gives us a much better chance of winning, particularly behind this craptastic offensive line, right? Pull your head out.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok yeah you didn't explicitly say bench Ben but you did suggest that putting Batch in would have been better which is nonsense when you look at their track records. Ben's health? Why play him at all if there's any doubt about his health. These guys are football players. No the money thing was stupid logic on your part implying that the other guys dislike Ben because he makes more money than them. That doesn't explain why then why Starks counts Roethlisberger as a good friend, same thing with Colon. Yeah he probably is overpaid a bit but most athletes are and it's not like Ben hasn't been a constant in us making trips back to the SB. We made one trip between 1980 and 2005 to the SB. Since Ben's been the starter we've made three and won two of them. You do the math man.

1./ you do agree, that Ben's OVERPAID a bit too much ?
ok, we're gettin somewhere.
2./ Batch saved the 1st 3 games of last year, almost 4 ! , that's how we got to the SB last year (whatever, actually early this year) against GB. Batch came thru' when we needed him, and, when Ben wasn't even there.
3./ Batch didn't throw the Int in the SB against GB, that cost us that SB -that, my friend was all on Ben. Mendy also played a part... but anyway. -Just ask Harrison about that ?
4./ as far as 2005/2008 goes ?, Cowher left the SB groundwork for this team, but LeBeau ("D") capitalized on it, as history has proven, in 2008 SB.
and again, facts.

harrison'samonster
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
a couple of years ago I would have agreed that resting Ben so that he could get healthier would have been a good idea. At this point though, I don't think Batch has much of a chance in competing for a win. He kind of reminds me of Maddox at the end of his career. I still think he's a great guy and a good back-up, just not a guy you can stick in a game just so Roethlisberger can rest.

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 04:58 PM
2./ Batch saved the 1st 3 games of last year, almost 4 ! , that's how we got to the SB last year (whatever, actually early this year) against GB. Batch came thru' when we needed him, and, when Ben wasn't even there.
3./ Batch didn't throw the Int in the SB against GB, that cost us that SB -that, my friend was all on Ben. Mendy also played a part... but anyway. -Just ask Harrison about that ?

1. They're all overpaid. What a revelation.

2. Uh, no, Batch started the Ravens game only, which we LOST. Leftwich and Dixon started the other three.

3. We don't get back in the game against Green Bay in the Super Bowl if Batch starts. In fact, we don't get to the Super Bowl at all.

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 05:00 PM

Honestly everyone's a little overpaid. And are you forgetting that Dixon was the starter in two of those games last year. I am not knocking Batch dude. I love him as a backup but I don't think he has it for the whole season. And frankly I think even he agrees with that which is why he's stayed here and didn't pursue other starting opportunties. And yeah Ben struggled in the Super Bowl last year but remember this, he also played a role in getting us back in the game. which I doubt Batch could have done. And the D wasn't exactly blameless in the game either since Rodgers played very well against them. The SB was a team loss. It sucked and still gnaws at me but blaming Ben and Mendy alone for the loss is moronic.

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 05:02 PM

2. Uh, no, Batch started the Ravens game only, which we LOST. Leftwich and Dixon started the other three.

3. We don't get back in the game against Green Bay in the Super Bowl if Batch starts. In fact, we don't get to the Super Bowl at all.

Batch started the Tampa game last year and did a nice job too but that's semantics really since your points are right. Batch is what he is, a solid back up but not the guy you want starting on a consistent basis. I liken him to a good relief pitcher in baseball. Doesn't have the stuff to go through a whole game or in Chaz's case the whole season but he's there when you need him.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM

-> yet again, U misquoted. I didn't say everyone is overpaid, dude READ !!! -gawd I could only wish everyone was overpaid -including you and me.

-> Batch helped win the 1st 3 outta 4 games last year, 'cause Ben was out for "those" reasons' (hint, hint nod, nod) -nice start -case CLOSED now.

...and unfortunately bud, that, we will never know now, -revelation ?
:)

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
...and unfortunately bud, that, we will never know now, -revelation ?
:)

You think Batch has the strength to stay out of Suggs grasp long enough to get rid of the ball in Baltimore? You think Batch makes that 58 yard pass to Brown? Dream on.

SH-Rock
10-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Someone give me a steel pipe. I all "break" Ben's leg.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 05:52 PM
You think Batch has the strength to stay out of Suggs grasp long enough to get rid of the ball in Baltimore? You think Batch makes that 58 yard pass to Brown? Dream on.

So how did we do against Raven's lately ?
what, 6 Ben - caused Int's to shamefully lose that game.?
uh ya, dats what I thought.

The ben.,com bandwagon is LONG over now. lets all get over it now.
It's high time, he plays the way we paid him for, and it ain't just air-it-out-ariens.
Ben is no west-coast Montana, Ben ain't NO gunslinger either. Ben also, is definitely NO John Elway, even though in the past he may have idolized him.? who freekin' cares.
Ben, is more like Bradshaw than he tends to pridefully want to admit. and that may very well be what He has to deal with.
Steelers are a FULL team -ain't no "special" Bollywood actors here.
a Steelers QB is simply a part of an intricate Offense that delivers' when least expected, all the time. -hence those 1st 4 lovely SB's,
and hense that untouchable strength.
The greedy management and agents (today) play a horrible and greedy part in NOT understanding these things.
Ben, can, and I hope will rise above those monetary commotons and DELIVER !
LeBeau and the new Steelers' "D" obviously have risen above this. It's time Ben does too.
Lets all "STOP" babying Ben. -lol/
It's just common-sense Football 101

Batch showed real guts, and played solidly when asked to.

-> There is NO Million-Dollar Man here ppl. There never was -Lol
get over it -Ben is just part of the real deal Steelers -nuhin' more, and nuthin' less.
Many stopppid outside forces come to play -and that FALLS blame to ALL the coaching staff, ...

I've been a Steelers Fan, all my life, because of those good values, and not despite them.
:tt04:

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
So how did we do against Raven's lately ?
uh ya, dats what I thought.

About as well as Batch did when he started against them last year. In other words, a loss. If you think Batch is on the same level as Ben as a QB, I'm sorry, but you're retarded.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
About as well as Batch did when he started against them last year. In other words, a loss. If you think Batch is on the same level as Ben as a QB, I'm sorry, but you're retarded.

Once again ! Lol, Batch won the 1st 3 Games last year, when Ben was suspended !
I dunno, comon. there's no magic there, Batch helped pave that road to the SB last year that Ben threw away - literally. !

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
I dunno, comon. there's no magic there, Batch helped pave that road to the SB last year that Ben threw away - literally. !

How did Batch win those games, exactly, especially when Dixon started two of them? If Roethlisberger would have been out for the entire season, the 2010 Steelers would've been lucky to finish 9-7, never mind get to the Super Bowl.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
How did Batch win those games, exactly, especially when Dixon started two of them? If Roethlisberger would have been out for the entire season, the 2010 Steelers would've been lucky to finish 9-7, never mind get to the Super Bowl.

But we did get to the SB -thats my point.

Sixburgher
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
But we did get to the SB -thats my point.

Yes, with Ben starting 75% of the games and both playoff games leading up to it. Jesus, I may as well go talk to a brick wall.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm also wondering the Ben,,com bandwagon is finally over. Injury or not.
He will be treated on his accomplishments and merits, ..., as HE should be, just like any other Steelers' layer, no exemptions, you wanna manage -then manage right ?

I for one, am happy for this.
Injuries, ?
then play it safe, why risk more injuries to our "star" QB.
But hang on.
So uhmmm, what exact "injury" did ben have lately?
-hairline crack?, bad sprain ...?, I mean, the way he ran kinda makes me wonder what marketing "injury" is called these days ?
-as opposed to a "real" injury ?
mmmm.

SteelCityMom
10-16-2011, 06:20 PM

First off, Dixon started the first game against Atlanta last year. Batch stepped in the second game, when Dixon was hurt (and "won" the game with a whooping 25 yards passing and 0 TDs on 11 attempts) against the Titans. Batch started and won the third game against TB, then started and lost against the Ravens (with less than 150 yds passing). How all that equates to Batch winning the 1st 3 games last year is way beyond me. And honestly, for someone who praises the D as much as they do, it surprises me that you don't give sole credit to them for those wins (holding the first 3 teams to 13 or less points).

Yeah...Batch really helped pave the road to that SB. :blah:

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
All I'm syaing id the Ben,,com bandwagon is finally over.
He will be treated on his accomplichments and merits, ..., as HE should be, just like any other Steelers, no exemptions, you wanna manage -then manage right ?

I for amd happy for this. Injuries, then play it safe, why risk more injuries to our "star" QB.
But hang on.
So uhmmm, what exact "injury" did ben have ?
-hairline crack?, bad sprain ...?, I mean, the way he ran kinda makes me wonder what marketing "injury" is called -as opposed to a "real" injury ?
mmmm.

What does that even mean? Bandwagon? The guy's been our starter since 2004 and has in that time led us to four conference championship games and two Super Bowl wins. And you still continue to claim that Batch started all four games last year while he was out even though it was Dixon that started the Atlanta and Tennessee games.And Ben with an injured foot is better than Batch full strength. Batch does his job as a back up but I doubt he makes us a playoff team. Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that. I don't even think you know what you're talking about.

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
What does that even mean? Bandwagon? The guy's been our starter since 2004 and has in that time led us to four conference championship games and two Super Bowl wins. And you still continue to claim that Batch started all four games last year while he was out even though it was Dixon that started the Atlanta and Tennessee games.And Ben with an injured foot is better than Batch full strength. Batch does his job as a back up but I doubt he makes us a playoff team. Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that. I don't even think you know what you're talking about.

Once again you'll AGREE -Lol
"...Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that..."

and that's exactly what I have also been saying.
See what I mean,?
I guess I just can't lose, for winning against re:'s like this.?

Kanata-Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:39 PM
First off, Dixon started the first game against Atlanta last year. Batch stepped in the second game, when Dixon was hurt (and "won" the game with a whooping 25 yards passing and 0 TDs on 11 attempts) against the Titans. Batch started and won the third game against TB, then started and lost against the Ravens (with less than 150 yds passing). How all that equates to Batch winning the 1st 3 games last year is way beyond me. And honestly, for someone who praises the D as much as they do, it surprises me that you don't give sole credit to them for those wins (holding the first 3 teams to 13 or less points).

Yeah...Batch really helped pave the road to that SB. :blah:

The point is, even without BEN (aka first few games last year) the "team" did good.
what?
argue with that ?, cry about it?, I dunno.
But, Its NOT JUST about BEN !!!, and really, it probably never really was, I'm sry to say it. but ya it's true.

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Once again you'll AGREE -Lol
"...Some guys are perfectly suited for the backup QB position and Batch at this point in his career is suited to that..."

and that's exactly what I have also been saying.
See what I mean,?
I guess I just can't lose, for winning against re:'s like this.?

Okay, maybe I just got confused because I interpreted your first post as implying that we'd be better off with Batch in there. If that wasn't your point, I apologize for reading that wrong. Batch is a good back up which I think most agree on. And yeah Ben struggled in the second half today but he was doing awfully good that first half. I don't think it's the injury affecting him. Didn't hurt him last week obviously.

SteelCityMom
10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
The point is, even without BEN (aka first few games last year) the "team" did good.
what?
argue with that ?, cry about it?, I dunno.
Its NOT JUST about BEN !!! I'm really sry to say it. but ya it's true.

Why would I argue or cry about it? :noidea: I was happy about it lol.

This is the first time you brought up "team" though. Just a few posts ago, you were saying Batch won those games.

Nice attempt at deflecting the fact that you were wrong though, I guess.

You are the one that started this little rant about Ben and Batch...or have you forgotten already? Oh, and pointing out that Ben is a better starting QB than Batch does NOT mean you are some kind of Ben fanboy (or girl) that is incapable of criticizing him when he plays poorly. It simply means that Ben is a better starter than Batch. So you can lay off the "ben.com" and "bandwagon" statements, cause they just make you look ridiculous.

thebus36idf
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM

I started this post to make the point that Ben actually played better hurt. I left watched the game came back here, and I think I slipped through some time warp back to 2006 or something. With the Batch/Ben talk

Ben was obviously healthier today because Arians was right back to form in the second half. It was like Arians used the first half to see how Ben's foot was, and once he decided it was a O.K. he regressed right back to the style of offense that got Ben hurt in the first place. Does anyone know how much of the change would be Ben's decision, and How much would be Arians?

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
[

I started this post to make the point that Ben actually played better hurt. I left watched the game came back here, and I think I slipped through some time warp back to 2006 or something. With the Batch/Ben talk

Ben was obviously healthier today because Arians was right back to form in the second half. It was like Arians used the first half to see how Ben's foot was, and once he decided it was a O.K. he regressed right back to the style of offense that got Ben hurt in the first place. Does anyone know how much of the change would be Ben's decision, and How much would be Arians?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know you weren't arguing for Batch over Ben here so no worries. And hell it does seem he plays better with adversity. I am sure you remember the second Baltimore game last year. Ngata breaks his nose and what does he do? Leads the team to a victory on the road against the hated Ravens. I think you're right that he was healthier but I think something's lingering. He's just missing those guys deep. I think part of the problem was Ben himself and the execution of those plays but Arians can't get unblamed since I think he was too happy to go with those. one thing to go with it once or twice but he went with it too often and I think it killed momeum. Bummer. I think Ben will be ok though.

thebus36idf
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah I know you weren't arguing for Batch over Ben here so no worries. And hell it does seem he plays better with adversity. I am sure you remember the second Baltimore game last year. Ngata breaks his nose and what does he do? Leads the team to a victory on the road against the hated Ravens. I think you're right that he was healthier but I think something's lingering. He's just missing those guys deep. I think part of the problem was Ben himself and the execution of those plays but Arians can't get unblamed since I think he was too happy to go with those. one thing to go with it once or twice but he went with it too often and I think it killed momeum. Bummer. I think Ben will be ok though.[/QUOTE]

I think he has an impessive record playing injured. Yep definitly killed momentum