PDA

View Full Version : not high on omar jacobs?

tony hipchest
06-10-2006, 03:58 PM
give him three years learning from m. whipple and big ben and hes the #1 back-up in the league:

http://media3.steelers.com/article/63962/

siss
06-10-2006, 04:02 PM
He'll be trade bait in a couple of years.

TP43
06-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm lovin Omar. I hope he reaches his full potential while playing for us, and that we get something good in return for him when he's ready to be a starter. Obviously, he's not gonna wait forever.

slashsteel
06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
In this league you need two good RB's three good receivers, and two good QB's. I am hoping he overtakes Batch within a year.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
give him three years learning from m. whipple and big ben and hes the #1 back-up in the league:

Dude I'm a big fan of the Mac. So I was a fan of Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwhich and of course Ben in college. So I watched and followed Omar Jacobs at Bowling Green. I think Jacobs has as much upside at the mentioned QBs above. I don't think Jacobs will ever unseat Ben as the Steelers starter. But as last year taught you need three QB's. Since Ben, Tommy and Batch all started games last year.

Also when Ben's contract is up. Will he remain a Steeler? I hope so I don't ever want to see Ben in another teams uniform. So you always need to prepare for the future just incase of injury or if a player leaves. Omar has the chance to sit and learn this year. Which is good for him. I see him next year challenging for he backup role.

Ohio Steeler
06-11-2006, 12:02 AM

not to sure about that the MAC has produced alot of damn good NFL QB's over the past few years

Indy_Steelers
06-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I liked him since i first saw an interview with him before the star of the 05 season and it was a good interview. he seems to be a good guy as well as a good QB.

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-11-2006, 07:47 AM
We can afford to let him learn from one of the best... plus with the 'locks flowing from under the helmet (ala Troy) he's sure to be a winner! :bouncy:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2006, 08:27 AM

Exactly...We will have Ben, and one of those teams who never have a REAL starting QB (Detroit,Cleveland,Tampa Bay... ) will drool all over themselves trying to get him.

MichiSteeler
06-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I was kind of mixed seeing us draft Omar Jacobs. Its not that i didnt like him, i REALLY liked him, he was one of my favorite overall prospects. Its just, i kinda wanted him to go somewhere where he'll be the starter in maybe 2-3 years. But atleast we will have a reliable backup.

BB2W
06-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Jacobs would have been the steal of the draft if the Steelers needed a quarterback. I think if he would have stayed in college he would've been a first round pick in next years draft.

CowherLover
06-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Jacobs would have been the steal of the draft if the Steelers needed a quarterback. I think if he would have stayed in college he would've been a first round pick in next years draft.
I agree, I know he lost everyone around him on the offnesive side of the ball but damn, if he could've stuck it out one more year he would've been sittin pretty. On th flip side, we have him, who knows what we'll actually do with him, and no other AFC team has a chance to use him as a threat
against us like many teams would LOVE to do.

I grew up in a cornfield about 20 miles SW of BG so anyone who came from that area has my support. I hope Omar stays, I don't care what position they put him in, although he might. I know the kind of work ethic that's instilled in you in that area. Nothing is ever given to you whether you're a farmer, waitress, or college student who happens to be a football player. I used to be a waitress at the Frisch's Big Boy across the street from Falcon's Stadium in 1988 and those guys couldn't even get a free shake! Man, I'm so glad I moved to Columbus!

Haiku_Dirtt
06-12-2006, 02:21 PM

As of today I hope to God you are right. He may not have 3 years.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I loved the Jacobs pick when it happened. I it love so much more now. Jacobs has as much upside as the other bigtime Mac QB's to get drafted before him in years past. The only reason Jacobs slid to the fifth was an injured shoulder. During the 2004 season Jacobs threw 41 TD's and only 4 INT's.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I loved the Jacobs pick when it happened. I it love so much more now. Jacobs has as much upside as the other bigtime Mac QB's to get drafted before him in years past. The only reason Jacobs slid to the fifth was an injured shoulder. During the 2004 season Jacobs threw 41 TD's and only 4 INT's.