PDA

View Full Version : Legursky down AGAIN

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Good grief. Again - what is with these o-linemen? If we make it through 1 game this year without an o-lineman going down I'll be shocked. Ben has even stated that "It seems our guys go down more often than other teams."

This is a broken record but what is everyone's thoughts? We've discussed conditioning but even before Kugler we have had issues.

truesteelerfan
10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
injuries will happen...unless goodell gets his way and players play the game...but don't touch eachother

55BaileyFan
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Just a dislocated toe.

Gilbert and Kemo could be back as early as next week though. I am confused why Jamon Meredith hasn't got any playing time with all the injuries though. If Essex goes down, he will be the the last active roster lineman we have and you think he should get some playing time while there are still an extra lineman or two.

shaner82
10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I think part of the problem is that they are being driven into each other far more than other teams Olinemen, which causes them to trip over eachother, trip over the other teams players, etc. While most linemen hold their ground, ours are often being driven back, which is an injury waiting to happen.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
That's what I've been thinking too - always see them tripping over each other. It doesn't help that some of their first reactions re to step backwards when bull rushed. BTW - I missed what had happened to Troy - what's going on there?

GMU Steeler
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
That's what I've been thinking too - always see them tripping over each other. It doesn't help that some of their first reactions re to step backwards when bull rushed. BTW - I missed what had happened to Troy - what's going on there?

Troy,. Tomlin said may have had a concussion. And they kept him out for precautionary reasons Hopefully he's ok. No idea what it is with our O-line. We seem to get a guy on it injured every week which ain't good.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks - I was in the middle of cookin' so I didn't get a chance to see press conference. Yea - not a good time to see Troy sit out. We need to find some ways to at least go 3-1 while being smart with him. Having him healthy for long haul is more important. (If we are lucky enough to be in it for the long haul that is)

kirklandrules
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
I am confused why Jamon Meredith hasn't got any playing time with all the injuries though.

Probably because they picked him up in an alley playing craps and never figured they'd need him.

jwmann2
10-16-2011, 11:49 PM
The injuries are going to happen. Some teams are going to be riddled by injuries during one year and then another the next year. Look at the Bengals in 2008, I think they had 25 players go on the DL that season. Good thing is that when injuries happen you find out what your reserves are all about and some players end up making a name for themselves.

steelfury02
10-17-2011, 09:25 AM
word

shaner82
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
The injuries are going to happen. Some teams are going to be riddled by injuries during one year and then another the next year. Look at the Bengals in 2008, I think they had 25 players go on the DL that season. Good thing is that when injuries happen you find out what your reserves are all about and some players end up making a name for themselves.

True, but it seems like every year it's our Olinemen that get injured. Even with bad luck, it can't keep happening every single year unless something is causing those injuries. Our linemen are generally big and not overly athletic (with the exception of Pouncey), so when they get bull-rushed into the backfield, which seems to happen a lot, it's just an injury waiting to happen.

steelfury02
10-17-2011, 10:29 AM
We all discuss how Ben seems to play better with that boot/injured. Maybe we just need to take a preemptive approach with the o-line and get some boots and braces on their legs, maybe they'll feel like the terminator with the extra gear?

In all seriousness though it is mind boggling. Ugh.

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
At the very least, we're going to have a lot of different units that got real game-time together. So while we may not have one solidary unit that had an entire season to gel, it should still help especially since with all the injuries it's unlikely we would have ever had that one unit to count on anyways.

Ideally, we'll have three sets of guys we can trust to make sure Ben isn't taking snaps from a wheelchair come December.

Brett Cottrell
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
You'd think they're playing on roller skates, without rollers or skates...or pads for that matter.

steelfury02
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd hate to see Ben have to take the Sean Payton Approach:
http://thepigskindoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/seanpayton.jpg

"Hines, I'll be on the lawn chair in the shotgun formation. Do a reverse and I'll flip it behind my head."