PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunities

tanda10506
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
So far I am pretty happy about the game, especially the defense. I don't want to go into specifics in case things end up going the other way with those specifics, but I will say I think we got this game sealed and have looked good doing it. Seems like the o line took a step back though whe Essix replaced Legursky. Another thing that concerns me is we are starting to throw long alot again. Now the o line is giving enough time and the receivers are getting open, but I just don't like us going back to that. So far though my main concern is how many deep, possible TD passes Ben has missed. It's 17-3 as I type, but it could easily be 31-3 if Ben would have made just two of the 5 throws he missed, and missed bad. When we play good teams like the Pats and Ratbirds we won't get 5 chances at 40+ yard plays, Ben has to make them and it worries me that he's not. Overall we are playing good and I dont wan't to sound like I am complaining, but we have missed the chances to seal this game, and now the jags are still in it.

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
once again let em hang around. i dont get the game plan in this game tday. especialy the 2 minute warning play.

tanda10506
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
I understood it in the first half. Ben missed again on 3rd down and now we are punting in a 17-10 game.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd like to have seen at least another touchdown by the time we headed into the 4th quarter. The offense came out hot and now is crapping the bed. We are a mistake away from a tied game - all speculative but a better team would have been absolutely stomping them by now.

Once again - regardless of win - we aren't able to put together two dominating wins in a row.

As I type - Ben is sacked and ball is loose. Oh yea - there is that Mathis guy too. This is getting uncomfortable.

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
today Ben has time to throw and still cant connect. things are heading south fast.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh crap - Sepulveda's over kick now has Jags at their own 47 to start. Troy is sitting out the series. This smells bad. Real bad. WTF?!?!?!? Even if we win - I think I'll safely call the Titans game a blip rather than part of a rising trend, unfortunately.

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I'd like to have seen at least another touchdown by the time we headed into the 4th quarter. The offense came out hot and now is crapping the bed. We are a mistake away from a tied game - all speculative but a better team would have been absolutely stomping them by now.

Once again - regardless of win - we aren't able to put together two dominating wins in a row.

As I type - Ben is sacked and ball is loose. Oh yea - there is that Mathis guy too. This is getting uncomfortable.

pretty much sums up how this seasons going...... what the second quarter collapses rearing its ugly head again......:banging:

tanda10506
10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
The offense has just given up. At the half it had that blow out feel, and probably cause Ben missed two touchdowns and it should have been a 31-3 game. If this was a playoff game I would say we were paid at the half to take a dive. 1 for 10 and missing bad on scoreable long passes, if it were the playoffs I would be saying that. The defense is stillvplaying great. It sucks to blow out a bad team in the first half and then screw up so bad that the next day the paper reads "Nail biter in Pittsburgh". I can't explain my anger right now.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
17 to 13. Nothing like looking like a very sub-par 3-3 team or a very mediocre 4-2. These guys have completely fell asleep on offense in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't be shocked if we lost at Arizona next week. We are NOT ready for the Pats at home.

Re on Ben with protection - yup, Ben has been inaccurate at best in the 2nd half.

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
i totaly agree with you. im just in all right now on how well this game was going in the first half and how bad it has turned in the second......Seems like its always the whole team follows suit....Maybe some ons head got to big in the first half!

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
id almost bet some one thought this game was gonna be easier than last week. Cant wait to hear Tomlins post game :blah:

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I think Arians said - "Wait a second - we've had 1 1/2 games of great play on offense. This is just too much success for my liking. It's time to out think myself and get that great uncomfortable feeling back. I'm hoping we can win this 17 to 13 instead of 31-10. It should be ok now that I'm gonna go with a ton of shotguns and empty set backfields."

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:53 PM
I think Arians said - "Wait a second - we've had 1 1/2 games of great play on offense. This is just too much success for my liking. It's time to out think myself and get that great uncomfortable feeling back. I'm hoping we can win this 17 to 13 instead of 31-10. It should be ok now that I'm gonna go with a ton of shotguns and empty set backfields."

my advise is to start drinking heavily.....:rofl:

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:53 PM
GREAT - just what I wanted. Jacksonville with the ball last and a minute to go. Here comes the corner getting caught with the double move. UGH I hate that. Oh wait "Fear Beard" got em! Cmon you beautiful bearded b*stard!

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Yea - I need some beer. Instead of on here chatting away while I watch them finish the blowout I'm caught with butterflies as they have it at the Pitt 48. Stupid Hail Mary to end the game. We won - but this isn't comforting.

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry no freakin game ball givin out today.......

shaner82
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Ariens should get the game ball. He bet the under and he made damn sure he won his bet. Good job Brucie

tanda10506
10-16-2011, 04:56 PM
The defense stayed pretty solid all game. I know they gave up 10 points in the 2nd half but that's not too bad considering they were on the field pretty much the whole second half. The defense played well, got a lot of sacks, and kept playing with intensity. This game could have been a blow out like the first half, and the first half should of at least been 21-3. If they would have closed like I thought, combined with such a great game last week, I would say we are ready for a great team. I do feel like that with the defense, but I just flat don't know what happened with the offense. The play calling got away from quick passes and the O line didn't do to great run blocking, but Ben had plenty of times and should have scored at least twice. He had the time and usually when he has the time he's real accurate, not today. Realistically, and I love Ben and am always defending him, maybe even to homer status, but he's the reason we didn't blow that game out. Even with the bad play calling receivers were open and open deep.

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I think after a half night of great sleep, Ben probably started farting too much and his wife demoted him to the sofa for the remainder of the night. Hence - 1 great half and 1 not so great. :thumbsup:

stb_steeler
10-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I think after a half night of great sleep, Ben probably started farting too much and his wife demoted him to the sofa for the remainder of the night. Hence - 1 great half and 1 not so great. :thumbsup:

lol... his wife prolly said something bad about arians, so ben sent her ass to the couch!

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I can see it now: "Ben honey, can you cut it out on the Big Ben BBQ sauce? You are stinkin' me out! And another thing - you better make sure Bruce doesn't call too many of those long bomb plays - you guys need to stick with what works. That guy can be such an idiot!"

"You don't talk that way about Brucey! You either get on that couch right now or I'm gonna' tell him all the mean things you just said! And If we wanna throw long throws to Mikey and keep the other team in the game well that's what we'll do. Don't tell me how to do my job!"

steelfury02
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
talk about missed opportunities - Dallas is basically in progress of missing a huge opportunity to beat New England. Up by 3 with under 3:00 left and they had the ball. Didn't do squat and now NE has it in their territory. You know darn well NE will win this game now.

Can you imagine the Steelers having this kind of shot at the end of the game? Wait - don't answer that.