PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers Vs Cardinals Game

Deserei90
10-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone else a little worried about this game? Okay, the Cards are composed of mostly former Steelers and they know our personnel and schemes probably better than anyone in the league. Does anyone see this being a problem for the Steelers Next Sunday? Personally, I see it, but it depends if The Steelers are up for the challenge. I'm sure they know this as well.

WickedSteel
10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
They will be handicapped from the get go due to the west coast trip as they usually are and I also have a feeling that this will be the game that Kolb has his coming out party. I think Fitzgerald will chew the secondary up and that the pass rushers will have a hard time getting to Kolb. They are coming off of their bye and Wells has been running good lately.

These are the kinds of games that the Steelers seemingly fall on their face and look like slugs out there and let and inferior team dominate them. Add to the fact that Arians' penchant for the deep ball will probably result in a couple INTs to the opportunistic Cards secondary and this game spells trouble.

Deserei90
10-16-2011, 09:19 PM
They will be handicapped from the get go due to the west coast trip as they usually are and I also have a feeling that this will be the game that Kolb has his coming out party. I think Fitzgerald will chew the secondary up and that the pass rushers will have a hard time getting to Kolb. They are coming off of their bye and Wells has been running good lately.

These are the kinds of games that the Steelers seemingly fall on their face and look like slugs out there and let and inferior team dominate them. Add to the fact that Arians' penchant for the deep ball will probably result in a couple INTs to the opportunistic Cards secondary and this game spells trouble.I agree. That's why I'm not looking forward to it. Arizona, then New England? It's going to get tougher:banging:

ETL
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
When you ask "worried" - are you asking whether we can lose this game?

Absolutely!. Any given sunday, we can lose to any team. I learned that when an expansion Houston Texans team beat the Steelers 24-6 here in Pittsburgh when we outgained them 400 - 150.

But that works both ways - we can beat teams that we were not "supposed" to beat.

So basically I sit back and enjoy the process. (Damn, if I knew the outcome already, life would be so boring)

Fire Arians
10-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Everytime we play in the desert I'm expecting a letdown game. Hopefully doesn't happen though

tony hipchest
10-16-2011, 11:46 PM
no be escared....

its the cardinals.

we will destroy them.

ggoldman
10-16-2011, 11:53 PM

These are the kinds of games that the Steelers seemingly fall on their face and look like slugs out there and let and inferior team dominate them. Add to the fact that Arians' penchant for the deep ball will probably result in a couple INTs to the opportunistic Cards secondary and this game spells trouble.

Opportunistic Cards secondary?? Their secondary is terrible. I see this game as our first with an INT by a DB. Kolb tries to force a lot of throws, and will pay for it

jwmann2
10-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Anyone else a little worried about this game? Okay, the Cards are composed of mostly former Steelers and they know our personnel and schemes probably better than anyone in the league. Does anyone see this being a problem for the Steelers Next Sunday? Personally, I see it, but it depends if The Steelers are up for the challenge. I'm sure they know this as well.

I'll answer that question with another question. How confident were you with the Steelers performance today against the Jaguars?

WickedSteel
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM
There is the problem. There used to be a time when I was confident that the Steelers offense could put points on the board with the best of them and the D can shut down anyone.

The way things are going this year I have no confidence that this team can beat the Rams when they play them later this season.

Deserei90
10-17-2011, 12:21 AM
I'll answer that question with another question. How confident were you with the Steelers performance today against the Jaguars?Confident the first half of the game. Blood pressure sky rocket in the second half! I guess not too:noidea:

Steel_Bus_24
10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
on another note... wtf, we get two teams in a row with a bye before we play them

BritishSteel
10-17-2011, 07:41 AM

The west coast trip isn't ideal nor is facing them after a bye week, but I'm not sure why our pass rushers would have much of a problem getting at Kolb, their O-line makes ours look pro-bowl-worthy. I'd hope that we'd be after Kolb early and often.

Wells, that's a different issue - though we held Jones-Drew, a better runner than Wells, to under 100 yards yesterday. The Cards are 1-5 on merit, and we should be good enough to beat them.....but it depends on which Steeler team turns up. we lose to the Cards, I suspect it'll be because we beat ourselves.

steelfury02
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
The only scenario that makes me comfortable is that Ben and co. will be looking to redeem themselves on offense after crapping the bed in the 2nd half.

"Gee golly whiz those 30-40 yard throws might not be a good idea after all when we are only up by 2 touchdowns - we shoulda' kept usin' what was workin paw..."

I'm still waitin for some dang forced fumbles and ints on defense! Of course, they should play it safe with Troy, but if he isn't in that likelihood went waaaaay down.

I've stated before about these next 4 being quite the gauntlet before the bye but like you've all stated - I think it will be our offense turning it over that loses it - not the Cards being able to put it to us.

Bottom line - I think we win or lose by a thin margin and it will be much like the Jacksonville game where we still won't feel comfortable with the W. Ike will want to redeem himself so I don't see Fitz having a lot of TDs. Can he get some yards? Yup - but I don't see him being the deciding factor. When we get beat by the pass, it is usually because of stupid tight ends and dump offs burning us.

SlackerCSB
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
When was the last time we beat an NFC West team on the road? Maybe the 49ers under Kordell? We always let down in these west coast games.

You also have to factor in Whisenhunt. He's still sore he was passed over for the Steelers job, and this game will be his personal Super Bowl for the 1-4 Cardinals.

When I saw the vegas line opened at only -3, I knew we were in trouble.

I hope I'm wrong...

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I think Tomlin knows the importance of this game with the Patriots coming into town the following week.

The Steelers should be able to pour it on against this team. I could be playing tackle and they wouldn't be able to get to Ben.

I'd be more worried about this game if we stomped the Jaguars, but I think everyone on the team, and it showed in their post-game comments, knows that the sense of urgency has to pick up and I think it will against the Cards, even if it is only for a few quarters(that might be all we need to put the game away)