PDA

View Full Version : Randle El finds closure

tony hipchest
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
good luck to ya el. it was fun while it lasted.

"I'm always going to have time for Pittsburgh," Randle El said. "The Rooneys always tell me, 'Once a Steeler, always a Steeler.' It means a lot to be back here."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_457444.html

Ambridge
06-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Living in the heart of "Redskinland" I just can't find it in my heart to wish Randle El good tidings.

He doesn't realize it yet but El has joined one of the few teams in the league that is going to be held hostage by mediocre Quarterback play with Mark Brunell and he'll regret not having Ben throwing to him.........and enjoying his once thriving role in Pittsburgh.

I hope the :dollar: are a comfort for you Antwan.

tony hipchest
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM

thats the spirit! i agree with your redskins take though.

MattsMe
06-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I can't blame the guy for taking the money, but I don't see him making the highlight reel too often over there. Randle El's not a the no. 2 receiver he thinks he is, and his punt returns usually left something to be desired.
I think the Redskin's will ruin him by asking too much of him.

noto45
06-10-2006, 08:07 PM
i lost all repect for him. he never wanted to be here long term. I say so long twan!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Randle El is a good person. I actually had the chance to meet him. He is a very nice guy. I also had a friend that played basketball with him when they both went to I.U. So I wish him the best. Also he couldn't pass up the money that he was offered from the Skins. No person in their right mind would do that.

But I will say this El is replaceable. He isn't a number 2 reciever. He is a slot guy. His skills for gadget plays will be missed. But the Steelers have more then enough talent on offense to make up for El.

El will be missed most as a punt returner. He did set the Steelers record for most punt returns for a TD in a career with 4. But with the drafting of Willie Reid I think we will be more then just alright on punt returns. Reid broke Deion Sanders punt return records at Florida State. So Reid could prove to be better then El as a punt returner.

tony hipchest
06-10-2006, 08:45 PM
i think willie reid is a more natural punt returner than el. el was a qb first with exceptional running and receiving skills. he was a little out of position as a returner (as good as he was). reid should be an upgrade eventually.

steelcity984
06-10-2006, 09:04 PM
The Willie Reid pick makes SO much sense... At first I was kind of confused, but now it seems like a perfect pick

Man_Of_Steel
06-10-2006, 09:29 PM
El is and always will be a ****y jerk. Glad he is gone. Most overrated player this FA period.

Ohio Steeler
06-11-2006, 12:01 AM
El is and always will be a ****y jerk. Glad he is gone. Most overrated player this FA period.

I happen to agree, I belive he got a BIG head and it showed

SteelerzGirl
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Well I always liked Randle El. I used to live in Alexandria, VA, in the middle of Redskin territory, and I hate the Redskins! Ugh! I do, however, wish Antwaan the best with his new team.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I always liked Randle El. I used to live in Alexandria, VA, in the middle of Redskin territory, and I hate the Redskins! Ugh! I do, however, wish Antwaan the best with his new team.

I always liked El also. I had the chance to meet El a few years ago and he signed an autograph for me. He is a really nice guy. I wish El the best.

Stlrs4Life
06-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Living in the heart of "Redskinland" I just can't find it in my heart to wish Randle El good tidings.

He doesn't realize it yet but El has joined one of the few teams in the league that is going to be held hostage by mediocre Quarterback play with Mark Brunell and he'll regret not having Ben throwing to him.........and enjoying his once thriving role in Pittsburgh.

I hear ya. I will only miss El for his punt retuns and gadget plays as a QB. He wasn't that good of a WR though. And I remember half way through the season not liking him that much even returning punts, at the time he was either hesitating, or running backwards at first.