PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark

jtbsteeler
10-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Missing tackles and avoiding contact with MJD. What a pussified bum. I'll make sure the local media gets an earful about this guy this week.

solardave
10-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Missing tackles and avoiding contact with MJD. What a pussified bum. I'll make sure the local media gets an earful about this guy this week.
He had a bad game. So what, he's normally solid.:banging:

steeltheone
10-17-2011, 06:15 AM

Clark has no coverage skills anymore. He can still lay the wood on a big hit after catch but is definately a step slower.

jtbsteeler
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM

He was the one getting mushed to the ground by Ray Rice on the first series back on Sept 11. Ryan Clark misses too many tackles. I'd rather he get back to head hunting. He's taking bad angles and is no where to be found in pass coverage.

shaner82
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Ryan Clark was never great in coverage to begin with, hence a lack of interceptions over his career. He's always been a good tackler and a big hitter. Lately though he has been missing tackles. He seems like the rest of the team, just a touch slower this year.

Troy is the same way. Last year he was picking off balls left and right, this year, he's getting there a millisecond too late. I wonder if the team is just tired out from so much football last year. The superbowl hangover isn't a myth, it does affect players, especially older players, and we have a lot of those.

ebsteelers
10-17-2011, 09:47 AM

what do you work for the local media?

clark has a banged up shoulder

jtbsteeler
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
what do you work for the local media?

clark has a banged up shoulder

No.

When Ryan Clark basically won the game for us against B'more in the playoffs last season it was a shock because he made PLAYS that he doesnt usually make. That's says more about him than I could ever do.

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
He'll be alright. Our defense has bent a little early in the year, but they sure aren't breaking any time soon.

He's the best option we have to put back there right now and I trust Clark in big games, that's all you can ask for.

dcsteel5804
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I just rewatched the whole game, and yes, Clark did miss some tackles. But most of the time, it was on MJD, who is one of the strongest backs in the league. He broke alot of tackles. Overall, Clark has a solid game.

tanda10506
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
He's playing like he normally does, he's never been a great coverage guy nor has he been really fast. Good tackling, blowing guys up causing them to drop a pass or fumble, that's where he accels. You can thank Adolf Goodel for the lack of that.

ScreamingEagle
10-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Clark is there for the games against the Ravens in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNj6jUcPN8