PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Gay Meter: +6

ricardisimo
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't know about all of you, but I'm feeling the love for Gay after this last game. :sissies: In almost all of the games, QBs good and bad are largely avoiding him, not necessarily because he inspires fear, but because our weak spots are elsewhere. This last game Ike of all people was more of a weak spot.

Gay was in on some tackles on long runs by MoJo, which shouldn't happen if the ILBs are doing their job, but I'm glad he was there. All in all another solid performance from Gay, who seems to be slowly shedding the "Big Play" moniker - which is a good thing.

:applaudit:

ETL
10-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Ricardisimo. The game was not on Tv here on Chicago so i have not been able to assess Gay's play . However, i will take your assessment of his play.

So far, Gay has proven us right however some Gay Bashers are waiting for the roof cave in when we play the Patriots. I think he will do better than most CBs have done against Welker this year.

GMU Steeler
10-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Ricardisimo. The game was not on Tv here on Chicago so i have not been able to assess Gay's play . However, i will take your assessment of his play.

So far, Gay has proven us right however some Gay Bashers are waiting for the roof cave in when we play the Patriots. I think he will do better than most CBs have done against Welker this year.

His play so far has justified the decision to keep him. His naysayers say oh he hasn't played anyone great yet but he's been doing what's asked him and is a part in why our pass D has been a strength rather than a weakness this year. I think he just needed some time. I don't think Gay's gonna be a star but he's not some bum either.

Steel_Bus_24
10-18-2011, 12:11 AM
All I can say is we'll see....but I think Gronkowski and Hernandez are going to eat him for lunch and box his ass out all over the field........Its imperative we get in Brady's mug for that game

That sitting back and trying to cover bullsh** we tried to do last year will get our DBs embarrassed.

tony hipchest
10-18-2011, 02:38 AM
All I can say is we'll see....but I think Gronkowski and Hernandez are going to eat him for lunch and box his ass out all over the field........Its imperative we get in Brady's mug for that game

That sitting back and trying to cover bullsh** we tried to do last year will get our DBs embarrassed.

the pats te's pretty much eat everybodys lunch. part of what makes their 12 personnel package so successful (besides having one of the most accurate passers in the game) is that when they go to a no huddle/hurry up, they catch a defense in a personnel grouping that is favorable and limits their opportunities to substitute, which creates HUGE mismatches.

very few lb's/cb's or safeties can cover those young studs (along with wes welker) 1-on-1, while trying to generate a legitimate pass rush on tom brady.

if you can, they will gash you with jarvis green, or slowly kill you with a kevin faulk type player.

ignore all the trashing youve heard about belichick on these boards in the past. his offensive scheme is built around creating mismatches far more than capitalizing on a cheaters video tapes.

ebsteelers
10-18-2011, 08:56 AM
BILL GAY BABY!!! check my pre-season predictions on him!!!

hopefully he doesnt go into the negatives after pats game lol

Atlanta Dan
10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
No love for Gay from Gerry Dulac at the P-G

When William Gay is your solution, that means your options aren't very good.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
i ordered a gay jersey off the internet and they sent me this....

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/sf/a/images/brady.jersey.jpg

ricardisimo
10-19-2011, 05:12 PM
No love for Gay from Gerry Dulac at the P-G

When William Gay is your solution, that means your options aren't very good.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers
Would you be kind enough to copy and paste at least the pertinent discussion/paragraph/Q&A this line came from? That's a pay site you posted.

Fire Arians
10-19-2011, 07:00 PM

:rofl:

harrison'samonster
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

that's hilarious. I guess you should have been more specific.

I didn't get to see the Jacksonville game, but I've been more than happy with Gay this year

Fire Arians
10-21-2011, 01:54 PM
i wonder if carnell lake has been the difference in the secondary. since he became the db coach the secondary has been playing closer to the LoS. maybe he convinced lebeau that they need to play up a little bit?

ricardisimo
10-21-2011, 02:06 PM
i wonder if carnell lake has been the difference in the secondary. since he became the db coach the secondary has been playing closer to the LoS. maybe he convinced lebeau that they need to play up a little bit?
Maybe, but as I recall BMac was giving the same cushion during his limited time. Some of it might be up to the player. :noidea: