PDA

View Full Version : Out on a limb, and it's breaking.

Bayz101
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Cardinals-W
Patriots-W
Ravens-W
Bengals-L
Chiefs-W
Bengals-W
Browns-W
49'ers-L
Rams-W
Browns-W

I am really, really stupid. Or i'm a genius. Proabably ignorant for even making such assumptions. You know, they do say, Never assume, because when you do, you make an ass out of you, and me.

e.g (ASSuME)

But anywho. Your thoughts on this?

Bayz101
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Also, this, by no means, is an educated post by myself. I just posted off the top of my head.

steelerjim58
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Well I certainly hope you are wrong ( and I think you are ) about the 49er game, because I will be there. Also, I think we will beat the Bengals. The Ravens is a toss up. And while nothing would please me more than to beat the patriots, unless Coach Lebeau comes up with one hellacious game plan, I just do not see it happening.

Fire Arians
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM
i wouldnt mind that outcome. it will mean 12-4 and not getting swept by ravens. also any win vs NE is good :P

tanda10506
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
The pats strong point is passing, usually our biggest weakness is pass defense, that's the main reason NE tears us up so bad. This year our pass d is playing well, we are covering well and calling dime coverages that are working. Woodley and Keisel are getting pressure. Our offense can score this year and I think we can beat NE. The Baltimore game is what's important, we will probably have equal records. That's our rival, we need payback to have 100% confidence, and they will have a better divisional record then us if we don't beat them. Problem is, IMHO, they look too strong for us AT THIS POINT. I really really want to beat Brady, but I would definetly take 3-1 out of the next 4, beating the ratbirds and losing to the pats.

plenewken
10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Based on how the Steelers have played so far this season, 10-6 is more realistic and I'll be happy with that, especially if it gets us a wild-card. 8W and 2L to finish the reg season is a pipe dream IMO but I hope I'm wrong.

skinart82
10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't see beating New England and the ravens and then losing to the bengals. If they can beat NE and the rat birds back to back then they can beat anybody.

steelfury02
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
I basically see us beating Ariz, Balt and Cincy while losing to New England. HOWEVER - what could be weird is having the same record as Baltimore at the very end of the season and losing the division to common opponents aka - That Texans loss could really bite us badly. Hey - i hope we make it down to the wire like that - it means we have turned things around.

I'm thinking We'll head into bye at 7-3. And then lose a couple games we shouldn't like we always seem to do. I forsee at least 1 loss after the bye - and honestly, if that means it gets them refocused I'd rather it happen than go on a regular season tear and be gassed for the playoffs.

If we barely make it in - this team is not capable of going into a hostile environment, namely Balt and NE and winning in the playoffs. We really, REALLY need the bye. I doubt we sniff the #1 seed, would be floored if we got #2, happy with a home wildcard game and advance and pray for things to fall our way.

Going 4-0 before bye would be H-U-G-E and I'm going on record right now saying that if we do that - we will be a better team than last season. Otherwise, pray we win at least 3 and 1 of them is Bmore and somehow snag the division.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2011, 04:27 PM
In addition to the New England loss, the Steelers will screw up at least one road game other than the loss at San Francisco

Best case scenario 11-5/10-6 more likely - that should make a wild card but maybe not

SmashmouthFootball
10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Every single game is winnable, and just a tiny bit of luck, good or bad, can swing your record by 2 or more games. The Steelers have gone into gauntlets like this (NE, Balt) before and a lot of the time they come out successful and everyone wonders how the hell they manged to do it...

JustinM
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Cardinals-W
Patriots-L
Ravens-L
Bengals-L
Chiefs-W
Bengals-W
Browns-W
49'ers-L
Rams-W
Browns-W

fixed. the cup's half empty :)

skinart82
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Why do people think the bengals are so tough, who have they beaten, Jacksonville, Indy, Cleveland and a buffalo team that I don't think are as good as it seems. I realize the Steelers haven't played the highest caliber teams either, but overall they are the better team. Just my two pennies worth.

Bayz101
10-18-2011, 04:11 AM
I don't think the Bengals are tough. But take a look at us this year. We nearly lose to two teams who have less than a win. We play tough against hard teams, with the exception of Baltimore early on. The point is, Bengals don't have to be tough to beat us, and I think they will, at least once. They'll catch us off guard. We'll likely underestimate them.

ggoldman
10-18-2011, 04:39 AM
I basically see us beating Ariz, Balt and Cincy while losing to New England. HOWEVER - what could be weird is having the same record as Baltimore at the very end of the season and losing the division to common opponents aka - That Texans loss could really bite us badly. Hey - i hope we make it down to the wire like that - it means we have turned things around.

I'm thinking We'll head into bye at 7-3. And then lose a couple games we shouldn't like we always seem to do. I forsee at least 1 loss after the bye - and honestly, if that means it gets them refocused I'd rather it happen than go on a regular season tear and be gassed for the playoffs.

If we barely make it in - this team is not capable of going into a hostile environment, namely Balt and NE and winning in the playoffs. We really, REALLY need the bye. I doubt we sniff the #1 seed, would be floored if we got #2, happy with a home wildcard game and advance and pray for things to fall our way.

Going 4-0 before bye would be H-U-G-E and I'm going on record right now saying that if we do that - we will be a better team than last season. Otherwise, pray we win at least 3 and 1 of them is Bmore and somehow snag the division.

if that Texans loss comes to bite us, then their Titans loss should come to bite them

Steelers>NFL
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
No way they only lose 2 games. They are not that good. And they have lots of injuries.
11-5 is best they go.
They will NOT beat the Patriots. No FREAKIN way.

steelfury02
10-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh bumpy toots.

kirklandrules
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
In addition to the New England loss, the Steelers will screw up at least one road game other than the loss at San Francisco

Best case scenario 11-5/10-6 more likely - that should make a wild card but maybe not

Agreed. The key is, as the standings are today, the Steelers can only have a worse recond than just one of the below. Otherwise no wildcard.
Bills
Bungholes
Oakland (or SD)
Houston
Jets

Lots of football to be played and I'm hoping they continue to improve. I expect losses to NE and Balt. They just need to win the games they should and buy some playoff time. If they get hot near the end of the season, they can make another long run into the playoffs.

steelfury02
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh shite - it is that dire already. (And my glass is half full :) ) I just don't see us coughing two up in a row at home in huge games. I'd really like to see a lot of fire and brimstone from our guys in the two huge ones coming up. They HAVE to get up for these. I'd love to see us ground and pound the Patriots into embarrassment and really be able to jar Brady. Anyone else can't stand Gronkowski as much as me? I'll never forget our last defeat v. them and how much they rubbed it in. They should be remembering that feeling and kick their d*ngs to the dirt.

As far as the Ravens - I'm hoping we can muster up a Titans-game-like performance. I don't think they have the personnel to withstand getting gassed - I don't see us being able to run on them.

GOSH - that would be two gigundo wins.