PDA

View Full Version : shayne boyd: cowboys qb of the future?

tony hipchest
06-10-2006, 10:03 PM
i think so. this steelers qb will probably not make our roster but theres a definite spot awaiting him as long as jerry jones is an owner. (keep in mind jerry jones is a retard who loves baseball players for qb's)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_457440.html

Scramblin' QB hopes to make roster

By Joe Bendel
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, June 10, 2006

"Boyd's athleticism goes beyond the football field. He is a top-flight baseball player whose fastball has been clocked at 96 miles per hour. He was drafted in the 13th round by the Minnesota Twins out of Henry Clay High School in Lexington, Ky., but opted for a football scholarship to Kentucky. He was drafted again by the Twins after his junior year at Kentucky -- where Boyd played baseball for three seasons -- but passed on the opportunity a second time, despite being selected in the 12th round"

MattsMe
06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I've watched this guy play in Europe, and while he's definitely athletic, I just can't see him being anything more than a backup QB at best in the NFL. He just makes too many mistakes. But you're right, Jerrry Jones is a sucker for baseball players, and he's getting old and possibly senile, so you never know.

CantStop85
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
I've watched this guy play in Europe, and while he's definitely athletic, I just can't see him being anything more than a backup QB at best in the NFL. He just makes too many mistakes. But you're right, Jerrry Jones is a sucker for baseball players, and he's getting old and possibly senile, so you never know.
Why the kid didn't pursue a baseball career I have no idea...he could barely maintain the starting QB job at Kentucky, a team lucky to get more than 3 wins a season. :dang: