PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice that Hines Ward..

Pa Yankee
10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Was keeping up with everybody on Mendenhall's run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSEXeWxYcfw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WickedSteel
10-18-2011, 12:33 AM
First of all, Mendy isn't the fastest back out there and second, I think that the angle makes it look as if Hines is keeping up.

tony hipchest
10-18-2011, 12:59 AM
always gotta be a negative nellie in every single thread. :coffee:

sometimes its more about hustle and heart over raw talent/potential and speed.

MACH1
10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Ever notice when someone says something positive WhinySteel has something to whine about.

steelfury02
10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I clocked Ward's blocking speed in comparison to our Super Bowl years. He is .0037 seconds slower through 6 games this year than 08 and .0179 seconds slower than 05.

Time to move on. Clearly he hasn't done anything worth value this season. :toofunny:

Seriously though - Ward needs to kick Brown and especially Sanders in the tail.

JustinM
10-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Conclusion: Ward is still a beast.

theplatypus
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Ever notice when someone says something positive WhinySteel has something to whine about.

I was beginning to think that I was the only one that noticed that trend. He/she seems to be multiply now too.

queeg
10-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Some cannot support those seeking excellance due to personal failure!

Fire Arians
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
First of all, Mendy isn't the fastest back out there and second, I think that the angle makes it look as if Hines is keeping up.

he isn't CJ2K or anything, but he's still freakin fast

PhantomJB93
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM

He's certainly no Chris Johnson but he has deceptive speed for his build. He ran like a 4.3 something at the combine a few years ago, and I know 40 times aren't always indicative of speed in an actual game situation but that's still damn impressive and he's faster than a lot of people think.

Pa Yankee
10-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Take a look at the 2nd angle of the highlight. It shows Hines Ward at a better comparison video.

cubanstogie
10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
he looked damn fast when he busted the TD run outside last week. That was nice to see. I do think Redman and Dwyer lt a fire in his as s from the previous week.

steelax04
10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Hines slowed up at the 35 and at that point he was only 1 yard behind Mendy... but hey, a Pinto can keep up with a Fiesta, right?

WickedSteel
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I meant no disrespect to Mendy or Hines. I was simply stating that Mendy isn't the fastest back in the league hence why he was caught from behind and Hines was keeping up with him. Don't get me wrong, Hines is still damn fast for his age, I'm just saying that if that were CJ2K with that run, he would have been gone for the endzone.

Hey, it was a great run and props to Ward for busting his ass down the field right along with him.