PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall wins AFC Offensive player of the Week honors

tony hipchest
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
"mendenhall sux.

start redman.

suddenness and glide."

and here i thought all the haters and armchair coaches and GM's would be eager to offer congrats and munch on some crow.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/time100Chirping_Crickets-775857.jpg

ricardisimo
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Actually, I read some sincere, genuine kudos for Mendenhall in the other thread. It was a pleasant surprise.

tanda10506
10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
He did have a good game, hit the hole like Redman did last week. He seems to respond well to being on the bench.

DanRooney
10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
He ran with more authority because he saw what Redman did when he was on the bench. You could see him just wanting to get on the field.

This is his contract year right? I don't think he makes the team next year if so.

tony hipchest
10-19-2011, 05:36 PM
people do realize that mendenhall was injured and not "benched" right?

he left the game vs the titans right after an excellent TD run. :hunch:

truesteelerfan
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
He's the best back on our roster- I love the way Redman finishes runs, but I don't think he's quite as complete a back...I want them BOTH on our team and to run a 2 back system.

Fire Arians
10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
i would like to see mendenhall in the passing game more

ricardisimo
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
:stupid:

Atlanta Dan
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Arians regards the bubble screen to a WR as his version of throwing to a back - simply throwing to a RB is too simple a play for the superior intellect of BA

Corey_J
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
mendy is the best back we have had in the backfield for MANY moons.......All the people that think redman is the answer were proved wrong this past week. Redman would make a great short down back or even fullback. 3 yards and a cloud of dust just dont do it in this buisness. Redman just cant hit the homerun like dwyer or mendy, its as simple as that. Mendenhall will get paid at the end of this year "by us" or we will be leaning to much on ben for next year.......

JustinM
10-20-2011, 01:33 PM
bench mendy and redman. put in bettis.

mikegrimey
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
What is this hokum about Mendenhall being sacred after seeing "how good Redman did",

r u referencing Redman's 3.3 yards a rush? Is that what was giving Mendenhall nightmares?

Hehe

I know a lot of people that talk about football act like complete jackasses but come on couldn't u all at least try to be coy about it?

Had Mendenhall put up the very same numbers against Tennesse that REdman did the Redman faithful would be wailing about his unworthiness and cursing Arian's tyrannical obstinacy in starting him.

DanRooney
10-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Redman ran very well against the Titans as he has every time he's seen the field. If you don't think so based on his YPC, you clearly don't know what you're talking about or didn't watch the game.

ricardisimo
10-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Redman ran very well against the Titans as he has every time he's seen the field. If you don't think so based on his YPC, you clearly don't know what you're talking about or didn't watch the game.
We did watch the game, and we saw, as you should have, that although he has a distinct style from Mendenhall's - one which would compliment Rashard exceedingly well if we had an OC who could put two and two together - once Redman was the starter and teams could game-plan for him, he was achieving the exact same 3+ yards per carry.

If you were the student of the game you imagine yourself to be, you would know that it is too easy to extrapolate from the successes a change-of-pace back has in limited time. Redman is very good, mind you, and getting better all the time from the looks of it.

mikegrimey
10-23-2011, 07:25 AM

R u intentionally being stupid ... because in my post I wrote that Redman had a paltry 3.3 YPC, perhaps you don't watch the games very closely ...

mikegrimey
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
He follows up a good performance with another duck

DanRooney
10-23-2011, 10:53 PM
R u intentionally being stupid ... because in my post I wrote that Redman had a paltry 3.3 YPC, perhaps you don't watch the games very closely ...

I read what you wrote and it is beyond retarded. His YPC was average, sure, but he was getting tough yards and almost always falls forward. Once again he's outperformed Rashard and this is not judging by looking at his stats, but watching the game. Redman gets tough yards and pushes the pile to get first downs more often than not. Something you're clearly not seeing.

I'm no Mendenhall hater and I actually think he should still be our starter based on his athletic ability and last season alone, but Redman is outplaying him now. Anyone who argues this is clearly stupid.

tony hipchest
10-23-2011, 11:07 PM
:rolleyes:

:shout:- Fire Mendenhall!!!

Rotorhead
10-23-2011, 11:39 PM
And another game that proves my previous point, at this juncture in our season, Redmans 3.3 avg is much better than Mendys. Simply put I will always prefer a back that can consistently get his yds over a HR back that gets stuffed most of the time and breaks off a couple bursts. We need the chain mover rather than the HR/Drive killer. I will say this, if we start seeing more offtackle runs like today I would want Mendy, that is his strength (which BA doesnt seem to see).

DanRooney
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
And another game that proves my previous point, at this juncture in our season, Redmans 3.3 avg is much better than Mendys. Simply put I will always prefer a back that can consistently get his yds over a HR back that gets stuffed most of the time and breaks off a couple bursts. We need the chain mover rather than the HR/Drive killer. I will say this, if we start seeing more offtackle runs like today I would want Mendy, that is his strength (which BA doesnt seem to see).

Exactly. I'm pretty sure Bettis had a pretty low YPC (without looking at stats) his last 4-5 seasons with us purely because of how we used him and the type of back he was. Very similar to how we're using Redman now. That bruiser type back that gets tough yardage. And no one in their right mind would say that "Bettis had a paltry (insert YPC below 4.0)"

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 12:03 AM
lol... redman cant even sniff bettis' jock.

not only is he not bettis, he doesnt have bettis's OL let alone a lead fullback.

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 12:10 AM
lol... redman cant even sniff bettis' jock.

not only is he not bettis, he doesnt have bettis's OL let alone a lead fullback.

And that last statement gives more props to Redman. He's a great back. Especially being an UDFA playing behind a below average OL. I don't know why a guy that continues to prove everyone wrong gets bashed so much. Especially coming from Mr. Homer himself :wink02:

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 12:25 AM
And that last statement gives more props to Redman. He's a great back. Especially being an UDFA playing behind a below average OL. I don't know why a guy that continues to prove everyone wrong gets bashed so much. Especially coming from Mr. Homer himself :wink02:

indeed he is a "great" back. infact when it comes to suddeness and glide i dont think the nfl has witnessed any better. pair him with john kuhn and im sure they would cure a cancer patient with every inch gained. :sofunny:

nobody is hating on redman. i think most are just still reluctant to put him in the eschelon of jim brown, emmit smith, walter payton, and barry sanders like you are.

:hunch:

he'll be lucky to match what willie parker or priest holmes did as an UDFA in this league.

if the steelers were to cut him, he would fade into oblivion with gary russell.

mikegrimey
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Yea Redman has done ok this year, been pretty good as a short yardage back -- but his 1 start wasn't that impressive of a performance. He put up less than 50 yards against the Titans, who Arian Foster just ran all over -- the guy isn't going to the pro bowl anytime soon.

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 01:40 PM
So Tony...you never heard about most interesting runningback in the world? :chuckle:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/8/22/1636415/isaac-redman-is-the-most

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 02:08 PM
So Tony...you never heard about most interesting runningback in the world? :chuckle:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/8/22/1636415/isaac-redman-is-the-most:laughing: thats good. i could swear thats stolen straight from john kuhns bio.

BKAnthem
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Mendy cost me in FF game this week....Bastard

ricardisimo
10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Mendy cost me in FF game this week....Bastard
But your Steelers won.

BKAnthem
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
But your Steelers won.

The lining is Silver