PDA

View Full Version : NFL denies 1st Amendment Rights

Hayeksheroes
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm outraged at the Polamalu's fine. This is a violation of his civil rights. He is being penalized for making a phone call?

I say **** you 1% billionaire owners. I'm tired of paying for your stadiums, your bail outs. and other nonsense.

Then you abuse your power by imposing silly rules. But the NFL is a our league. Our private property, you say. Really? Fine, then
pay for your own stadiums. Please stop asking for the tax payers to subsidize your property.

It is time we take our country back and our football.

DoctorCAD
10-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Not

Ricco Suavez
10-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Fines against the Steelers in the past have irked me to no end, but I am not going to shed any tears over this fine. In todays got to know everything NOW generation I can see this rule was put in for the Tweet crowd. As an owner or coach I want my players during game time to be FOCUSED on the game. I realize this may not be true in this case but no exceptions will be the rule. Its a rule that they know about and could have been avoided. First amendment rights do not apply to personal phone calls during working hours.

MasterOfPuppets
10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
so an employer doesn't have the right to tell his employees what he can or can't do when he's on the clock ? :huh: .... good to know :thumbsup: ... i'm taking a pillow to work from now on.!!!

theplatypus
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
oh my lord, talk about an epic fail

tony hipchest
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
This is a violation of his civil rights. .

you have the right to remain silent...

Hayeksheroes
10-22-2011, 06:36 PM
so an employer doesn't have the right to tell his employees what he can or can't do when he's on the clock ? :huh: .... good to know :thumbsup: ... i'm taking a pillow to work from now on.!!!

Polamalu was not making the call on the field. He had been taken out of the game. He was on the sidelines and was not working. It only became an issue because the TV station decided to show it. Oh, look, he's breaking a rule. Fine him, fine him. See.
How childish have the TV stations gotten. They really need to sign Jerry Springer.

fer522
10-22-2011, 07:08 PM
http://pic.epicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fashion-fail-dora-the-explorer-sagging-shorts.jpg

Hayeksheroes
10-22-2011, 07:53 PM
You will watch every right be taken from you.

theplatypus
10-22-2011, 08:02 PM

LMAO

Steeldude
10-22-2011, 08:11 PM

his rights were not violated. an employer can ban cell phones in the work area. the field consists of the entire area, out-of-bounds included.

Bayz101
10-22-2011, 08:33 PM
It may have been a violation of his rights if Godell fined him for calling his wife at K-Mart, but Troy is an NFL football player, and that's a job. A job that has it's rules. However, it wasn't Troy that should have gotten in trouble, and by no means do I agree with King Godell.

Troy didn't call his wife. A Steelers trainer called her to inform her that he was fine. His wife then requested to speak with Polamalu, and the trainer handed the phone over. In my opinion, that's on the trainer.

Also. I read up a little bit. A football athlete within the NFL is not permitted to have a Cell Phone or any other electronic device on the field at any time unless notified otherwise. A player that has a Cell phone or other electronic device on the field during a period of play, is subject to fine. Sideline officials, coaches and trainers are permitted phones, and wireless phones in order to communicate with replay assistants and for other permitted matters.

So, phones are allowed for use on the sidelines. I have seen them used many times. Whether or not you can use them for personal matters is unknown. It must be permitted. The trainer called her, and if it wasn't permitted, than the trainer broke the rules.