PDA

View Full Version : Rejuvenated Keisel nice addition for Steelers

fer522
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Brett Keisel is feeling good, even young again.

At 33, the veteran defensive end has seemingly rediscovered the explosiveness that made him a permanent fixture on the defensive front the past decade. He terrorized the Jacksonville Jaguars last weekend, especially in the fourth quarter with the Steelers clinging to a precarious 17-13 lead.

Keisel slammed the door on the upset-minded Jaguars with his second quarterback sack. It was like old times for an aging lineman who accepted his first Pro Bowl selection in 2010 as affirmation of a career defined mostly by his reliability.

"Brett's had a lot of great games for us," said defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. "That was one of his better games."

In a season in which two No.1 picks Cam Heyward and Ziggy Hood have auditioned for his job, Keisel has pushed back against suggestions he devise an exit strategy amid an inevitable youth movement.

Keisel has rekindled the enthusiasm tempered by myriad aches and pains. He sat for two weeks with an injured knee as the Steelers checked out of Indianapolis with a last-second victory and stumbled over themselves in losing at Houston.

Keisel isn't in tip-top shape, but he's revved up, as the Steelers try to stretch their win streak to three at Arizona on Sunday.

"I've rushed things before, and it has cost me to miss more games than I needed to," Keisel said. "The biggest thing was to get healthy and make all the football moves before I put the helmet on.

"I'm just working on my craft," he added. "I encourage the young guys to bring the same energy some of us old guys bring

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763230.html#ixzz1bXgf5GQe

mizzouristeeler
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Fear da beard