PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Postgame Thread/Game Ball

SteelCityMom
10-23-2011, 06:21 PM
My game ball goes to Wallace, though the entire offense played pretty well today. Some glitches here and there, but overall better than I expected.

btaylor179
10-23-2011, 06:22 PM
thought o line was decent.....ben played nice.....wrs starting to come along nicely....hines needs to let the youngins play more

Fire Arians
10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
ben, he played an awesome game and did a good job spreading the ball around.

we needed the win today, im happy with how the team didnt fall in any of these trap games. now next week will be a huge challenge.

btaylor179
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
on a side note i didn't know deshae townsend was coaching.....farrior needs to follow suit....hes slow

fer522
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
i think Ben and Woodley are getting it today

Merchant
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Woodley played awesome. Ben played Awesome. The whole team put in an OVERALL solid effort.

The only thing I absolutely blew up about today was when Kemo ONCE AGAIN dove into the pile late drawing a personal foul penalty which eventually lead to us having to punt. What the fuk is wrong with this dude? How many times can you make the same boneheaded mistake?

TRH
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Woodley played awesome. Ben played Awesome. The whole team put in an OVERALL solid effort.

The only thing I absolutely blew up about today was when Kemo ONCE AGAIN dove into the pile late drawing a personal foul penalty which eventually lead to us having to punt. What the fuk is wrong with this dude? How many times can you make the same boneheaded mistake?

i don't understand that either. Last year i was saying the same damn thing after Kemo repeatedly did this and he should know better. Tomlin needs to take control of this (he already should have by now) and fine the b*****d or something. Enough is enough of this crap.

WickedSteel
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Lot's of game balls for me today.

Wallace-another stellar outing, another 100+ yd game and another TD

Ben-good reads today finding the check downs and the open receivers

Sanders-excellent showing from him today proving that when his time to start comes, he is capable

O line-another good showing even though Ben took some big shots

Woodley-BEAST mode today. Was in Kolb's kitchen all day and was stuffing the run pretty good.

Heath-nice to see him come on strong today. He made a couple great snags that kept drives going.

On the other side, there was some minuses.

Ike-WTF man? I know you wanted to be physical with Fitz from the get go but tone it down just a bit. You hurt the team today.

Kemo-same as above

Troy-hate to put him here but he just hasn't put it together lately. Dropped INT and then the fall on the LSH score.

Mendy-back to dancing around too much back there.

Refs-I hate to blame refs for anything but some of those today were brutal.

Overall, the offense looked pretty good today. They put together some long drives when it mattered and let the D get some rest.

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Let's take a poll on whether Kemo's IQ is over/under 85

Team is 5-2 which was my pre-season worst case scenario - the next 2 weeks will define this 2011 team

StainlessStill
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Heath had a big game, Wallace had a big game and so did Brown. The offense is a few quirks here from being unstoppable. Still room for improvement, but today we've officially seen this offense become an air-attack offense. We are now a pure passing team.

I've seen Roethlisberger take shots today, pump fake fools out their jock, extend plays and on the top of his game. This game goes to Roethlisberger IMHO.

On defense, Keisel and Woodley. #56 is showing why he got paid. Great to see him show up. He's here to stay.

Steel_Bus_24
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Saw some improvement in our Oline in pass protection

The Cardinals sent the house a lot, an we did a good job picking it up....some got through but it wasn't the shooting gallery that we've been seeing...and Ben made them pay

Im sorry, Im not feeling any better about our pass D. There were far too many lanes/seams out there today that Brady would have drilled in there

Ike finally faced an elite Receiver with a medium level QB for the 1st time and was beat up
And our ability to cover the TE/Slot/HB looks as crappy as ever.

The Steelers better find a way to hammer Brady this time or he's going to drop 30 on us with ease...and to win I don't think we can give up anymore then 21 depending on our Turnovers

Bayz101
10-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Who played great: Ben Roethlisberger. He made great plays all day, and he definitely exceeded my expectations.
Who stepped up: Antonio Brown. He had a magnificent day today, and looked a lot like a familiar presence out their, in my opinion. He reminded me of Santonio Holmes. Great game.
Game Ball: Lamarr Woodley. He was constantly in Kolb's face. Without that pressure, plays could have been made. Not to mention he gathered a safety that pretty much sealed it for us.

mikegrimey
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I think Roethlisberger, he was on most of the day, he was putting the ball right in there, even on a couple of tough misses deep w/ wallace and Brown, they ball was in the right place.

steelerchad
10-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll go with Heath today. With honorable mention to A. Brown, Wallace, Ben. Wallace has made these kind of days routine and A. Brown with 100 yard game and one incredible 1 hand catch.

I'll give the goat to Kemo. What the hell is up with him constantly coming in 3 seconds late and spearing guys in the back. He did it 2 or 3 times late last year including either the AFC championship game and/or SB. He killed a drive today with that stupid play.

PhantomJB93
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I give a tie to Ben and Woodley. Both were equally important to their respective units today.

Ben and Sanders need to work on their timing this week cause this is the second or third time in recent weeks that Sanders had separation on a deep pattern and Ben overthrew him, but outside of that Ben's passes seemed pretty much perfect, even on several incompletions that I thought were much more the receiver's fault. If they get that down (hopefully before we run the gauntlet against New England and Baltimore the next two weeks) the offense will be that much better.

And it's funny how every year Woodley gets off to a slow start and people freak out and say he's overrated/overpaid. If there's one thing I've learned since 2008, it's not to count on Woodley to be a dominant force until the 3rd or 4th week, but he becomes a freak of nature after that.

steelfury02
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I'd like to think we're due for a W against Brady but that idea brings no comfort

Our first real test since Ravens. We're going to find out who this team is over the course of the next 3 . . .

bobby jr
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
What the heck give it to Ben, he does well against weak opponents.
Enjoy it while you can guys. With NE and the Ravens coming up in the next two weeks, the odds good that in two weeks that the Steelers will be 5-4 and 3 games behind the Ravens.

rich4eagle
10-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Agree with Ben getting the game ball. He made a load of plays often eluding a sack to do so. Woodley played well but Ben was the difference maker.

As far as Kemo, dumb has no fix, other than being released..

One thing I thought was refreshing today was that Tomlin did not go into prevent offense in the second half or prevent defense:tt03::tt:

tony hipchest
10-23-2011, 08:16 PM
beat it, boobjob troll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats why he's pretty much undefeated vs the limp wrist ravens.

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd like to think we're due for a W against Brady but that idea brings no comfort
Vegas disagrees - early line favored Pats by +1 & 1/2 an it has moved to + 2& 1/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/patriots-@-steelers.cfm/date/10-30-11/time/1615#BT

steelfury02
10-23-2011, 08:20 PM
:finger:I'm a Ravens fan:monkey:

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2011, 08:22 PM

Agreed - he usually beats the Ravens

WickedSteel
10-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Vegas disagrees - early line favored Pats by +1 & 1/2 an it has moved to + 2& 1/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/patriots-@-steelers.cfm/date/10-30-11/time/1615#BT

That's it? Figured it would be at least 10 by now.

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
That's it? Figured it would be at least 10 by now.
That works out to +5 & 1/2 on a neutral field

It may be the largest spread against the Steelers in the history of Heinz Field

But glad to see you back with your Pats flag flying

FanSince72
10-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Very happy with today's offense.
A little dip there in the middle of the game but a nice comeback and a good win overall.

Wallace is a stud and for a moment there it seemed like Bradshaw/Stallworth.

Observation:
Anyone who is watching the Colts disintegrate tonight should realize that Arians' offense - as much as we want to criticize it - isn't built around one man.
Last year's 3-1 start with Batch, followed by a 9-3 run from Ben proves that.

The Colts, on the other hand, are like an engine that's had its carburetor removed -- DONE!

So as much as I am not a big fan of Arians, at least we know that if a key player goes down, the engine can still run pretty good and overall, that's not a bad thing.

But as far as today's game goes, it was fun to watch and I never felt that it was slipping away at any point. So maybe things are starting to jell and if so, I think we're in good shape for the Patsies and the Ratbirds.

Third Rail
10-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Ben gets the gameball IMO, with Wallace, Brown and Woodley also in the conversation. Heath, Clark and Sanders also had great moments.

The O-Line also played very well, but Kemo needs to stop it with the stupid penalties.

And Mendenhall has reverted back to sucking. Talk about playing scared. I couldn't believe when he dove to the ground like Peyton Manning when that defender was closing in. But I'm not surprised... Mendy tends to only have one good game every four weeks or so. I'm sure he'll be worthless against NE and Baltimore too.

DanRooney
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Did you see the drop off in our offense when Hines Ward left the field?! The receivers looked lost without his leadership on that touchdown drive immediately afterwards.

tony hipchest
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes:

:shout:- Fire Ward!!!

DanRooney
10-23-2011, 11:40 PM
:rolleyes:

:shout:- Fire Ward!!!

Just saying, they won't be as lost and confused as you think. Sanders and Brown aren't rookies anymore :-P

DanRooney
10-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Ben set a record and was almost flawless. Woodley had a great game as well.

MACH1
10-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Just saying, they won't be as lost and confused as you think. Sanders and Brown aren't rookies anymore :-P

Then why do they keep making rookie mistakes?

Sean95m
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Dick lebeau gets my game ball, 3rd string nose tackle, Timmons playing out of position, Harrison (Batman) out again, yet still dominated at times and I do beleive still #1 ranked D!

tony hipchest
10-23-2011, 11:53 PM

i sure hope they got it all out of their system last week. the third year is when it typically starts to click for wr's and they are a huge part of the offense where the steelers cant afford to wait that long.

they did what the team expects them to do when hines ward goes down. they are doing a great job keeping jehrico crotchsniffer off their heels.

stb_steeler
10-24-2011, 12:04 AM

We were wondering the same thing about Kemo, you def. can tell he's back. Maybe he feels left out and thinks hes making a tackle...lol

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 12:21 AM

Not enough playing time. Sanders doesn't get many snaps at all since he lost his job to Brown. And of course when he does, he's not the only option being 4 or 5 wide. Brown was very raw as a 6th round pick last year and didn't see the field practically at all last season until late. But despite those mistakes, he sure makes up for it with some nice grabs. He was awesome today.

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Brown was very raw as a 6th round pick last year and didn't see the field practically at all last season until late. But despite those mistakes, he sure makes up for it with some nice grabs. He was awesome today.

brown and sanders dont need to prove any more why they are the future but have you ever heard the phrase "fools rush in"?

have you ever heard of the steelers way?

it wins championships. :thumbsup:

calm down, hoss and dont forget to stop and smell the roses.

SteeleReign
10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
I would give the game ball to Ben, with Brown coming a close second. Antonio is quickly becoming Santonio Holmes with his over-the-middle fearlessness and ability to make the tough grabs. Throw in his return game - I swear he is one block from scoring on every return! Love that kid!

Woodley had a great day too, but giving up 20 points to that pathetic offense is a little worriesome. Seriously, they have ONE weapon. The D is sooo soft across the middle - I hope Foote & Farrior are ready for the TE parade next Sunday. They've got to SMOTHER Brady next week....like cream cheese on a bagel!!

steelerchad
10-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Ben set a record and was almost flawless. Woodley had a great game as well.

One question about Woodley's sack total? He had 2 definate sacks and the safety was all Woodley as well. If a QB gets called for grounding in the endzone causing a safety, should that be recorded as a sack?

effyou515
10-24-2011, 09:17 AM

thought the passing game looked pretty good without Ward on the game.

Steelerfreak58
10-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Team is 5-2 which was my pre-season worst case scenario - the next 2 weeks will define this 2011 team

Pretty much this right here. You will see if the Steelers are deserving to get back in the playoffs the next couple of weeks or not.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
I want to beat New England so badly - but it will hurt worse to lose to the Rats again (on our turf, and with what 2 losses to Rats implies - we'd have to be road warriors to have a chance in hell come playoffs if we are even lucky to grab 1 of 2 last spots)

Buddha Bus
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Enjoy it while you can guys. With NE and the Ravens coming up in the next two weeks, the odds good that in two weeks that the Steelers will be 5-4 and 3 games behind the Ravens.

How'd Flaccido do against the Titans? :chuckle:

Sixburgher
10-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Awesome performance by Flacco the Great against the 1-5 Jags! Hall of Fame worthy stuff!

Stupid jagoff.

Atlanta Dan
10-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Then again maybe not

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
He wont be back until next week lol

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
:toofunny:

boobjob jr exposed as a dumbass once again!

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 01:11 AM
i think its worth another mention (if mentioned already)-

antonio browns one handed catch was one of the most spectacular receptions by anyone this season.

e. sanders completely broke the ankles of the cardinal defender trying to cover him in the endzone. it was a complete pancake w/o contact. :chuckle:

Bayz101
10-25-2011, 01:59 AM
i think its worth another mention (if mentioned already)-

antonio browns one handed catch was one of the most spectacular receptions by anyone this season.

e. sanders completely broke the ankles of the cardinal defender trying to cover him in the endzone. it was a complete pancake w/o contact. :chuckle:

I thought I was the only one who noticed Sanders burned that guy, haha. Also, another mention: Steelers had three different receivers with a touchdown, two receivers with 100+ yards, and a 40+ yard game for Heath Miller, giving him 276 yards receiving on the year, which is already half what he had all last year.