PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Wonder whats going on with that news conference. It's almost 3:30.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Wonder whats going on with that news conference. It's almost 3:30.

Aggreed Prosdo. I would give you points but I am out of my daily allowance.

Cape Cod Steel Head
06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Serious but stable condition. currently undergoing surgery.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Only thing that is being said on KDKA right now is press conference will be on shortly.

RacerJ
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
fox news keeps saying they're "waiting for an update from the hospital," so whenever they get something i'm sure they'll report on it

j9murphy
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
from the wtae website (doesn't sound good...)

"According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement."

Koopa
06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
this shit just proves ben is not ready to be a leader, cause to be a leader you need to be one on and off the feild, and this is just plain stupidity. i hope they take a shitload of money away from him, and then each player kicks him in the nuts for being a ****tard. if he's seriously hurt and can't go this season i hope he rots in hell for again being a ****tard........... but hopefully everything is good and it's only minor.........i don't feel like reading 11 pages so i don't know if more news on it has been posted

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Latest news can usually be found at KFFL.com. Here is a link to Ben's section. http://www.kffl.com/player/9341/NFL

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
from the wtae website (doesn't sound good...)

"According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement."

I guess that's what his surgery is for.

BBC
06-12-2006, 03:47 PM
this shit just proves ben is not ready to be a leader, cause to be a leader you need to be one on and off the feild, and this is just plain stupidity. i hope they take a shitload of money away from him, and then each player kicks him in the nuts for being a ****tard. if he's seriously hurt and can't go this season i hope he rots in hell for again being a ****tard........... but hopefully everything is good and it's only minor.........i don't feel like reading 11 pages so i don't know if more news on it has been posted

Wow...just wow.

You realize there's a chance of him being a human vegetable, right? The fact that the only thing you can think of is him losing money, getting kicked in his balls, and rotting in hell speaks volumes of your maturity level.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Aggreed Prosdo. I would give you points but I am out of my daily allowance.

sorry for going off topic, but damn i have to get this out, i been wanting to say this for a long long ass time.......homie you have what 2,665 post but yet more then half of those post are like these. there is no need to post that, hell you have two of these post back to back almost. all you have to do is click the rep thing and tell them this in the comment area, no need to make a post, saying "agreed, points for you" it just ruins the flow of the threads.......there that felt good lol

Seth88101
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney issued a statement regarding QB Ben Roethlisberger's (head, knee) motorcycle accident. Rooney said, "On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger. I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery. So far, we have been encouraged by the early reports from the medical team at Mercy Hospital. Our public relations staff will pass along any additional updates as we receive them from the hospital."

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I just want to say one thing F$ck the issue about wearing a helmet. Ben shouldn't have been on the damn bike anyway. Ben would have plenty of time to ride a motorcycle after his playing days were over. I don't want to sound like a jerk. But this was a selfish act by Ben. Forget about the football issue. Ben should have thought about his own father who lost a wife in a auto accident. I'm a big Ben Roethlisberger fan. I have watched and rooted for this guy since his college days.

But from a football standpoint Ben totally just gave the Steelers organization the middle finger by riding that damn bike. Also Ben didn't even think about his own teammates. I guess Ben's ego was out of control thinking nothing could happen to him. I hope Ben is alright and he comes back 100 percent healthy. But I hope this accident woke him up.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Wow...just wow.

You realize there's a chance of him being a human vegetable, right? The fact that the only thing you can think of is him losing money, getting kicked in his balls, and rotting in hell speaks volumes of your maturity level.

aww go suck on something. all i care about is winning, and if he is seriously hurt we are the browns times 1000. like i said block me and don't worry about what i say, i don't sugar coat my shit.

BBC
06-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Double post.

floodcitygirl
06-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Latest news can usually be found at KFFL.com. Here is a link to Ben's section. http://www.kffl.com/player/9341/NFL Thanks for this Prosdo! Broken jaw is one thing. Head laceration another. But knee damage!!! I guess the waiting continues...

JAG151
06-12-2006, 03:54 PM

wow, do you really call yourself a fan and/or a human being?
you've got issues that need addressed man!
i think he realizes his mistake, but the most important thing is that he can recover and be healthy again. i hope you're praying for the man. he needs everyones support now, and doesn't need people throwing stones at him!

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Prayers out for Ben and his family. Hope he will be ok.

ARKIESTEEL
06-12-2006, 03:57 PM
This may be stupid but if there is one god thing that can be taken from this is look at how many Steeler fans have came together at one time from all over the USA!!! I know this may be the most weird thing but when i got back on awhile ago there was like 258 or so FANS trying to get the news and it gave me a since of pride to be a part of something so wide spread and important to so many. We (the Steeler Nation) will be ok! One way or the other

BBC
06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
aww go suck on something. all i care about is winning, and if he is seriously hurt we are the browns times 1000. like i said block me and don't worry about what i say, i don't sugar coat my shit.

All you care about is winning? Call me crazy, but somehow I care about him being able to function as a human for the rest of his life.

Congrats for not sugar coating your shit. I hope it really makes you feel like a big boy.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:00 PM
wow, do you really call yourself a fan and/or a human being?
you've got issues that need addressed man!
i think he realizes his mistake, but the most important thing is that he can recover and be healthy again. i hope you're praying for the man. he needs everyones support now, and doesn't need people throwing stones at him!

i'm a fan of the steelers, i have no pitty for anyone how decides to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. ben is one of my favorite players but this was a stupid move, everyone has told him to stop but yet he put his needs in front of the teams. i ain't gonna sugar coat what i say, just so it makes everyone feel better. like i said i hope he's ok, and you would've saw that if you read the whole post and not just the first of it where i'm letting out my frustrations.

BBC
06-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Another double post...

Steelers_Girl
06-12-2006, 04:04 PM
F*ck guys I hate to be the one to show you this.

Yahoo has pictures from the scene.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/SardonicDesire/ef083079.jpg

Paint outlines puddles of oil and blood on the street where Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger collided with an automobile while riding his motorcycle in Pittsburgh on Monday, June 12, 2006

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/SardonicDesire/cf195252.jpg

The motorcycle Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was riding when he collided with an automobile, is shown on the back of tow truck in Pittsburgh on Monday, June 12, 2006. Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash and taken to a hospital Monday morning, and a pool of blood was found at the accident site.

If this makes ANYONE uncomfortable please let me know and I'll take it down.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Another thing that I was impressed by were fans from other teams coming here with well wishes. It was awesome. Thank you to all of them!

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
All you care about is winning? Call me crazy, but somehow I care about him being able to function as a human for the rest of his life.

Congrats for not sugar coating your shit. I hope it really makes you feel like a big boy. Don't you have some homework to do?

you know, i really don't like you. every time i read your post you acting like you are better then everyone. and as a matter of fact i do have homework, but what is that to you?? again block me you dumb ass, it's as easy as that

Liz
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Who else thinks the helmet law will go into effect after this?

JAG151
06-12-2006, 04:09 PM
i'm a fan of the steelers, i have no pitty for anyone how decides to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. ben is one of my favorite players but this was a stupid move, everyone has told him to stop but yet he put his needs in front of the teams. i ain't gonna sugar coat what i say, just so it makes everyone feel better. like i said i hope he's ok, and you would've saw that if you read the whole post and not just the first of it where i'm letting out my frustrations.

i read all of your post, i just couldn't belive what i was reading is all. we're all upset and frustrated, but i still dont see how all of this is helping ben. and that is the most important thing right now, ben's health. i'm sorry if all you were doing was venting, i'm frustrated too and i wasn't trying to set you off in any way. but i found it kinda upsetting to read that about kicking him in the groin. so i'll just apoligize and i'll drop it.

get well soon ben!!

SteelR1
06-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Get well soon, as for goodness sake, WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBC
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
you know, i really don't like you. every time i read your post you acting like you are better then everyone. and as a matter of fact i do have homework, but what is that to you?? again block me you dumb ass, it's as easy as that

You don't like me? Whatever will I do? You aren't good enough to ignore you. You get worked up about my posts, and I enjoy watching it. I've got no problem pointing out your stupidity. Maybe once you finish grade school we'll talk about me ignoring you.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Who else thinks the helmet law will go into effect after this?

1st welcome to SF liz if you would plesae cut your sig back to just 1 IMG as your sig and 2nd I am sure we will hear about the helmet law being talked about however as for it being passed I am not sure that will happen

Skinsfan28
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Just wanted to share the news link.
Most of us Redskins fans are keeping up with it on our fan site.
I am sure you guys know about it since it's local but thought it might help some other fans.

http://www.kdkaradio.com/

Eye witness reports that the car turned in front of Big Ben and he T boned it.

This is not official, Police report pending

stlrtruck
06-12-2006, 04:12 PM

I guess you've always been perfect and done everything the right way and never put yourself in harms way. Have you realized that the accident wasn't even his fault? So here you sit blaming Ben for the accident and it wasn't his fault.

BTW, it's one thing not to sugar coat your comments but it's another thing to have a basic disregard for someone's life. You might as well be a brown's fan with the comments you've made.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Steelers 'Encouraged By Early Reports' On Ben
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Expressing concern for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's condition, Steelers President Art Rooney released a statement this afternoon saying the team is "encouraged by the early reports from the medical team."

The Steelers handed out the following statement to reporters today:

"On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger.

"I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery.

"So far we have been encouraged by the early reports from the medical team at Mercy Hospital.

"Our public relations staff will pass along any additional updates as we receive them from the hospital."

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_163154046.html

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
just heard the news.....WTF!!!!!...

Atlanta Dan
You don't like me? Whatever will I do? You aren't good enough to ignore you. You get worked up about my posts, and I enjoy watching it. I've got no problem pointing out your stupidity. Maybe once you finish grade school we'll talk about me ignoring you.

Moderators - if Koopa and BBC do not want to take their quarrel outside I would request you "suggest" they do so - grudges can be held after we attempt to get today's breaking news on this thread.

Thanks

Stlrs4Life
Latest from WPXI in Pgh, is that the surgery is expected to last 4-6 hours, he has a broken jaw, cut above his eye, and on the back of his head. Serious, but stable condition.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM

see you have nothing else to do then attack ppl age and shit like that. stick to the subject you bitch, i'm in college, this ain't real life homie, i ain't gonna act all proper just to get your respect. but if ben's injuries are serious (lord willing they ain't) i guess i won't have to worry about you posting on here cause i'm sure you'll be on the next superbowl winning team message board

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM
He's more then likely got a concussion and a ass load of stitches.........I've already said a million prayers for his ass!!!!!

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Any doctors in the house - is six hours for a broken jaw standard?

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I use to drive that intersection 5 times a week for about a year. The driver should have been able to see him. The driver would have been under the shaded area and Ben would have been coming from the area where it is lit. No excuse for not wearing a helmet though. Hope he is okay. So many prayers for him.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Moderators - if Koopa and BBC do not want to take their quarrel outside I would request you "suggest" they do so - grudges can be held after we attempt to get today's breaking news on this thread.

Thanks

hey this was all on bbc, i was just saying what was on my mind, not my fault this bitch catches feelings

Latest from WPXI in Pgh, is that the surgery is expected to last 4-6 hours, he has a broken jaw, cut above his eye, and on the back of his head. Serious, but stable condition.

has there been any news on his knee???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
broken nose, broken jaw, injured both knees....
thats all their giving right now........Hopefully its nuthing more..
Ive sat here most the day and though only the worse.....
Its good to hear that he was responding to the doctors.
I just want to see him walk out of the hospital

floodcitygirl
06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't know if this is accurate but I just heard from another site that KDKA is saying that the report about the broken jaw and head laceration is false.......???

SteelR1
I just got home from the track this weekend. Big Ben could rent the track out by himself and run the bike as hard as he wants to. I saw the pictures of the bike, it was a Hayabusa, a GSXR-1300R, a VERY FAST BIKE!!!!!!

Ben, Take it to the DAMN TRACK, with FULL GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/9356102/detail.html

Ohio Steeler
broken nose, broken jaw, injured both knees....
thats all their giving right now........Hopefully its nuthing more..
Ive sat here most the day and though only the worse.....
Its good to hear that he was responding to the doctors.
I just want to see him walk out of the hospital

damn my thoughts are with him

Steel - X
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Wow Koop I thought I knew you better than this. This is a guys life we are talking about here. Yes I agree it does suck for the team in the future but the man made a mistake you have made a mistake we all have made mistakes before. So you are telling me that if you maybe a friend or a relitive crashed on a motorcycle you would want all of us to kick you in the nuts? Have some compassion man that or maybe have some feelings. The guys life is at risk and all you care about is winning. I am not going to put you on ignore or anything like that because I usually am liking what you put down but this is by far the crudest thing I have heard anyone say in a long time.

jamesd0613
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

SteelerzGirl
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't know if this is accurate but I just heard from another site that KDKA is saying that the report about the broken jaw and head laceration is false.......???

I wish they would get on w/the news conference already. There's just too much speculation going on and nothing concrete being put out there. I'm worried about head trauma the most. I work for a healthcare insurance company and the doctor they called in specializes in general surgery, trauma surgery, and critical surgery.

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Any doctors in the house - is six hours for a broken jaw standard?

I'm guessing that you may be thinking that's an awful long time for surgery on the jaw??
If so, I was wondering the same thing.

BBC
06-12-2006, 04:23 PM
see you have nothing else to do then attack ppl age and shit like that. stick to the subject you bitch, i'm in college, this ain't real life homie, i ain't gonna act all proper just to get your respect. but if ben's injuries are serious (lord willing they ain't) i guess i won't have to worry about you posting on here cause i'm sure you'll be on the next superbowl winning team message board

I don't care if you act proper or not, I would just expect that you show a shred of respect for a man whose life could be lost or severely changed. Guess I expected too much of you.

BTW, your little bandwagon theories have already been thrown out the window in another thread, why don't you just give up on that approach?

Prosdo
I agree Steelerz!

83-Steelers-43
I'm not even going to bother reporting any more stories because they are all contradicting themselves.

I hope Ben the best and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Get better first and don't even worry about the game of football. Just pull through this brother and get well.

Now, I'm going to go out and have a few beers.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:24 PM
My friend had her jaw broken it was a pretty long surgery if I remember correctly.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow Koop I thought I knew you better than this. This is a guys life we are talking about here. Yes I agree it does suck for the team in the future but the man made a mistake you have made a mistake we all have made mistakes before. So you are telling me that if you maybe a friend or a relitive crashed on a motorcycle you would want all of us to kick you in the nuts? Have some compassion man that or maybe have some feelings. The guys life is at risk and all you care about is winning. I am not going to put you on ignore or anything like that because I usually am liking what you put down but this is by far the crudest thing I have heard anyone say in a long time.

*sighs* what i meant about kicking him in the balls, is payback, he basically kicked his teammates and fans in the ball, or where ever it hurts the ladies, by just brushing everyone off when they told him to stop.....and if my friend/family is stupid enough to ride without a helmet then i won't feel to sorry for them, cause common sense means put on a helmet.....i hope ben is good, and ready to go, and if he would've wore a helmet my post would've been a whole lot different........ben will be in my prayers, but i still don't have pitty for a dude that doesn't wear a helmet on a motorcycle

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
all the reporters and everybody want to be the first to report his progress so we'll probably be hearing all kinds of stuff for a while

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
My friend had her jaw broken it was a pretty long surgery if I remember correctly.

yes it can be rebuilding a person's jaw takes time to do it right

SteelerzGirl
06-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not even going to bother reporting any more stories because they are all contradicting themselves.

I hope Ben the best and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Get better first and don't even worry about the game of football. Just pull through this brother and get well.

Now, I'm going to go out and have a few beers.

Enjoy, but please be careful out there, 83!

jamesd0613
06-12-2006, 04:27 PM
most likely wont ever play again tore up both his knees badly he is done

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 04:28 PM
i think the surgery is taking 6 hours because Bens entire face does not look like it did this morning. The plastic surgeon is fixing more than just his jaw.

What is the story with the damage to his eyes........Can he see okay?

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:29 PM
plus add in the eye socket and how deep the laceration is.....It might last longer then 4-6 hours............EVERYBODY SAY A PRAYER ONE MORE TIME :helmet:

OneForTheToe
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
My prayers are with Ben and his family. I think he was being foolish, but most fo us have been there..... . At least the life threatening concerns appear to be over.

I remember during the Gulf War that I heard a veteran reporter (don't remember, who) say that the only thing you can know for sure, about news reports during war, is that the first reports are always wrong. I think the same probably applies here.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
They didn't say exactly what he did to his knees yet. It was reported that the cops said they were bad. I will wait for the drs.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Roethlisberger was listed in serious but stable condition in the
afternoon, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital.
"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones
said. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows
where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

Fire Haley
06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm sure they would have to stabilize what's left of his teeth and wire his jaws too.
4-6 hrs doesn't sound unreasonable.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
anyway we could do some kind of ecard from all of steelers fever for him

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
LATEST FROM KDKA: Today Steelers fans gathered outside of the hospital to have a vigil. No news reported but It feels good to see players showed up and Family members have showed up at the hospital but exactly who is still a question

Steel - X
06-12-2006, 04:37 PM
*sighs* what i meant about kicking him in the balls, is payback, he basically kicked his teammates and fans in the ball, or where ever it hurts the ladies, by just brushing everyone off when they told him to stop.....and if my friend/family is stupid enough to ride without a helmet then i won't feel to sorry for them, cause common sense means put on a helmet.....i hope ben is good, and ready to go, and if he would've wore a helmet my post would've been a whole lot different........ben will be in my prayers, but i still don't have pitty for a dude that doesn't wear a helmet on a motorcycle

So what you were saying is if he was wearing a helmet and got injured it would have been all good, and you would have felt bad for him. So if he was in a car and wasnt wearing a seatbelt and got this injured you would have felt the same way? Regardless if he was in his football pads, his football helmet and was wrapped in bubble wrap and this injury happened its all the same. The injuries sound horrible accidents happen no matter what protection you have. Keep your anger and opinions to yourself until after the complete verdict has been put on the table.

Koopa
not sure if this was posted, it was updated 13 mins ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Steelers star Ben Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, broke his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash Monday and underwent surgery.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition Monday afternoon, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital. The player's agent, Leigh Steinberg, described the injuries to The Associated Press and said he did not know if there was further damage.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

Steelers president Art Rooney said the team was "encouraged by the early reports from the medical team" at the hospital.

"I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery," he said.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger likes to ride without a helmet, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher. It was not known whether Roethlisberger was wearing a helmet when he crashed.

The accident happened at an intersection at the edge of downtown at about 11:30 a.m. and a pool of blood was still visible there by early afternoon. A silver Chrysler New Yorker with damage to the front passenger fender was removed and Roethlisberger's black bike was loaded onto a flatbed truck.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Kraus said police and homicide units were investigating the crash, a standard practice when there is an accident with critical injuries. He gave no details on whether anyone else was hurt.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl title in February at age 23. Training camp for next season begins at the end of July.

Several teammates, including backup quarterback Charlie Batch, linebacker Joey Porter and safety Mike Logan, arrived at the hospital emergency room but did not comment.

Some fans also gathered at the hospital, including Juanita Clark, who sells Steelers' paraphernalia, and her daughter.

"I just feel like he's a family member," Loretta Clark said.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's state law requiring helmets to be worn was repealed in September 2003.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5687558

Prosdo
Maybe we could post a thread called Card for Ben where everyone can post a message to him and we could print it and send it to him?

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe we could post a thread called Card for Ben where everyone can post a message to him and we could send it to him?

I like it

SteelersFanErie
06-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Don't look into the time in surgery thing too much... In a non-life threatening situation (such as this appears to be... whew!) it could take any amount of time just to get the surgical team in place to begin surgery. Just because he was taken in for surgery at a certain time, does not necessarily mean surgery began then. You can thank my wife (the doctor in the family) for that info.

Assuming it is a broken jaw among the other things that have been reported, do not be surprised if it takes well beyond the 4-6 hours. Bottom line is be patient. (Easier said than done, I know.)

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 04:40 PM

I kinda agree with Koop on this one.
I think it's a given that we care about Ben the person and wish nothing but the best for him and hope for a speedy recovery but I think we all would be lieing through our teeth if we weren't concerned about how this might affect the Steelers this upcoming season.

I'll admit my first reaction was "Ben, you dumb SOB, you were warned about not wearing your helmet and you might have just screwed the upcoming season". That was just the selfish Steeler fan in me coming out then after a few minutes you realize that real life and death situations pale in comparison to how your team plays next season.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 04:41 PM
So what you were saying is if he was wearing a helmet and got injured it would have been all good, and you would have felt bad for him. So if he was in a car and wasnt wearing a seatbelt and got this injured you would have felt the same way? Regardless if he was in his football pads, his football helmet and was wrapped in bubble wrap and this injury happened its all the same. The injuries sound horrible accidents happen no matter what protection you have. Keep your anger and opinions to yourself until after the complete verdict has been put on the table.

*sighs* of course i feel bad that he got hurt, but i can't feel to bad cause he was being dumb and not wearing a helmet, and if he ain't wearing a seat belt that is just as dumb, personally i wear a seat belt front or back. but that's me. not everyone has the same opinions. and if we keep our opinions to ourselves then we might as well just close down this thread.

i didn't mean to get ppl but upset, but i ain't gonna hold back for the sake of it. i say what's on my mind whether it sounds mean or nice. i like ben, i hope everything is all good, and he will be in my prayers, but him not wearing a helmet was stupid, and espically since everyone was telling him to stop. and he just brushed everyone off

Marvin_for_prez
06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Just got home from work and saw the news.
It doesn't matter what team you play for, I don't want to see anyone seriously hurt over anything. Some things are just more important than football.
Good luck to him on a speedy recovery, I want you guys to be at full strength when we meet up on the field again this year.

section514
06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I've been sick all day over this

Steel - X
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
*sighs* of course i feel bad that he got hurt, but i can't feel to bad cause he was being dumb and not wearing a helmet, and if he ain't wearing a seat belt that is just as dumb, personally i wear a seat belt front or back. but that's me. not everyone has the same opinions. and if we keep our opinions to ourselves then we might as well just close down this thread.

i didn't mean to get ppl but upset, but i ain't gonna hold back for the sake of it. i say what's on my mind whether it sounds mean or nice. i like ben, i hope everything is all good, and he will be in my prayers, but him not wearing a helmet was stupid, and espically since everyone was telling him to stop. and he just brushed everyone off
Cool man reading this post the first time would have been a hole lot different then the others. I understand where you are coming from now. I Hope everything gets better for the Big B and I hope it is fast.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Here's a link for the Card thread

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7851

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Like I said in a post a few hundred back. Forget about the helmet issue. Ben shouldn't have been on the bike period. I really thought he would have woken up and not rode that damn bike. This was a selfish act by Ben. Ben didn't even think about his own family. Ben's own father lost a wife in a auto accident. Which happen to be Ben's real mother. Plus Ben gave the whole Steelers organization and his teammates the middle finger by riding that damn bike.

I don't want to sound like a jerk. I'm a big fan of Ben's. I have watched this guy since his college days. I just wished he would have used better judgement. Just shocking just shocking. I hope Ben is alright and comes back 100 percent healthy so he can function in his everyday life. I just hope this accident woke Ben up.

Koopa
has this been posted???

pics of the motorcycle, there's 7

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=5688350&pageNumber=2&slideShow=true

Steel - X
Just got home from work and saw the news.
It doesn't matter what team you play for, I don't want to see anyone seriously hurt over anything. Some things are just more important than football.
Good luck to him on a speedy recovery, I want you guys to be at full strength when we meet up on the field again this year.
Completely agree with you football is one thing injuries off the field or on the field suck and none of us want to see them happen.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Sources: Ben Injured Head, Face
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Sources tell KDKA that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger broke his jaw, fractured facial bones, suffered lacerations to the front and back of his head and sprained both his knees in a motorcycle accident this morning.

Both injuries to his knees, however, are not believed to be serious.

Roethlisberger also lost teeth in the accident.

This afternoon, doctors at Mercy Hospital reported that he was listed in "serious, but stable condition" and was undergoing surgery early this afternoon.

At this point, the hospital has not yet given another update on his condition.

SteelerFanInCA
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Man, I'm still in shock over this whole thing. Please let it be a nightmare.

Diamondgirl
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Checking in from Patriots Land to say - this is the kind of thing you hope never, never happens to a person. :( I hope he comes out of this okay... and I hope he wears his helmet from now on.

Keep in mind, Steelers faithful; I have accidentally whacked my head on our gas meter and 'bled profusely from a head wound...' hopefully the bleeding was standard-issue heavy headwound bleeding, ugly to see and easily stopped. The teeth and the jaw can be fixed; the sinus fracture is reparable. If he said his name to a witness right afterward, then hopefully that means his brain is fine. What worries me is the report on ESPN of 'knee injuries.' (!!!)

Thoughts and prayers from Boston.

EDIT - the knees are only sprained? Lucky, lucky man!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Maybe we could post a thread called Card for Ben where everyone can post a message to him and we could print it and send it to him?

That is an excellent Idea Prosdo. He is our QB so why not show we want him to pull through it.

floodcitygirl
06-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Sources: Ben Injured Head, Face
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Sources tell KDKA that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger broke his jaw, fractured facial bones, suffered lacerations to the front and back of his head and sprained both his knees in a motorcycle accident this morning.

Both injuries to his knees, however, are not believed to be serious.

Roethlisberger also lost teeth in the accident.

This afternoon, doctors at Mercy Hospital reported that he was listed in "serious, but stable condition" and was undergoing surgery early this afternoon.

At this point, the hospital has not yet given another update on his condition. Hey, thanks for this info. I think forgetting about all the info coming in and going for a drink sounds like the right idea. The docs will let us know when they can.

SteelerFanInCA
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Thank God it doesn't sound like his knees were badly damaged after all.

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Most 24 year old guys with no wife or kids frankly do not have a compelling need to be responsible because if they screw up they are not in a position to hurt family members depending on them for income and have rarely achieved a level of business success where co-workers at their company are hurt financially if they can no longer come to work.

Successful pro athletes are different - Ben frankly does not owe anything to the fans but he does have a responsibility not to let down his team.

Like everyone else on this board my first priority is to pray for his recovery to lead a full life. That having been said, while I would not have put it quite as graphically as Koopa, I agree with him that Ben's obstinance and immaturity in not wearing a helmet is a selfish act by which he has let down the one group to which he should be held accountable - his coaches and teammates.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Wait till Cowher gets a hold of him.....

ngreene15
06-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I just heard on another site that the Police are making a statement on ESPN radio in a few minutes... Anyone heard this?

Koopa
06-12-2006, 05:01 PM
they finna talk about the situation on around the horn

Hawk1
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey all... just wanted to pass along my best wishes from Seattle for Ben. You NEVER want to see anything like this happen. We're all praying for a full and speedy recovery!

-M

ARKIESTEEL
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Most 24 year old guys with no wife or kids frankly do not have a compelling need to be responsible because if they screw up they are not in a position to hurt family members depending on them for income and have rarely achieved a level of business success where co-workers at their company are hurt financially if they can no longer come to work.

Successful pro athletes are different - Ben frankly does not owe anything to the fans but he does have a responsibility not to let down his team.

Like everyone else on this board my first priority is to pray for his recovery to lead a full life. That having been said, while I would not have put it quite as graphically as Koopa, I agree with him that Ben's obstinance and immaturity in not wearing a helmet is a selfish act by which he has let down the one group to which he should be held accountable - his coaches and teammates.

Your wrong on this! He does owe it to us to not act like this. Ever time you go to a game or watch it on tv or buy a hat or whatever you and me and all the rest of us pay that man his money. Now that may sound cold but its the truth. I love the Steelers as much as the next guy or girl on here but you see all these folks worried about Ben its not all just about us winning football games we follow him in the paper and on tv and on here to see what is going on. If we are spending time worried about him maybe he should also try to do right for us.

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 05:08 PM

IMO if you look at from the sense that it's the fans who shell out their hard earned money to purchase season tickets, buy Steeler merchandise...etc, etc that ends up to help pay his multi-million dollar salary I don't think there's anything wrong with fans expecting him
not to do stupid things that's going to put himself in harms way.

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Your wrong on this! He does owe it to us to not act like this. Ever time you go to a game or watch it on tv or buy a hat or whatever you and me and all the rest of us pay that man his money. Now that may sound cold but its the truth. I love the Steelers as much as the next guy or girl on here but you see all these folks worried about Ben its not all just about us winning football games we follow him in the paper and on tv and on here to see what is going on. If we are spending time worried about him maybe he should also try to do right for us.

You beat me to it but that's my same sentiments.

Good post.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 05:11 PM
So far only news they said on KDKA is still in surgery.

Busforever
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Hope Ben will recover, and not just to be again the QB he is.

A friend of mine, who is surgeon, told me that "the broken jaw will not prevent Ben from throwing in september... if that's his only injury". It could be more complicated if there was an injury affecting his eyes or his vision.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
New from KDKA: Big Ben is STILL in surgery being treated for his facial injuries. Heart Rate, etc. was normal. He was conscious.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
ben better hope he likes that campbells soup. hes gonna be eating alot of it through a tube. if they havent shot his commercial yet, im pretty sure the shoot is off. but he will be a perfect pitchman now.

ngreene15
06-12-2006, 05:15 PM
New from KDKA: Big Ben is STILL in surgery being treated for his facial injuries. Heart Rate, etc. was normal. He was conscious.
Man, how long has he been in surgery

TexaSteeler
06-12-2006, 05:15 PM
IMO if you look at from the sense that it's the fans who shell out their hard earned money to purchase season tickets, buy Steeler merchandise...etc, etc that ends up to help pay his multi-million dollar salary I don't think there's anything wrong with fans expecting him
not to do stupid things that's going to put himself in harms way.

It's all about the money. If he can't play, he gets hit in the pocketbook.

There is no obligation between fans and players. If fans and players are respectible they assume an obligation to each other, but both parties have to oblige a respect for each other.

Ben does not owe us to "wear a helmet or not ride a motorcyle". He is stupid if he does because he risks a big once in a lifetime career. His incentive to be careful has to be a strong enough deterent to avoid dangerous activities, and seriously, do you think "I owe it to the fans" is really any deterent at all?

Saintsfan
06-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Those of us down here in the Southern land of the Black and Gold have Ben in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for all the info on the situation. Looks like you have a nice board. Come visit us at www.saintsreport.com

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
ben better hope he likes that campbells soup. hes gonna be eating alot of it through a tube. if they havent shot his commercial yet, im pretty sure the shoot is off. but he will be a perfect pitchman now.

Whatsup Tony? I wonder how Cleve is taking the news?

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks Saints! Awesome to see all these different fans from different teams show support!

Seth88101
06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm perrusing through other teams boards.. I have found the Pat's to be the most positive from this news. More positive and nice than this board... sad to say.

Cleveland and Seatle.. By far the worst.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Whatsup Tony? I wonder how Cleve is taking the news?its gotta be killing him to not be with his online friends sharing and gathering views. i guess we have to ban him from leaving the board for a lengthy period of time ever again

Big D
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
ok here is my disgust here. Koopla this isnt the time to be talking shit to anybody about anything concerning ben. And whats wrong with all of you that are just worried about football and how its going to effect our season. For the time being we should be caring about ben and his recovery not when he will throw a football again

Koopa
06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
ok here is my disgust here. Koopla this isnt the time to be talking shit to anybody about anything concerning ben. And whats wrong with all of you that are just worried about football and how its going to effect our season. For the time being we should be caring about ben and his recovery not when he will throw a football again

well see no one is arguing anymore, that was the past lol, no need to dwell on it. everyone has moved on, now it's your turn

Seth88101
06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.getwellsoonben.com/

Look what i found...

Big D
06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I know that the arguing is over. I just thought fighting about dumb shit was really meaningless in a time like this

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
ok here is my disgust here. Koopla this isnt the time to be talking shit to anybody about anything concerning ben. And whats wrong with all of you that are just worried about football and how its going to effect our season. For the time being we should be caring about ben and his recovery not when he will throw a football againhe could come out of the ordeal looking like mark hamill (luke skywalker). im sure he will have emotional scars to go with his physical ones.

Brady12
06-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Stay strong Ben, Hang in there and good luck in your recovery. The Entire Steelers Nation and NFL's thoughts are with you.

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
It's all about the money. If he can't play, he gets hit in the pocketbook.

There is no obligation between fans and players. If fans and players are respectible they assume an obligation to each other, but both parties have to oblige a respect for each other.

Ben does not owe us to "wear a helmet or not ride a motorcyle". He is stupid if he does because he risks a big once in a lifetime career. His incentive to be careful has to be a strong enough deterent to avoid dangerous activities, and seriously, do you think "I owe it to the fans" is really any deterent at all?

If Ben's career came to a screeching halt right now I would bet he's probably financially set from his signing bonus, sure the Rooney's cut Ben his check, but it's the fans who pay the bills.

"I owe it to the fans" might not be a deterent but it should at least be a consideration.

steelersgirl86
06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
its gotta be killing him to not be with his online friends sharing and gathering views. i guess we have to ban him from leaving the board for a lengthy period of time ever again

Well I can speak for clevestinks. He is very upset, I have talked to him a few times today and have tried to call him with any updating news. He only wishes to be by a computer to talk with you guys and to get the news himself. As you all know he would be on here 24/7 if he was here. He was very shocked as were we all when his brother called him with the news. I am sure if he can get to a computer in Cali he will. If you have any messages for him I will be talking to him later I will relay them. I am sure he will be glad to hear he is missed.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Well I can speak for clevestinks. He is very upset, I have talked to him a few times today and have tried to call him with any updating news. He only wishes to be by a computer to talk with you guys and to get the news himself. As you all know he would be on here 24/7 if he was here. He was very shocked as were we all when his brother called him with the news. I am sure if he can get to a computer in Cali he will. If you have any messages for him I will be talking to him later I will relay them. I am sure he will be glad to hear he is missed. i can imagine hes crushed. i hope his trip gets a little better and his devotion to the steelers and prescence here at steelersfever is definitely appreciated.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Man this sucks. I'm a emotional wreck right now. I get angry them I'm sad. I need a drink and alot of pills.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
62 year old woman from Maine...
Feel bad for her too

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Sprained knees thats not too bad

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
If he had glasses it would be a lot worse. Wonder what would have happend to his eyes if he had them.

Duck44
06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Falcons fan here. Just wanted you guys to know I hated hearing this news. I can`t stand the Steelers but I wouldn`t wish this on anyone. Hopefully he`ll recover quickly and be the same Big Ben when he recovers.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 05:52 PM
so did he really just sprain his knees, or is it just pa news sugar coating it??? casue espn is reporting torn ligaments

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Ben and his family (which is the entire Steeler Nation as far as I can tell).

Regarding people feeling annoyed with him regarding helmet use... I have worked for a decade in rehab at the major trauma hosiptal in this neck of the woods. I see a lot of people go through the same emotions when someone they care about is injured in a similar fashion. There is vacillation between absolute sympathy for the person and anger at him for making a choice that put himself in danger. All of these emotions are totally valid; they just show that these people truly care about the injured person.

One other thought regarding Ben. Even though its terribly frustrating that the head injury aspect of this crash would almost surely have been reduced by helmet use, I think you have to look at the big picture of who he is and take the good with the bad. Here you have a guy who came in his rookie season and proceeded to lead his team to an ungodly number of wins and an eventual Superbowl champsionship. He obviously has a unique psychological makeup that enables him to believe he is capable of doing things that more reasonable people wouldn't think were possible. Perhaps the same confidence that enable him to lead his team through the most difficult playoff path in the history of the NFL in only his second season would not have been there if he wasn't the same guy who unreasonably believed that he didn't need to wear a helmet.

Hopefully this will be just one more dramatic chapter of a long and storied NFL career. And maybe the silver lining of all this is that a few more kids in PA won't get killed this year because they learned they should wear a helmet when they ride their bike.

alpha
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
This is terrible news. Im sick home from today and this has just made the day worse.

I pray for Ben.

This accident is going to change his life forever. The only question is to what degree will the effects be. He will be scarred physically and emotionally. Sometimes the emotial aspect can be tougher to overcome.

In terms of injuries, I wonder how his hands are. There has been no mention of this. Was he wearing gloves? Even with gloves his hands could have sustained damage. If his knees are scraped and banged up from the landing, I would be surprised if his hands didnt sustain any injury.

I will be waiting for any news in the next few days and weeks.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Falcons fan here. Just wanted you guys to know I hated hearing this news. I can`t stand the Steelers but I wouldn`t wish this on anyone. Hopefully he`ll recover quickly and be the same Big Ben when he recovers.

Thanks Duck. You think I would wish this on anyone even if I hated the team.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 06:00 PM
so did he really just sprain his knees, or is it just pa news sugar coating it??? casue espn is reporting torn ligaments

KDKA is reporting that it's sprained knees. ESPN odds are they're sugar coating.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks Duck. And Koopa that is what KDKA is reporting.

Duck44
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I think his knees were just scraped up a bit.

WWIIOwheelz
06-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I just hope he doesn't remember the wreck. Chances are, he won't. I survived a severe head injury in 1987, and I have no recollection of the accident or being in the hospital at all. That was 2 1/2 weeks, scarily enough. He obviously had his bell rung pretty hard, so I'm thinking he won't remember it and he'll come back with the same intensity. The psychological battle about losing the teeth and any scars he might have will be tougher on him, I'll bet.

SteelerFanInCA
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I figure Ben is going to be sore for a couple of weeks as well. Hopefully there are no complications in the healing process.

Santonio4
06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I saw on NFL network that all he did was scrape his knee and that all that happened to his knee. Any truth to that?

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
KDKA is saying sprained. So not sure. No press conference on how the surgery went yet.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 06:26 PM
This is terrible news. Im sick home from today and this has just made the day worse.

I pray for Ben.

This accident is going to change his life forever. The only question is to what degree will the effects be. He will be scarred physically and emotionally. Sometimes the emotial aspect can be tougher to overcome.

In terms of injuries, I wonder how his hands are. There has been no mention of this. Was he wearing gloves? Even with gloves his hands could have sustained damage. If his knees are scraped and banged up from the landing, I would be surprised if his hands didnt sustain any injury.

I will be waiting for any news in the next few days and weeks.interresting point. especially considering the 2 different riding styles of a harley and rice burner. if he were on his harley he might have the time to put up both hands to brace his fall (in whick case he probably wouldve had 2 broken arms.) but not as extensive head injuries.

Rust-Buster
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey Steelers Fans.
Hang in there. Hopefully it's nothing more then a broken nose, which would bleed like a sonnuvagun. I hate to see anybody get hurt like that. Here's hoping he's healed up in time for the season.
-A SeaSquawk Fan

Santonio4
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
ESPN.com's John Clayton has confirmed a report that Roethlisberger also suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost teeth and has knee injuries from hitting the pavement. A plastic surgeon has been called in.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 06:30 PM
ESPN.com's John Clayton has confirmed a report that Roethlisberger also suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost teeth and has knee injuries from hitting the pavement. A plastic surgeon has been called in.

That has also been confirmed by KDKA And WTAE

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
John Clayton on 6 p.m. SportsCenter said injuries to knees not severe - Mike Greenberg on SportsCenter keeps referring to severe knee injuries and attributes that description of the injuries to Leigh Steinberg.

Watching the Ben interview from last year attempting to explain how you just need to be careful on a bike - how that protects you from other drivers remains a mystery to me.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks Rust!

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 06:38 PM
man it is sure nice seeing al the support for Big Ben from other teams on here

3 to be 4
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
WOW! i just saw this just now!!

My prayers and thoughts are obviously on Bens recovery and my support goes out to him, his family, and all of Steelers Nation.

tony hipchest
John Clayton on 6 p.m. SportsCenter said injuries to knees not severe - Mike Greenberg on SportsCenter keeps referring to severe knee injuries and attributes that description of the injuries to Leigh Steinberg.

Watching the Ben interview from last year attempting to explain how you just need to be careful on a bike - how that protects you from other drivers remains a mystery to me.i especially like how he says he dont ride sportsbikes (which he was on today). riding with a helmet on a harley is frowned upon and considered uncool within the biker community, while out cruising. but on a crotch rocket???????

SteelCityMan786
Better late then never to find out 3 to be 4

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
WOW! i just saw this just now!!

i thought you started the thread!!!!!:sofunny: :bouncy: :sofunny:

VegasStlrFan
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Has anyone heard how fast he was going

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Dammit, I gotta get ready for my damn graduation now...I wish I could stay on here to hear all the updates! Hopefully when I come back, things have been sort of cleared up and there is good news!

congrats on graduation! :smile:

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Watching the Ben interview from last year attempting to explain how you just need to be careful on a bike - how that protects you from other drivers remains a mystery to me.
You can be as careful as you want on a motorcycle...all it's going to take is that one person in a cage who isn't paying attention and WHAM you are on the ground bleeding and dying.....:helmet:

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Well I can speak for clevestinks. He is very upset, I have talked to him a few times today and have tried to call him with any updating news. He only wishes to be by a computer to talk with you guys and to get the news himself. As you all know he would be on here 24/7 if he was here. He was very shocked as were we all when his brother called him with the news. I am sure if he can get to a computer in Cali he will. If you have any messages for him I will be talking to him later I will relay them. I am sure he will be glad to hear he is missed.

tell Cleve that we've got the worrying and praying covered and to enjoy his time in Cali!

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM

He wasn't going over the speed limit.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
he was going through a green light at an intersection....so......what would you say? 30-40 mph? maybe less?

Ohio Steeler
He wasn't going over the speed limit.

thank goodness he was'nt or we could be talking about something different as to an outcome...

melroseplace
My thoughts and prayers go out to Ben and his family (which is the entire Steeler Nation as far as I can tell).

very well said...obviously none of us personally know Ben but I pretty much consider all of the guys members of my family (I call them my boys). thanks for your insight!

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
he was going through a green light at an intersection....so......what would you say? 30-40 mph? maybe less?

I've only driven thru that area a couple times but I think the speed limit is 40, maybe 50? and he did hit his brakes but it probably didn't slow him down much.

I just got home...did the Pgh Police ever hold their press conference? I assumed they'd detail exactly what happened (even tho we pretty much know) and maybe mention the speeds of both vehicles

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
thank goodness he was'nt or we could be talking about something different as to an outcome...

Some 62 yr. old mainer crashed into him.

Indy_Steelers
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
And this is why I agreed with Terry Bradshaw's comments. For that I got reamed out a few times by fellow fans.

He made Bradshaw look like a genius. (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/4494368/detail.html)

Why would somebody play football with a helmet but not ride a bike with ahelmet?
I am confoident he will live, thank God. But not sure if he will ever play again but I do hope he will. We will wait and see.

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 06:54 PM
i was soo scared my gram called and told me and i freaked out! this is insane! PRAY FOR BEN!!

melroseplace
He made Bradshaw look like a genius. (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/4494368/detail.html)

Why would somebody play football with a helmet but not ride a bike with ahelmet?
I am confoident he will live, thank God. But not sure if he will ever play again but I do hope he will. We will wait and see.

yeah I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when I think about the season without Ben...not because of what it would mean for the team, but because of what it would mean for him...he's got a long road ahead of him but I'm sure all the support from his family, teammates and fans will help

Prosdo
man it is sure nice seeing al the support for Big Ben from other teams on here

It really is. We have had Bengals, Patriots, Dophins, Colts, Broncos, Saints, Seahawks, and more I'm sure stop by. It is amazing!

Friday133
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I've only driven thru that area a couple times but I think the speed limit is 40, maybe 50? and he did hit his brakes but it probably didn't slow him down much.

I just got home...did the Pgh Police ever hold their press conference? I assumed they'd detail exactly what happened (even tho we pretty much know) and maybe mention the speeds of both vehicles

i was on the road yesterday, no way in that part of the city is the speed limit 40 or 50. its more like 25 or 35 MAX. they released a press statement, not a conference.

SteelerFanInCA
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
This section of the article states that the bike he was on is the world's fastest bike for legal street riding.. whatever that means.

"Roethlisberger was on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- the company calls it the world's fastest bike for legal street riding -- and headed toward an intersection on the edge of downtown. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown, police said."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9493892

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
story from nfl.com

PITTSBURGH (June 12, 2006) -- Steelers star Ben Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, broke his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash in which he was not wearing a helmet.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition later in the afternoon, Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital said before surgery.

The player's agent, Leigh Steinberg, described the injuries to The Associated Press and said he did not know if there was further damage.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

Roethlisberger's mother, Brenda, was crying as she arrived at the hospital.

Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team was "encouraged by the early reports from the medical team" at the hospital. "I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery."

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger was without a helmet, police said. He has said he likes to ride without one, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher.

Roethlisberger was on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- the company calls it the world's fastest bike for legal street riding -- and headed toward an intersection on the edge of downtown. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown, police said.

The other car was driven by a 62-year-old woman, police said. They didn't immediately release her name and no charges were filed.

Witness Sandra Ford was waiting at a bus stop when she said she saw the motorcycle approach. Seconds later, she said she heard a crash, saw the motorcyclist in the air and ran toward the crash scene.

"He wasn't moving and I was afraid that he had died. ... He wasn't really speaking. He seemed dazed but he was resisting the effort to make him stay down," said Ford, who didn't realize the motorcyclist was Roethlisberger.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Kraus said police and homicide units were leading the investigation, a standard practice when there is an accident with critical injuries.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl title in February at age 23. Training camp for next season begins at the end of July.

Several teammates, including backup quarterback Charlie Batch, linebacker Joey Porter and safety Mike Logan, arrived at the hospital emergency room but did not comment.

Some fans also gathered at the hospital, including Juanita Clark, who sells Steelers paraphernalia.

"I just feel like he's a family member," said her daughter, Loretta Clark.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's state law requiring helmets to be worn was repealed in September 2003.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."

Friday133
06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
i was soo scared my gram called and told me and i freaked out! this is insane! PRAY FOR BEN!!

seriously you need to get a grip man. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
suzuki hiayabusa????? the company calls it the fastest bike in the world for legal street riding. bens was the 2005 model. i guess the harleys werent cool enough no more.

beSteelmyheart
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
It was already a crappy day before I got this news..the guys in the shipping department told me & I was like "What??" They know I love Ben & at first I thought they were messing with me, but no, who would do a thing like that?
It was breaking news on the radio in Florida!
How horrible it would have been if it ended his life. I'm thankful he is ok & have faith in the doctors, I'm sure he will get the best money can buy.
I'm praying he will recover fine, maybe with a few scars & a hard lesson learned.
I'm not going to get into any opinion about no helmet vs. helmet laws, it's basically too late for "shoulda-woulda-coulda"-I'm just glad he's alive.
As far as the season goes, I'm sure Charlie will step up, with the rest of the team behind him.
We're mad as hell at you, Ben, but we love you anyway! Get well soon!

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 07:01 PM
seriously you need to get a grip man. :rolleyes:
ya i am over reacting i kno he will be ok!!

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
i was on the road yesterday, no way in that part of the city is the speed limit 40 or 50. its more like 25 or 35 MAX. they released a press statement, not a conference.

I know it's definitely not 25, at least not the whole way...I came in on Grant St and took 2nd Ave to the Hot Metal Bridge so I drove quite a ways past the 10th St Bridge...maybe it jumps up after that

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
ya i am over reacting i kno he will be ok!!

BTW your sig is totally f'd up, way too big bro.

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I know it's definitely not 25, at least not the whole way...I came in on Grant St and took 2nd Ave to the Hot Metal Bridge so I drove quite a ways past the 10th St Bridge...maybe it jumps up after that

let's call it even and say 35 MPH. :smile:

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 07:06 PM
lol...deal, Friday

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 07:06 PM
One report said Roethlisberger's Suzuki motorcycle left a 20-foot skid mark.

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM

i heard the same thing on KDKA. they said that will help them determine the actual speed of the bike during the investigation.

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
BTW your sig is totally f'd up, way too big bro.
sry im new at steeler fever threads!!

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
sry im new at steeler fever threads!!

lol no problem bro, welcome. pretty good group here.

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 07:13 PM
lol no problem bro, welcome. pretty good group here.
ya this is prob. the forum site i will stick with i like this one the best!!

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Please read the signature expectation thread Steel.

Liz
06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I wonder what Jerome will say about all this on air

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
how is this!

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 07:17 PM

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 07:19 PM

very cool

the steelers family sticking togather at this time of need

Black and Gold for LIFE

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:19 PM

ugh. with all the articles online i can't remember where i read it, however he was concerned about ben's well being from the standpoint of being a friend.

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
while we're on it, bradshaw released a statement, bottom line it said he was concerned about ben's well being.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Their talking about it now on the CBS Evening News. Hopefully we'll get an update.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Their talking about it now on the CBS Evening News. Hopefully we'll get an update.

man they are talking about it on most ever channel I go to on tv and the radio

sparky
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
This is really sad news. My prayers are with Ben... I feel kinda sick inside.

WorstTrollEver
06-12-2006, 07:27 PM
This Patriots fan fears Big Ben more than any other opposing QB. He's an amazing talent and I hope he fully recovers!

We're praying for you in New England Ben!

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 07:28 PM
i saw the same reports but they were in regards to bengalbrians underwear.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 07:29 PM
They've got an update on ESPN.GO but its breaking up and Ican't make out what they are saying....title to the video is.....Roethlisberger Breaks Jaw, but Has No Knee Injury

WhoDey Nation
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Just droppin in to wish the best to ben and the city of Pit...Even though most of you were probably cheering wildly when Carson went down with his serious knee injury...I thought it would only be the right thing to wish him a speedy recovery...Yes we Bengals wish you all the best and feel your pain...but we still do it with some class

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
opps

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
There is no indication the other driver did anything wrong - let's not turn into a lynch mob (I pulled the link to the driver's name out of my reply message)

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
There is no indication the other driver did anything wrong - let's not turn into a lynch mob

agreed.

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Aggghhh you quoted the address - edit edit edit atlantadan!

NM

Friday133
06-12-2006, 07:39 PM
well they (the media) did release her name, and you can find it on a public website.

Indy_Steelers
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
OK, I have settled down now. I saw video at www.espn.com that said his knees are better than they orginally thought. great news.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Seriously do not post that address! That's just wrong!

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Just droppin in to wish the best to ben and the city of Pit...Even though most of you were probably cheering wildly when Carson went down with his serious knee injury...I thought it would only be the right thing to wish him a speedy recovery...Yes we Bengals wish you all the best and feel your pain...but we still do it with some class
Dude, here is some unsolicited advice from a non-Steeler. Take it or leave it. If your intent is truly to be supportive of a community that is getting through some crappy events, hold off on taking digs at the people you are talking to. If you would have restrained from writing sentences 2 and 5, you would have written a great post. But you kinda ruined the points you were trying to make by adding those comments. :twocents:

Indy_Steelers
06-12-2006, 07:48 PM

I was not cheering. I was a little nervous. I have a bunch of respect for Kitna. He has shown he can play and I think is is a better runner than Carson.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I felt bad when Carson went down.

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
well they (the media) did release her name, and you can find it on a public website.
That sucks. All it takes is one idiot armed with that info and a few beers and this event could get even uglier.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM

I wasn't happy or cheering at all when Carson Palmer suffered his injury. About Ben and his accident. I feel bad he could have died. But Ben shouldn't have been on the motorcycle to begin with. It just wasn't a wise move on Ben's part.

melroseplace
06-12-2006, 07:59 PM
is it confirmed that Joey Porter showed up at the hospital? not that I doubt it, but on WPXI they only mentioned Batch and Logan

Steelers_Girl
06-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Man, I'm still in shock over this whole thing. Please let it be a nightmare.

Thats what I've been hoping for all day. :crying02:

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Just a little heads up for anyone I see that address on this site again you're gone.

WWIIOwheelz
06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Which site/news channel reported the name & address!? That is just wrong. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
It was posted on here once the name of the person was released.

WWIIOwheelz
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Hopefully the media pulled that information, but I fear the worst

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
There is no indication the other driver did anything wrong - let's not turn into a lynch mob (I pulled the link to the driver's name out of my reply message)

I hear ya, there is no person right now that feels worse than that lady right now. I feel bad for her also.

Lyn
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
All if us here in Lansing, MI who watched the Palmer thing felt terrible about it. Noone likes to see a player go down, noone at least not a real sportsman. All this with Ben could easily have been avoided if he had not been on the damn bike to begin with.

Lyn
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I hear ya, there is no person right now that feels worse than that lady right now. I feel bad for her also.

I feel very badly for that woman as I do for anyone who hits and harms another human being, no matter who it is. That druver has to live with this the rest of her life. What a cross to bear

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 08:31 PM
is it confirmed that Joey Porter showed up at the hospital? not that I doubt it, but on WPXI they only mentioned Batch and Logan

wouldn't surprise me if he showed up and tried to deliver some words of wisdom to Big Ben. Joey has had a situation like this happen before when he was shot.

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Just a little heads up for anyone I see that address on this site again you're gone.
I think the difference between a lame forum and a good one is often determined by the moderators. Most of the time mods can get overzealous and ruin a community by using their power to edit and ban too much. But I think you are making a great call Prosdo by drawing a line in the sand about the woman's personal info. This is a perfect example of why moderators are needed to maintain a healthy forum community like you have here at SF.
:beerbang: to you Prosdo.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Thank you very much Hawk & Steel

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM

I think the difference between a lame forum and a good one is often determined by the moderators. Most of the time mods can get overzealous and ruin a community by using their power to edit and ban too much. But I think you are making a great call Prosdo by drawing a line in the sand about the woman's personal info. This is a perfect example of why moderators are needed to maintain a healthy forum community like you have here at SF.
to you Prosdo.

I second what Hawk said about this. It gets annoying when you see people post the same thing over and over and over and over again.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much Hawk & Steel.

Anytime prosdo. I can see why SteelersFever Made you a Mod. Keep up the good work as you have done.

Steelers_Girl
06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I felt bad when Carson went down.

I did too.

Its sad to see ANY player get injured on the field.

I mean Football rivalry is all fun and everything,
but I think no decent person would wish harm on
someone because your NFL teams are rivals.

BlackNGold203
06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Kudos to all the classy fans from other sites posting their best wishes...

it's greatly appreciated

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
onyone in Pittsburgh heard about another news conference commin up tonight?

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Have not heard any reports pertaining to Ben. Waiting.........when I do I will give you the news bro.

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
onyone in Pittsburgh heard about another news conference commin up tonight?

I would bet we get a presser after surgery is completed from the lead surgeon and/or the Rooneys later tonight.

Steelers_Girl
06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
ESPN
Press Conference RIGHT NOW!!

24seven
06-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm still in shock since 1st hearing.. First Jeff Gordon yesterday and now this.. It's been a terrible last couple days.. GET WELL SOON BIG BEN!!!

BDDFC
06-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get over here.
I hope Ben will be ok. It sounds like it won't affect his playing time. That's great news.
He'll be in our thoughts and prayers until he recovers.
Next time, wear a darn helmet Ben!

caligirlsteelerfan86
06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
My Aunt from Greensburg, PA called me this morning (CA time) to let me know what happened. At first, I was in shock "Oh, NO not Big Ben our starting QB", I feel so bad for him. But, I had to remember when I was about 12 and my Mom worked for a head injury rehab hospital, there I was taught a lesson about helmets. I said to myself I shouldn't feel sorry for them. Yes, what happened to them was sad and not always their fault (accident was caused by someone else). I don't understand why people don't take precautions to care for themeselves. I thought before Big Ben came around that people are idots not wearing helmets on bikes or motorcycles. It's so easy to become a veggie, why wouldn't you just put a damn helmet on your head. Yes, Ben coulda had a helmet on and still had injuries, but those injuries could heal. You lose your brain and not much else can be done. He could still have injuries that may prevent him from playing football, but at least he'd still have his brain (worse comes to worse alive and no football). I really hope this is a wake up call to him, not because he is our QB, but because he is a person with a family and no one should have to go through that. But, come on...wear a helmet..protect yourself. I wonder if he wears his seatbelt. I don't wish anyone harm, but be smart. I honestly don't feel sorry for him (many of you may be angry about that). I'm not changing my opinion just because of who he is. I do wish him a speedy recovery, my prayers to him and his family. Just be smart, take care of yourself!

j-dawg
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
man... this sucks... i hope he has a speedy recovery.... even though a bunch of folks ripped on K2 for his accident, i'm not about to sink to that level.

Big Ben... hope you get back soon.

Koopa
06-12-2006, 09:25 PM
man... this sucks... i hope he has a speedy recovery.... even though a bunch of folks ripped on K2 for his accident, i'm not about to sink to that level.

there is a HUGE difference in what kellen did and what ben did, kellen was acting like a fool in the parking lot showing off. ben was just riding, yes no helmet, but he wasn't acting an ass like your boy kellen was......just thought i'd point that out

dbish33
06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Yea...it appears that shes from out of town...which is good for her....hopefully she kept on going back to Maine!

I gotta vent about something....Im sick of everyone saying that he should wear a helmet....hes a grown man and if he chooses to not wear a helmet thats his choice....he doesnt owe it to us, his teammates, or the organization to wear a helmet when he rides his bike....................

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
there is a HUGE difference in what kellen did and what ben did, kellen was acting like a fool in the parking lot showing off. ben was just riding, yes no helmet, but he wasn't acting an ass like your boy kellen was......just thought i'd point that out

about time someone post that it gets me so piss*d off to hear people say this is just like what KW did..

and j-dawg thanks for the nice post

PisnNapalm
06-12-2006, 09:36 PM
If Ben makes a full recovery I bet he'll think twice about riding again and certainly won't ride without a helmet.

OHIOSTEELERSFAN
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
News Conference is about to start - mikes are up

j-dawg
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM

hey man.. my point was that i hope he recovers quickly... something a lot of people were NOT saying when kellen got hurt...

i could argue that Ben was an ass for not wearing a helmet... a helmet would have helped him in this accident.... i ride a bike, it's the law in california, but i wear an dot rated helmet...

i'm not trying to start anything... i just hope people realize it's a bad idea to hot rod on a bike, and not wear a helmet.

24seven
06-12-2006, 09:44 PM
of course he will ride with a helmet.. I serioulsy doubt he'll get to ride a bike again though .. at least while employed by the steelers.. If i was rooney it would be my way or the highway.. literally..

SteelerFan091472
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Per ESPNews: Press conference to start at 10 p.m.

OHIOSTEELERSFAN
06-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Just because someone rides a bike does not mean they hot rod. I am sure if he rides again he will wear a helmet. He cares too much for the team. But lets not forget we all make mistakes. Don't we?

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 09:50 PM

There are even times when the biggest rivals have to drop there rivalry lines for a moment and console their fellow NFL Fan Peers. Thanks Man.

Rush58
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Call me clueless but I thought Ben got rid of the motorcycle. I guess not. I hope Ben recovers.

OHIOSTEELERSFAN
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Call me clueless but I thought Ben got rid of the motorcycle. I guess not. I hope Ben recovers.

No he says it relaxes him

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
is there a news conference on espn??
or another chan...........

Koopa
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
hey man.. my point was that i hope he recovers quickly... something a lot of people were NOT saying when kellen got hurt...

i could argue that Ben was an ass for not wearing a helmet... a helmet would have helped him in this accident.... i ride a bike, it's the law in california, but i wear an dot rated helmet...

i'm not trying to start anything... i just hope people realize it's a bad idea to hot rod on a bike, and not wear a helmet.

oh, i know where you are coming from. i was just wanting to say that, and since you brought up kellen i thought this would be a good time

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Just because someone rides a bike does not mean they hot rod. I am sure if he rides again he will wear a helmet. He cares too much for the team. But lets not forget we all make mistakes. Don't we?

Aggreed OhioSteelersFan. Every man woman and child in the world will make 1 mistake in their lives. All we can do when we make them is learn from them.

OHIOSTEELERSFAN
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
ESPNEWS

Skinsfan28
06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I gotta vent about something....Im sick of everyone saying that he should wear a helmet....hes a grown man and if he chooses to not wear a helmet thats his choice....he doesnt owe it to us, his teammates, or the organization to wear a helmet when he rides his bike....................

I agree with you about this, it's his choice and his future at risk, nobody elses , he is a single guy with no kids.

I am also sick to death of talk show callers trying to say that he is a "role model" to thier kids and should have know better. People become role models by how they act in public , not by passing a darn ball or scoring a home run.:twocents:

I hope Big Ben has a full recovery.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont have ESPNews
what are they saying

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
NEW FROM FSN PST:Big Ben is OUT of Surgery.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
NEW FROM FSN PST:Big Ben is OUT of Surgery.

thats good news now lets wait for an update as to how he is doing

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Total Overall

Roethlisberger as I have said is OUT of Surgery
He Has Multiple Face Fractures
It took 7 Hours To Repair

All Of This is from FSN's PST

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Has any report mentioned the status of his vision?

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 10:14 PM

nothin as of now

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM

Not yet but if such happens either 83, Myself, or one of the other great Steelers Fans Of this board or just a fan in general will let you know.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM
There will be a Steelers New Conference on his status in a few minutes. Us locals are as clueless are you awesome Steeler faithful's from out of town. I'm sure updates will be reported here..............

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 10:17 PM
There will be a Steelers New Conference on his status in a few minutes. Us locals are as clueless are you awesome Steeler faithful's from out of town. I'm sure updates will be reported here..............

nows the time I wish I still lived in the burgh, good thing I got you all to keep me updated

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
thanks
keep us updated

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
UPDATE NOW FROM DOCS ON LOCAL FOX:

Multiple facial fractures. 7 hour surgery. Surgery successful on his face. Brain and Spine........NO INJURIES. Serious but stable still. Not expected to change through the evening. New updates not expected until tomorrow morning.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
He remains in serious but stable condition. For those who did NOT see the report he got out at 9 from his surgery.