PDA

View Full Version : Is this the year...

tanda10506
10-24-2011, 12:27 AM
that we beat Brady and the Pats? We played pretty well today and the defense has played great 3 games straight. The offense didn't seem to let up today, although the run game sucked and we missed a few opportunities, overall the offense was good. I'm not sure exactly but I don't think the Pats defense is as good as the Cards, I think we can score 30+. If we are ever going to do it this is the year: our pass defense is as good as it can be, their offense seems a bit weaker than last years and their defense is horrible, and it's in Pittsburgh. We need the offense playing like they did today, or even better like they did against the Titans, and we need pressure on Brady. Lately he is pretty bad against pressure. Woodley and Keisel have been getting a good amount of pressure and if Harrison can play we got a good chance at frustrating him. Also, they will dink and dunk on us to TE's and Brady will make reads and complete balls that other QB's wouldn't, but Gay and Lewis are playing a lot better and I don't think those dink and dunks will be there that often. I'm confident but not certain that we will win this one finally.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
6-10 is okay if we beat the pats this year. i hate that team

PhantomJB93
10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
We better bring an offensive gameplan besides bomb to Wallace. I guarantee after that TD today Belichick is going to have a heavy focus in his defensive gameplan on shutting down Wallace (Not that the Pats have the greatest defensive personnel ever or anything but I wouldn't doubt for a second that Belichick find a way to minimize Wallace's effectiveness). Sanders and Brown are going to have to step up big time in this one.

I don't expect the defense to slow down Brady much (if at all), this game, like last year, is going to come down to whether or not Ben can step up and put up some major offensive points. Last year he got off to a slow start and didn't pick it up until the 4th quarter, this week the offense is going to have to come out firing on all cylinders from the opening kickoff.

Steel_Bus_24
10-24-2011, 01:46 AM
If Brady can text messages to his wife and scratch his nuts before having to pass like last year, then no, we don't have a shot

Its as simple as that, if we can't hit em into making mistakes then we won't win.

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 01:50 AM
If they put McCourty one on one with Wallace, I guarantee at least a 45 yard catch. Sanders and Brown will also stretch their garbage safeties, leaving the middle of the field pretty much open for Miller

Third Rail
10-24-2011, 02:39 AM
I always prepare for the worst when we play the Pats, and getting them off their damned bye week certainly doesn't bode well. However... one thing that's been clear this season is that their defense hasn't been great. Their offense has been good enough that it hasn't really mattered, but even Brady has faltered in a few games (4 picks in the Buffalo game and just barely winning against Dallas last week).

I think that Ben can absolutely torch the Pats' D. However, I also believe Brady can torch our D. And as much as I hate to say it, Brady is the better QB of the two, or at least he gets more points on the board week in and week out. Additionally, the Pats running game looks better than ours.

Nevertheless, it really comes down to who can make adjustments better. We've failed to do that against the Pats every time we've played them. If we have that "just keep doing the same dumb shit that's not working" approach again, then we will lose. However, if we play like we did this week and like we did in the game against the Titans, then we can absolutely beat the Pats. A balanced offense (like we had against Tennessee) would be best, but if it's not working, then air it out like we did against the Cards. A "whatever works" approach is the key here, not a "whatever we thought would work before the game started" approach.

skinart82
10-24-2011, 02:50 AM
Only way we can win, besides sacking the shit out of Brady, is with the west coast offense. Ben and the offense have to be on the field longer than Brady, they have to control the ball and own the clock and keep our D off the field and rested. If they use the same game plan like against Jacksonville and Indy then we have no chance. A three and out is just as bad as an INT against the Pats.

tanda10506
10-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Dallas held them to 17 points and that wasn't till a final drive touchdown. Their defense isn't "not doing well", it sucks. This year our pass d is way better, if Woodley and Keisel continue to get pressure it will make up for the mistakes that will be made in the secondary. Realistically, if we had Taylor and Revis as CB's Brady could still pass on us, they pass on everybody, but if Dallas can hold them to 17 then so can we.I know Gay and Lewis will look bad, but they won't look as bad as last year. We need to play the dime packages we have been using and the offense needs to play like they did against the titans. We should be able to do as good on offense as today or like the first half verse the jags, that's how bad their defense is. I like our chances, this is our best chance since Cassel started that game for them.

Steel_Bus_24
10-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Dallas held them to 17 points and that wasn't till a final drive touchdown. Their defense isn't "not doing well", it sucks. This year our pass d is way better, if Woodley and Keisel continue to get pressure it will make up for the mistakes that will be made in the secondary. Realistically, if we had Taylor and Revis as CB's Brady could still pass on us, they pass on everybody, but if Dallas can hold them to 17 then so can we.I know Gay and Lewis will look bad, but they won't look as bad as last year. We need to play the dime packages we have been using and the offense needs to play like they did against the titans. We should be able to do as good on offense as today or like the first half verse the jags, that's how bad their defense is. I like our chances, this is our best chance since Cassel started that game for them.

People said the same thing about em last year when they were spanked by the stains, and then they killed us

Thus far in this season, I haven't seen anything to make me feel comfortable that we can win this one.....

Our D has gotten off easy with the schedule/timing of injuries of Star WRs....the stats are deceiving

The real test starts now.....Hope they can make me a believer:tt03:

steeltheone
10-24-2011, 06:24 AM
We can win any game...Just not sure this will be one of them.

Daysnways
10-24-2011, 08:17 AM
two good offensive outings in a row . . . . ?

Not gonna happen.

Our D will struggle to stop the Patriots, so Ben and the Offense need to function well again this week, . . big ask!

4xSBChamps
10-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Is this the year that we beat Brady and the Pats?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/HOW-ABOUTNO.jpg

I'm not optimistic

:noidea:

plenewken
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't see it happening.

Steelerfreak58
10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
I see a two game possibly 3 game losing streak looming. The way the team has played up to now it has way too much of a Dr. Jeckyl Mr. Hyde look. Brady and Bill will shred us and create a TD race and the Steelers wont be able to keep up.

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Let Ben and the no-huddle loose
Get in an early rhythm. Do not let NE play with a lead. They're topnotch frontrunners

bornaSteelersfan
10-24-2011, 10:38 PM
The key to this game is NOT long bombs and no huddle. The key is to slowly march the ball downfield and eat as much of the clock as possible while finishing drives with TD's. Keep their defense on the field and Brady off and it will mess up his rhythm. No INT's on offense and some good blitz packages on defense should work. The Pats D will be looking for the long throw and give us short outs all day, we must take them. Keep good coverage on their receivers and we win the turn over battle. We have the better team. It will be an easy win if we can simply execute.

Goldsteel86
10-24-2011, 10:53 PM
As silly as this may sound I feel the Steelers may be looking past this game to the Ravens. I just get the feeling they want the Ravens more, now to win this one honestly they will have to offensively match the Pats play for play and get the "One-Up" advantage over them. Only way for a Steeler win is to have Brady on his back and to keep Ben upright looking for alot more possession throws, Brown, Sanders and Wallace need seperation underneath, if the Steelers look to win by the long ball they have already lost!!!!!

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 10:57 PM
As silly as this may sound I feel the Steelers may be looking past this game to the Ravens. I just get the feeling they want the Ravens more, now to win this one honestly they will have to offensively match the Pats play for play and get the "One-Up" advantage over them. Only way for a Steeler win is to have Brady on his back and to keep Ben upright looking for alot more possession throws, Brown, Sanders and Wallace need seperation underneath, if the Steelers look to win by the long ball they have already lost!!!!!

i doubt it's possible to look past NE, even if they are playing the ravens the week after. i'm pretty sure the last ass whipping they gave us is still fresh in the minds of a lot of our players

Goldsteel86
10-24-2011, 11:00 PM
i doubt it's possible to look past NE, even if they are playing the ravens the week after. i'm pretty sure the last ass whipping they gave us is still fresh in the minds of a lot of our players

Could be, only reason I say that is the Ravens are a divisional game and to boot the ass whipping received week 1 is more fresh in the minds than that of last years Pats game. I really would love to see a Steeler win this Sunday, but truthfully a sound drumming of the Ravens would be just as sweet!

JCPsteelers
10-24-2011, 11:40 PM
6-10 is okay if we beat the pats this year. i hate that team

uh no. I'll take a winning season over beating the Pats

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-25-2011, 12:59 AM
I agree with your whole post, TANDA, except this part:

We need to play the dime packages we have been using and the offense needs to play like they did against the titans.

Dime and nickel packages are usually what we bring against the Pats and it has thus far gotten us a few of good azz-whuppins. You CANNOT cover all of Tom Brady's weapons-- he will find that one open guy.

The Chargers show the league every year how to beat these precision pocket passer types when they have their annual beating of Peyton manning, and the Giants showed us in SB XLII that Brady is no better when he gets pressured and harassed.

Coverage defenses like Dimes and nickels take our best guys off the field (our front 7), in favor of putting more coverage guys on the field. Our coverage guys stink beyond Ike, and going with this strategy is a sure recipe for failure. Dimes and nickels leave guys like Gay, Farrior, and the younger DBs trying to cover Gronkowski or the slot receivers.

Our best bet is to keep our best players on the field, and let them impose THEIR will on NE, not the other way around. When we come out in those coverage defenses, we are changing our gameplan to cater to NE. We should come out in the traditional 3-4 and force NE to change THEIR gameplan to try and counter what WE are doing.

We need to bring the pass rush, and be committed to that course of action. Brady is NOT Big Ben-- he chokes under pressure and won't find the open guy when he is having to avoid Ziggy Hood, Woodley, Silverback, and Brett Kiesel in his backfield. It is so frustrating-- we have such a great assortment of pass rushers, but we expect them to drop back and play coverage when we play these spread offenses. It doesn't work-- we should stick to our guns, and make Brady eat the turf on Heinz as many times as possible.

steelers33
10-25-2011, 01:32 AM
Its boils down to the offensive line playing well. Only way we can have long drives and keep Brady off the field.

Bayz101
10-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Our line has been good enough lately to give Ben time to throw it. It has been good enough for Mendenhall to run it as well, but he prefers to try out for Dancing with the stars. He must have been with Ward during the filming of the Polamalu shampoo commercial!

4xSBChamps
10-30-2011, 08:17 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/HOW-ABOUTNO.jpg

I'm not optimistic

:noidea:

GLAD that I was mistaken!!!

:thumbsup:

steelfury02
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
haha - no matter what we all thought before a huge win against a top tier team, we all know where this team can go moving forward! MuAHAHAHAAHAAHhahahahahAHAHa

Fire Arians
10-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Our line has been good enough lately to give Ben time to throw it. It has been good enough for Mendenhall to run it as well, but he prefers to try out for Dancing with the stars. He must have been with Ward during the filming of the Polamalu shampoo commercial!

you know who needs dancing lessons, antonio brown. his td celebrations are just atrocious lol

Bayz101
10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
you know who needs dancing lessons, antonio brown. his td celebrations are just atrocious lol

Yeah, I spent a half an hour trying to figure out what the hell he was doing. I thought maybe it was a seizure. Scary stuff.

stb_steeler
10-30-2011, 11:47 PM
So much for all the negative Nancies....Steelers came up with a great game plan.