PDA

View Full Version : James Farrior has become worthless to this defense

jtbsteeler
10-24-2011, 01:18 AM
This better be the last season that Lebeau and Tomlin try to ride this guy. I think it is because alot of $$$ has to be cut to sign Wallace. I'm sick of seeing Farrior trailing someone coming out of the backfield for big yardage. It's become an embarassment.

Also, William Gay's exposure starts this Sunday. Don't like him and as usual Tomlin tries to hide a player's ineptitude within the system until an opponent exposes his ass. This week I say Gay gets exposed. I hope he prove's me wrong.

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 01:22 AM
This better be the last season that Lebeau and Tomlin try to ride this guy. I think it is because alot of $$$ has to be cut to sign Wallace. I'm sick of seeing Farrior trailing someone coming out of the backfield for big yardage. It's become an embarassment.

Also, William Gay's exposure starts this Sunday. Don't like him and as usual Tomlin tries to hide a player's ineptitude within the system until an opponent exposes his ass. This week I say Gay gets exposed. I hope he prove's me wrong.

If Gay struggles. then Lewis will take his spot. Farrior vs any RB or TE will get burned, like in the Houston game. If Timmons could of gotten more pressure on that 70 yrd TD, then that pass wouldn't have gone to the house.

Steeldude
10-24-2011, 01:33 AM
i think farrior will be gone next season, but it depends on depth. i would rather have farrior over foote.

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 02:00 AM
If Gay struggles. then Lewis will take his spot. Farrior vs any RB or TE will get burned, like in the Houston game. If Timmons could of gotten more pressure on that 70 yrd TD, then that pass wouldn't have gone to the house.

Troy fell on that play as well. He played unusually bad for the first time this season.

As for Farrior, I would like it to be his last but we haven't worked Sylvester in the rotation at all. So Farrior AND Foote may be back again.

tanda10506
10-24-2011, 03:51 AM
I sure hope not. Out of the 11 starters on defense, he has became the worst. I almost feel bad for him because he is garuanteed to be beat a few times a game for big yards. Every play he is behind somebody. We will see if Gay and/or Lewis can step up against NE, but win or loss, it will be painful to watch Gronkowski or Hernandez 5-6 steps ahead of Farrior picking up a first down. Probably will see it 10 times.

OX1947
10-24-2011, 04:39 AM
This thread is a ****ing joke.

steeltheone
10-24-2011, 05:22 AM
This thread is a ****ing joke.

No, the joke is watching this guy get smoked week after week.

Daysnways
10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
I fear for Potsie this week, we need to get Sly in on obvious passing downs, but I doubt Dick has learnt his lesson from the SB yet!

Why the hell we didn't keep Keyaron Fox I don't know?

The sight of Potsie tackling thin air at one point last night haunts me!

ebsteelers
10-24-2011, 08:34 AM
probably retire depending on how the team finishes

ebsteelers
10-24-2011, 08:41 AM
some dudes are just bitter in every thread bashing anyone they can on the team

Vis
10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
2011 PIT 7 7 45 33 12 2.0 -- 3 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
2010 PIT 16 16 109 80 29 6.0 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2009 PIT 16 16 102 68 34 3.0 -- 5 1 18 -- 18 0 1 1
2008 PIT 16 16 133 87 46 3.5 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2007 PIT 16 16 94 64 30 6.5 -- 7 1 0 -- 0 0 2 --
2006 PIT 16 16 128 85 43 4.0 -- 6 1 1 -- 1 0 2 1

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/James-Farrior/f7f4fe77-9d04-41fa-ba5e-c5c0c49ca51c

He's consistent and on pace for a typical year.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm still drinkin' the half full glass so I'll just say a few words re: Farrior and re: NE game

- Farrior: Name 10 starting LBs from any team that should start for us in his place and I'll give you at least 10 teams that would love his services (obviously he fits the Cardinals' requirements lol) He might be a step slower but he is wiser - if our wins/losses rely on his position making/missing tackles than we are a lot worse than we think. If the D-line wasn't getting blown off the ball in the Houston game like they were - we wouldn't even be having the conversation. I agree - the guy is on pace for another solid season. Any small RB is going to burn a LB in open space - and let's not even get into how the league is putting defenses in general at a disadvantage

- Farrior v. NE personnel - if we can't get pressure with minimum amount of blitzers nothing else matters. If we can't force a turnover and score nothing else matters. Their O needs to be sitting on the bench as much as possible. If someone thinks we can use 6 to 7 Dbs like the Jets did well the Patriots have already figured that one out too - they'll just run it (although I'd like to think with our new-look D-line we will stop that) If we're praying that Farrior doesn't get exposed we've lost already.

- Steelers v. New England - I'd love to say we are due but that doesn't mean much. Our offense needs to seize this opportunity to put the team on its back - if we have a brain fart again and sputter we are done. I have a feeling our defense is going to keep it close - but only for so long. I'm gonna pull my hair out if we have one of those "at least we got 3 out of it" - cause then we are screwed. I can almost guarantee if Brady gets them to our 30 they are going to score 7 so we have to match it. I can't see us winning without a great output from offense unless the defense plays completely out of its mind and having one memorable performance sacking and creating turnovers left and right. Ideally I'd love for us to smear him all over the field - but don't count on that.

queeg
10-24-2011, 10:45 AM

Be professional....its teamwork.....miserable posts are getting old!

queeg
10-24-2011, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=ebsteelers;955665]some dudes are just bitter in every "

There are some personally miserable people posting in this forum...we support the Steelers...some moderator must get the attention of unprofessional postings...

Let em eat ketchup
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM

He didn't stand out as much to me as Ike and Troy did this week.

BKAnthem
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah he's lost a step or 2...but unless there is someone one the bench better he should start....the fact that none of our current second year LB's can beat him out speaks volumes to me

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 11:32 AM
You can't have in-their-prime stars at every position. Every defense has a weakness, and the key is at least getting SOMETHING from those positions of weakness so that it's easier to cover them up. Farrior knows the scheme, is still excellent in gaps and in the run game. We just have to make sure we don't let teams isolate certain players(i.e. Ray Rice) on him.

You can't be perfect at every facet of the game, the NFL is set up to make sure you can't do that for the sake of parity.

LVSteelersfan
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Negative Nancy posts are just getting so old. A 32-20 butt whooping on the road and some people are not happy. I am ECSTATIC that we went out West and pulled out a win. We tend to struggle going West and playing down to our opponents. This game they just went out and kicked Cardinal butt all over the place.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Heck - just glad to be able to dissect and discuss this team after a 3rd straight win to put us at 5-2.

Very fortunate to be a Stillers fan:tt:

mizzouristeeler
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
You can't have in-their-prime stars at every position. Every defense has a weakness, and the key is at least getting SOMETHING from those positions of weakness so that it's easier to cover them up. Farrior knows the scheme, is still excellent in gaps and in the run game. We just have to make sure we don't let teams isolate certain players(i.e. Ray Rice) on him.

You can't be perfect at every facet of the game, the NFL is set up to make sure you can't do that for the sake of parity.

For the sake of tom brady

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought I read Tom had a request in to the Commish to suspend Woodley for the length of the game until he gets a 4 touchdown lead

Commish: "Tom - you know you're the man, but we can't make it look THAT obvious. Let's keep it in our pocket just in case you see them in the playoffs"

Tom: "Awe shucks Mr. Goodell I guess you're right. Will you tuck me in now?"

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 11:46 AM
For the sake of tom brady

:rofl:What Marsha wants, Marsha gets!

I'm already waiting for the Roger Goodell e-mail informing me of my $5,000 fine, by the way.

kirklandrules
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Wasn't there a thread about Troy having lost a step after the Raven's game? Farrior is having another solid year. The RB made a great move (with a minor push off) that got himself open (Timmons is pretty damned fast for an ILB and he got beat by the same move against the Ravens for a TD). I totally wouldn't expect Farrior to catch that guy after the reception .... Stephens-Howling is faster than every ILB in the league. You can blame Troy for tripping over the 40 yard line or Clark for getting blocked by a WR, but this bash on Farrior seems a little too personal. Oh and let's not forget, Sylvester is ranked as the #4 ILB ... so it's not like he would be next up if Farrior isn't cutting it.

truesteelerfan
10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Farrior has absolutley lost a step, but his leadership is so well respected by the other men in the huddle with him, and that is something that would be lacking if he were replaced by someone perhaps more physically in their prime, but not from a mental or leadership aspect. I'd like to see someone taking over some of his captain duties in the huddle, so perhaps next year it will be a smooth transition to the next defensive leader.

Buddha Bus
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Tom: "Awe shucks Mr. Goodell I guess you're right. Will you tuck me in now?"

Is this how they came up with the name "the tuck rule"? :chuckle:

kirklandrules
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Farrior has absolutley lost a step, but his leadership is so well respected by the other men in the huddle with him, and that is something that would be lacking if he were replaced by someone perhaps more physically in their prime, but not from a mental or leadership aspect. I'd like to see someone taking over some of his captain duties in the huddle, so perhaps next year it will be a smooth transition to the next defensive leader.

I don't disagree with the leadership aspect of this, but something tells me Sylvester isn't on the field because he either doesn't know the playbook or has to think it through first.

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Farrior is having a solid year? :rofl:

He's easily the worst player on our starting defense this year.

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
people thought farrior was worthless last year as well. they also thought william gay should be cut in favor of crezdon butler.

spoiled steelerfans just expect an all pro at every defensive and offensive position (except kicker where they are mildly content with average mediocrity).

ricardisimo
10-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Where does one begin with this thread?

Rick5895
10-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't disagree with the leadership aspect of this, but something tells me Sylvester isn't on the field because he either doesn't know the playbook or has to think it through first.

Exactly, if Sly had a grasp of what he supposed to do and actually gave that indication in practice he would be getting snaps at ILB. He is however a beast on specials.

jtbsteeler
10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
some dudes are just bitter in every thread bashing anyone they can on the team

Not bitter at all. I see ineptitude in the ILB positions on my favorite team. And favortism from the HC and DC. They both have ties to this guy. People thought Aaron Smith couldn't be replaced either. Hood came in and the run defense and pressure got exponentially better with Hood in there.

farrior is embarassing himself. I call it like I see it.

jtbsteeler
10-25-2011, 09:57 AM
2011 PIT 7 7 45 33 12 2.0 -- 3 -- -- -- -- -- 0 --
2010 PIT 16 16 109 80 29 6.0 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2009 PIT 16 16 102 68 34 3.0 -- 5 1 18 -- 18 0 1 1
2008 PIT 16 16 133 87 46 3.5 -- 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2007 PIT 16 16 94 64 30 6.5 -- 7 1 0 -- 0 0 2 --
2006 PIT 16 16 128 85 43 4.0 -- 6 1 1 -- 1 0 2 1

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/James-Farrior/f7f4fe77-9d04-41fa-ba5e-c5c0c49ca51c

He's consistent and on pace for a typical year.

Use your "eye test".

jtbsteeler
10-25-2011, 10:02 AM
When hines, Hampton, Farrior and Smith sit because of injuries things get better.

Hoke > hampton and Brown is faster/ quicker than Hines. The dead old carcass needs to be cut from this team. Tomlin to his credit is starting to see that. Farrior has been like this for 3 straight years.

jtbsteeler
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah he's lost a step or 2...but unless there is someone one the bench better he should start....the fact that none of our current second year LB's can beat him out speaks volumes to me

And Tomlin started Aaron Smith over Ziggy Hood. How did that work out? You're a fool if you trust Tomlin and Lebeau. Veteran favoritism has crept its way onto this team.

Do you miss Hampton? The starting NT. I don't.

jtbsteeler
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Be professional....its teamwork.....miserable posts are getting old!

Get real. I'll tell you what. I'm more than anxious for James Farrior's play to speak for itself. I'll let his pink slip in February speak for me.

Rick5895
10-25-2011, 10:38 AM
It's one thing for us on these forums to call out players for under performing. Vets start to slow down as time goes on,BUT, there is still a role for them. Farrior , Ward still have qualities that we need. Like LEADERSHIP. Does anyone think our young WR would be playing this well if not for Ward, nobody was bashing him when he had 2 tds a couple of weeks ago. Same with Farrior. Great leader and locker room presence. That means something. Again where were the bases after back to back double digit tackle games. Granted, Farrior lacks in coverage but that is no reason to call for his "head".

stlrtruck
10-25-2011, 10:41 AM
And Tomlin started Aaron Smith over Ziggy Hood. How did that work out? You're a fool if you trust Tomlin and Lebeau. Veteran favoritism has crept its way onto this team.

Do you miss Hampton? The starting NT. I don't.

I think Veteran favoritism has been on this team since the late Cowher era.

theplatypus
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Fail of the week award goes to ...

steeltheone
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I think Veteran favoritism has been on this team since the late Cowher era.

Never like this...We never had a team of 35 year olds running around...We replaced them before the decline.

DanRooney
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
It all started looking up when Bryant McFadden and (hate to say) Aaron Smith were sidelined. The team has more than enough veterans to keep the younger guys grounded.

Ziggy is playing awesome. Woodley is getting in untouched/unblocked or 1-on-1 with a fullback/RB on several of his sacks. That means offense are either overloading the opposite side or Ziggy is taking up his two men and giving Woodley a free release.

Gay and Lewis look like they're playing very well in place of McFadden.

McClendon played was solid against the Cardinals as well.

Brown had his best game when Ward was out for a half.

Fire Arians
10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
i was about to say something about woodley's recent stat jump probably has to do with smith being replaced by hood

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
colts place kerry collins on IR, essentially ending his career.

9TQZ2d5fPuA

passes my eye test. :noidea:

Bayz101
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Farrior is either the leading tackler on our team, or close to it. With that being said, I don't care how many times he gets beat. If he's leading this team in tackles, he's obviously doing his job.

Now even after all that, I agree he needs to be let go soon. He's a great player, but we have young talent that needs to be played over the next seasons. Thanks Farrior for your time here in the Burgh, your a great player.

Bayz101
10-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Farrior is leading our defense in overall statistics. He had 10+ tackles two of our last three games!

Pa Yankee
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Farrior is leading our defense in overall statistics. He had 10+ tackles two of our last three games!

Some people just want to look at the few negatives instead of the great positives.

thebus36idf
10-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Some people just want to look at the few negatives instead of the great positives.

It reminds me of yankee fans who are complaining and whining because they don't win every stinkin year, and they forgot how to enjoy a great season. Even the playoffs wasn't good enough they had to be in the big game or it was a crappy team and they needed another great player. Thanks Steelers for always being in it, and despite all our complaining you're still always there in :tt::tt04::tt02:the mix giving us a good show, and alot of hope. I was on the bash Ben bandwagon midway through the season of our last superbowl win, and I won't get caught in the trap again.

steeltheone
10-25-2011, 09:58 PM

Just what do you expect the MLB of the Steelers to have? Slow and old..Get over it!

ricardisimo
10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't get it. We're third in the league in defense, 6.3/game yards behind the leaders. Farrior is leading the team in tackles. In the game that prompted this rant he tipped a pass that Clark picked off that set the tone for the rest of the game.

What am I missing? :noidea:

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM

that spoiled crybaby steelerfans expect patrick willis to replace farrior, nmamdi to replace gay, and ed reed in place of clark.

utnil that happens (along with 4 new linemen making a combined $40 mil/year) the steelers FO is doing their fandom a great injustice.

they are entitled to atleast that much, if not more.

oh, and rookies... LOTS of starting rookies. :applaudit:

jtbsteeler
10-26-2011, 10:53 AM
We'll revisit this Sunday night. Farrior and William Gay are on the "watch" list.

tanda10506
10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't get it. We're third in the league in defense, 6.3/game yards behind the leaders. Farrior is leading the team in tackles. In the game that prompted this rant he tipped a pass that Clark picked off that set the tone for the rest of the game.

He is doing well against the run, but you can't be missing that he is always getting burnt. A lot of the time he is 5 yards behind the guy he is covering. He is a leader and according to stats he's playing well against the run, but he has been behind his guy for 2-3 years.

theplatypus
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm so glad that some of you aren't allowed anywhere near this team.

steelfury02
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
same to you!:thumbsup:

ricardisimo
10-26-2011, 03:26 PM
He is doing well against the run, but you can't be missing that he is always getting burnt. A lot of the time he is 5 yards behind the guy he is covering. He is a leader and according to stats he's playing well against the run, but he has been behind his guy for 2-3 years.
But Timmons has been sucking donkey schlong all season, both inside and out, both visibly and statistically. How many threads are there here calling for him to be shipped out of town in a crate?

I don't want Timmons gone, that's not the point mind you. It's just that Farrior is bringing more than just some mysterious, intangible and indescribable "leadership" to the game. He's actually showing up and earning his paycheck, and the stats back me up on this. But he's not putting up his numbers from four years ago, so obviously he's yesterday's newspaper. :noidea:

kirklandrules
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Time to lay off Potsie. He's the best option we have at that position. Benching him just to give a younger player (presumably Sylvester) playing time/experience is only done when you are mailing in your season. Although I hope Sylvester becomes the next ILB stud for this team, he obviously isn't good enough to unseat Farrior at this point.

theplatypus
10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Time to lay off Potsie. He's the best option we have at that position. Benching him just to give a younger player (presumably Sylvester) playing time/experience is only done when you are mailing in your season. Although I hope Sylvester becomes the next ILB stud for this team, he obviously isn't good enough to unseat Farrior at this point.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Haven't you been reading the threads here? Tomlin et al don't know what they're doing and won't play rookies/younger players due to veteran favoritism.

DanRooney
10-26-2011, 04:33 PM
The “Farrior Barrier” and Other Signs of Stupidity
Random Rants by PalmerSucks
October 21, 2011

So there I was Sunday, having a good time watching the game, hoisting my jumbo stein of Oktoberfest (shout out, Mongo!) when I see it – and there goes the whole afternoon.

The “it” I’m referring to is a sign hung up at Heinz, which the camera caught during the slopfest vs. the Jags. A huge banner, reading three incredible words: “The Farrior Barrier.”

“The Farrior Barrier” – are you KIDDING me?

Yes, while the rest of us were busy cringing weekly at the sight of Farrior whiffing on tackles and running three yards behind TEs in coverage, some GENIUS was thinking enough of his play to create a TEN-FOOT-HIGH BANNER celebrating it. Amazing, huh?

Welcome to the America of today – where you can flat-out suck, and they’ll give you a big contract and a banner in your honor! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The only thing Farrior’s a “barrier” to is WINNING. So unless that’s what you mean with the sign, person who put this up – you might want to consider reflecting reality for a change.

What we need are TRUE and ACCURATE banners, such as “Foote Odor” or “The Farrior Failure.” Now that would be something to see. And speaking of banners – where’s my “Wheelchair Curtain” sign, somebody out there with artistic talent?

Anyway, just call it the week of stupidity, and let’s count the ways:

--STUPID is running on the right side so often now that other teams expect it, and adjust to it like the Jags did Sunday by overloading left -- but you STILL continue to run right.

--STUPID is not giving Mendenhall a breather after he looked so gassed. STUPID is not maintaining a steady rotation working in Redman and Dwyer.

--STUPID is saying as Bruce Arians did that the no-huddle “wasn't really necessary” Sunday even after his offense slowed like a crippled turtle. “I didn't believe it was time to speed the game up,” said Bruce. “We just needed to make more first downs.” Really? Duh.

--STUPID is calling for an all-out punt block when your defense, unlike your offense, has been pretty much holding its own all day.

--STUPID is the ESPN poll that named Jonathan Scott the Stillers “most disappointing offensive player” – considering that to be disappointing, there has to be some expectation of performance to begin with. http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/33586/poll-most-disappointing-offensive-player

--STUPID is keeping Scott and releasing Starks in the first place, no matter what he weighed coming into camp.

--STUPID is not giving the game ball to the other coach for being 1-4, on the road and desperately needing a win to save his job – and kicking a field goal down SEVEN with just minutes left in the game.

Of course, the stupidity wasn’t just confined to the Stillers this week:

--STUPID is the Raiders taking Carson Palmer off the Bengals’ hands. All they did was give up a first and second round draft pick (which possibly could turn into another first) for a washed-up quitter with a throat as tight as a Scotsman’s wallet. With one brilliant stroke, the Rai-duhs mortgaged the future for the Southern Cal Choker, Carson Palmer. Way to go!

--STUPID is anyone who thought Cincy would be sunk without the Southern Cal Choker, Carson Palmer. NBC’s “NFL Turning Point” did a segment on the Bengals “surprising start” with a rookie QB replacing the almighty Palmer. Exactly who is “surprised” besides the dumb Palmer-hyping sports media?

--STUPID is Cowboys head coach Jason Garret proclaiming “I trust in Tony Romo.” I trust in Tony Romo, too – to choke away any game that’s close in the 4th quarter.

--STUPID is running the ball three straight times, punting and giving the ball back to Tom Brady with the game on the line. But maybe that’s what you do when your QB is Tony Choke-o.

Anyway, enough stupidity for one week. Enjoy the game Sunday.

Bayz101
10-26-2011, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say Timmons is doing bad, he's at 33 tackles? He's a middle linebacker. More times then not he's running right at the quarteback. Quarterbacks are more and more aware of the agony a Steelers linebacker can cause, and they'll throw the ball away immediately if they have a brain.

When you look at Woodley and Harrison. They are Outside Linebackers. Last year and the year before both Woodley and Harrison played great. This took a lot of concentration off Timmons, and he had a great year as a result.

This year? Harrison was our standout defensive player at the start of this year, and he only gathered two sacks. Once he was injured, Lamarr Woodley steadily began showing increases in efficiency, and as a result, he's killing quarterbacks.

So in conclusion. Without a scary linebacker on the right, Woodley and Timmons grab the offenses attention. Once Harrison returns, Woodley and Harrison will be on watch, and Timmons will be more effective.

theplatypus
10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
October 21, 2011

So there I was Sunday, having a good time watching the game, hoisting my jumbo stein of Oktoberfest (shout out, Mongo!) when I see it – and there goes the whole afternoon.

That site is definitely right up your alley.

Bayz101
10-26-2011, 05:04 PM
If our defense is able to stop the Patriots offense on Sunday, prepare for excellence. Lamarr Woodley sits at 7.0 sacks with 9 games left in the season. Last year he totaled 10.0 and we made it to the Super Bowl. Harrison was off to a slow start, but still doing good before injury with 2.0 sacks.

If Harrison plays well on return, and Woodley continues to perform. Imagine our defense? Not to mention all the attention will be on the two guys above. As I said a couple posts above, this means less concentration on Timmons, which results in more performance from him.

queeg
10-26-2011, 05:23 PM
October 21, 2011

The “it” I’m referring to is a sign hung up at Heinz, which the camera caught during the slopfest vs. the Jags. A huge banner, reading three incredible words: “The Farrior Barrier.”

“The Farrior Barrier” – are you KIDDING me?

Yes, while the rest of us were busy cringing weekly at the sight of Farrior whiffing on tackles and running three yards behind TEs in coverage, some GENIUS was thinking enough of his play to create a TEN-FOOT-HIGH BANNER celebrating it. Amazing, huh?

Welcome to the America of today – where you can flat-out suck, and they’ll give you a big contract and a banner in your honor! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The only thing Farrior’s a “barrier” to is WINNING. So unless that’s what you mean with the sign, person who put this up – you might want to consider reflecting reality for a change.

What we need are TRUE and ACCURATE banners, such as “Foote Odor” or “The Farrior Failure.” Now that would be something to see. And speaking of banners – where’s my “Wheelchair Curtain” sign, somebody out there with artistic talent?

Anyway, just call it the week of stupidity, and let’s count the ways:

--STUPID is running on the right side so often now that other teams expect it, and adjust to it like the Jags did Sunday by overloading left -- but you STILL continue to run right.

--STUPID is not giving Mendenhall a breather after he looked so gassed. STUPID is not maintaining a steady rotation working in Redman and Dwyer.

--STUPID is saying as Bruce Arians did that the no-huddle “wasn't really necessary” Sunday even after his offense slowed like a crippled turtle. “I didn't believe it was time to speed the game up,” said Bruce. “We just needed to make more first downs.” Really? Duh.

--STUPID is calling for an all-out punt block when your defense, unlike your offense, has been pretty much holding its own all day.

--STUPID is the ESPN poll that named Jonathan Scott the Stillers “most disappointing offensive player” – considering that to be disappointing, there has to be some expectation of performance to begin with. http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/33586/poll-most-disappointing-offensive-player

--STUPID is keeping Scott and releasing Starks in the first place, no matter what he weighed coming into camp.

--STUPID is not giving the game ball to the other coach for being 1-4, on the road and desperately needing a win to save his job – and kicking a field goal down SEVEN with just minutes left in the game.

Of course, the stupidity wasn’t just confined to the Stillers this week:

--STUPID is the Raiders taking Carson Palmer off the Bengals’ hands. All they did was give up a first and second round draft pick (which possibly could turn into another first) for a washed-up quitter with a throat as tight as a Scotsman’s wallet. With one brilliant stroke, the Rai-duhs mortgaged the future for the Southern Cal Choker, Carson Palmer. Way to go!

--STUPID is anyone who thought Cincy would be sunk without the Southern Cal Choker, Carson Palmer. NBC’s “NFL Turning Point” did a segment on the Bengals “surprising start” with a rookie QB replacing the almighty Palmer. Exactly who is “surprised” besides the dumb Palmer-hyping sports media?

--STUPID is Cowboys head coach Jason Garret proclaiming “I trust in Tony Romo.” I trust in Tony Romo, too – to choke away any game that’s close in the 4th quarter.

--STUPID is running the ball three straight times, punting and giving the ball back to Tom Brady with the game on the line. But maybe that’s what you do when your QB is Tony Choke-o.

Anyway, enough stupidity for one week. Enjoy the game Sunday.

How can so many miserable people end up in this Forum....lets go positive!

DanRooney
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
How can so many miserable people end up in this Forum....lets go positive!

A lot of the guys critiquing the team do their homework. They know more about the Steelers than Joe Schmo who sits there and cheers for every single player on the team no matter what; including guys like Bruce Arians who obviously do not help the team whatsoever. I respect all types of Steeler fans as long as they don't go overboard with being blatantly homer or negative nancy. PalmerSucks is an incredibly awesome writer.

Sixburgher
10-26-2011, 05:30 PM
That site is definitely right up your alley.

When are the Steelers gonna get with the program and get Thad Gibson?

Sixburgher
10-26-2011, 05:37 PM
A lot of the guys critiquing the team do their homework. They know more about the Steelers than Joe Schmo who sits there and cheers for every single player on the team no matter what; including guys like Bruce Arians who obviously do not help the team whatsoever. I respect all types of Steeler fans as long as they don't go overboard with being blatantly homer or negative nancy. PalmerSucks is an incredibly awesome writer.

Going strictly by that little diatribe you copied and pasted, sorry, not seeing it. Looks like more of the same uninformed and disgruntled whining that can be found in countless threads here.

tony hipchest
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM
PalmerSucks is an incredibly awesome writer.hehehe... blogger... :chuckle:

i school people every day on internet message boards. i am an incredibly awesome professor.

i went to the butcher for a prime cut of beef. he's an incredibly awesome doctor.

i know aguy who plays madden all day and is winning in his fantasy football league. he is a most excellent NFL head coach...

:toofunny: "writer"

heres some suggested reading from a real book to introduce you to a real writer-

Take Your Eye Off the Ball

http://www.patkirwan.com/

DanRooney
10-27-2011, 12:07 AM
hehehe... blogger... :chuckle:

i school people every day on internet message boards. i am an incredibly awesome professor.

i went to the butcher for a prime cut of beef. he's an incredibly awesome doctor.

i know aguy who plays madden all day and is winning in his fantasy football league. he is a most excellent NFL head coach...

:toofunny: "writer"

heres some suggested reading from a real book to introduce you to a real writer-

Take Your Eye Off the Ball

http://www.patkirwan.com/

Blogger would be the better word but 'writer' isn't necessarily a 'professional writer.' Per dictionary.com

writ·er   [rahy-ter] Show IPA
noun
a person engaged in writing books, articles, stories, etc., especially as an occupation or profession; an author or journalist.

I digress. PalmerSucks offers a lot of insight. I know anything deemed negative about a Steelers player makes umad, but he's usually upbeat about the Steelers. StillMill is the one who consistently bashes guys not named Harrison or Polamalu.

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Obviously you didn't know what a 'writer' was.

Can't someone ban you for using excessive smileys? You laugh at your own jokes. Pretty pathetic. :chuckle:

Oh wait.

I'm going to add another paragraph because I don't know proper grammar or definitions.

:rofl:

Wait more smiley

:toofunny:

I did a little digging, hoping I could start a meaningful argument.

You on Farrior:

"He's easily the worst player on our starting defense this year."

He's actually statistically the best defensive player on our team. Don't know how that could possibly warrant any negativity. I don't even want to hear zone coverage complaints.

You on Harrison's injury:

"He's not going to go blind from a broken orbital."

Uh, yes. He could. Do your research. Dictionary.com not working for 'ya? :chuckle:

I enjoy a friendly debate, and what's going on here is an argument over whether or not blogging is a form of writing (If you're a blogger, you're a writer). I poked fun at you once in this post, and it was just too hard for me to pass up.

Gotta love Dictionary.com :rofl:

Well, i'm heading to work everyone, have a good day. :coffee:

kirklandrules
10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Wait! Is that ..... Thumper?

kirklandrules
10-27-2011, 08:21 AM
These threads are a good source of comedy. But I'm just waiting for someone to jump the shark and create a thread suggesting the Rooneys put the Steelers into bankruptcy. Obviously, the Rooneys are in over their heads. They brought in a very bad FO (dam you Colbert for not hitting every draft pick and failing to acquire every big name FA), hired a crappy coach who just happened to win with someone else's players, the coordinators couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag, and like the blowhards sitting with a mic in their face like to tell us ... this team is old and slow. As bad as this is, there's no way the ownership would want to continue this failure and they definitely couldn't sell this miserable team ... time to fold the tents and move on in life.

kirklandrules
10-27-2011, 08:23 AM
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

That sounds like my wife talkin. :chuckle:

theplatypus
10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
These threads are a good source of comedy. But I'm just waiting for someone to jump the shark and create a thread suggesting the Rooneys put the Steelers into bankruptcy. Obviously, the Rooneys are in over their heads. They brought in a very bad FO (dam you Colbert for not hitting every draft pick and failing to acquire every big name FA), hired a crappy coach who just happened to win with someone else's players, the coordinators couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag, and like the blowhards sitting with a mic in their face like to tell us ... this team is old and slow. As bad as this is, there's no way the ownership would want to continue this failure and they definitely couldn't sell this miserable team ... time to fold the tents and move on in life.

That sounds like my wife talkin. :chuckle:

:rofl::rofl:

#1LambertFan
10-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I fear for Potsie this week, we need to get Sly in on obvious passing downs, but I doubt Dick has learnt his lesson from the SB yet!

Why the hell we didn't keep Keyaron Fox I don't know?

The sight of Potsie tackling thin air at one point last night haunts me!

I personally LOVED Fox! He was a special teams god!

theplatypus
10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
I personally LOVED Fox! He was a special teams god!

Yeah those repeated ST personal fouls solidified his god like status. I'm pretty sure his last play as a Steeler was

wait for it

could it be

oh yeah

a personal foul on special teams during the super bowl.

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah those repeated ST personal fouls solidified his god like status. I'm pretty sure his last play as a Steeler was

wait for it

could it be

oh yeah

a personal foul on special teams during the super bowl.

don't

get

your

panties

up

in

a

bunch.

I don't care for Fox either, but i'm not 'stressin :D

theplatypus
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
don't

get

your

panties

up

in

a

bunch.

I don't care for Fox either, but i'm not 'stressin :D

Not sure what makes you think my panties are in a bunch, but what ever.

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Not sure what makes you think my panties are in a bunch, but what ever.

It's a joke brother, just bustin your balls.

Fire Arians
10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
i thought key fox had potential, too bad he couldn't stay cool

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
i thought key fox had potential, too bad he couldn't stay cool

I think when Fox joined the Steelers he already had 3-4 years under his belt. He then recorded 17 tackles in 13 games on our road to the Super Bowl, and gathered a ring. The following year he ran back that interception against the Vikings, I recall.

theplatypus
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I think when Fox joined the Steelers he already had 3-4 years under his belt. He then recorded 17 tackles in 13 games on our road to the Super Bowl, and gathered a ring. The following year he ran back that interception against the Vikings, I recall.

Correct, drafted by the Chiefs. He's got all of 1 tackle with the skins.

Fire Arians
10-27-2011, 12:27 PM

yeah he was a special teams ace for the most part, and filled in nicely when he had play time (most notably his game vs the vikings where he had a huge defensive play).

though i think him being cut was a knee jerk reaction to the super bowl penalty, with the exception of that, he had a good tenure with us.

and you're right, he played 3 years for the chiefs i think before coming to pittsburgh.

DanRooney
10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Fox was probably on his way to be the successor to Farrior but Sylvester's play on STs and his personal fouls made him expendable. He was pretty damn good in the games he started in 2009 (against the Titans and Vikings I believe).

DanRooney
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I did a little digging, hoping I could start a meaningful argument.

You on Farrior:

He's actually statistically the best defensive player on our team. Don't know how that could possibly warrant any negativity. I don't even want to hear zone coverage complaints.

You on Harrison's injury:

"He's not going to go blind from a broken orbital."

Uh, yes. He could. Do your research. Dictionary.com not working for 'ya? :chuckle:

I enjoy a friendly debate, and what's going on here is an argument over whether or not blogging is a form of writing (If you're a blogger, you're a writer). I poked fun at you once in this post, and it was just too hard for me to pass up.

Gotta love Dictionary.com :rofl:

Well, i'm heading to work everyone, have a good day. :coffee:

Yeah and you could go get paralyzed from a flu shot. The chances of him going blind from a broken bone surrounding eye socket are very slim. Especially if you read that Harrison is 'recovering fine.'

And if you think Farrior has been playing lights out then I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com.

MACH1
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah and you could go get paralyzed from a flu shot. The chances of him going blind from a broken bone surrounding eye socket are very slim. Especially if you read that Harrison is 'recovering fine.'

And if you think Farrior has been playing lights out then I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com.

Hope you had a good day at work!

:shake02:
DrClueless must of stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

Facial fractures may be caused by work or sporting accidents, traffic accidents, an assault, or fall. You may have bleeding, bruising, scrapes, or numbness in the injured area of your face. You may also have trouble seeing or have double vision. A computed tomography (CT) scan, ultrasound, and x-rays of your face may be needed. Treatment may include medicines, an endoscopy, or surgery to fix your broken facial bones. Having your facial fracture treated may resolve your swelling and pain. Treatment may also fix your broken facial bones and save your life.

your facial fracture may lead to uneven facial features, facial pain, eye pain, or blindness. You may have bleeding that blocks your airway making it hard to breathe. You may also bleed into your brain leading to seizures (convulsions), and you may die.

http://www.drugs.com/cg/facial-fracture-inpatient-care.html

tony hipchest
10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
He's not going to go blind from a broken orbital.

The chances of him going blind from a broken bone surrounding eye socket are very slim. Especially if you read that Harrison is 'recovering fine.'

do you ever get tired from being completely owned for all these ignorant posts you puke onto the board? :poop:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/34335/wake-up-call-flacco-not-calling-plays

STEELERS: Outside linebacker James Harrison said he could have been blinded on Oct. 2, when Houston's Duane Brown slammed into his helmet. Harrison suffered a fractured right orbital bone. "I had double vision when it first happened," Harrison told The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "There was a possibility that I could've lost my sight, but I got lucky, I guess." He is expected to miss a few more weeks.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/for-harrison-the-eyes-have-it/article_555e812b-3a73-536a-8fbf-e40296fd9e0f.html

PITTSBURGH - James Harrison may love playing football buthe loves his eyesight even more

That's why he's coping as well as can be expected while recovering from one of football's strangest injuries.

Harrison, the Steelers' all-star linebacker, will miss his fourth straight game Sunday when the Steelers (5-2) host the New England Patriots (5-1) in the marquee game on the NFL's Week 8 schedule.

It's been 25 days since Harrison suffered a fractured right eye orbital after a helmet-to-helmet collision with Houston Texans tackle Duane Brown. Three days later after corrective surgery, the Steelers projected that Harrison would be out four-to-six weeks.

"There's nothing I can do about it," Harrison said Wednesday when asked if he's frustrated. "Everything happens for a reason, and everybody's different. We all heal differently, so there's nothing more I can do about this. I just have to deal with it and move on."When the doctors say I'm ready to play, then I'll play. But I'm not taking any chances."Despite his intense competitive nature, Harrison remains patient because he doesn't want to risk permanent damage to his eye. For a while after the injury, he had double vision. He said Wednesday that he's "down to one-and-a-half" vision in his right eye. He also said he's a little sensitive to light and that he must guard against a low-grade infection that could travel through his nasal passage toward his eye.

"James really wants to play, and he's going to play sooner or later," said Bill Parise Harrison's agent who is also the executive director of the Beaver County YMCA. "He's in great health. He's in great spirits. But he's still in the healing process. We just have to wait until the doctor feels it's OK for him to play."

Harrison, who's made the Pro Bowl ever year since becoming a starter in 2007, has been able to work out on his own. He's lifting weights. He's running. He's taking part in simulated football drills.

But he is not yet ready for contact.

"I was shooting to play last week. Then I was shooting to play this week," Harrison said. "Now, I'm shooting for next week. I don't know how long I'll be out. We'll see ... whatever the doctors say. It could be after Baltimore, but I don't know."

:coffee: thanks for sharing your "wisdom". dr. dan.

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 04:58 PM

The chances of ANYONE going blind from ANYTHING even NEAR the eye is VERY possible. Even death could occur from an injury in that region. As for Farrior, I never suggested he was playing lights out. I simply pointed out that he's the best statistical player on our defense, AND HE IS.

So please, THINK before you make yourself look stupid. Then maybe we'll feel sorry for you and give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you continue to blatantly make uneducated statements without the presence of common sense, you will be burned more often then not.

MasterOfPuppets
10-27-2011, 04:59 PM
http://ownednfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ownedhatonfireru1.jpg

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 05:06 PM
:shake02:
DrClueless must of stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

Facial fractures may be caused by work or sporting accidents, traffic accidents, an assault, or fall. You may have bleeding, bruising, scrapes, or numbness in the injured area of your face. You may also have trouble seeing or have double vision. A computed tomography (CT) scan, ultrasound, and x-rays of your face may be needed. Treatment may include medicines, an endoscopy, or surgery to fix your broken facial bones. Having your facial fracture treated may resolve your swelling and pain. Treatment may also fix your broken facial bones and save your life.

your facial fracture may lead to uneven facial features, facial pain, eye pain, or blindness. You may have bleeding that blocks your airway making it hard to breathe. You may also bleed into your brain leading to seizures (convulsions), and you may die.

http://www.drugs.com/cg/facial-fracture-inpatient-care.html

Thanks for digging that up. You think that common knowledge would tell one that a fracture anywhere near your head could cause damage to the brain. But you have to have a brain to use common sense I guess.

Harrison's fracture of the orbital bone was indeed serious. He was actually back in the game after hurting it, and the coaches we're heavily scrutinized by the NFL as well as health awareness groups.

Why? Because one wrong hit and Harrison may not be here today.

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 05:10 PM
http://ownednfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ownedhatonfireru1.jpg

:hasign:

theplatypus
10-27-2011, 05:42 PM
So please, THINK before you make yourself look stupid. Then maybe we'll feel sorry for you and give you the benefit of the doubt. But if you continue to blatantly make uneducated statements without the presence of common sense, you will be burned more often then not.

You can't really blame him, that stillers.com site is the internet equivalent of Nancy Grace, just poor unadulterated sensationalist bullshit. Like a moth to a flame his feeble mind got sucked right in.:toofunny:

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 05:56 PM
You can't really blame him, that stillers.com site is the internet equivalent of Nancy Grace, just poor unadulterated sensationalist bullshit. Like a moth to a flame his feeble mind got sucked right in.:toofunny:

And to think I almost signed up to that site.

btaylor179
10-27-2011, 08:02 PM
i am glad im not the only one who thinks farrior is done.....hes a waste of space out there him and foote.....great guys but old and slow

ricardisimo
10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
i am glad im not the only one who thinks farrior is done.....hes a waste of space out there him and foote.....great guys but old and slow
And Lawrence Timmons is young and fast, and yet he's fourth on the team in tackles instead of first or second, despite playing inside linebacker just like Farrior. :noidea:

I guess I just don't understand the point of these threads. Get rid of him and then what? When Sylvester is able to handle the job, it's his. When our D is dead last in some regard, then we can experiment. What more is there to be said?

Pa Yankee
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM

I am glad that you are not the coach. Farrior is still a great inside linebacker albeit not as good as a couple of years ago. He is definately a positive contributor to this team and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to appreciate what Farrior's role on this team is.
:tt:

tony hipchest
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
i cant stand ray lewis, and he definitely has lost a step, but atleast his fans respect him and are smart enough to recognize his contributions despite his age and obvious shortcommings in coverage.

i never thought i would witness the day i would see steelerfans with less FBI than the average ravenfan. :headshake:

lewis- 50 tackles 2 sacks (ravens always pad his stats for piling on or touching a player who is already down)
farrior- 45 tackles 2 sacks

the greatest flavor of the week, patrick willis- 47 tackles 0 sacks (right there along with james laurinitus and brian cushing).

james stats and his teams record clearly show he is still a top tem ILB in the league, yet idiots on message boards wanna claim he is worthless to this defense or a waste of space.

dumbasses.

STFU and turn your fancard in at the door on your way out. :flipoff:

jtbsteeler
10-27-2011, 11:16 PM
All I have to say is "we'll see". This will be the perfect game to illustrate that James Farrior is a complete has been. The Pats might just go "all-pass" and in turn wear farrior's ass out by the 2nd quarter. the sight of him trying to cover a TE or RB for 4 straight plays then fend off a guard to make a tackle will be like seeing someone vomit.

this was the perfect week for a James Farrior bashing thread. He will have a LOOOONG day Sunday. I mean a LONG freaking day. I predict Tomlin will see enough and use a DIME defense with Farrior on the bench.

Again, let's meet back here Sunday night. Didn't forget about Gay either.

steeltheone
10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
And Lawrence Timmons is young and fast, and yet he's fourth on the team in tackles instead of first or second, despite playing inside linebacker just like Farrior. :noidea:

I guess I just don't understand the point of these threads. Get rid of him and then what? When Sylvester is able to handle the job, it's his. When our D is dead last in some regard, then we can experiment. What more is there to be said?

Now comeon ....Timmons has been on the outside for atleast 2 games..

steeltheone
10-27-2011, 11:25 PM
I am glad that you are not the coach. Farrior is still a great inside linebacker albeit not as good as a couple of years ago. He is definately a positive contributor to this team and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to appreciate what Farrior's role on this team is.
:tt:

You would have been ok without the " Great " He is not great anymore.

jtbsteeler
10-27-2011, 11:35 PM
You're the dumbass. STATS? That's hilarious. Do you watch the games? Don't compare Ray Lewis to James Farrior. Who do you trust to still knock the shit out of someone and be in position to make a play. Farrior or Lewis?

Only an idiot thinks that being a fan is someone who never criticizes the players, regardless. William Gay had a pretty good season last year to be honest. But I would love to see what you wrote about him after the Pats and Green Bay games last season.

Did you say James Farrior is still a Top Ten (in the league) ILB? Strictly on stats? That tells me you don't watch any other games, period. You've only watched Steeler games this season, that's clear to me. That statement will come back to haunt. I'm glad you said that stupidity. It let's me know what I'm working with.

James Farrior is (right now) a Top 10 ILB. Really? Aww, man. I did give you the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up as being a passionate fan until you said that. Farrior is a Top 10 ILB. WOOOWWWW. Everyone pause for a second and let that sink in. Unfreaking believable. I'll give you a chance to recant that bullshit. You've put a bullseye on Farrior's chest and your big forehead.

jtbsteeler
10-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Farrior must have some family members in here. Nothing personal folks. Just football talk. I appreciate James' contributions, but see he can easily be replaced.

DanRooney
10-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Stats huh?

Pat Angerer>>>Ray Lewis>>>Patrick Willis :toofunny:

tony hipchest
10-28-2011, 12:21 AM
You're the dumbass. STATS? That's hilarious. Do you watch the games? Don't compare Ray Lewis to James Farrior. Who do you trust to still knock the shit out of someone and be in position to make a play. Farrior or Lewis?

Only an idiot thinks that being a fan is someone who never criticizes the players, regardless. William Gay had a pretty good season last year to be honest. But I would love to see what you wrote about him after the Pats and Green Bay games last season.

Did you say James Farrior is still a Top Ten (in the league) ILB? Strictly on stats? That tells me you don't watch any other games, period. You've only watched Steeler games this season, that's clear to me. That statement will come back to haunt. I'm glad you said that stupidity. It let's me know what I'm working with.

James Farrior is (right now) a Top 10 ILB. Really? Aww, man. I did give you the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up as being a passionate fan until you said that. Farrior is a Top 10 ILB. WOOOWWWW. Everyone pause for a second and let that sink in. Unfreaking believable. I'll give you a chance to recant that bullshit. You've put a bullseye on Farrior's chest and your big forehead.

no soup for you!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/stfu2.jpg

on second thought, drink up! :tap:

YOU were gonna give me the benefit of the doubt??? :rofl:

put your money where your mouth is.

how many 49ers, texans, ravens, cowboys games have you watched this year (i'll let you try to guess why i included the cowboys)?

explain the difference between a MLB and ILB

and offer up the 10 ILB's who are performing better than james this season, and who you suggest replacing james with.

in the meantime...:coffee:

(i'll check back in a few days to see if you actually have the nuts to answer.) :beaver:

ricardisimo
10-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Now comeon ....Timmons has been on the outside for atleast 2 games..
Yup, and in one of those games he had (get this) zero stats. Not even a half-tackle. Nada. Zilch.

I'd like for you to go ahead and do the research and find me the last time James Harrison failed to turn up on the stat sheet in a game he started and finished. Or better yet, find me the last game Farrior failed to notch a stat.

Farrior must have some family members in here. Nothing personal folks. Just football talk. I appreciate James' contributions, but see he can easily be replaced.
By whom? You people talk like there's an all-pro in the wings, or a great free agent out there and the Steelers have boatloads of cap money to throw at "the problem". And again: what problem? You'd think we were dead last in run D the way you people are talking.

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Until both Harrison is back and him and Woodley are playing at the highest level, Timmons won't perform highly. He needs those guys to step up and take some attention off him. With just him and Woodley he's noticed much more out their. So until our defense is healthy, Farrior will continue to step up.

If you think Farrior needs to go, even with him outplaying everyone on our defense statistically, you need help.

As for Dan: Wtf dude? ONCE AGAIN. We never said he was going to go blind or even implied that?? READ OUR POSTS! You obviously pull the best available uneducated comeback out of your rectum, lube it up and and wing it! I haven't seen so much crap on the internet since Two girls one cup!

C'mon dude. I never disliked you in the first place, but your making it oh-so easy! I apologise if i'm breaking the terms of this board, but this guy needed a roast! From what iv'e read on here, he's the reincarnation of Thumper (Dumper) and Tim Lumber (Dumber).

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Tony is worse than thumper. He's the only guy I have a problem with on the board. Most of my posts were very civil until tony came along trolling and bashing almost everything I and a few others posted.

Do you see how he reacts to jtbsteeler's post? Like a little child who's having a temper tantrum. Makes everything personal and thinks everyone wrong is him. Tony is an absolute idiot with no opinions or useful knowledge to contribute. The only opinion about the team ever gave was Arians sucks. Real eye opener there!!!

Obviously James Harrison isn't going blind. You said it. I said it. So what are you arguing?

You see man, iv'e been here for long enough to post 171 times. I notice that Tony has running arguments with a few guys on here. But as a new member, I also see he has 30,000 posts. So in my mind for a guy with that many posts I expect some attention to be on him, 'ya know?

As for you. The only reason I have been agitated with you is due to your matter of posting. It seems to me that when someone posts their opinion, your not far off. Usually within minutes your back with your sarcasm and unintelligent statements ready to piss some people off. But that's just what iv'e seen.

I recall a thread regarding Farrior's play. Almost everyone in the thread was repeatedly bashing his skill set. THE MINUTE someone mildly educated comes in and says that Farrior is playing well, not only do you change his words, you bash him. "Farrior is having a solid year? "

But like I said earlier, I have a mere 171 posts, you have nearly 1000, and Tony has 30,000. I'll refrain from profiling anybody, but when I KNOW something isn't right, or when I KNOW someone is attacking me, i'm going to speak up.

PS: Farrior is the best player on our defense. He is not only doing great statistically, he's providing great leadership. He also has a few sacks up his sleeve on top of all that! And THAT is MY opinion. The one i'm entitled to. So are you going to come at me with "I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com."?

So come on. Bash my opinions. That's all iv'e seen you do. Not just mine, but any opinion that isn't yours! I hope now you know why I have been complaining, it's only in self defense. I'm sorry for anything iv'e said to you or anybody else in this forum that you didn't like, and i'm ready to step up and be the man and admit that iv'e acted immaturely in fighting back. I understand that i'm not Martin Luther King, and more often than not my opinion doesn't matter.

But what you need to know is, although opinions may not mean much, that's what a discussion board mainly consists of! It's what we're all entitled too! So please quit bashing every thought that either didn't come out of your head, or wasn't exactly what you would have said in the first place...

DanRooney
10-28-2011, 05:51 AM
You see man, iv'e been here for long enough to post 171 times. I notice that Tony has running arguments with a few guys on here. But as a new member, I also see he has 30,000 posts. So in my mind for a guy with that many posts I expect some attention to be on him, 'ya know?

As for you. The only reason I have been agitated with you is due to your matter of posting. It seems to me that when someone posts their opinion, your not far off. Usually within minutes your back with your sarcasm and unintelligent statements ready to piss some people off. But that's just what iv'e seen.

I recall a thread regarding Farrior's play. Almost everyone in the thread was repeatedly bashing his skill set. THE MINUTE someone mildly educated comes in and says that Farrior is playing well, not only do you change his words, you bash him. "Farrior is having a solid year? "

But like I said earlier, I have a mere 171 posts, you have nearly 1000, and Tony has 30,000. I'll refrain from profiling anybody, but when I KNOW something isn't right, or when I KNOW someone is attacking me, i'm going to speak up.

PS: Farrior is the best player on our defense. He is not only doing great statistically, he's providing great leadership. He also has a few sacks up his sleeve on top of all that! And THAT is MY opinion. The one i'm entitled to. So are you going to come at me with "I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com."?

So come on. Bash my opinions. That's all iv'e seen you do. Not just mine, but any opinion that isn't yours! I hope now you know why I have been complaining, it's only in self defense. I'm sorry for anything iv'e said to you or anybody else in this forum that you didn't like, and i'm ready to step up and be the man and admit that iv'e acted immaturely in fighting back. I understand that i'm not Martin Luther King, and more often than not my opinion doesn't matter.

But what you need to know is, although opinions may not mean much, that's what a discussion board mainly consists of! It's what we're all entitled too! So please quit bashing every thought that either didn't come out of your head, or wasn't exactly what you would have said in the first place...

I apologize if you got caught up in between us. And if you think I'm bashing opinions, you're completely mistaken. I welcome most of them. The board needs more ideas floating around.

As for Farrior, I didn't mean to laugh at your comment that but I'm not the only one who thinks he's struggling. I think we all agree that he had VERY bad first few games this season and I honestly believe rotating him with Foote (pre-Harrison injury) was the coaching staff trying to send him a message.

Just my 2 cents.

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 06:13 AM
I apologize if you got caught up in between us. And if you think I'm bashing opinions, you're completely mistaken. I welcome most of them. The board needs more ideas floating around.

As for Farrior, I didn't mean to laugh at your comment that but I'm not the only one who thinks he's struggling. I think we all agree that he had VERY bad first few games this season and I honestly believe rotating him with Foote (pre-Harrison injury) was the coaching staff trying to send him a message.

Just my 2 cents.

It's just an unfortunate series of events I suppose. I just noticed a few times it seemed you we're bashing others opinions, and on top of that, Tony was getting onto you. Also, understand that thumper just happens to be the first poster I ever encountered. The first post I read was his. Bad way to start a forum membership :rofl:

Anyways. Farrior has always been a good player for us, and i'm glad he's on our squad. So far this year he's leading our defensive unit in the tackles category, and I always seem to hear his name during game time. I believe I heard his name 5 times during one game. The commentators amazed by his speed and athleticism at such a veteran age.

Well, got to go to work. Have a good day.

theplatypus
10-28-2011, 07:00 AM
The funniest part about this thread is that some of the same people crying about Farrior also cry during the draft about how linebacker isn't an area of concern and how the fo is clueless. It's always the same with the chicken little crew, they just need something to cry about. If it's not Farrior it's Ward, Smith, Tomlin, Foote, Arians, some draft pick they should have taken, some coach that should have been hired/fired...
The only time they're happy is if they've got something to bitch and moan about. It's a truly sad existence, pity them.

SteelCityMom
10-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Since there are some that can't argue their points like adults (I'm not pointing my finger at just one person either), I'm closing this thread. Apparently just deleting posts won't do the trick for some. Grow up! If you disagree with someone, do so in an adult fashion. If you don't like someone or the way they post, IGNORE THEM. Just quit acting like little children. Please.