PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Batch!

Mosca
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Y'know, he did look pretty decent after he knocked some of the rust off in that first game. From what I've read, Omar is a project, even with that strong arm won't be ready for a few years. But Batch, well give him a whole training camp with the first team and he might do OK.

Tom

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty confident in Batch. I mean he isn't Ben, but he is a pretty capable back up.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Well they said Ben wouldn't be ready at first either. I'm a big fan of the Mac conference. So I always follow the stud Mac QB's. Omar Jacobs has the talent to be as good or better then his fellow Mac QB's that came before him. That includes Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, Ben Roethlisberger and Charile Fyre. Only reason Jacobs slid to the fifth was the injury plagued season he had this past year. During the 2004 season Jacobs threw 41 TD's and only 4 INT's.

Steelers shocked the world during the 2004 season with a rookie QB. Not saying it will happen again but you never know. I don't even want to think about the season. But pro sports is a business these days. So I'm rooting for Omar to light it up during camp. Chances Omar won't start anyway. Batch will be the starter. But Batch has never been able to stay healthy in his career.

I'm just still in shock really. I don't really know what I'm typing. Its like having one of own family members being in a accident. I wanted Big Ben to be a Steeler so bad in that 2004 draft. To think he might have been killed or the chance he may never play again just puts a sick feeling in my stomach. I need a drink bigtime.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
you know this really is the last thing I could care about right now, I just to make sure Ben is ok then we can talk about what and who will be the QB for the steelers if Ben cant play

Man_Of_Steel
06-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Y'know, he did look pretty decent after he knocked some of the rust off in that first game. From what I've read, Omar is a project, even with that strong arm won't be ready for a few years. But Batch, well give him a whole training camp with the first team and he might do OK.

Tom

How can you even THINK about this right now????????????????? Who freaking cares at this point.

Pray for Ben the person. Talking about the season right now is ridiculous and cold.

Mosca
06-12-2006, 05:28 PM
How can you even THINK about this right now????????????????? Who freaking cares at this point.

Pray for Ben the person. Talking about the season right now is ridiculous and cold.

Frankly, because it looks like everyone has the situation under control. My feelings toward it can't influence it. If Ben's OK, then he's back. If he's not, then I wish him the best, I hope he doesn't beat himself up too bad for not listening to them tell him about helmets, and Batch is a legitimate subject for scrutiny, just like the defensive line was in '81 (Gabe Rivera). it's not like he died.

Tom

Man_Of_Steel
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Frankly, because it looks like everyone has the situation under control. My feelings toward it can't influence it. If Ben's OK, then he's back. If he's not, then I wish him the best, I hope he doesn't beat himself up too bad for not listening to them tell him about helmets, and Batch is a legitimate subject for scrutiny, just like the defensive line was in '81 (Gabe Rivera). it's not like he died.

Tom

:rolleyes:

Mosca
06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
:rolleyes:

Right, go ahead and pass judgement on people over the internet. Holier than thou, always good for a laugh.

Duck44
06-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Batch. LOL.

Man_Of_Steel
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Right, go ahead and pass judgement on people over the internet. Holier than thou, always good for a laugh.

All you're worried about is the upcoming season. :rolleyes:

Hines86Ward
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Dude, let's see what happens with Ben before we even start thinking about the upcoming season. Lets take a break from football & think about this kid and his life

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty confident in Batch. I mean he isn't Ben, but he is a pretty capable back up.

I aggree. He looked like a QB in his prime after not starting 5 years. I am also with Hines86, see how he is doing 1st.

Mosca
06-12-2006, 06:08 PM

And all you're worried about is what I'm thinking about... don't try to read my mind. Trust me, it can support more than one thought at a time.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
it is a legitimate question. infact one the front office had to address immediately. we are very lucky ben isnt in traction for the next 4 months. if he were the steelers would be questionning whether to ask maddox back or persuing kerry collins.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
only time will tell , lets just site back and hope that Ben is ok then we can look at who will be the QB going into week 1, there is still alot of time beofre then

Haiku_Dirtt
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Easy guys...you both are right. The fan in me is truly sick to my stomach. I'm having a hard remembering what I'm supposed to do today.

But the football business head in me is also thinking...OK Miami is right around the corner. What is Whiz going to do?

But my very very first reaction was wanting to put him down like an injured thoroughbred limping around the final turn for being so utterly freaking selfish to the town, to Cohwer, to the Rooney's and especially all the guys in the locker room who were ready to call him the leader.

YES SELFISH!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
YES SELFISH!!!

Ben riding that damn bike was totally selfish and I agree. He didn't think about the organization who has invested millions in him. He didn't think about his teammates. More importantly he didn't think about his family. I thought he was ready to be leader to. But after this I'm not sure.

Whats sad I'm a big Ben Roethlisberger fan. I have watched and rooted for this guy since his college days and I hate the fact this has happen to him. But Ben could have avoided it all by not riding that damn bike.

dbish33
06-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Rumor has it that Kerry Collins will be coming to Latrobe for training camp........I would feel much more comfortable with him at QB than Charlie Batch

Koopa
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
it don't really matter who the qb is if ben isn't ready, willie, duce, and haynes better be ready to carry the ball 98% of the time. cowher had problems trusting ben throwing, i can only imagine how much more he'll lock things up with any other qb

get well soon ben