PDA

View Full Version : To all the whiners on here....

MDSteel15
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
How you like Woodley now??? :hatsoff:

mikegrimey
10-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Yea I recall people calling him "lazy and slow" simply because he didn't get any sacks the first game. PEople put way too much emphasis on sacks, they're important but not the be-all indicator of a player's effort. I even recall one denizen asking "where was woodley" during the Colts game when he was repeatedly on Harrison's side of the field stopping run plays.

Oh well, every time we lose it seems a number of fans want to scapegoat a couple of people

effyou515
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
since Hood took Smith's LDE spot Woodley has come alive.

MDSteel15
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Helps with a healthy teammate next to you! :coffee:

ebsteelers
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
certain people will never be happy,

they will bash the o line, mendy, billy gay, woodley, tomlin whoever comes to mind

Steelerfreak58
10-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice to see him come alive.

Let em eat ketchup
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
since Hood took Smith's LDE spot Woodley has come alive.

Exactly right. Smith has been solid for a number of years now, however, he never got it going this year. Very pleased with Ziggy's play so far this year.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
anyone else think McClendon looked solid? So awesome seeing Hood McClendon and Heyward on the line together - they looked hungry for blood - along with a great leader in Keisel who still has some left to make a mark

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Woodley and Harrison in LeBeau's scheme are simply beasts. As long as the D-line doesn't get bulldozed immediately, they're going to be able to put pressure. They're pitbulls in the pass-rush game. They get held more than any player in the league and the refs let it go becuase they know they're unguardable otherwise.

Nothing is more satisfying than that moment when the QB has already gone through his reads and realizes has nowhere to dump the ball to because Woodley or Silverback just flattened the guy who was supposed to release off the initial block and be the check-down option. From there, it's either a sack, a turnover, or a throw-away and the QB ends up in the grass.

Beautiful thing to watch. They've been doing it for years now and I don't see any signs of them slowing down unless they're literally tackled or put in a headlock by some 6'6 350lb behemoth.

LVSteelersfan
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
All the people I had to complain about are not playing. Smith is on I/R again : ( I never had a complaint about Woodley. It has just taken him a few games to get to full game speed. That safety he got was BEAUTIFUL to see. The young players are stepping up and kicking butt. Where are all the complainers who say the Steelers FO doesn't know how to draft? I love watching the young guys kick butt in true Steeler fashion. And hopefully Ben is over being the turnover machine he was early on. Starks is amazing to me that he came in game shape and has been protecting the blind side very well.