PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have MOST wins in AFC

NEWstevo
10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Here is proof that stats don't mean a damn thing:

Steelers and Pats both have 5 wins in the AFC. Baltimore will probably get #5 Monday evening over the Jags. So that means that no matter what, for the next week the Steelers are tied for the most wins in the AFC.

So why am I feeling so hollow inside? Why can't us Steeler fans just enjoy the wins?

Polamalu played his worst game. I think he never got his head in the game after he dropped that INT that hit him in the chest.

Ike held (literally) his own against LF. But he still got burnt for a TD and gave up lots of bone-headed penalties. And don’t get me started on my island peep Kemo. WTF is thinking when he does that?

Once again… could the Steelers running game please pick up a white courtesy phone!

So yeah, they have the most wins but there is a lot to improve upon. Can you be a "bad" team with the most wins?

Sixburgher
10-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Ike held (literally) his own against LF. But he still got burnt for a TD and gave up lots of bone-headed penalties.

You couldn't possibly get any better coverage on a receiver than Ike had on Fitzgerald when Fitzgerald "burned" him. Revis and Asomugha couldn't have stopped that one. That's what elite receivers do.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Well we've won it all and made it to the show and lost with some ugly wins (last season - v. Dolphins and Bills)

(SB 43 season - specifically thinking of wk 2 Browns game 10-6 and Chargers game 11-10 - not to mention the division/bye/home clinching win at Ravens)

LVSteelersfan
10-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Whatever dude. A 32-20 butt whooping on the road is not good enough for you? Some people just have to nitpick on every little thing. I just hope they can keep up with Brady and crew and not get blown out again next week. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to burn that defense of theirs. It is not that good this year. But you can bet Belicheat with a bye week has all kinds of schemes to knock Ben off his feet every time he gets a chance. We better not see that go for the home run ball every other play against the Patriots or we will lose by 3-4 TDs. I hope we do ball control and eat clock to keep A $ $ chin off the field.

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
"feeling good" about is irrelevant as I've said before.

The point of W's is to get enough of them to go to the playoffs. The Steelers already have 5.

A win is a win is a win. Being perfect sucks because then you risk not having motivation to improve. The worst thing is being complacent. It's good to want more, and the Steelers certainly want more. That's been their mantra all year and it's a great attitude to have.

Going into the game everyone was worried because of Ken's personal vendetta and because it was an away game and the Cardinals always play us tough and we went in there, played good offense and good defense. We come away with a victory, a week closer to getting some injured guys back, and a ton of motivation to not only get better but to beat the Patriots.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a "feeling" the outcome ,whether win or lose, will be far better than last year's Pats game.

IF we lose, it won't be by more than 10. Callin it:thumbsup:

BKAnthem
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
i'm feeling good about this win...and i hope we keep getting them, i just pray the FO doesn't do it's usual and overlook glaring deficiencies come draft time because we win alot

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 01:10 PM
You couldn't possibly get any better coverage on a receiver than Ike had on Fitzgerald when Fitzgerald "burned" him. Revis and Asomugha couldn't have stopped that one. That's what elite receivers do.

players like that you can't shut down the entire game. fitz is a top 3 wr, maybe even the #2 wr in the league behind megatron.

how's that saying go? you can't stop him, you can only contain him

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
yup - I'd say as of now Larry won't be top anything until his QB gets a grip or they get their grips on a new one - can you imagine what Whiz has to be feeling right now? What an overreaction to Kolb - and I thought that before this season even started.

As far as this season goes I'd rank WRs as follows:
Megatron
Wallace
Welker
Jennings
Graham

Fitzgerald will still have a productive year - but through 7 games these are my top 5. Shame on Cardinals game planning - Larry only has 505 yards and 2 TDs. That means their best offensive weapon is only worth 72 yards of production every game. Hence 1-6 (plus ya know that Kolb guy)

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
i'm feeling good about this win...and i hope we keep getting them, i just pray the FO doesn't do it's usual and overlook glaring deficiencies come draft time because we win alot

The FO knows exactly what they're doing come draft time. If they went into every draft and just drafted for "need" based on a weakness last year, we'd be missing out on a lot of big-time player.

They have the right philosophy, they draft the best players available that fit into our scheme. They also have a great eye on the future and handle the salary cap magnificently. Just look at how they've built our WR core. If they didn't draft the way they did at WR, they would have had to hold onto and pay that knucklehead Holmes. We may not have "needed" LB's or defensive linemen when we drafted Timmons, Hood, Heyward, etc but now we do. Timmons is now a huge part of our D, Hood is emerging to become a staple on the line, and Heyward hasn't received much time but in a few years when Kiesel is done, or if we lose a pass rusher for whatever reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in and have a huge impact.

Just because we had a few issues in the secondary(what team doesn't?) doesn't mean you should get upset if they don't go out and draft the highest DB available on Kiper's big board. The reason we have been able to sustain so much success for so long is because the FO knows exactly what they're doing.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 02:35 PM
I would love to watch the draft meetings of the Steelers and Cowboys (or Raiders) and compare and discuss - can you imagine the difference in those conversations?

Steelers hardly get any love in the media - but ie - it was extra gratifying listening to the AFC champ game last year against Jets - when the analysts said how demoralizing it had to be to the Jets to see a "no name" 6th rounder in Antonio Brown ending their season and then they went to say "Where do the Steelers find these guys?"

We draft men that make themselves a name rather than names that can fool you into believing they're men

Quasar
10-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Whatever dude. A 32-20 butt whooping on the road is not good enough for you?
That game was 32-14 in the 4th quarter, when the Steelers started rotating a lot of younger players into the game on both sides of the ball. I was there, and my buddy and I had to look at the program to see who some of the players were. Why the Cards didn't try an onside kick after failing on that 2-point conversion, I dunno. Maybe that's why they are 1-5.

Baltimore is 4-2 now, and in 2nd place. :tt04: Pats-Steelers in an AFC Title preview! :tt02: