PDA

View Full Version : What's this 'easy schedule' I'm hearing about?

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Upcoming schedule actually looks TOUGH.
- New England
- Baltimore
- The Bengals twice who are actually looking pretty strong at 4-2
- At Kansas City who looks like they're turning things around, starting off 0-3 but are now 3-3
- 49ers, been shitty for the last decade but are 5-1 and just beat the lions
- Cleveland at 3-3, we should beat them at home but at cleveland they always play tough

The only 'easy' game for the rest of this season is going to be vs the Rams. Not saying this is bad or anything because the team seems to play better when the schedule is tough, but just looking at the remaining games, this is no cake walk by any means.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
The way I see it is that the next two define this season. Anything can happen, but you gotta think if we win against NE we can get revenge against Bmore. One way or another I don't see us losing two in a row at home - not under the circumstances against these particular teams. They know how big it is and I think they'll grab a win in at least one of them - if not both.

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 01:09 PM
It's important to come out of the next two games with at least 1 victory, but I still can't find myself getting worried about the Bengals, Chiefs, or Browns. The 49ers play a style that our defense has thrived on stopping for a long time and I think they'll come back to earth for sure.

If we can get a win over the Pats or Baltimore, we're going to be in good shape and heading right towards 11 or 12 wins. Baltimore's a more important game for division purposes though.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 01:12 PM
It's important to come out of the next two games with at least 1 victory, but I still can't find myself getting worried about the Bengals, Chiefs, or Browns. The 49ers play a style that our defense has thrived on stopping for a long time and I think they'll come back to earth for sure.

If we can get a win over the Pats or Baltimore, we're going to be in good shape and heading right towards 11 or 12 wins. Baltimore's a more important game for division purposes though.

well i agree that there's nothing scary about the bengals, chiefs, or browns, but they aren't going to be gimmie games. the fact that division games are rarely easy and they're playing better football than in recent years means we can't sleep on those teams.

agree with the point about baltimore being a more important game out of the next two, and coming away with at least 1 win from these next 2 games will be huge.

SmashmouthFootball
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm glad that they won't be gimme games. You want to peak in the playoffs, and there's no better way to prepare for that than a few winter dogfights.

steelfury02
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
If they lose to NE - they're going to be mad against Bmore so I think we will get revenge
If they beat NE - they'll have a huge confidence booster but Tomlin will keep them focused

Let's get some huge AFC wins over the next 3 weeks and go into the bye healthy and ready for the final push . . .:tt03:

Steelers>NFL
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
At the start of the season, Steelers had the 27th easiest schedule based on last year's record.

dysthymic
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
At the start of the season, Steelers had the 27th easiest schedule based on last year's record.

Yet, so far, the records of the five teams they've beaten is 7-24. Pretty easy to this point.

ricardisimo
10-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Yet, so far, the records of the five teams they've beaten is 7-24. Pretty easy to this point.
Exactly. That's the "easy schedule" you've been hearing about.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Exactly. That's the "easy schedule" you've been hearing about.

well, people have been writing off all the games other than baltimore and NE as wins. looking more closely on it though, it's not going to be that easy. just because cincy and SF sucked last year doesn't mean they suck this year

steeltheone
10-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Up till now, it has been pretty easy!

lipps83
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
We have 5 wins. So what? Look at the competition we beat:

Seahawks 2-4
Colts 0-7
Titans 3-3
Jags 1-5
Cardinals 1-5

And we struggled against a one man Colts team with that one man missing and that just got demolished 62-7.

I am not getting my hopes up anytime soon. We need to be beating the top teams, not teams that will be residing in the basement the entire season.

The wins against inferior teams and losses to top competition will just make the exit much quicker in the playoffs.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
we can only beat who we play that week. i'll take 5 wins over no wins. bring on the pats

mikegrimey
10-24-2011, 08:38 PM
well, people have been writing off all the games other than baltimore and NE as wins. looking more closely on it though, it's not going to be that easy. just because cincy and SF sucked last year doesn't mean they suck this year

I'm actually worried about those Bengal and 9ers defenses. They've looked pretty good this year and could wreak havoc in our backfield. Without some decent protection those games could end up looking ilk the baltimore/houston games

Sixburgher
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Seahawks 2-4
Colts 0-7
Titans 3-3
Jags 1-5
Cardinals 1-5

And we struggled against a one man Colts team with that one man missing and that just got demolished 62-7.

I am not getting my hopes up anytime soon. We need to be beating the top teams, not teams that will be residing in the basement the entire season.

The wins against inferior teams and losses to top competition will just make the exit much quicker in the playoffs.

Would you prefer a repeat of 2009, where a solid 1/3 of the season was spent losing to the dregs of the league?

JCPsteelers
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I can't remember the last time the Steelers lost to a rookie QB. maybe that texans game when they had 10 offensive yards and Tommy Gun threw 3 picks. Dalton will have issues against us.

Chiefs don't concern me and the Brownies are a joke

Pats, Ravens, 49ers are the toughest games left on the schedule.

Hayeksheroes
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM

Seahawks 2-4
Colts 0-7
Titans 3-3
Jags 1-5
Cardinals 1-5

Yes, however Titans were playing well at 3-1 when we played them. The Jags are on the rise beating the Ravens.

Fire Arians
10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, however Titans were playing well at 3-1 when we played them. The Jags are on the rise beating the Ravens.

to add onto that,

the jags are a good defensive team. they have a good chance vs anyone if they can keep the score close, as seen in the ravens game. they are good qb play away from being a playoff team.

the colts were playing for their lives when they played us. starting 0-4 you can kiss the season goodbye and they knew that

playing in arizona is never easy. actually i don't remember a single time as a steeler fan in my life so far, us ever going into arizona and winning. was this the first time ever?