PDA

View Full Version : Are not we all glad

rich4eagle
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
that the slug Jeff Reed is gone.,who lost two games single handedly two years ago is history.what a slug and so great he is here no more a loser among winners:tt04:.

PhantomJB93
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Suisham's not much better, and up until 2009 Reed was money...

NoFieldFive
10-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I like how Suisham gets down the field for tackles. Reed ran the other way. Suisham's made a few stops this year.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 05:22 PM
the paper towel pugilist lol

FanSince72
10-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Suisham has gotten better and he seems more confident - and yes, I too like the way he tries to be part of the kickoff defense.

But he's not Jeff Reed just yet.
Reed was money for quite a while and he was one of the few kickers who didn't seem to mind Heinz Field in winter.

I'll feel the same way about Suisham when he can be as clutch in the bad weather as Reed was. 46 yards on a mild afternoon is not the same as 46 yards in single-digit temps with a stiff wind blowing and the game on the line.

We'll see...

steeltheone
10-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Any Steeler fan knows how clutch Reed was over the years...Even if he was a douch bag...

stlrtruck
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I'd like to see the kicker for the Pitt Panthers get a try out with the Steelers. A few weeks ago I saw him nail a 42 yarder in the south end zone...MONEY!

And let's face it, kicking in Heinz Field isn't easy!

DanRooney
10-25-2011, 03:21 AM
the paper towel pugilist lol

:chuckle:

ricardisimo
10-25-2011, 04:11 AM
We glad am.

Steelerfreak58
10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Cocaine its a hell of a drug....

davidtrout
10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
We glad am.

:rofl:

I still get a kick out of hearing fans talk about Reed's tackling.:doh:

If your kicker is making tackles............

If your kicker is missing tackles..............

If you're using the words kicker and tackle in the same sentence in reference to your football team......................................

YOU"RE IN DEEP SHIT!!!!!

Reed was the perfect kicker for us. Putting the ball through the uprights is the ONLY thing that really matters when it comes to kickers. Sure you want deep kickoffs, but only an idiot would trade that for missed FGs. Reed was consistent at Heinz field. Who else has been?

ebsteelers
10-25-2011, 09:51 AM
whats jeffrey up to now a days?

probably boozing and picking up chicks with that goofy hair dude...

what a guy

LayingTheWoodley56
10-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Noo way I know some people didn't think he was the best person but i had full confidence in jeff reed every time he had a big kick lined up and he delivered just about all the time..he was most certainly not a loser id like to look up what is percentage on game winning/tying kicks for us was over tthe years

LVSteelersfan
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
You Jeff Reed apologists seem to forget about the critical misses in the games the past couple years he was here. You can say he was money all you want but he was not money in his last two seasons. If he is still money, how come he can't stick with a new team? He was a jerk who couldn't kick consistently any more and couldn't tackle. Why did we know that? Because he kept giving returners a full head of steam because they would run forward to the 10 -15 yard line and be running full speed when they caught the ball. Our special teams unit could not get there in time and the last line of defense looked pathetic. Basically he sucked in all aspects of the game. That is why he got canned.

DanRooney
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
3 things I like about Suisham:

1. He's a class act. Very humble.
2. He can boot it out of the endzone due to new league rules.
3. He hustles down the field to make a tackle in the rare instance he doesn't boot it out of the endzone.

It's really hard to find a Janikowski/Scobee type kicker. Suisham is fine for now.

Sixburgher
10-25-2011, 02:32 PM
We glad am.

Seriously, we have Yoda posting here? Who knew?

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
glad we are. suck reed did.

BengalDestroyer
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Reed was money until 09... Suishams not that great... But he has made a few stops on kick off, that I do respect...

FanSince72
10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
You Jeff Reed apologists seem to forget about the critical misses in the games the past couple years he was here. You can say he was money all you want but he was not money in his last two seasons.

His first SIX season were pretty good.
He was also on two SB winning teams during those six years and I'm pretty sure he had SOMETHING to do with that as well.

Ironically, his last SB team was in 2008 which coincides with the last of his six years of "money" kicking.

If he is still money, how come he can't stick with a new team?

Because he isn't money anymore (everybody loses a step eventually).

You can say he sucks all you want but I was happy to have him here for eight years even if only six of them were his money years.

rich4eagle
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Reed wavied at people and Suiswhim tackles them and so far we are way ahead............

Reed was an albatross to the Steelers...........I am glad management saw it some time after me and got rid of the ahole

ricardisimo
10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
glad we are. suck reed did.
Kick or kick not... there is no try.

Third Rail
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Reed had plenty of good seasons in Pittsburgh. He wasn't great on kickoffs and he couldn't tackle for shit, but he made some incredible kicks up until 2009. I don't know what happened to him after that... it seemed like he suddenly aged 15 years or something. But anyway, I'll still always love the guy for the games he helped win for us. That being said, I wasn't sad to see him go because he wasn't playing well and didn't seem to care. Suisham isn't perfect by any means but he's made some great kicks and is a good tackler, so I'm happy with him.

MDSteel15
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
^^^^^^^^
Think the liquer caught up to him?!?! :noidea:

FanSince72
10-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Maybe him and Vanderjagt started hangin' out too much.

(Though I will always have a special place in my heart for Vanderjagt and his 30-yard shank into the third row)

rich4eagle
10-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I like how Suisham gets down the field for tackles. Reed ran the other way. Suisham's made a few stops this year.

Bingo and that is my point he plays instead of waving at people hello goodbye:tt04:

rich4eagle
10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
You Jeff Reed apologists seem to forget about the critical misses in the games the past couple years he was here. You can say he was money all you want but he was not money in his last two seasons. If he is still money, how come he can't stick with a new team? He was a jerk who couldn't kick consistently any more and couldn't tackle. Why did we know that? Because he kept giving returners a full head of steam because they would run forward to the 10 -15 yard line and be running full speed when they caught the ball. Our special teams unit could not get there in time and the last line of defense looked pathetic. Basically he sucked in all aspects of the game. That is why he got canned.

Bingo once more and totally astute and accurate:tt03:

cubanstogie
10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Reed in his prime better than Suisham. Sure he was a nut case who thought he was worth more than he was but he is in the top 20 in FG percentage ever. Some of you guys don't appreciate what these guys have done in their career. Its all about what have you done for me lately. People were ready to get rid of Ben and Mendy a few games ago. Now Farrior,pretty soon Polamalu(greatest defensive player in league) will be questioned. Reed was probably let go at the right time but he contributed plenty when he was here.