PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward injury

wyn50
10-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know if his injury is serious. Tomlin is so pretty vague on his injury, like he is with most of his updates on injuries :wave:

FanSince72
10-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Probably a hammy, no?

Hasn't he always had problems with that?

grward
10-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought Tomlin said it was an ankle injury ... or in the terms of the coach I believe he said "Hines has an ankle". :flap:

BKAnthem
10-24-2011, 08:07 PM
He barely gets any touches anyway so....

mizzouristeeler
10-24-2011, 08:43 PM
They were taping his ankle on the sideline

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 08:50 PM
He barely gets any touches anyway so....

hes got more receptions and just 18 fewer yards than heath miller, which obviously means miller should be benched in favor of weslye sanders so the rookie TE can gain experience and his amazing talents dont rot away on the bench. he's a BEAST!

:sofunny:

internet steeler coaches crack me up.

BKAnthem
10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
hes got more receptions and just 18 fewer yards than heath miller, which obviously means miller should be benched in favor of weslye sanders so the rookie TE can gain experience and his amazing talents dont rot away on the bench. he's a BEAST!

:sofunny:

internet steeler coaches crack me up.

Heath Miller who's also underused in this offense...calm down homer..i wasn't inferring that he sucked, just that his injury doesn't have the same impact it would years ago...

wera176
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Hines it the best TE on the team.... ;)

At least that's how we use him: lots of blocking and short passes over the middle.

But then again most of those short passes over the middle result in a first down.

Fire Arians
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
his veteran saavy makes him a good target in the red zone. although he's not really a gamebreaker he still picks up first downs in critical times.

but i am kind of on board with the opinion that this might be his last year. he's definitely lost a step.

MACH1
10-25-2011, 01:33 PM
his veteran saavy makes him a good target in the red zone. although he's not really a gamebreaker he still picks up first downs in critical times.

but i am kind of on board with the opinion that this might be his last year. he's definitely lost a step.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Picking up critical plays that breaks a game open. :noidea:

:shout: FIRE HINES

Fire Arians
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Picking up critical plays that breaks a game open. :noidea:

:shout: FIRE HINES

gamebreaker is usually associated with someone who's a scoring threat at any point of the game. i guess our views on what that means is different. first downs = chain mover. touchdowns = game breaker :P

hines is still effective but I wouldn't call him a gamebreaker. mike wallace on the other hand...

tony hipchest
10-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Heath Miller who's also underused in this offense...calm down homer..i wasn't inferring that he sucked, just that his injury doesn't have the same impact it would years ago...

why are you getting so defensive...hater...?

anyways, look for sanders to start in place of ward this sunday. :noidea:

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 04:09 AM

People always seem to go that "extra mile" on internet boards. Tend to say stuff they wouldn't dare say if they we're just a few steps away. As for his opinion, I have yet to read it. Going to go see what this scuffle's about :chuckle:

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 04:13 AM

Yeah, I went back and read up. Tony, what we have here is a case of "Bandwagon fan doesn't know the history of this current Pittsburgh Steelers team." Not only does he not suck, he sometimes catches two touchdowns a game! When he left game Sunday our offense got considerably less efficient!

I love it when people have opinion's, and I love to take opinions in. I love having many different points of view in my head. It's refreshing. But when opinions are of the latest quality...

* Wibbles *