PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jacksonville! AFC NORTH is wide open..

StainlessStill
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Lets go get it, folks! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!:tt04::drink::tt04:

Raw Steel
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Your first place Pittsburgh Steelers! That's right. Uh huh! :tt04:

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I think we are still 1/2 game behind, but control our own destiny now

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Your first place Pittsburgh Steelers! That's right. Uh huh! :tt04:not yet, but how many pansy steelerfans are still scurred of the ravens? i know there were a ton after we barely beat the jags last week.

:coffee:

GMU Steeler
10-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah they're technically ahead due to their week one win. what is interesting though is we've beaten both Jax and Ten who they lost to though they beat Hou who we lost to. Division race is going to be another one that will come down to the last couple weeks of the season hopefully with the Steelers earning yet another division title.

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Well now everyon knows the Jags are a pretty dam tough team, just a good QB away from playoffs IMHO

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Now only if the Cardinals beat the Ravens next week....

GMU Steeler
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Now only if the Cardinals beat the Ravens next week....

Is that game in Arizona or Baltimore?

StainlessStill
10-24-2011, 11:16 PM
The Steelers have some breathing room now. Even with a loss to New England, all the Steelers need to do is beat Baltimore, in Pittsburgh, take care of their weak second half schedule and the Steelers would win the division via common opponents (Baltimore lost to Tennessee, Pittsburgh beat Tennessee. Baltimore lost to Jacksonville, Pittsburgh beat Jacksonville.) The Steelers just need to beat Balty and go take the North. Huge victory for Pittsburgh tonight. It's now ours to take!

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 11:17 PM

ESPN said, " The Ravens lost to a team with a losing record for just the third time in 22 meetings in the John Harbaugh era. It was a costly one because the Ravens (4-2) fall a half-game behind the Steelers (5-2) in the AFC North standings." so we are ahead as of right now

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:18 PM
I actually think balty will run the tables except for us and possibly SF. I think we will beat them and NE but lose a stupid one down the line and win the division.

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Is that game in Arizona or Baltimore?

it's in Baltimore

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:19 PM
They had their bye already? I guess we are 1/2 up then, but still have to beat them.

GMU Steeler
10-24-2011, 11:21 PM
ESPN said, " The Ravens lost to a team with a losing record for just the third time in 22 meetings in the John Harbaugh era. It was a costly one because the Ravens (4-2) fall a half-game behind the Steelers (5-2) in the AFC North standings." so we are ahead as of right now

Ah my mistake. I keep on ignoring the fact we have a really late bye this season and they already had theirs. So, yeah back in first place. I wonder what Warren "Old, slow, and it's over" Sapp says to that.

DanRooney
10-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm still worried about the Ravens. They always play us tough.

tony hipchest
10-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm still worried about the Ravens. They always play us tough.

HFSaWJKboBA

Rotorhead
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh, it wont be a gimme by any means, but this game really hurt them. They built a team to try to beat the Steelers and forgot there are other teams out there lol.

ggoldman
10-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh, it wont be a gimme by any means, but this game really hurt them. They built a team to try to beat the Steelers and forgot there are other teams out there lol.

I dont think they expected the Jaguars to come out with such a good defensive gameplan

drizze99
10-24-2011, 11:33 PM
LOL, I can not believe the Jag-offs beat the Ratbirds. What a pleasant surprise and early Christmas gift. Now all we have to do is beat them down when they come to the 'Burgh and the division should be ours again.

I can't wait until Sunday. I really hope we send the dawgs all day long against Brady. Rob Ryan showed everyone on national TV how to make Brady feel uneasy when he is getting a heavy pass rush in his face.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-24-2011, 11:44 PM
LOL, I can not believe the Jag-offs beat the Ratbirds. What a pleasant surprise and early Christmas gift. Now all we have to do is beat them down when they come to the 'Burgh and the division should be ours again.

I can't wait until Sunday. I really hope we send the dawgs all day long against Brady. Rob Ryan showed everyone on national TV how to make Brady feel uneasy when he is getting a heavy pass rush in his face.

The entire league has known this since SB XLII, but for some reason, whenever we play NE, we always play a Nickel/Dime defense with only 3 guys rushing Marsha, until it is too late, then we decide to pull out the stops and start slamming Brady. Brady, like Manning, is a Pocket Princess, and if you get pressure on him-- his game immediately goes to pieces.

We played that "scared defense" last year when we played them, and Brady will ALWAYS find the holes in your secondary, unless you get in his face! (And he did just that)

In the 4th qaurter of that 39-26 loss last year, Brady failed to complete a single pass and ate the ground 3 times in 8 plays when we finally decided to start rushing him. We need to do that from the start and our offense needs to come out guns ablazing.

If we can jump to an early lead, and keep the pressure on Marsha, there is no reason why we can't take this one.

But.....we have Bruce Arians for an offensive coordinator, so our offense will sputter for 3 1/2 quarters, and then spring to life once we are down 39-0 again.

These NE games are always a huge source of frustration for me, but I never give up hope that we will run the correct gameplan to finally get these guys on a consistent basis one day.

I hope to see lots of Heinz Field smeared on Brady's normally clean uniform....I hope it is a nice, muddy day, just for him.

austinfrench76
10-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I said this when they kicked our asses but, they played us like it was the friggin Superbowl! They came out and basically all week talked about never beating Ben and acting as if this was the one game they needed and then their road to this year's SB was paved. I think this loss hurts them horribly and we kick their butts in 2 weeks. just my opinion.

Fire Arians
10-24-2011, 11:51 PM
wow i wish i watched the game. i didn't even bother since i thought the jagoffs were gonna get smashed. great news!

ggoldman
10-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Even the monday night pre-game thing was about the Ravens coming to "hunt" the Jaguars, and it was a Jags home game

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Even the monday night pre-game thing was about the Ravens coming to "hunt" the Jaguars, and it was a Jags home gamethat pre-game shit was sickenning. i havent seen so much ballwashing since i watched my dog lick his balls (which was 10X more entertaining than watching the ravens horrid offense on MNF).

ravens = seattle vs browns

Third Rail
10-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Question for you guys. We play the Ravens and the Pats next. If we could only win one of those games, which one would you pick?

Of course, I'm hoping we win both but this is just a hypothetical. Would you rather see the mighty Steelers annihilate Tom Brady after all of these years of being called inferior? Or would you stomach a loss to him if it means we get to kick the piss out of the always overrated Ravens?

Of the two, I think I'd have to say that beating the Ravens is more important to me. I know, we play them every year and usually beat them multiple times, but it's the worst when a team shuts you out in your division... especially when at least one of those losses was an absolute ass-kicking.

Again, I hope the Steelers win both games, but I'm just curious which game is more important to all of you.

steelers33
10-25-2011, 12:27 AM
We haven't taken care of any business yet guys. Remember facing Brady were 1-6 and Balt blow us out of town the first game. Lets start getting excited if we perform well these next two weeks..

StainlessStill
10-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Question for you guys. We play the Ravens and the Pats next. If we could only win one of those games, which one would you pick?

Holy shit, it's no-contest for me. I'd rather lose to New England than Baltimore! 100 times out of 100! We might hate the Pats with a passion, but this season now hinges on beating Baltimore for the division thanks to the Jaguars coming through. Beating Brady and the hated Pats would be something, a HUGE win for our franchise and for the season in general but we NEED to beat Batlimore. The Ravens is a must win and the Pats now have become a game we don't need so badly at the moment.

StainlessStill
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
We haven't taken care of any business yet guys. Remember facing Brady were 1-6 and Balt blow us out of town the first game. Lets start getting excited if we perform well these next two weeks..

True. All we're saying is, is that the stage is set and everything is practically in the palm of our hands. We control our own destiny now, which is an awesome feeling and should be for any Steelers fan!

Steel_Bus_24
10-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I'll enjoy this more after they've taken care of their own business 1st

Time to step up and put the league on notice we're still serious contenders

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 12:40 AM
We haven't taken care of any business yet guys. Remember facing Brady were 1-6 and Balt blow us out of town the first game. Lets start getting excited if we perform well these next two weeks..remember what flaccos record is facing ben?

Bayz101
10-25-2011, 01:02 AM
We have always had the Ravens number, and truthfully, I don't even worry about where we're at in the division at this point. I know that may sound ignorant, but it's just my mind set.

Keep in mind we won the Super XL as a wildcard team, and beat every team on the road. With that being said, I do think the next Ravens game is a must win, but I also think beating the patriots on Sunday is just as important!

Did anyone else notice Ben immediately began targeting Brown against the Cards? Antonio is a really strong, fast and overall talented wide receiver, and I think Ben will be using him and Emmanuel more often to open up Wallace. Now that I think about it...Does Brown look a lot like Santonio Holmes? He's built like him, and hell, he plays like him when he's in!

ggoldman
10-25-2011, 01:16 AM
I bet you that Warren Sapp is still all over the Raven's nuts, and will still call us old, slow, and done even if we beat the Ravens AND Patriots

OX1947
10-25-2011, 01:25 AM
I bet you that Warren Sapp is still all over the Raven's nuts, and will still call us old, slow, and done even if we beat the Ravens AND Patriots

That's because half the Ravens team are ex-Hurricanes. They all go to south beach every off season and suck each others (bleeps). With him and Michael Irvin being the honorary butt plugs...

tony hipchest
10-25-2011, 01:34 AM
:yep:

fattsapp was still licking their nuts even after a loss on NFLN, and him and irvin have disdain for any team who avoids touching THA U players with a 10 foot pole.

Buddha Bus
10-25-2011, 03:35 AM

Of course, I'm hoping we win both but this is just a hypothetical. Would you rather see the mighty Steelers annihilate Tom Brady after all of these years of being called inferior? Or would you stomach a loss to him if it means we get to kick the piss out of the always overrated Ravens?

Of the two, I think I'd have to say that beating the Ravens is more important to me. I know, we play them every year and usually beat them multiple times, but it's the worst when a team shuts you out in your division... especially when at least one of those losses was an absolute ass-kicking.

Again, I hope the Steelers win both games, but I'm just curious which game is more important to all of you.

No doubt it's the Ravens. Much more important game being a divisional rival and the Steelers needing to split to negate their win over them in the first game.

For more selfish reasons, I'm going to my first game ever in Pittsburgh against the Ravens and I live in Ratbird country so I don't want to hear them run their mouths again. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
10-25-2011, 04:09 AM
But.....we have Bruce Arians for an offensive coordinator, so our offense will sputter for 3 1/2 quarters, and then spring to life once we are down 39-0 again.
I'm pretty sure you mean we will light them up for a 1/2 quarter and then sputter the later 3-1/2. At least that's what we've seen so far. Bruce does very well with his scripted first drive, and then it all falls to pieces.

ggoldman
10-25-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm pretty sure you mean we will light them up for a 1/2 quarter and then sputter the later 3-1/2. At least that's what we've seen so far. Bruce does very well with his scripted first drive, and then it all falls to pieces.

Last week's pass offence was pretty good....now, if only the run game would work consistently

stlrtruck
10-25-2011, 06:22 AM
These next 2 weeks have just become UBER important!

btaylor179
10-25-2011, 06:35 AM
yea we are in first....5 wins compared to 4

FanSince72
10-25-2011, 07:03 AM
You DO realize though that since the lowly Jags held the Nevermore's to just 6 yards of total offense clear into the middle of the third quarter that WE are now obligated to do the same.

But that's a couple of weeks away so for now I'm just enjoying the fact that Flacco and Ray-Ray were owned and punked by a bottom feeder! :sofunny:

Rick5895
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM
There is a video clip on NFL.com with Suggs bitching that they didn't use Rice. Could this be the start of locker room problems for the Ratbirds ? :chuckle:

I can't wait for the next 2 weeks !!!

:tt04:

steelerforlife
10-25-2011, 07:23 AM
According to NFL.coms "If the season ended today" Pittsburgh is the #2 seed with a first round bye and the Ravens are OUT! :tt03:

DoctorCAD
10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
According to NFL.coms "If the season ended today" Pittsburgh is the #2 seed with a first round bye and the Ravens are OUT! :tt03:

Unfortunately, the season ISN'T over today. Heck, if Cleveland wins out and we don't, then they would be in and we would be sitting at home.

That's why they play the games.

BIGNASTY91
10-25-2011, 09:07 AM
There is a video clip on NFL.com with Suggs bitching that they didn't use Rice. Could this be the start of locker room problems for the Ratbirds ? :chuckle:

I can't wait for the next 2 weeks !!!

:tt04:

I saw that this morning! He wasnt at all happy with the coaching in this game! :thumbsup:

Steelerfreak58
10-25-2011, 09:15 AM
That Raven offense looked like Arians was running it!:sofunny:

BossAus
10-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I thought it was funny when Boldin was quoted after the game saying "They played like it was their Super Bowl". Because thats exactly how the Ravens approached week 1.

bobby jr
10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
The Steelers have some breathing room now. Even with a loss to New England, all the Steelers need to do is beat Baltimore, in Pittsburgh, take care of their weak second half schedule and the Steelers would win the division via common opponents (Baltimore lost to Tennessee, Pittsburgh beat Tennessee. Baltimore lost to Jacksonville, Pittsburgh beat Jacksonville.) The Steelers just need to beat Balty and go take the North. Huge victory for Pittsburgh tonight. It's now ours to take!

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Face it, it's unlikely the Steelers will beat Baltimore, considering how they were owned the first time the teams met. The Ravens retooled and built their team to beat the Steelers. Maybe the retooling made it more likely to lose to poor teams like Jacksonville and TN, but the way the Ravens dominated the Steelers on 09/11, it is quite possible that they will blow the Steelers out again in Heinz Field.

Even if the Ravens lost to the Steelers, there are a lot of divisional games left .. It is absurd to postulate that the Steelers would win the tiebreaker, this early in the season, with all these divisional opponents and common opponent games unplayed.

Sixburgher
10-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Maybe the retooling made it more likely to lose to poor teams like Jacksonville and TN, but the way the Ravens dominated the Steelers on 09/11, it is quite possible that they will blow the Steelers out again in Heinz Field.

Yeah, they looked like real "road warriors" last night, didn't they? No first downs on offense until the 3rd quarter? Dominant shit there. Flacco truly looked like a Hall of Famer. Awesome pick to lose the game!

Congratulations to them on winning their "Super Bowl" in week one. Someone should have told them it's a sixteen game season. :coffee:

Fire Arians
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Face it, it's unlikely the Steelers will beat Baltimore, considering how they were owned the first time the teams met. The Ravens retooled and built their team to beat the Steelers. Maybe the retooling made it more likely to lose to poor teams like Jacksonville and TN, but the way the Ravens dominated the Steelers on 09/11, it is quite possible that they will blow the Steelers out again in Heinz Field.

Even if the Ravens lost to the Steelers, there are a lot of divisional games left .. It is absurd to postulate that the Steelers would win the tiebreaker, this early in the season, with all these divisional opponents and common opponent games unplayed.

:blah:

stlrtruck
10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
:doh:

You mean like ratbird trolls were doing back in week 1?

You would have thunk that the ratbirds had actually one something more important than the opening day game!

steelfury02
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Typical Rat fan response - until you beat us when it counts whether be for the division or to advance in playoffs please just stop flapping your gums - all you Ravens fans do year in and year out is win 1 huge game and think it is all laid out in front of you.

If you beat us in the rematch I'll give you and the Rats credit - because than you truly deserve a home playoff game but my god - it is equally absurd to assume because you beat us ONCE at the beginning of the season that you'll do the same again

If our team had that attitude we would have never won XL and XLIII. You have to get over a hump. I.E. - we beat up NE and Brady pretty good in 04' and they came in playoffs and wiped the floor with us..

Your team hasn't done jack - just accept the idea that while you beat us in week 1 - you've since lost to two teams we have beaten and that makes you pretty uncomfortable right now

LVSteelersfan
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
The heck with that nonsense. We need both games. Period. If we lose to the Patriots that will put the Ravens back in the driver's seat as far as I am concerned. The Ravens beat us again and are two games up on us. They must beat the Patriots. Period. Get that monkey off their back.

StainlessStill
10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
The heck with that nonsense. We need both games. Period. If we lose to the Patriots that will put the Ravens back in the driver's seat as far as I am concerned. The Ravens beat us again and are two games up on us. They must beat the Patriots. Period. Get that monkey off their back.

I don't see it that way. We can actually afford to lose to New England. This weekend could have the playoff seeding on the line (possibly the 1st seed.) With that said, even if we DO lose to New England, that will put us at 5-3. Say Baltimore beats Arizona, that puts them at 5-2.

We'd be one game back. All we have to do from there on, would be to beat Baltimore in Heinz Field, pitting both teams at 6-3. Then go on to beat Cleveland twice, Cincinnati twice, St. Louis, Kansas City and San Francisco, which isn't TOO daunting of a task. Say Balty wins out (even they have San Fran & San Diego left on their schedule) and we both finish even. We'd own the tiebreaker with common opponents and win the North.

If anything, it's BEAT BALTIMORE.

steelfury02
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
after the whooping Baltimore put on us I thought they looked far and away the better team this year

BUT

That was wk 1 - and back then none of us thought they would have had such huge letdowns v. Titans and Jags, who we BEAT

At the same time - one could argue the quality of opponents that we beat as an indication that we haven't proved squat yet

YET - those two wins they didn't get could bite them badly in the end

SO - who the eff knows - let's protect Heinz with two great victories, stay focused against Cincy and get ready for the final stretch against some teams that will be harder than we thought and or are bouncing back. However - don't be surprised if this little run by SF will level off by then, KCs little uprising isn't squashed again and basically who the heck knows . . .get the division, get in the playoffs, play at home and we have a shot at #7

stb_steeler
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM

You always want to win against a divisional opponent, especially when their 2 teams that play close in the running. How ever if the Steelers were 2-3 games ahead at the end of season its a no brainer, i would love to see em beat Patriots.

stb_steeler
10-25-2011, 03:18 PM

AMAZING........U can still see the light but its not on! I never heard of a team retooling just to beat the other or the retooling makes it likely to lose to poor teams. Dude get the f u c k outta here with your playschool shananigans........:doh: