PDA

View Full Version : Not A Good Time But.....

hardwork
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm aware that this isn't a good time to criticize Ben for riding a motorcycle without a helmet. His health is what counts, and his health period, not his football health.

However, let this be a lesson in what being a leader is all about. You can't led a team from a hospital bed, or while recovering on the sidelines. We all can understand a 24 year old's desire for freedom. There's nothing quite like the feeling you get from riding a motorcycle. But, Ben, take the proper precautions, and ride, at least in traffic, with a helmet.

I wish him well, and hope the league continues to struggle with his presence on the field wearing the black and gold of the SB Champion Steelers.

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I have been busy the last few days, and haven't been able to chime in, but I absolutely hold him accountable for his own actions. Stupid to ride around without a helmet, and he's lucky he's probably going to be okay.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
he can count his blessings that he doesnt have a broken neck. hopefully he retires the biking, and if his lesson prevents a few others deaths, eventually it can be looked at as a good thing. if his career were wiped out due todays accidents, i think it wouldve been one of the biggest wastes ive ever seen in sports.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I have been busy the last few days, and haven't been able to chime in, but I absolutely hold him accountable for his own actions. Stupid to ride around without a helmet, and he's lucky he's probably going to be okay.

Totally agree Suit.

But Ben shouldn't have been on the bike period.:dang:

3 to be 4
06-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I totally blame Santonio Holmes and his cancerous influence on the team

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM

Irony can be a volatile substance - if misunderstood.

NM

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM

I agree...he basically destroyed the chemistry of the Buckeye's while he was there. Look at their horrible record of 29-6 while he was there.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
It doesn't matter what we say or think. Ultimately Ben will have to figure out for himself what his priorities are and the sacrifices he is going to have to make to fulfill those priorities and goals and dreams. God Speed Ben :helmet:

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 08:25 PM
He's lucky to be alive in some cases.

hardwork
06-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Ultimately Ben will have to figure out for himself what his priorities are and the sacrifices he is going to have to make to fulfill those priorities and goals and dreams. :helmet:

Ultimately that's true, but he's not in this alone. How would our wives, or children, feel if we were going around on a motorcycle without a helmet? What would that say about my concern for my wife, or our marriage, if I did it?

If you're going to be a leader, or an important cog in the wheel, you can not be selfish.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Ultimately that's true, but he's not in this alone. How would our wives, or children, feel if we were going around on a motorcycle without a helmet? What would that say about my concern for my wife, or our marriage, if I did it?

If you're going to be a leader, or an important cog in the wheel, you can not be selfish.
You are absolutely right and its going to make us see what he is really made of.

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Two times in one day, I agree. When I first heard this news, my first reaction after hearing that he didn't kill himself, was that he suffers from "young-dumbassed-twenty-something syndrome". You think you are invincible, and it's the lucky guy that realizes his own mortality by the busted up knee or broken nose. Some guys don't fare so well...

hardwork
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Two times in one day, I agree. When I first heard this news, my first reaction after hearing that he didn't kill himself, was that he suffers from "young-dumbassed-twenty-something syndrome". You think you are invincible, and it's the lucky guy that realizes his own mortality by the busted up knee or broken nose. Some guys don't fare so well...

It's amazing any of us survive that period in our lives. I lost a good friend to a motorcycle accident. He was killed riding his bike in the Smoky Mountains. Hit and run. They found him and his bike dragged off the road and into the woods. This was after he survived two tours in Vietnam, and he was a member of the Golden Knights( the Army's skydiving team ).

SteelShooter
06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I agree...he basically destroyed the chemistry of the Buckeye's while he was there. Look at their horrible record of 29-6 while he was there.

LOL.............Thanks Bro. It's nice to hear something funny on this Dark day.

I really needed it. :tap:

Mike

3 to be 4
06-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I hear Holmes went to visit Ben at the hospital, but on his way from the parking lot to the main entrance he was arrested again.

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I hear Holmes went to visit Ben at the hospital, but on his way from the parking lot to the main entrance he was arrested again.

:sofunny: thats just wrong. we all know hes still waiting to graduate :rolleyes:, or whatever it is the colleges make them wait to do.

3 to be 4
06-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Once he got in, he got arrested for standing at the elevator. He tried to talk his way out of it by coming up with this lame story about waitng for the door to open.

tony hipchest
06-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Once he got in, he got arrested for standing at the elevator. He tried to talk his way out of it by coming up with this lame story about waitng for the door to open.see. he shoulda taken the stairs. its a "back of the bus" type thing.

3 to be 4
06-13-2006, 12:24 AM
see. he shoulda taken the stairs. its a "back of the bus" type thing.

oh, for once can we leave Jerome Bettis' ass out of this?!?

CAH
06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Now is certainly a good time to criticize Ben. He acted like an immature punk and I'm sure he knows it now.

After saying that---Get well, Ben and we'll see you when the season begins.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Now is certainly a good time to criticize Ben. He acted like an immature punk and I'm sure he knows it now.

After saying that---Get well, Ben and we'll see you when the season begins.

I was hard on Ben yesterday and still hard on him. Thats only cause I care about him. Hearing about his accident was like hearing if one my little brothers had been in a accident. But I wouldn't call him a punk. I think he made a selfish act by doing this. Not thinking about his employer that invested millions in him and his teammates.

But the main thing is Ben is ok. Lets just put this behind us. I'm sure we will hear plenty about this from the media until the end of time. But thats the media. Ben is a tough kid and he will be the same old Ben. I just hope his bike riding days are done for good.