PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Maddox - Vulture

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 07:29 PM
NFL Network just reported that after Maddox's agent heard about Ben's injury he called the Steelers to talk about Maddox's availaibility for the right price - what a ghoul!

Koopa
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
smh, f'k that, i'd rather have kordell back then see maddox play for us again

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Dammit!

I just knew Maddox had some evil part to play in this saga.

Someone needs to go turn his yard upside down for real this time.

NM

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah Maddox needs to show some respect to a former teammate.

Mosca
06-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Maddox needs to take care of his family. I applaud his agent's looking out for his career (what's left of it). In the real world, that's what people do.

Tom

70c10
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Maddox needs to take care of his family. I applaud his agent's looking out for his career (what's left of it).

Tom

Mosca is the only one with a sensible post!. At least Maddox knows the system.:dang:

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Maddox's days in the burgh are OVER and he needs to get use to that fact

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Dammit!

I just knew Maddox had some evil part to play in this saga.

Someone needs to go turn his yard upside down for real this time.

NM

STFU...if it was some newbie posting this I could see you chiming in with your typical hubris and condescension, but Dan is a respected and well regarded poster around here, and this is a particularly sensitive subject.

WWIIOwheelz
06-12-2006, 08:11 PM
He was very helpful and supportive of Ben in his first year and this one past. Plus, he knows the system. Nice of him to make it clear to the organization he'd be willing to come back.

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I just don't believe this story.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I just don't believe this story.

I am with you I really dont think Tommy would stoop this low...

can we get a link to the story please

Haiku_Dirtt
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
NFL Network just reported that after Maddox's agent heard about Ben's injury he called the Steelers to talk about Maddox's availaibility for the right price - what a ghoul!

At first I thought it was an untimely joke but then I realized you were serious.

I'd prefer to go back to thinking you were joking. It's a little windy here.

DIESELMAN
06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
For all we know Maddox doesn't know his agent called the Steelers.

Suitanim
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
For all we know Maddox doesn't know his agent called the Steelers.

Maybe...but given what we all know now, let's not let this become one of those "Fool me twice" moments...

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I am with you I really dont think Tommy would stoop this low...

can we get a link to the story please

It was on the NFL Network Total Access broadcast during the segment between 7 and 8 pm EST. I do not recall the reporter but I believe it was Adam Schefter, the lead correspondent for NFL Network. Because this is the official NFL cable TV outlet I doubt he would make this up and, since I am confident his source was someone in the Steelers organization, I do not believe this was leaked to enhance Maddox's image.

With regard to the observations that taking offense about this is naive, anyone familiar with my posts is aware I take a fairly cold blooded view about the business nature of the NFL. However, since it was not as if Maddox's agent was going to lock up a signing deal this afternoon and is not fighting off competing offers for Maddox's services, it seems reasonable to me that anyone with any decency would not make the call to the Steelers until Ben's condition became more certain as a matter of common decency. This action by Maddox's agent is the equivalent of an attorney passing out business cards while the victim is being put in the ambulance.

Hawk Believer
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
It just doesn't seem to make sense for an agent to contact the organization that quickly this time of the year. If it was in the middle of the season, then yeah, make the call right away. But who in their right mind thinks that the Steelers organization is going to make an immediate decision about backups and replacements when this happening in June and the doctors probably don't know his progonsis yet? Doesn't seem like the agent would be doing his client any favors by calling that quickly if its true.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2006, 09:04 PM
You line up every QB available at this point in time.......Collins......Fiedler.....Maddox........ ..I'll take Charlie any day of the week.

Ambridge
06-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I heard the Tommy Maddox report on The NFL Network as well.

They did say that Maddox has tried out for a few teams this off season and doesn't want to give up on the NFL just yet.

I agree the timing of the call was in bad taste but in reality if Ben should have to miss some time the Steelers are going to have to scramble around to find the best veteran QB that still out there.
I think Kerry Collins is still available and I'd take him over Tommy in a second.

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
STFU...if it was some newbie posting this I could see you chiming in with your typical hubris and condescension, but Dan is a respected and well regarded poster around here, and this is a particularly sensitive subject.

You really think I care what your opinions are...on anything?

All these posts you aim at me are wasted, especially the ones that begin as eloquently as STFU...I mean really......

I cant believe hounding me from post to post is still getting you off.

I cant help but think you should volunteer your talents to a local hospital - your posts have much the same effect as a market leading anaesthtic.

Oh, and dont get too excited , I wont let this turn into the rambling back'n'forths that you so richly enjoy - this is just a short sharp reminder of where you fit in the grand scheme of my life.

NM

SteelerzGirl
06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
This action by Maddox's agent is the equivalent of an attorney passing out business cards while the victim is being put in the ambulance.

When I first saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was that Tommy Maddox and his agent were ambulance chasers. If it's true, it's premature, disgusting, and pathetic, in my opinion, since we still don't know Ben's prognosis. :pity:

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Maddox needs to take care of his family. I applaud his agent's looking out for his career (what's left of it). In the real world, that's what people do.

Tom
Why don't you and LITP both crawl back under the rocks that you came out of ... The BS that you 2 have posted at this time amaze me ! Show some respect to an injured MAN. THere is plenty of time for your petty negative inane comments later but I think you will find the majority of people on this board agree with Suit... STFU!!!

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Why don't you and LITP both crawl back under the rocks that you came out of ... The BS that you 2 have posted at this time amaze me ! Show some respect to an injured MAN. THere is plenty of time for your petty negative inane comments later but I think you will find the majority of people on this board agree with Suit... STFU!!!

I have already expressed my sympathy for Ben R. and wish him a speedy recovery - like everyone else has.

I thought that the idea of Maddox being some kind of vulture as utterly ridiculous, we dont even have the true facts on Bens injury let alone what agents of other quarterbacks are doing.

I could care less who agrees with what on here - I post what I think and wont be told by you or any other regular poster not to.

People who scream STFU are lacking in basic social skills, maybe you ought to take the time to learn some manners.

NM

Steelersfan4life0655
06-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Maddox can stay out of burg!!! I think we have enough qb's in the depth chart to take care of the job when ben's out.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 09:59 PM
i take what atlanta dan posts as gold. no links needed.

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I have already expressed my sympathy for Ben R. and wish him a speedy recovery - like everyone else has.

I thought that the idea of Maddox being some kind of vulture as utterly ridiculous, we dont even have the true facts on Bens injury let alone what agents of other quarterbacks are doing.

I could care less who agrees with what on here - I post what I think and wont be told by you or any other regular poster not to.

People who scream STFU are lacking in basic social skills, maybe you ought to take the time to learn some manners.

NM

Maddox's agent called the Steelers before sundown after the accident occurred - it is not as if the Steelers need a QB to suit up this coming Sunday

From the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Vulture - a rapacious or predatory person

I stand by my post

Livinginthe past
06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Maddox's agent called the Steelers before sundown after the accident occurred - it is not as if the Steelers need a QB to suit up this coming Sunday

I stand by my post

Thats fine Dan, im not going to dispute the fact there has been contact between the agent and the Steelers - but can you claim to know the whole story already?

Neither of us are the one's telling people to STFU - I have no real problem with what you posted or your right to post it - its exactly the same right that allows me to post aswell.

NM

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
[
Neither of us are the one's telling people to STFU - I have no real problem with what you posted or your right to post it - its exactly the same right that allows me to post aswell.

NM[/QUOTE]

I don't deny your right to post but you could try to show a little class in what you post. You can try to be as eloquent as you want also but sometimes a simple ,STFU, expresses one's opinion that it does not need to be dressed up anymore.

SteelShooter
06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
When I first saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was that Tommy Maddox and his agent were ambulance chasers. If it's true, it's premature, disgusting, and pathetic, in my opinion, since we still don't know Ben's prognosis. :pity:

It just doesn't seem to make sense for an agent to contact the organization that quickly this time of the year. If it was in the middle of the season, then yeah, make the call right away. But who in their right mind thinks that the Steelers organization is going to make an immediate decision about backups and replacements when this happening in June and the doctors probably don't know his progonsis yet? Doesn't seem like the agent would be doing his client any favors by calling that quickly if its true.

I agree whole-heartedly with both of you.

If it is, in fact, true.............it's sick!

I'm looking at footage of his bike right now on NFL Network.....daaaaamn! Ok, Adam Schefter is on, let's see what he has to say..................Charlie Batch is first choice, naturally. He mentions Omar also. OMG! It's True! He worked out for the Dolphins, Raiders, Texans, and Saints, he wants back into the NFL badly. But to have your representative call shortly after the accident? They specifically stated that the call was placed "Monday Morning."

And HB was correct, IMHO, in stating that his agent/representative was definitely not doing him any favors calling this early.

It's all a sad situation. I only wish Ben the best.....and the Team as well.

Man, they just said that Ben spent 7 hours in surgery and is currently in Recovery. This is horrible, I really hope he is fine. More on TV right now from the Doctors/Surgical Team: Standby -
-7 hrs
- brain seems to be fine
- emerged from surgery @ approximately 9pm East Coast
- no expected changes this evening (still listed as "Serious but Stable").
- next medical update tomorrow.

I really do not know what else to say.............................my best to him and his family.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
im a little put off by maddox not attending the trip to the white house or the ring ceremony. i remember teammates standing firmly behind him when he took the starters job from kordell. (hines ward, alan faneca)

i think he has burnt bridges despite his (or his agent) offering services in this time of need.

ben has a hard head. he should recover fine but, if needed, and if batch cant get it done, i am anxious to see if omar jacobs can step in and do half of what ben did in his rookie year. forget maddox.

SteelShooter
06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm with ya Tony...........I'm confident in Charlie!

I'm also confident that Ben will recover fully.

Mosca
06-12-2006, 11:35 PM

Eat shit and die. I don't tell you what to post, do I? Or is this some sort of "Don't say anything that I disagree with" love fest? Be realistic. Use your mind to support more than one thought and one emotion at a time. In your world Maddox would offer to fill in for free. In the real world the Steelers need someone RIGHT NOW to at least take snaps in camp while Ben heals. Maddox knows the team and the plays and the system. Half the offense will be hard pressed to be at speed by the end of August by working with Rutherford and Jacobs.

I guarantee you the coaching staff isn't sitting around wringing their hands and moaning like you are, nancyboy. They're thinking about how to fill the huge gaping hole that just got created, and leaving Ben's health to the medical professionals. So excuse me if I don't seem concerned enough over the internet for you.

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 11:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

stelpit
06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm confident in Charlie!
i dont know about that tommy did it once he can do it agin

Big7Ben
06-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Tommy back, isn't bad. I pray that'd he play better.. or else i'm fearing for him and his children. I was hoping Charlie would play ..
Why are they making agreements?
THEY JUST SAID ON THE TV:
that there is a possibility Ben will be back without wasting games!

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Tommy back, isn't bad. I pray that'd he play better.. or else i'm fearing for him and his children. I was hoping Charlie would play ..
Why are they making agreements?
THEY JUST SAID ON THE TV:
that there is a possibility Ben will be back without wasting games!

I hope that is true however lets just take it 1 day at a time, there is alot of healing needing done

Steel Pit
06-13-2006, 06:59 AM
I wouldn't pay a dollar to have that B I T C H A S S-fairybuilt, sissy on my team. Go straight to H E L L Tommy girl.

Prosdo
06-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Sorry I don't want Tommy back. After that press conference where he couldn't just say look I played bad. No he had to blame it on the wind and everything else lol. He had like 3 interceptions and 1 fumble and had the nerve to say I thought I played well.

Suitanim
06-13-2006, 08:15 AM

I stand by my post

Hear Hear!

ARKIESTEEL
06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
This is all BS Ben will be throwing touchdowns in game one. Tommy will be enjoying his time away from the NFL Batch will be holding the clip board like he always does. I cant see this any other way that clock up there says 85 days that is a long time to get better.

We dont need to fall on each other like wild dogs this is when we need to stick together as the Steeler Nation and say we will be ok

section514
06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
anyone want to buy a Tommy Maddox Jersey, Size L....$0.50 or best offer

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
anyone want to buy a Tommy Maddox Jersey, Size L....$0.50 or best offer

um NO

section514
06-13-2006, 10:32 AM
um NO

The damn goodwill wouldn't even take it

mymaveric
06-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Granted, I can understand the side of wanting to take care of your family and jumping on a potential opportunity. But there's a time and place for such things. I'm sure that searching for another qb had been a passing thought at most, and that the offer would have been much more appreciated today or tomorrow. I have no problem with Maddox letting the Steelers know he's available (not that it wasn't obvious), but at least wait until Roethlisberger's been out of surgery for a day or so for pete's sake.

Ohio Steeler
06-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Granted, I can understand the side of wanting to take care of your family and jumping on a potential opportunity. But there's a time and place for such things. I'm sure that searching for another qb had been a passing thought at most, and that the offer would have been much more appreciated today or tomorrow. I have no problem with Maddox letting the Steelers know he's available (not that it wasn't obvious), but at least wait until Roethlisberger's been out of surgery for a day or so for pete's sake.

I could not have said that better..

Dook
06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Half way through last season Maddox became our #3 and Batch became our #2 so why would that change now? Even if he did come back, which isn't going to happen, he'll be #2 at best.

I'm optimistic that Ben will be back by game #1 and if not Charlie can hold down the fort until Ben does come back.

I don't see us going far if Ben is out all season though.

Then maybe we trade next years #1 and Omar Jacobs to Atlanta for Matt Schaub?

DIESELMAN
06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
ESPNews reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head, knees) does not appear to have severely injured his knees as previously thought. Roethlisberger, who underwent seven hours of surgery Monday, June 12, had the majority of the surgical procedures done to repair damage to his face and skull. According to doctors, his brain, chest and abdomen all escaped serious injury as well.

Theres about 2-1/2 months left for Big Ben to recuperate. Yes he will probably miss a big portion of training camp but with his age and already knowing the system he'll be fine. If worse comes to worse and he might miss the start of the season I have all the confidence in the world that Batch will fill in fine. As far as Maddox goes he had his chance here and took it upon himself to **** it up and basically got run out of town.