PDA

View Full Version : NFL fans of other teams.....thanks.

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
i am amazed of the number of fans who have signed up just to lend support and give good wishes to ben. i remember when derrick thomas was in his accident. while not a cheifs fan, i really appreciated watching him play, and how sick i felt a few weeks later when he passed.

those who havent been around in a while or who have just joined for 1 post of condolences are awesome. i may even think twice about clowning the browns the next time one of their young stars screws up and almost ruins a career.

good luck to your teams and may big ben be back and healthy to terrorize them.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I'd like to also say a thank you to each of the fans from every team. Everyone of us that are steelers fans here at SteelersFever I am sure appreciate what you have been doing expressing your condolences. I know I am. As TH Said May Big Ben Be Back And Healthy and terrorize your team. I wonder if he can get comeback player of the year because of this.

Ohio Steeler
06-12-2006, 09:05 PM
yep thanks you to all who have come here from other teams and are showing your support for Big Ben, we thank you

MattsMe
06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
i am amazed of the number of fans who have signed up just to lend support and give good wishes to ben. i remember when derrick thomas was in his accident. while not a cheifs fan, i really appreciated watching him play, and how sick i felt a few weeks later when he passed.

those who havent been around in a while or who have just joined for 1 post of condolences are awesome. i may even think twice about clowning the browns the next time one of their young stars screws up and almost ruins a career.

:iagree: Thanks everyone.

possessed
06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I remember as well how tragic it was the day Derrik Thomas died. I'm a Raider fan since birth, but it's all put aside at times like that. Thomas is an all-time great, I respected him very much and fet the loss as much as anyone else.

Same with Ben of course. He's a fantastic kid and a fantastic ballplayer. I'm happy he's alive and seems to be doing well.

SteelShooter
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM

:iagree: I completely agree.....thanks for putting the "Thanks" up there for us all Tony.

And my own THANK YOU to all the Non-Steeler fans that are signing on for this.

Stillers#1
06-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks to everyone, I would have posted more today, but I have been on the phone all day with my Dad talking about this. This even led the news here in Spokane tonite.

06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
You guys are very welcome....I signed on just to give my condolences but....there are some cool peeps here and this is a really good board so I will probably come thru from time to time to see what's up.......Good luck guys and our prayers are with Big Ben and his fam....we wish him a speedy recovery....see ya week 1......GO FINS!!!!!

tony hipchest
06-12-2006, 09:55 PM
this is a great board and phins fans are welcome. as are all others. of course we are a bit more hospitable with ben undergoing 7 hours of surgery rather than a day before a big game but you understand. football is football and life is life. keep representing those # 7's

possessed
06-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks to everyone, I would have posted more today, but I have been on the phone all day with my Dad talking about this. This even led the news here in Spokane tonite.
I noticed. I'm in Post Falls, ID I heard it on 700 am the ticket.

Prosdo
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I was also amazed by the number of fans from different teams. We had fans from about 10 different teams come on and say how sorry they were and give well wishes. It was truly amazing. Thank you to all those fans. While the day was horrible because Ben was injuried seeing all those fans from other teams was definitely a very big bright spot. So thanks to all of you!!!

steelerfan12
06-12-2006, 10:34 PM
yes thanks other teams fans for showing the support for big ben! we appreciate it and keep up the good work!

Suitanim
06-13-2006, 07:18 AM
I heard a Browns fan on a syndicated Morning Talk show that shall remain nameless express his desire that Ben would have died fron his injuries. I suspect it was all bluster and done for ratings, but, still, how tactless...

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2006, 07:41 AM
I heard a Browns fan on a syndicated Morning Talk show that shall remain nameless express his desire that Ben would have died fron his injuries. I suspect it was all bluster and done for ratings, but, still, how tactless...

Suit, was the idiot "pounded by James Harrison Man?"

ARKIESTEEL
06-13-2006, 07:44 AM
To all you folks that came here to share in our saddness thanks

Skinsfan28
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
It's more than sharing your sadness, I am pretty bummed out by this whole thing.
I am a Redskin fan first but always root for the Steelers in the AFC, and like many here I hate the Ravens.
Also, your fans are always welcome at my tailgate at Fed Ex , unlike may other teams fans that come to games.
You have some of the smartest fans and the smack is always on the light side and entertaining.
Wishing Big Ben the best recovery.

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM

I heard on WDVE coming into work this morning that someone had stated that no "mere mortal" could have made it through the accident the way the Divine Big Ben has. :smile:

A special thanks to all the great fans of all the other teams who expressed their best wishes for Ben in such kind words.

endorPHINS72
06-13-2006, 05:44 PM

Ben is a good guy and you hate to see guys get hurt. Thank God it wasn't as bad as the first news that came out saying both knees were shot and his head injury was worse than it was.

I look forward to the season opener and hopefully we can have both Ben and Daunte starting for our teams. Best of luck.

Brady12
06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
We may all trash talk your Steelers at some point, but in the end, when a player's life is on the line, no matter what the situation was, we support him. I thank you are your acknowledge's to us "other" fans, and thank you to you Steeler fans again for welcoming us here, despite our differences on the field :D