PDA

View Full Version : Interview with former Steeler, Leon Searcy

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey Steelers fans,

I have never been here before, but I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Max Strauss. I'm a high school senior, eighteen years old, and I work really hard to interview past and current NFL players. I actually just hit a huge milestone and put up my 100th interview!! It's totally awesome, and it's with former Steelers' first round pick, and offensive lineman, Leon Searcy!

Here is the link, http://prointerviews.org/LeonSearcy (http://prointerviews.org/LeonSearcy)

In the interview, he told me... " I absolutely loved being a Pittsburgh Steeler. Everything about it. The whole mentality, the whole framework behind just going to work, getting the job done. The city of Pittsburgh has this persona, that is exemplified what type of city it was. It’s the Steel Mills, the hard hat, the lunchpail, it was all about going to work. That was the one thing I loved about being a Pittsburgh Steeler. It was just about work. It was just about getting it done. "

He also told me about what Bill Cowher was like back in the day... In addition, he shared an awesome story about Rod Woodson. He also reflected upon the Steelers' organization as a whole. Well, thank you for letting me share! I really hope you check it out and leave your thoughts!! :helmet:

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey Steelers fans,

I have never been here before, but I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Max Strauss. I'm a high school senior, eighteen years old, and I work really hard to interview past and current NFL players. I actually just hit a huge milestone and put up my 100th interview!! It's totally awesome, and it's with former Steelers' first round pick, and offensive lineman, Leon Searcy!

Here is the link, http://prointerviews.org/LeonSearcy (http://prointerviews.org/LeonSearcy)

In the interview, he told me... " I absolutely loved being a Pittsburgh Steeler. Everything about it. The whole mentality, the whole framework behind just going to work, getting the job done. The city of Pittsburgh has this persona, that is exemplified what type of city it was. Itís the Steel Mills, the hard hat, the lunchpail, it was all about going to work. That was the one thing I loved about being a Pittsburgh Steeler. It was just about work. It was just about getting it done. "

He also told me about what Bill Cowher was like back in the day... In addition, he shared an awesome story about Rod Woodson. He also reflected upon the Steelers' organization as a whole. Well, thank you for letting me share! I really hope you check it out and leave your thoughts!! :helmet:

Very cool! I'll check out the link. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the board! :drink:

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Thank you for the welcome and the feedback. :tt04: :tt:

mizzouristeeler
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Good interview. please post any others you have. By the way, I hate powdered donuts.

BKAnthem
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
good interview, from an era when there was actual care put into our OLine...

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
LOL on the OL comment...
and, I will definitely post the other interviews I have done.
Let me just reply as much feedback as I get here first.
Don't want to throw too much out there in terms of links and all.

austinfrench76
10-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Nice work buddy. Good interview. I actually hated that he left!!

fer522
10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
can he still play:chuckle:

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah, he hated that he left too. I found that pretty interesting that he wouldn't do that again. Plus the other stuff, and being the ORIGINAL Dez Bryant LOL! Let it be the cowboys who wanted him also too hahaha

Sixburgher
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
good interview, from an era when there was actual care put into our OLine...

....and when we routinely fell short of the Super Bowl....

Bayz101
10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
can he still play:chuckle:

Well our current O-Line can't play, and at one time he could play. I'm assuming it'd be a plus either way :rofl:

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
REALLY?! LOL!

tony hipchest
10-27-2011, 07:15 PM
that was an awesome interview. he really opened up. how were you able to get so much time from him?

MaxStrauss
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks man! I asked him nicely and talked with him some before I brought up doing an interview for my site. He really did. The audio is great also hearing him just open up in the interview too! http://prointerviews.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/100-interview-with-leon-searcy.mp3 :tt: :tt04: :tt02:

steeltheone
10-27-2011, 11:33 PM
....and when we routinely fell short of the Super Bowl....

The point should be, that with that good line and an average QB, we still almost got to the SB,

Put those average QB's on todays team and see where we go?

Sixburgher
10-28-2011, 01:57 AM
The point should be, that with that good line and an average QB, we still almost got to the SB,

Put those average QB's on todays team and see where we go?

Funny, because all I've heard for years (not to mention reading the same numerous times right here) is that Roethlisberger has been little more than a "glorified game manager" who has ridden his running game and defense to championships, so I'd imagine it would be pretty much the same(?)

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 03:16 AM
I think the thought of Roethlisberger being a glorified anything is hysterical. Ben has won two super bowls and gathered numerous awards and surpassed many milestones. All this, and Tebow is getting more hype now than he ever has, from anybody.

Sixburgher
10-28-2011, 03:19 AM
I think the thought of Roethlisberger being a glorified anything is hysterical. Ben has won two super bowls and gathered numerous awards and surpassed many milestones.

While I agree, there are a number of people right here who are still of the opinion that he's massively overrated (take a bow, cloppbeast).

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 03:24 AM
While I agree, there are a number of people right here who are still of the opinion that he's massively overrated (take a bow, cloppbeast).

That think Ben is? I remember even our Two Super Bowl winning seasons provided almost no recognition for any of our players? Brady wins a bowl and becomes the reincarnation Jesus Christ himself, LOL.

MaxStrauss
10-28-2011, 07:24 AM
That think Ben is? I remember even our Two Super Bowl winning seasons provided almost no recognition for any of our players? Brady wins a bowl and becomes the reincarnation Jesus Christ himself, LOL.

Interesting argument going on here. I do think Big Ben was a great game manager with his running game and defense early in his career, but now it seems the Steelers have changed their identity especially with those deep throws to Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders, they're becoming more of a pass-first team which in turn showcases Big Ben's ability. He should be more glorified. Big Ben is a probably the number 5 QB in the NFL today, because of his winning record in the postseason which is the most important thing for a QB. He also is looking great in this vertical attack offense!