PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Patriots...You guys ready??

Polamalu43Defense!
10-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I was studying for my online psyche exam (aka watching old Steelers highlights on youtube) and found this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb64e3gJkiw

I know it's forever ago, but if my memory does me justice, (which coincidentally is what my psyche chapter is about!) we beat dem' PatCheats around Halloween in 04'. Coincidence?? Maybe. Let's just say I'm more pumped for this game this Sunday than any other year we had to play Brady and the bunch in the years past. (Excluding 08' of course when we beat Cassle)

Why you ask? Because this Sunday is about a statement. A statement for this years outcome. Not only a statement, but also some payback as how the Patriots mopped the floor with us on national television last season and got away with it by not meeting us back in the playoffs later. I truly believe Roethlisberger can beat Brady. I mean, he did it with 5 games in as a starter for Gods sake, and that's what this video has to remind us right now!! Idk...probably just random ramblings. What do you guys all think? Thoughts??? :helmet:

FanSince72
10-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I think we have a great chance to beat the Patsies!

The offense is starting to jell (finally) but more importantly we're able to "fix" ourselves when things go sideways.
Two weeks ago we almost let Jax slip by but we managed to hold it together. But last week against Arizona, we started to let them back in in the 3rd quarter but we righted the ship and took care of business and THAT'S what's encouraging.

I think that Arians/Tomlin have figured out that rather than trying to base a game plan on who should be ready to play offensively, they're realizing that they have to plan for who's actually healthy and I think they're making subtle adjustments to allow for that instead of saying, "Here, run this play." regardless of whether or not the bodies on the field can actually pull it off.

Maybe I'm just reading into things too much but I like to think I'm not and that we really are adjusting and compensating more effectively.

Also, in the last few games I've noticed that it isn't just Wallace and Miller as the designated receivers and that Sanders, Brown, Hines and even the backs are all part of the passing game.

Then there's Ben getting rid of the ball more quickly. I think that maybe he and even Arians may have been reluctant to do that because they both didn't want to become a "dink and dunk" offense but the quick release has actually had the opposite effect - that guys like Wallace and Brown are open more often and for longer distances.

I think this whole season has been both a learning experience as well as an eye-opener and I think that we're starting to look as if everyone is on the same page.

I hope we keep it up!

tony hipchest
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
im lovin the positive vibes! :tt02:

fans have been bemoaning this game here since the season began.

Steeler4life1972
10-27-2011, 08:09 PM
im lovin the positive vibes! :tt02:

fans have been bemoaning this game here since the season began.im gonna go 31-30 steelers but that could be visa versa.

Yehoodi
10-27-2011, 08:18 PM
it should be a great game . . . an yes a great statement game for the Steelers, would give them the tiebreaker against the Pats and put them in a tie with the Ravens atop the division with a home game against the Ravens coming up . . .

And yes you guys did beat us on Halloween 2004 :mad: . . .hopefully the Pats will be able to pull out a win . . . it gonna be a great game . . . with Indy down, and SD maybe not threatening, jets on their heels (and we'll see about teh bills), Sundays game will very likely be a important factor in the seeding if both of our teams have the good fortune to make the playoffs . . .

Good Luck . . .

Fire Arians
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM
looking forward to it. this game should tell the world what the steelers are made of. a team that is 5-2 because of a soft scheule? or a contender.

ricardisimo
10-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm seeing the Pats score first, perhaps twice, and Ben deciding early in the 2nd that he's taking over the play calling, with healthy doses of no-huddle throughout the rest of the game. We win in the end, 31-24.

MACH1
10-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm seeing the Pats score first, perhaps twice, and Ben deciding early in the 2nd that he's taking over the play calling, with healthy doses of no-huddle throughout the rest of the game. We win in the end, 31-24.

So what your saying is arians sucks. :wink02:

Thats the biggest worry for me. Arians and his predicable/telegraphing plays. It'll be like the cheats* know what they're doing before they do.

Been there done that.

tanda10506
10-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I think the Ravens game is more of a judgement of weather or not we are a contender, we traditionally lose to the pats and I won't worry too much about it unless we lose to the Ravens too. That being said, I think we will win this one! This is the best the DB's have played in a while and we are getting pressure again. Dallas held them to 17, we are a better defense and should do the same. LeBeau has stopped the cushion garbage and has to be pissed about Brady "whispering" to reporters about him, he needs to be aggressive and send the house. As of now the DB's are playing good enough to cover until the blitz gets there, and Brady as good as he normally is, is actually not good at all against the blitz. Our offense should dominate, I know it sounds strange to some because the pats are an all around good team, but that defense is HORRIBLE. If Ben get's time like he has been we might throw 400 on them for a change, hell he threw 375 on the Cards last week and they have a better defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we put up over 30 and they do less than 21. Again, Dallas held them to 17!! I hope these guys are as pumped as I am, I get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. We can get this one. I'll be damned if a group of p#@%ies like the pats come in here and beat us in the 'burgh, screw that, let's go Steelers, knock somebody the f#ck out!!!!!!:tt04::tt03:

ZoneBlitzer
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
This game should come down to the Steelers offense. If the offense can generate consistent drives and score TDs, they got a shot at beating the Pats.

ricardisimo
10-27-2011, 10:48 PM
So what your saying is arians sucks. :wink02:

Thats the biggest worry for me. Arians and his predicable/telegraphing plays. It'll be like the cheats* know what they're doing before they do.

Been there done that.
Belichick certainly does not need to videotape the Steelers practices to know that:

Empty backfield for some reason means we're not running it; :noidea:
3rd and short is a passing down;
When we do run it, you better believe we're running it to the right side and nowhere else;
Bubble screens, to Hines most likely... and who cares if it catches them off guard?

Sean95m
10-27-2011, 11:22 PM
My mother and sister are Pat's fans. Because of pretty boy. I told my mother on the phone today that I am going to be no relation to her and sis between 4:05 and 7ish!

tony hipchest
10-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Belichick certainly does not need to videotape the Steelers practices to know that:

Empty backfield for some reason means we're not running it; :noidea:
3rd and short is a passing down;
When we do run it, you better believe we're running it to the right side and nowhere else;
Bubble screens, to Hines most likely... and who cares if it catches them off guard?
have you learned nothing from the previous regime? if arians calls 65 rush plays to the right on sunday, it is a brilliant gameplan. its not his fault if the players (or anybody in the history of football) are incapable of executing it.

by the same token, arians can call 36 deep bombs for 12 consecutive 3 and outs and it will be the players fault for not executing.

arians is a genius! he's got his only supporters completely duped!

i dont think ben is gonna make the mistakes arians dials up from the sidelines. i think this is the game that arians hands over the "no huddle" reigns to ben and then takes all teh credit for handing over the reigns.

DanRooney
10-28-2011, 12:18 AM
We've won 6

SBs. Arians is

ELITE!!!

Hand in your terrible

towel!

Sixburgher
10-28-2011, 02:55 AM
i think this is the game that arians hands over the "no huddle" reigns to ben and then takes all teh credit for handing over the reigns.

And in the event of a loss, he will once again receive all the blame and be derided as an "idiot" by all the resident offensive ubergeniuses here.

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 03:05 AM
We've won 6

SBs. Arians is

ELITE!!!

Hand in your terrible

towel!

Hey man, why must we hand in our terrible towels every time an opinion is said? Are you aware that Arians has earned one superbowl with this team, and not six? If so, learn how to post.

Or just use your brain, that always helps.

ricardisimo
10-28-2011, 04:01 AM
Hey man, why must we hand in our terrible towels every time an opinion is said? Are you aware that Arians has earned one superbowl with this team, and not six? If so, learn how to post.

Or just use your brain, that always helps.
Dan and I hardly ever agree, but I think you'll see easily enough that he was trying to be funny.

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Dan and I hardly ever agree, but I think you'll see easily enough that he was trying to be funny.

I suggest he not be a comedian :chuckle:

That's okay. I said what I had to say just now in the Farrior thread, and i'm going to forget every reason as to why I dislike him. I guess we'll see how long it is until he gives me more reasons. Either way, i'm going to be the man and just sit back and watch. No reason to get all pissed about internet posts, right?

There's much better reasons to go into cardiac arrest! I could have died with a Baconator in my hand! :rofl:

steelcity1974
10-28-2011, 11:45 AM
NE's defense is ranked 32 in the NFL. But their offense is ranked 1. So if I was Tomlin and Arians, the game plan would be very simple...shorten the game and keep NE's offense off the field. The way you do that is by running the ball a lot more than throwing. Or if you throw, don't go for the homerun every time (maybe two or three times the entire game)...do the short slants or passes over the middle to Heath. Because NE's D is no good, our WR's should be able to get open, and our running game should be able to sustain drives. If we can control the clock, Brady can't do any damage from the sideline. If we can beat NE and Balt back-to-back, we will regain our swagger as the team to beat in the AFC. Now's our chance!!

Bayz101
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
NE's defense is ranked 32 in the NFL. But their offense is ranked 1. So if I was Tomlin and Arians, the game plan would be very simple...shorten the game and keep NE's offense off the field. The way you do that is by running the ball a lot more than throwing. Or if you throw, don't go for the homerun every time (maybe two or three times the entire game)...do the short slants or passes over the middle to Heath. Because NE's D is no good, our WR's should be able to get open, and our running game should be able to sustain drives. If we can control the clock, Brady can't do any damage from the sideline. If we can beat NE and Balt back-to-back, we will regain our swagger as the team to beat in the AFC. Now's our chance!!

Exactly. It can't get much simpler than that. The problem is, it's so simple that NE is going to do everything to prepare for that. I guess we'll see what Tomlin and LeBeau have in store for us this Sunday!

:tt02:

FanSince72
10-28-2011, 03:27 PM
And in the event of a loss, he will once again receive all the blame and be derided as an "idiot" by all the resident offensive ubergeniuses here.

Excuse me that's Mister Ubergenius, thank you.

steelbad@50
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
My mother and sister are Pat's fans. Because of pretty boy. I told my mother on the phone today that I am going to be no relation to her and sis between 4:05 and 7ish!

A true Steeler fan :tt04::tt02::tt::thumbsup:

caplovestroyp43
10-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah I got everybody all honked off at work because I dare call the princess "Marcia" or "Tammy" or "Gaydy." They tell me it's disrespectful and I told them once he does something in his life instead of whine for a PF every 5 minutes, maybe we will show him some respect.

Then of course, they had to mention the fact that he never raped anyone. WHATEVA!!!!!

I'm going to recrank them up tomorrow too!! It's my job as a Steelers fan to do so.

HERE WE STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!! One of the BIGGEST games of the year!!!

:tt02:

Fire Arians
10-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah I got everybody all honked off at work because I dare call the princess "Marcia" or "Tammy" or "Gaydy." They tell me it's disrespectful and I told them once he does something in his life instead of whine for a PF every 5 minutes, maybe we will show him some respect.

well that might be a little politically incorrect in a work environment, especially if you work with other people who might be gay. I don't know if there's any gay people at my workplace, but I am super cautious in a work environment, saying anything potentially derogatory toward gays, cause that can get me fired or reprimanded (for the record i have NO problem with gay people, but can't help with the locker room type of joking around sometimes).

but on these forums, let 'er rip haha

LayingTheWoodley56
10-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Let's forget how we all hate Arians...forget that Brady has in all honesty always owned us...let's forget the fact that we are not playing as well as we have in other seasons...and think that 65,000 of us are going to be going completely nuts this Sunday in a huge game with the best record in the AFC on the line against a team that I HATE and that WE HATE and that we are all going to enjoy watching this game at 4:15 on Sunday, and let's GET IT DONE. WOOOOOOO LET'S GO BOYS LET'S GO LET'S GET AFTER IT WAVE THEM FRICKINN TOWELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelbad@50
10-29-2011, 10:23 AM
This game should come down to the Steelers offense. If the offense can generate consistent drives and score TDs, they got a shot at beating the Pats.

I agree, and until we beat the Patriots I for one will not be a happy camper for the fact they have had our number for a while now. Beating them in the regular season would be nice, but in a playoff atmosphere that would be sweeeeeet. Of course both teams would have to make the playoffs, then u never know what can happen after that.

55BaileyFan
10-29-2011, 10:52 AM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/10/week-8-breakdown.html

I dont see a win, hate to say it. Our run game is too inconsistent and we are not winning a shoot out with Brady. We are 2-5 against him all time, 1-4 in the Burgh.

Drizztbob
10-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm watching the game with a Pats fan, is that a mistake??

steelbad@50
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM

Not if the one pictured in the middle is, i'm pretty sure we can forgive her:chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM

Now THAT I like !!!

Cheers !
::tt04:

BritishSteel
10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
The law of averages says we're due a win against Brady - someone else said it - the longer he's off the field, the more likely that is to happen.

therocksteeler
10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Lets get it on...... Kill The Cheaters!

:tt::tt03:

caplovestroyp43
10-30-2011, 03:18 PM
well that might be a little politically incorrect in a work environment, especially if you work with other people who might be gay. I don't know if there's any gay people at my workplace, but I am super cautious in a work environment, saying anything potentially derogatory toward gays, cause that can get me fired or reprimanded (for the record i have NO problem with gay people, but can't help with the locker room type of joking around sometimes).

but on these forums, let 'er rip haha

That's a thoughtful point. It really is. BTW what I didn't tell you is that I *whispered* the Gaydy part!!

But thanks for the thought. You're right. I have to be careful too. :tt02:

therocksteeler
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Go Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quasar
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM
This game was so good, I DVR'd it and will watch it again! :tt04: