PDA

View Full Version : The media and craziness...

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 06:36 AM
I now officially hate the media....

Go to the Post Gazette's web site and check out the main page. Hell, I know this was news but damn, this rivals Katrina coverage. :dang:

And I know reporters are just doing their jobs but something really irks me when you have media vans outside Roethlisberger's parents home taking pictures of them packing up to leave and shoving mics in friends/familys faces as they enter the hospital... Jesus, have some respect. The media makes me sick to my stomach.

Ambridge
06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
The media regardless of the big story whether it be sports, politics, crimes and or criminals are like a school of pirranhas feasting on a dead carcass that has found its way into their waters.
It's a shame when they become intrusive and distasteful.

They'll beat the Ben/Motorcycle story to death for a while and then eventually go away.

Suitanim
06-13-2006, 08:59 AM
It's also part of being SB Champs, although that isn't any excuse...

section514
06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
i couldn't tell you one thing that went on in Pittsburgh yesterday, besides ben's wreck

I think a plane was supposed to make an emergency landing at Pittsburgh International, but I never heard what else happend.

Everyone in this forum wanted to know everything as soon as it came out. I agree the media was/is very intrusive about the whole situation, but is there anyone here that wasn't checking online every 5 minutes or watching the TV when they could?

I know I was until about 6:00 when I realised I should just wait until the morning.

Hammer67
06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
i couldn't tell you one thing that went on in Pittsburgh yesterday, besides ben's wreck

I think a plane was supposed to make an emergency landing at Pittsburgh International, but I never heard what else happend.

Everyone in this forum wanted to know everything as soon as it came out. I agree the media was/is very intrusive about the whole situation, but is there anyone here that wasn't checking online every 5 minutes or watching the TV when they could?

I know I was until about 6:00 when I realised I should just wait until the morning.

Hey, I am all for them reporting the news and this was definitely news. But, my issue is with the way the media acts in this day and age?almost with no regard for family and friends going through this. I mean, come on, how is a comment from Charlie Batch or Ben's mother going to change anything or enlighten us? Why bother them to ask "How do you feel?" How the hell do you think she feels??!!!

The media in the country does make me sick. Why do they have to give out the woman who drove the car's name in the paper??!! It was an accident and now that poor woman is going to either have to change their number, move or both. You know moronic fans will send death threats their way.

SteelerzGirl
06-13-2006, 11:05 AM
This isn't a good situation any way you look at it, but the thing that irks me the most is the total disregard and disrespect the media has for Ben's family during this very difficult time. :frown: